#151 Edited by VicRattlehead (1398 posts) -

VicRattlehead 3 - goldencat 1
VicRattlehead 3 - Geteveryone 0
VicRattlehead 3 - J_Las_Vegas 0
VicRattlehead 2 - mubress2 3
VicRattlehead 3 - Marukon 0
VicRattlehead 3 - Omegapirate 0

#152 Posted by mubress (1517 posts) -

I have 4 matchups left which are Omegapirate, Waille, J_Las_Vegas and Satune aka trufflehouse.

I just played against VicRattlehead (good games dude) and will be on for another 1/2 hour, then back on an hour after that 4 a while.

#153 Posted by waille (10 posts) -

i should be on in an hour or 2, still at work atm.

#154 Posted by mubress (1517 posts) -
@waille: yeah no worries, just letting people know in case they'd forgot etc :)
#155 Posted by VicRattlehead (1398 posts) -
@mubress: yeh gg's dude your abel blew me mind lol
#156 Posted by OmegaPirate (5522 posts) -

Golden cat 3 - OmegaPirate 0 
Waille - 3 - OmegaPirate - 0  
Keeng - 3 - OmegaPirate 0
J_vegas - 3  OmegaPirate -  1
Vic rattlehead - 3   OmegaPirate -  0

Not the greatest tourney for me so far i must admit, but due to this being my first time playing in about 6/7 months i reckon i did alright, won a few rounds here or there and had a few close ones, but man - playing a skilled bison scares the shit outta me!   

#157 Posted by J_Las_Vegas (144 posts) -

My results so far:

vicrattlehead 3
J_Las_Vegas      0 

goldencat 3
 J_Las_Vegas     1

Omegapirate 1
 J_Las_Vegas   3

StaticFalcolnar  3
 J_Las_Vegas    2

#158 Posted by GetEveryone (4455 posts) -
@Keeng: I know we weren't scheduled to, but I'm 4 players short, so want to do a set? No idea if Static will count it.
#159 Posted by StaticFalconar (4849 posts) -

Ok, so tourney update for day 2: (Also posted in 1st post as well)

PSN GB Name   Score Wins Lost Win% W/L (sets)
1 mubress  mubress2 50 15 5
5 and 0
2 StaticFalconar StaticFalconar 50 17 7
5 and 1
7 VicRattlehead VicRattlehead 50 17 4
5 and 1
3 GetEveryone GetEveryone 40 13 10
4 and 2
4  Keeng  Keeng 30 10 3
3 and 1
5 thegoldencat thegoldencat7   30 13 14
3 and 4
6 Marukon newmarcom 20 6 7
2 and 2
8 Dryph    baelrrogg 20 9 7
2 and 2
9 ninjalaw Ninjalaw 10 3 5
1 and 1
10 waille  waille  10 4 12
1 and 4
11 J_Las_Vegas J_Las_Vegas 10 6 10
1 and 3
12 Driadon Driadon 0 4 15
0 and 5
13 TruffleHouse Satune 0 0 3
0 and 1
14 OmegaPirate OmegaPirate 0 1 15
0 and 5
15 SuperSonicKirby Sleepy_Insomniac 0 0 0

16 FallingAwake    MrMiyagi 0 0 0

17 Ravioli_Sumo Wes899   0 0 0

18 WeUnsweatThem   DanielJW 0 0 0

19 FLStyle FLStyle 0 0 0

20 PantyshotMQN PantyshotMQN 0 0 0

So far it seems there is a tie for 1st place at 50 points each. If mubress can get a set off and win by the end of tonight (from my time perspective), then he wins the tourney. 

If that doesn't happen, then it is a tiebreaker time.
#160 Posted by waille (10 posts) -

I have a match left with mubress and J_Las_Vegas, but I'm not able to sign into PSN for whatever reason so I'll do those matches tomorrow.
#161 Posted by J_Las_Vegas (144 posts) -

One more result:

mubress    1
J_Las_Vegas   3

#162 Posted by GetEveryone (4455 posts) -
@J_Las_Vegas: I bet this one upset the bookies.
#163 Posted by mubress (1517 posts) -
@J_Las_Vegas: I just watched our match back and I think what threw me off was the fact that you just stood there a lot. I'm used to people jumping all over me :) Well played anyway.

I will endeavour to upload the matches as soon as possible. A lot of them are plagued by lag of varying sorts, but there still watchable.
#164 Posted by J_Las_Vegas (144 posts) -
@mubress: I usually get torn to shreads when I jump in.  Was hoping to catch Abel with a cr mk and fireball combo after his roll.  I was too woried at getting caught in that focus attack to ultra you were trying.  Great match though.

@Geteveryone:  I was as surprised as anyone.
#165 Edited by StaticFalconar (4849 posts) -

Final Score

PSN GB Name   Score Wins Lost Win% W/L (sets)
1 mubress  mubress2 50 16 8 66 5 and 1
2 StaticFalconar StaticFalconar 50 17 7 70 5 and 1
3 VicRattlehead VicRattlehead 50 17 4 80 5 and 1
4 GetEveryone GetEveryone 40 13 10 56 4 and 2
5  Keeng  Keeng 30 10 3 76 3 and 1
6 thegoldencat thegoldencat7   30 13 14 48 3 and 4
7 Marukon newmarcom 20 6 7 46 2 and 2
8 Dryph    baelrrogg 20 9 7 56 2 and 2
9 J_Las_Vegas J_Las_Vegas 20 9 11 45 2 and 3
10 ninjalaw Ninjalaw 10 3 5 37 1 and 1
11 waille  waille  10 4 12 25 1 and 4
12 Driadon Driadon 0 4 15 21 0 and 5
13 TruffleHouse Satune 0 0 3 0 0 and 1
14 OmegaPirate OmegaPirate 0 1 15 6 0 and 5
15 SuperSonicKirby Sleepy_Insomniac 0 0 0

16 FallingAwake    MrMiyagi 0 0 0

17 Ravioli_Sumo Wes899   0 0 0

18 WeUnsweatThem   DanielJW 0 0 0

19 FLStyle FLStyle 0 0 0

20 PantyshotMQN PantyshotMQN 0 0 0

Tiebreaker tournament

Wins Lose W/L (sets)
Mubress 8 3 2 and 2
Staticfalconar 6 4 1 and 1
Vic Rattlhead   1 8 0 and 2

Staticfalconar VicRattlehead Mubress
Staic Falconar [[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[ W (4-0) L (2-4)
Vic Rattlehead L (0-4) [[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[ L (1-4)
Mubress W (4-2) W (4-1) [[[[[[[[[[[[[[[

Hype Got?

If you have more matches or whatever, it honestly doesn't matter. Go play them for funsies and for pride if you want, but I wasn't about to hold up the tournament for your unlikely big win streaks to be contention for 1st, 2nd and 3rd place. Overall, we had 5 no shows, but luckily as you can see from the overall league results, those that did show up to play had quickly seperated themselves out from the rest of the pack and it was so close, we just had to have had a tie breaker mini tournament to sort things out. 

The next time I will do another tournament or bombing run will be after Super comes out. So many hype matches and all the chat room could do is just wait for one of the competitors to report out the results. All I gotta say is, expect spectator mode and team battles to play an integral role  in my next tournament. 21-Nil baby, get hype.

EDIT: as always any criticisms of how the tournament went or other people (if you want to start some rivalries), is always welcomed. I know this tournament wasn't exactly run smooth, and there were some problems; however things like people showing up is of course dependent on participation from everybody to take it seriously enough to at least be there.
#166 Posted by OmegaPirate (5522 posts) -

congrats to the tie break players and overall victors, had a blast playing and wouldve got my last 2 games in if this ps3 death bug had not occured, definately need to get another one of these going :D 

#167 Posted by VicRattlehead (1398 posts) -

yeh i had fun playing in it.... just a pitty i didnt put up more of a fight in the end but you know beaten by the better dudes and all....
definitely more fun than playing champ mode all the time thanks for puting it together @StaticFalconar

#168 Posted by Dolphin_Butter (1915 posts) -

I couldn't sign onto PSN all weekend for some reason. Sorry about the people who missed out on matches.

#169 Posted by YetiAntics (1490 posts) -

Luckily you guys got this done before the "BREAKING NEWS: Big PS3 Crash 2010"
#170 Posted by newmarcom (296 posts) -

Congrats to the winners. Guess I'll retire from SF4 and continue my TvC training. At least until SSF4 is released. I'll still welcome challengers to all fighting games if you see me online.

#171 Posted by Keeng (999 posts) -

As usual, this was another awesome tournament. I'm always glad to play with you guys. Big ups to StaticFalconar for bringin it together again. I'm down for anything SF4 and SSF4 in the future.  

Also, I thought it was hilariously ironic that this major PSN shutdown happened during what was essentially a 48-hour tournament. It's official: Rage Quit Demon 2 brought down the PlayStation Network! You heard it here first.

#172 Edited by waille (10 posts) -

Congrats to the winners, looking forward to the next tourney.

@Keeng:  I think we did kill the PSN GET HYPE!!! lol.

#173 Edited by thegoldencat7 (1496 posts) -

Congrats Mubress.  

@GetEveryone:
Yeah me and Falcs were going off our heads, it was a good moment. 

Well I'm quite happy with 6th. My losses were all to the top 4 and I can take some solace in knowing I beat 2 of the people above me in practice.  Plus my aim beforehand was to avoid the wooden spoon. 

Kinda missed the end, cos' of the PSN blackout but never mind. 

Great fun playing you all, see you at the next one.

#174 Posted by GetEveryone (4455 posts) -

I really enjoyed how it all played out. If more people had showed up, it would have been easier finding any of the players online at a given moment, but bar that it was good. Wish I'd not just gone jump and SRK crazy so much, but that's pressure for you. Always next time.

Props to mubress; you are pretty awesome dude.

#175 Posted by Scooper (7882 posts) -

Congrats on a successful tourny.

#176 Posted by baelrrogg (126 posts) -

Sorry for missing all of day 2 guys but some unexpected trashing on saturday rendered me useless yesterday.

#177 Edited by mubress (1517 posts) -

Looks like I missed out on the PSN happenings, I can sign in fine now. EDIT; oh it was just older PS3 models. EDIT2: scratch that, I can't sign in either.

@StaticFalconar:

As others have said cheers for organising this, few people didn't show but not much you can do about that. Shame about the tie-break game we had; when you can't punish Bison's TP then it turns into a whole different game.
#178 Posted by StaticFalconar (4849 posts) -
OMG, yes. It was such a great call on my p art to just say fuck it. this tournament will end as scheduled instead of extending it.  It was also pretty lucky overall that the three people tied for first signed on pretty simultaneously and just agreed to the tiebreaker. Mubress and Vic could have just said no and opted to try to get thier last matches out of the way (so there would be no need for a tiebreaker) which of course wouldn't have happened when y2k10 happened shortly after. 

@mubress:
 No worries, you did win it fair and square. I was totally mindfucked when i realised all my command throws were mistimed and I can't punish your teleport that I just totally resorted to stupid noob shit instead of keeping my cool. If you recorded our matches you will see me playing more stupid as our matches went on.  Hell, I should have stalled or something in letting the timer go down before picking my character so I can recollect myself instead of feeling angry, frustrated and letting those emotions dictate me.  Congrates again, you do deserve it. 

@VicRattlehead: Even though I did beat you 4 zip, the 1st three were really close, but I was just able to consistently clutch it out, by reading you when you trying to rush me down. My first main was rog, so I'm sure I was much more comfortable than you were in that match. If you were aiming to counter pick for the last match, the safe bet is always sagat. Although I did beat two (could be more/less) sagats and ryus in the regular league portion of the tournament.  
#179 Posted by GetEveryone (4455 posts) -
@StaticFalconar: I still don't feel, although we've had two or more tournaments, that we've played a decent set. Meet you some other time, I guess.
#180 Posted by YetiAntics (1490 posts) -

Hey, GetEveryone. Now im waiting on you to make a tourney now!
#181 Posted by GetEveryone (4455 posts) -
@PantyshotMQN: ;) My coursework is due on the 15th of March, then I'll either wait until Super or whip out one final bracketed tournament before its release. 

Ideas/Decisions?
#182 Posted by StaticFalconar (4849 posts) -
@GetEveryone said:
" @StaticFalconar: I still don't feel, although we've had two or more tournaments, that we've played a decent set. Meet you some other time, I guess. "
Well if you could have gotten a set of Vic, you would have knocked him down and taken his place for the tiebreaker; but in the tiebreaker match, I took vic down 4, nil, so by transitive property I win. lols. I'm not that super hardcore of a player and Rage quit demon 2 filled my SF4 hunger for a little while. Games like GoW3 and FF13 is coming up as well as the last stretch to finals for school. If you really want to face me and I take the match seriously, just pair us up for the 1st round in your next tournament (or wait til i do one for super, if you ain't throwing another tournament) but all i gotta say is please no slideshow lag. 
#183 Posted by GetEveryone (4455 posts) -
@StaticFalconar: We could just have a set sometime? I don't think we've had any casuals bar those the other day (which were awul lag-wise). Whenever my internet behaves and you're online I'll send an invite.
#184 Posted by StaticFalconar (4849 posts) -
@GetEveryone: Alright, sometime later in the week then. Kinda burnt out on SF4 at the moment (taste of defeat is just so salty) and heavy rain is just so interesting. If we are going to have a set where both of us take it seriously Lets do first to ten or something in that range. If all you want is casuals, then whatever and whenever then. 
#185 Posted by thegoldencat7 (1496 posts) -

Another tournament would be cool, give sfiv a good send-off, t'would be like a testimonial or summat. In the meantime; essays! Yay.

#186 Posted by Driadon (2997 posts) -

That, indeed was a good time. Thanks for organizing Static, and congrats Mubress. I've since sent my copy back to the rental service, so I'll see all of you back in my electrical-green-man suite when Super comes out

#187 Edited by mubress (1517 posts) -

Just posted games against GetEveryone, Baelrrogg and thegoldencat over on the match videos thread. Others will be uploaded sometime soon.

#188 Posted by mubress (1517 posts) -
#189 Posted by J_Las_Vegas (144 posts) -
@StaticFalconar:  Thanks for setting up the tournament, I had a blast.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.