Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Street Fighter IV

Game » consists of 9 releases. Released Jul 18, 2008

After nearly a decade in hiatus, Capcom's signature mainline fighting game series resurfaces with its fourth main installment, combining the traditional 2D gameplay with modern fully-3D graphics.

Gen Custom Artwork for TE Fightstick Request.

• 97 results
    lordofultima

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 9

#51  Edited By lordofultima
    @thedakini: No offense but..
    thedakini

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#52  Edited By thedakini
    @lordofultima:
    ..Sorry..were you referring to the links i had on there? I've taken them down if that was a problem. Or were you referring to the images?
    Thrawn1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#53  Edited By Thrawn1

I dare anyone to try and make e. honda artwork that either doesn't look stupid, or looks stupid but in a non-stupid, ironic way

napalm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54  Edited By napalm
    @thedakini said:
    " @lordofultima: ..Sorry..were you referring to the links i had on there? I've taken them down if that was a problem. Or were you referring to the images? "
    No offense but you have awful color usage. Re-purposing Akuma as all fiery makes him look like shit. You should have stuck with the standard color job on him originally.

And the Gouken one with the Sepia and Grayscale images looks like ass and have absolutely have no life in them. You just have way too much shit going on in this images, and doesn't help they look assy.

I apologize about being so mean, but that's what happens after four years in a commercial art school.
    SpecialBuddy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#55  Edited By SpecialBuddy
    @Napalm said:
    " @thedakini said:
    " @lordofultima: ..Sorry..were you referring to the links i had on there? I've taken them down if that was a problem. Or were you referring to the images? "
    No offense but you have awful color usage. Re-purposing Akuma as all fiery makes him look like shit. You should have stuck with the standard color job on him originally.  And the Gouken one with the Sepia and Grayscale images looks like ass and have absolutely have no life in them. You just have way too much shit going on in this images, and doesn't help they look assy.  I apologize about being so mean, but that's what happens after four years in a commercial art school. "
    Damn dude.
    Plasma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56  Edited By Plasma
    @thedakini: Ignore Napalm, I think they look pretty good. 
    @Napalm: It's a freaking stick template, he didn't hang it on a wall and ask for an art critic, your just being a arrogant douche.
    napalm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57  Edited By napalm
    @Plasma said:

" @Napalm said:  Ignore Napalm, I think they look pretty good. It's a freaking stick template, he didn't hang it on a wall and ask for an art critic, your just being a arrogant douche. "

And you still suck at Street Fighter IV even with a tournament stick, so we're even.

Like I said, I apologize about being so mean, but joystick template art is an awesome place to show off creativity and do some really cool stuff. It just kind of bums me out when I see a stick that has uninteresting graphics on it. And honestly, art, no matter where its produced will never get better if people don't give ways to help people improve, so think of it like I'm helping you make better template art, and don't take it so personally. If it's any consolation, I still suck ass with Photoshop.

Beside, it doesn't matter if I think it looks like ass. If somebody wants to use those, that's fine. No skin off my back. And hell, kudos if you sold it to them to make a little money doing it. I'm just giving you ways to improve even if it comes off douchebaggish. I'm no better at stick art than anybody else, but I like to voice dislikes about art and just help people improve overall. That's no different than telling somebody their flaws in their game at SFIV.
    Plasma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58  Edited By Plasma
    @Napalm: It's funny because everyone else gets it but you.
    napalm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By napalm
    @Plasma said:
    " @Napalm: It's funny because everyone else gets it but you. "
    I don't know what you mean, but whatever. I'd much rather explain myself than not say anything and have something be taken out of context in some weird fashion.
    Stang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#60  Edited By Stang

How about you two wankers kiss and make up? I will call Dr. Phil and have his fat ass set you two straight!

lordofultima

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By lordofultima

I was just referring to the fact that SpecialBuddy's stick artwork had already been made. But hey, lots of love to spread around.

thedakini

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62  Edited By thedakini
    @Napalm:
    WOW....that is some seriously harsh feedback on my stick art there Napalm. I can take the criticism  and even agree with you that the images are a bit busy, but you really need to work on your comunication skills man, there is a way to criticise without being a total tool about it. 
    The reason for gouken being the colour he is, is I have played around with many different types of colour balance and bias for gouken templates and nothing bright or flashy or even dark and moody seem to suit his character, He is a strong, grounded character and that's why I went with the subtle scheme. Looking back at the Akuma, perhaps it does need work, but not for the reason you mention- I think the fire affects in the bg are weak now, but the layered akuma works just fine, and I think  the Gouken is balanced, if a little busy. See, I can take and learn from criticism, but your specific comments have little validity.  

I find it interesting that you have not posted any attempt or displayed any contribution to this post visually, and considering you spent 4 years in 'commercial art school' yet cannot seemingly produce artwork or use standard image editing software like photoshop, I gather you were one of the ones who liked to talk the talk, but had no actual talent themselves. Believe me, I know your type, after spending 4 years myself in art college, and 5 years working proffessionaly as a storyboarder, concept artist and designer, I've met plenty of people like you.  They never last.
    So do me a favour, come up with a design yourself , and maybe you can try and intelectualise its validity, cos I'm guessing the artwork won't hold up on it's own. 

thedakini

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63  Edited By thedakini
    @lordofultima said:
    "I was just referring to the fact that SpecialBuddy's stick artwork had already been made. But hey, lots of love to spread around. "

@lordofultima: Ah, I see...yeah, I started to figure that as I went back throught he posts. Nevermind.
    napalm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64  Edited By napalm

I actually don't really like to do stick art, honestly. I admit I'm not that good with it. I just prefer very minimalistic styles, and I think they work best with stick art. And just because I'm not pro in Photoshop doesn't mean I suck in InDesign, Flash and Illustrator. Regardless, from a visual standpoint, I voiced concerns and I have no desire to get in a dick-measuring contest with you, which what seems exactly what you wanted. Take what I said with a grain of salt, I really don't give a fuck.

So, if you feel the need to measure dicks, go check some of the old tournament threads and you'll find work from me and Plasma in there, but I'm not digging it up, because I honestly couldn't care less.

Plasma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65  Edited By Plasma

I feel like I'm watching a sitcom whenever I visit this forum. 

napalm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66  Edited By napalm
    @Plasma: I concur my remark was harsh and I, once again, apologize for that. However, as I've stressed several times, I didn't post that with a pompous attitude of "I can do it better and and you suck." Just as somebody who makes a lot of visual work, I was just-

You know, why the fuck am I explaining this shit again?
    Plasma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67  Edited By Plasma

Woah calm down, just said there are alot of funny conversations in this forum, didn't say anything about you or your obvious guilt. 

EDIT: Also look up the meaning of concur, if you can be an art nazi, I can be a grammer nazi :P

napalm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68  Edited By napalm
    @Plasma: I said "concur" because that was more directed at TheDakini, haha.

This thread has turned to shit, it should probably be locked.
    thedakini

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69  Edited By thedakini
    @Napalm:
    When you call peoples work ass then things will tend to turn to shit! (That was in jest btw)  
    Anyway we've had our say and will take the oportunity to try making clearer more graphic artwork
    as I've never tried going in for that kind of style before but on a stick simple artwork does look great.  
    I'll take a look at some of your work if I can find it on the forums.
    napalm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70  Edited By napalm
    @thedakini said:
    " @Napalm: When you call peoples work ass then things will tend to turn to shit! (That was in jest btw)  Anyway we've had our say and will take the oportunity to try making clearer more graphic artworkas I've never tried going in for that kind of style before but on a stick simple artwork does look great.  I'll take a look at some of your work if I can find it on the forums. "
    Most of it is just stock shit I slapped together in 10 minutes. It's nothing special, but you could search for it if you really, really wanted to see something I've done.
    lordofultima

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71  Edited By lordofultima
    napalm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72  Edited By napalm
    @lordofultima said:
    " Simple artwork, it's so easy anyone can do it. Even me. "
    I believe you're a bit of an exception because you already deal with crazy flash and animation programs and cool visuals and shit for your videos and stuff.
    Luke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 7

#73  Edited By Luke

Christ!  This thread is awesome!  Why the fuck am I just see it now? X( 

lordofultima

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74  Edited By lordofultima
    @Napalm said:
    " @lordofultima said:
    I believe you're a bit of an exception because you already deal with crazy flash and animation programs and cool visuals and shit for your videos and stuff. "
    Yeah I guess I was being facetious with that remark, more of me just trying to promote the fact that I'm a badass.
    Plasma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75  Edited By Plasma
    @lordofultima said:
    That stick... so simple, yet so awesome. The futuristic honeycomb reminds me of Metal Gear Solid 2, don't know if that's a positive or not :P
    Heartbreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76  Edited By Heartbreak

Glad I wasn't the only one thinking MGS2, I'm gonna start working on Seth artwork, I don't even have a fightstick but I feel like getting creative.

napalm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77  Edited By napalm
    @lordofultima said:
    " @Napalm said:
    " @lordofultima said:
    I believe you're a bit of an exception because you already deal with crazy flash and animation programs and cool visuals and shit for your videos and stuff. "
    Yeah I guess I was being facetious with that remark, more of me just trying to promote the fact that I'm a badass. "
    Wait a second...

...I thought there were eight buttons on the FightStick?
    Heartbreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78  Edited By Heartbreak

I'm sure you can take out the other two, and just cover over them

napalm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79  Edited By napalm
    @Heartbreak: I'm sure you can, but that wasn't the question.
    lordofultima

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80  Edited By lordofultima
    @Napalm said:
    " @lordofultima said:
    " @Napalm said:
    " @lordofultima said:
    Yeah I guess I was being facetious with that remark, more of me just trying to promote the fact that I'm a badass. "
    Wait a second...  ...I thought there were eight buttons on the FightStick? "
    Yeah no kidding, precisely why I got plexi and artwork. So those two worthless holes wouldn't be cut out.
    napalm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81  Edited By napalm
    @lordofultima: What is your button mapping for only having six buttons then?
    lordofultima

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82  Edited By lordofultima
    @Napalm said:
    " @lordofultima: What is your button mapping for only having six buttons then? "
    X - LP      Y - MP      RB - HP 
    A - LK      B - MK      RT - HK 

It's default layout, street fighter is a six button game ya know.
    napalm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83  Edited By napalm
    @lordofultima: Oh shut up. I'm not an idiot. I only asked because I prefer to have at least 7 so I can have the Kx3 button mapped to use for my Ultra. I suppose you don't need one because Akuma;s Ultra is just a series of button presses and not a directional pad-driven move.
    lordofultima

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84  Edited By lordofultima
    @Napalm said:

" @lordofultima: Oh shut up. I'm not an idiot. I only asked because I prefer to have at least 7 so I can have the Kx3 button mapped to use for my Ultra. I suppose you don't need one because Akuma;s Ultra is just a series of button presses and not a directional pad-driven move. "

Having a 3 punch/kick button on an arcade stick is pretty redundant IMO. I'm perfectly content hitting three buttons to activate Ryu or Guile's Ultra. Akuma's Teleport requires 3 punch/kicks as well, Balrog's Tap requires you to hold 3P/3K, I don't even have an issue with that.
    SpecialBuddy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85  Edited By SpecialBuddy
    @Napalm said:
    " @lordofultima: Oh shut up. I'm not an idiot. I only asked because I prefer to have at least 7 so I can have the Kx3 button mapped to use for my Ultra. I suppose you don't need one because Akuma;s Ultra is just a series of button presses and not a directional pad-driven move. "
    Well seeing as you don't need a 7th button when using a stick being as you can push all three buttons at once. You being a fightpader you need that 7th button.
    napalm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86  Edited By napalm

Indeed. Regardless, I've always through there's at least little, but still too much room for margin of error with trying to hit all three buttons at the same time.

lordofultima

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87  Edited By lordofultima
    @SpecialBuddy said:

" @Napalm said:

Well seeing as you don't need a 7th button when using a stick being as you can push all three buttons at once. You being a fightpader you need that 7th button. "
    Yeah, if you're only using your thumb on an arcade stick like you are a pad, then I can imagine you needing a separate button mapped to 3P or 3K, but since you have literally your whole hand hovering over the buttons, it's not an issue. 

@Napalm: Do you feel that way about throws, focus, or ex moves then? There is no increased difficulty to hit 2 or 3 buttons an arcade stick simultaneously, and the the margin for error is pretty big since it's SF4 and all.
    napalm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88  Edited By napalm

As you can tell, I didn't grow up on joysticks, haha.

SpecialBuddy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89  Edited By SpecialBuddy
    @Napalm said:
    " As you can tell, I didn't grow up on joysticks, haha. "
    I didn't ether. I just bought a stick and got used to it. Now I wont play a fighting game without one.
    Jeffsekai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#90  Edited By Jeffsekai
    @SpecialBuddy said:
    " @Napalm said:
    I didn't ether. I just bought a stick and got used to it. Now I wont play a fighting game without one. "
    agreed
    AniMoney

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#91  Edited By AniMoney
    @Jeffsekai said:
    " @SpecialBuddy said:
    " @Napalm said:
    I didn't ether. I just bought a stick and got used to it. Now I wont play a fighting game without one. "
    agreed "
    Ditto for me. It really didn't even take that long to get used to.
    thedakini

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92  Edited By thedakini
    @lordofultima:
    Just watched your tutorial for the mod - NICE result man, looks slick as hell. That dark artwork looks great. I'm also gonna take your advice and get that spring and mod mine because although I love the stick as it is, I do find it a bit loose especialy for dashing. 
    I've only recently got a stick having never used one in my life before- took me about 3 months I'd say to get comfortable with it. NOw I will never use a pad again, the experience is so much better, the button layout makes sense and you can use more than your thumb for imputs!  
    With regards to the whole 6 button 8 button thing, I initially used the a 8 button with 2 end buttons for x3p x3k when I was breaking in, but now I only use the 6 button
    layout and hit all 3 for ultra. It's more satisfying anyway to slap em all! I just set the other 2 buttons to no function so I don't slip up. 

Im wanting to get a plexiglass cutout but its looking pretty expensive in the UK.  The plastic is cheap but the holes are gonna whack it up to about £60 (about $85) What did you guys pay?
    lordofultima

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93  Edited By lordofultima
    @thedakini said:
    " @lordofultima: Just watched your tutorial for the mod - NICE result man, looks slick as hell. That dark artwork looks great. I'm also gonna take your advice and get that spring and mod mine because although I love the stick as it is, I do find it a bit loose especialy for dashing. I've only recently got a stick having never used one in my life before- took me about 3 months I'd say to get comfortable with it. NOw I will never use a pad again, the experience is so much better, the button layout makes sense and you can use more than your thumb for imputs!  With regards to the whole 6 button 8 button thing, I initially used the a 8 button with 2 end buttons for x3p x3k when I was breaking in, but now I only use the 6 buttonlayout and hit all 3 for ultra. It's more satisfying anyway to slap em all! I just set the other 2 buttons to no function so I don't slip up.  Im wanting to get a plexiglass cutout but its looking pretty expensive in the UK.  The plastic is cheap but the holes are gonna whack it up to about £60 (about $85) What did you guys pay? "
    30 for plexi and art, 9 dollars shipping.
    thedakini

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94  Edited By thedakini
    @lordofultima:
    was it from a website? Maybe they'll do international. It'll still work out cheaper I think.
    lordofultima

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95  Edited By lordofultima
    @thedakini said:
    " @lordofultima: was it from a website? Maybe they'll do international. It'll still work out cheaper I think. "
    art's hobbies, I'm sure it'll be cheaper but it's still going to cost a lot more for overseas shipping.
    thedakini

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96  Edited By thedakini
    @lordofultima:
    Thanks for the link , I was looking for arts hobbies online and could only find a model plane specialist. Just checked the prices- it'll work out way cheaper if me and my buddy order one each. Thanks again, saved me alot of hastle, and it's a great website too, I think they're onto a very niche dedicated market here. Thanks.
    DANGERBOY3000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97  Edited By DANGERBOY3000

SFIV TE Fightstick - Gen
    SFIV TE Fightstick - Gen

SFIV TE Fightstick - Gen (black)
    SFIV TE Fightstick - Gen (black)

Can anyone make this one for the Hori Fight stick 3?

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.