GB PSN Tournament: Rage Quit Demon 2!!!

• 189 results
#101 Posted by GetEveryone (4455 posts) -

I'm pretty busy the next few week/ends but I'll totally make time for the tourny. Hopefully it runs pretty smoothly; the IRC idea seems spot on.  

@OmegaPirate: Want to play some matches? I've been trying to pick up a few other characters/ideas, so I need as many player matches as I can get.

#102 Posted by mubress (1517 posts) -
@OmegaPirate: Cammy?!!! Oh fuck. That's it I'm out.

Seriously though, I'm looking forward to it yes. People better make sure to bring their A game when you play as I'll be recording my games :)
#103 Posted by StaticFalconar (4849 posts) -

Alrighty, just got done with my 3rd midterm this week and is currently running on 2 hrs of sleep. No better time than now to get some SF4 in. Also, we got two slots open now due to more drop outs but thats just the nature of online tournaments. IF anyone wants in, you got thier slots. 

With less than 2 days to the tournament, this is the first time in weeks that I can have time to play some games. Lets see, finish Bioshock 2, put in Heavy rain (I'm not rich, I just got gamefly), or get some practice on SF4? So many choices. Reguardless of what you see me play online, if you want to get some exhibition SF4 games going with me just message. 

#104 Posted by GetEveryone (4455 posts) -

I'd like to make a public notice before the tournament begins. My connection has been trash as of late, if we D/C you can have the win. Fuck, Glasgow; Fuck BT.

#105 Posted by StaticFalconar (4849 posts) -
@GetEveryone: Yeah, I have no idea what the hell was up with that. Similar thing happened when I played truffle, but when I played copy after you logged off it was much more bearable (I'm pretty sure thats not the correct spelling). Of course still some lag in input but not a slideshow.  

Btw: Another one bytes the dust (pun intended). MrMiyagi is out so at this point if anyone wants to fill the new three open spots : MrMiyagi, PantyshotMQN and DanielJW, just say the word and the spots is yours. Any fellow contestants that got some friends that didn't sign up its now a good time to get them to join. Remember this is league play so everybody is going to get equal battle experience with those that is hungriest be the probable winner. Of course this assumes that people show up to fight each other this weekend. God I can't wait til Super comes out so i can implement a much easier solution to this. 
#106 Posted by thegoldencat7 (1497 posts) -
@thegoldencat7 said:
  We need three more people then. "
Someone should start a thread saying 'Calling all ps3 sfiv players' or something like that. 

That chat box seemed to be working pretty well last night why dont we just use that. (as opposed to irc.)

Two hour morning lectures; cancelled.  
So if anyone wants to play some more matches, I'll be on from now onwards. 

#107 Posted by GetEveryone (4455 posts) -
@thegoldencat7: Sweet man, my net seems to be behaving itself today, so I'll get some games on with you later if I'm on.
#108 Edited by StaticFalconar (4849 posts) -

I understand not everybody can be in front of a computer and thier console at the same time so we will try to do the chat room on PSN as well (edit, i just realized i put IRC in there before). However thats in addition not instead since it is honestly easier on the eyes to just look at two different screens that constantl;y pressing the PS button whenever we want to say anything. 

#109 Edited by GetEveryone (4455 posts) -

Good luck to everyone today, I've got some revision to do this afternoon, then I'll be on for a good few hours. Hope to see you all over on the IRC.

Edit: Which people dropped out, and how does this affect the overall scoring etc?

#110 Posted by OmegaPirate (5522 posts) -

Yeah hope everyone has a good one today- my ps3 will be on all day and i shall be in my room  - so any of my opponents just come online and send me a message when you want a game - im too busy nursing this feckin hangover to do anything else today!!

#111 Posted by thegoldencat7 (1497 posts) -

Having now been beaten by GetEveryone 3 times 15-9, 7-3, & 10-7 I now have to play him yet again today... twice.
Would now be a good time to admit that C.Viper is actually my main? 

I'll dip into the IRC but its kinda awkward cos' my ps3 IS my browser. 

What do we do about listed opponents that are out? 

Good luck everyone.
#112 Edited by GetEveryone (4455 posts) -
@thegoldencat7: I was thinking we do the 2 sets separately, thats gives us both a break and a bit of time in between. Fresh eyes, man.

Also, DanielJW and Panties dropped out, so I'm two people down on me list. I just tried messaging VicRattleHead, but to no avail (Edit: he replied, going to play tomorrow possibly); I'll try again later. Off to catch the second half of the Ireland game.

I'll be back around in a few hours.

Edit: Got served by mubress as expected. 3-1 in his favour/
#113 Posted by OmegaPirate (5522 posts) -

apparently my friends list was full - i have cleared out some duders to make room for any potential combatants from here so feel free to throw an invite my way :D still aint had a fight yet!

#114 Posted by J_Las_Vegas (144 posts) -

I'm looking forward to playing you guys.  Might be on late tonight, but will be available all day tomorrow.

Good luck everyone

#115 Posted by baelrrogg (126 posts) -

Question? DO we have to play our matches in sequence ?( I wouldnt think so since its leauge style?)

#116 Posted by mubress (1517 posts) -
@baelrrogg: No just play people when you can, order doesn't matter.

I'm online now anyway if people want to play. I have 5 of the people in my list already as my PSN friends so Ima just gunna add the others now.
#117 Posted by baelrrogg (126 posts) -
@mubress: Ima eat something and you can beat men and get our matches out of the way lol
#118 Posted by mubress (1517 posts) -
@baelrrogg: well with that attitude I might do just that! lol
#119 Edited by GetEveryone (4455 posts) -

Edited my old post, but dont know where its gone/ 3-1 in mubress' favour.

GetEveryone 1 - mubress 3
GetEveryone 3  - Waille 0
GetEveryone 3 - Dryph 1
GetEveryone 3 - thegoldencat 1
Found it up there, 2 posts it is/ I'll just edit this one with all my scores from now on.

#120 Posted by baelrrogg (126 posts) -

Me and Driadon had our matches and I won 3-1. Mubress or Getevryone I can play one of you guys now (you both msg while we were doing this set)

#121 Edited by Driadon (2998 posts) -

Baelrrogg beat my ass 3-1
Your Sagat is so much better then the ones I got used to...and my Honda round sucked LOL.

#122 Posted by baelrrogg (126 posts) -
@Driadon: No worries...I wanted to test Seth as I'm trying to develop an anti-dhalsim strategy...now that was a pretty bad whooping...1st round my only goal was not to give you a yellow bar win
#123 Posted by Driadon (2998 posts) -

Keeng destroyed me 3-0

#124 Posted by baelrrogg (126 posts) -

Had matches with  Mubress...he won 3-2...  I still cant belive he can land those tight links on a 2 bar connection...

#125 Posted by Driadon (2998 posts) -

Newmarcom did me with with 3-1. Man, my loosing steak just keeps growing and growing.

#126 Posted by Driadon (2998 posts) -

Mubress beat me 3-1

#127 Posted by baelrrogg (126 posts) -

Had games with GetEvreyone...he won 3-1...

#128 Edited by baelrrogg (126 posts) -

Beat Waille 3-0...

Whos the replacement for weunsweathem (danieljw)?

#129 Posted by Wes899 (2114 posts) -

Fuck. My  network is all screwed up. Go ahead and DQ me. Sorry everyone if this makes me seem like a bastard. Shit.

#130 Posted by mubress (1517 posts) -

I'm back on now if anyone wants to play.

#131 Posted by baelrrogg (126 posts) -

kk i am now waiting for satune, flstyle, J_las_vegas, omegapirate and pessh anyone know if theyre around
ill pm them too

#132 Posted by OmegaPirate (5522 posts) -

i am at my pc however the mrs is currently playing the new borderlands dlc on the 360 - i should hopefully have possession of the tv soon :\

#133 Posted by mubress (1517 posts) -
@baelrrogg: Pessh was replaced by VicRattlehead. That's his PSN name also.
#134 Posted by baelrrogg (126 posts) -
@OmegaPirate: no worries...just lemme know when :p
#135 Posted by baelrrogg (126 posts) -
@mubress: ok cool i already have him on my list
#136 Edited by StaticFalconar (4849 posts) -

Update: After a number of matches here are the results so far:

PSN GB Name   Score Wins Lost Win%
1 mubress  mubress2 40 12 3
2 StaticFalconar StaticFalconar 30 11 5
3 Marukon newmarcom 20 6 4
4  Keeng  Keeng 20 7 3
5 Dryph    baelrrogg 20 9 7
6 ninjalaw Ninjalaw 10 3 5
7 GetEveryone GetEveryone 10 4 4
8 thegoldencat thegoldencat7   10 3 4
9 Driadon Driadon 0 4 15
10 FallingAwake    MrMiyagi 0 0 0
11 PantyshotMQN PantyshotMQN 0 0 0
12 SuperSonicKirby Sleepy_Insomniac 0 0 0
13 TruffleHouse Satune 0 0 0
14 Ravioli_Sumo Wes899   0 0 0
15 WeUnsweatThem   DanielJW 0 0 0
16 waille  waille  0 1 9
17 FLStyle FLStyle 0 0 0
18 J_Las_Vegas J_Las_Vegas 0 0 0
19 OmegaPirate OmegaPirate 0 0 0
20   VicRattlehead   VicRattlehead 0 0 0
#137 Posted by MrMiyagi (929 posts) -
@Driadon said:
" Baelrrogg beat my ass 3-1 Your Sagat is so much better then the ones I got used to...and my Honda round sucked LOL. "
I take offense to this!
#138 Posted by baelrrogg (126 posts) -
@MrMiyagi: why is that?
#139 Posted by GetEveryone (4455 posts) -
@StaticFalconar: I've won 3 sets and lost 1, so I should have 30 points, no?
#140 Posted by StaticFalconar (4849 posts) -
@GetEveryone said:
" @StaticFalconar: I've won 3 sets and lost 1, so I should have 30 points, no? "
probably except you only reported 2 of those matches to me
#141 Posted by GetEveryone (4455 posts) -

I edited one of my earlier posts with all the scores. Just a couple of hours ago, think I was the first person to, so it may have been lost in the fray.

#142 Posted by StaticFalconar (4849 posts) -

Edited the first post for the results so far. Only 1st, 2nd and 3rd will have any tiebreakers and such if it comes to that

#143 Posted by GetEveryone (4455 posts) -
@StaticFalconar: What do the "Wins x" "Losses y" refer to?
#144 Posted by StaticFalconar (4849 posts) -

The score from each set. Somebody could get zero points but still have a lot of close matches but just isn't clutch enough to take the set.

#145 Posted by MrMiyagi (929 posts) -
@baelrrogg said:
" @MrMiyagi: why is that? "
Because I main Sagat, and Driadon and I play often. He totally just dissed me. :P
#146 Posted by Driadon (2998 posts) -
@StaticFalconar: Oh man, I'm totally gonna end this with no score because of that. Oh well, it's still been a whole lot of fun.
#147 Posted by StaticFalconar (4849 posts) -
@Driadon: You still got truffle and supersonic you might still get a set off (unless they dropped and I didn't hear about it). Your win loss record does show that you are capable of winning some matches, just not enough to take the set. Let this be your initiation into the PS3 community compared to the PC people you usually play with (If i remember correctly). 
#148 Edited by waille (10 posts) -

So are DanielJW and FLStyle still in it or have they been replaced?

#149 Edited by GetEveryone (4455 posts) -

GetEveryone 1 - mubress 3
GetEveryone 3  - Waille 0
GetEveryone 3 - Dryph 1
GetEveryone 3 - thegoldencat 1
Edit:
GetEveryone 0 - VicRattleHead 3 (Destroyed by Balrog...I really, really hate that guy; well played)
GetEveryone 3 - thegoldencat 2 (Sandbagging with Rufus FTL!)

Is FLStyle still in this? If not, I've done all the matches I can do before sticking in substitutes.

#150 Posted by Keeng (1001 posts) -

I kinda dunno who to fight. The last three people I encountered told me they'd dropped out. I'll be online most of today and until the wee hours of Monday morning so PSN message me if you are still in and are interested in trying to punch me in the face. 

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.