GiantBomb SFIV match setup thread.

#1 Edited by Scooper (7881 posts) -

It seems everyday someone makes a thread saying "Hey, anyone wanna fight a few matches?" and a central hub thread is useful to keep the clutter down.

If you're looking to battle somebody from the GiantBomb community just post here with what platform you're playing on, your Gamertag/PSNID and if you want to which characters you'll likely be playing as. Then people can reply to you and setup a few games ;)
#2 Edited by Stang (4726 posts) -

Good idea. I will be on around 7 pst if anybody wants to play. I main Chun Li.

edit

My GT is Da Stang, and I live in California. I love long walks on the beach and a glass of wine on rainy nights.

There, sorry Scoop.

#3 Posted by Symphony (1912 posts) -
@Stang said:
" Good idea. I will be on around 7 pst if anybody wants to play. I main Chun Li. "
Since when did you start maining Chun?
#4 Edited by Stang (4726 posts) -
@Symphony: Shhh...your are going to foil my master plan! I will hover over Chun till the clock gets to 1, then pull a fast one and book it to Ken. They will never see it coming!!!
#5 Posted by animateria (3265 posts) -
@Stang said:
" @Symphony: Shhh...your are going to foil master plan! I will hover over Chun till the clock gets to 1, then pull a fast one and book it to Ken. They will never see it coming!!! "
I think your avatar kinda gives it away... :P
#6 Posted by Stang (4726 posts) -
@animateria: Damn! :p

Post edited Scooper, sowy :(
#7 Posted by Symphony (1912 posts) -
@Stang said:
" @Symphony: Shhh...your are going to foil my master plan! I will hover over Chun till the clock gets to 1, then pull a fast one and book it to Ken. They will never see it coming!!! "
Oh crap sorry. I mean I always knew you mained Chun! How silly of me! I must have been thinking of Sting... I hear he plays a nasty El Fuerte.
#8 Posted by TheGremp (2064 posts) -

I'm on like all the time, so just add me and send me a message if you see me on, I'm always up for a match. 

I play on PC, My GT is TheGremp, I'm in the US, and I play Ryu and Gouken mostly, with sprinkles of Chun mixed in to make a delicious array of flavors and color. 

...Wait, what?

#9 Posted by Thrawn1 (1340 posts) -

GT: thrawn 2112

I main a buttslam spamming honda.

#10 Posted by Symphony (1912 posts) -

I'm gonna go and try to setup some matches for a friend as he is ALWAYS playing SFIV, so someone should go challenge him. Right now. Go! Now!

wait.. you need his gamertag? Oh... uhh lemme go ask him.

..... okay got it. It's the same as his Giantbomb username: jlrm01 (on xbox 360, of course)

Go add him and challenge him! Before he catches wind of this! He can't hunt me down and kill me if he's too busy playing SF matches!

#11 Posted by Scooper (7881 posts) -
@Symphony: Symph, wanna go a few matches? I'm trying my hand at Sakura and need some practice.
#12 Posted by Stang (4726 posts) -
@Thrawn: I'll add you. Me and Honda don't get along too well.
#13 Posted by Symphony (1912 posts) -
@Scooper: Sure, I'm game, gimme like 5 minutes to login and such and hopefully my TV stops acting up.
#14 Posted by Napalm (9020 posts) -
@Thrawn said:
" I main a buttslam spamming honda. "
-_-
#15 Posted by Thrawn1 (1340 posts) -
@Stang said:
" @Thrawn: I'll add you. Me and Honda don't get along too well. "
If you play ken you'll probably beat me no matter how good you are. For whatever reason, I just can't read ken's movements. In championship mode the hardest part is the first match where I fight ken scrubs. I just can't do it.
#16 Posted by Scooper (7881 posts) -
@Napalm: Block high then punish with a s.MP - Sonic boom before he does another
#17 Edited by FluxWaveZ (19388 posts) -

I totally want to fight.  Like, right now.  Xbox Live GT = FluxWaveZ

I main Balrog, by the way.

#18 Posted by Thrawn1 (1340 posts) -
@Scooper said:
" @Napalm: Block high then punish with a s.MP - Sonic boom before he does another "
or focus and dash out of there
#19 Posted by Stang (4726 posts) -
@Thrawn: I am the scrubbiest Ken you will ever see. That is just how I roll.
#20 Posted by Napalm (9020 posts) -
@Scooper said:
" @Napalm: Block high then punish with a s.MP - Sonic boom before he does another "
Yeah, depending on where he is, typically I can jump/dash out of it no problem. I might try that instead.

You know what? This is an open invitation for offensive players to help me spar and help me block properly. Who's up for the challenge?

X360GT - FasterDisaster

I'll be on in a bit.
#21 Posted by Scooper (7881 posts) -
@Napalm: I'm trying to play Symphony at the moment but we're having connection issues so if it doesn't work out I'll practice some offence/defense with you if you like.
#22 Posted by Napalm (9020 posts) -
@Scooper said:
" @Napalm: I'm trying to play Symphony at the moment but we're having connection issues so if it doesn't work out I'll practice some offence/defense with you if you like. "
Okay. Just let me know when you're ready and I'll tell you if I'm good to go. Is you're GT AquaticPair?
#23 Posted by Scooper (7881 posts) -
@Napalm said:
" @Scooper said:
" @Napalm: I'm trying to play Symphony at the moment but we're having connection issues so if it doesn't work out I'll practice some offence/defense with you if you like. "
Okay. Just let me know when you're ready and I'll tell you if I'm good to go. Is you're GT AquaticPair? "
No, it's AquaticPear
#24 Posted by Napalm (9020 posts) -
@Scooper said:
" @Napalm said:
" @Scooper said:
Okay. Just let me know when you're ready and I'll tell you if I'm good to go. Is you're GT AquaticPair? "
No, it's AquaticPear "
Ok, I'm sure you're added to my list, but I was curious as to what you're general name was, haha.

Do you have a mic to talk?
#25 Posted by PureRok (4236 posts) -

I'll play anyone. I main Cammy with a side-helping of Fei Long.

X360GT: PureRok

#26 Posted by Scooper (7881 posts) -
@Napalm said:
" @Scooper said:
" @Napalm said:
" @Scooper said:
No, it's AquaticPear "
Ok, I'm sure you're added to my list, but I was curious as to what you're general name was, haha.  Do you have a mic to talk? "
I do but it's quite late here so I won't talk right now. I can talk another time, though.
#27 Posted by Symphony (1912 posts) -
@FluxWaveZ said:
" I totally want to fight.  Like, right now.  Xbox Live GT = FluxWaveZ  I main Balrog, by the way. "
Scoop and I had some lag issues sadly :( Wanna play some matches?
#28 Posted by Stang (4726 posts) -
@Scooper: It's a trap Scoop, he is going to try to seduce you. Heed my warning!
#29 Posted by FluxWaveZ (19388 posts) -
@Symphony said:
" @FluxWaveZ said:
" I totally want to fight.  Like, right now.  Xbox Live GT = FluxWaveZ  I main Balrog, by the way. "
Scoop and I had some lag issues sadly :( Wanna play some matches? "
Damn... sorry, I can't any longer. 
#30 Edited by hungrynun (444 posts) -

I just got my connection fixed. My Rose and I are ready for all comers. 

360. AlwaysTender.

#31 Posted by Scooper (7881 posts) -
@Stang said:
" @Scooper: It's a trap Scoop, he is going to try to seduce you. Heed my warning! "
It's ok I'm wearing a wire. The PO LICE will bust through his windows if he tries to sexy time.
#32 Posted by Stang (4726 posts) -
@hungrynun: So we can get some non lag matches in this time? I'll be on in a bit.
#33 Posted by Symphony (1912 posts) -
@FluxWaveZ: Shucks oh well.

@hungrynun said:
" I just got my connection fixed. My Rose and I are ready for all comers.   360. AlwaysTender. "

Up for some matches? I'll addja right now (gamertag: Wintersigh)
#34 Posted by Scooper (7881 posts) -

A rose playing SFIV!? I gotta get in on this!

#35 Posted by Nightroad91 (35 posts) -

hi guys

PSN ID: Nightroad91 

i will play with ryu amost every match xD i know im such a cliche but i dont get the hang on any other character

im from mexico :P

#36 Posted by hungrynun (444 posts) -
@Symphony: @Stang: I'm actually at work right now guys.

Sorry 3:
#37 Posted by Symphony (1912 posts) -

Geeze, all these people responding saying they're ready when they aren't. Such liars, you are!

Well, if anyone wants some matches, I'm available (located in Canada, xbox 360 gamertag: Wintersigh)

#38 Posted by FluxWaveZ (19388 posts) -
@Symphony: I was ready as ever!  That is until my sister took control of the TV...  

I guess I should also mention that I'm located in Canada, if anyone wants to take that into consideration or anything.
#39 Posted by TheGremp (2064 posts) -

No PC love? D:

#40 Posted by SpecialBuddy (1112 posts) -

Tag: CannedHedgehogs

Pretty much the same as what everyone else is saying.

#41 Posted by OwnlyUzinWonHan (1485 posts) -

How about we do that thing that people did for ODST Gamertags so we can see who's online all at once?

#42 Posted by Scooper (7881 posts) -
@OwnlyUzinWonHan said:
" How about we do that thing that people did for ODST Gamertags so we can see who's online all at once? "
Please explain. I haven't read anything about ODST on GB forums.
#43 Posted by hungrynun (444 posts) -
@Symphony said:
" Geeze, all these people responding saying they're ready when they aren't. Such liars, you are! "

I saw your FR a while ago today but it suddenly disappeared. I sent you one back. 

Love to play more people than just Stang's Ken. Hit me up anytime!
#44 Posted by Thrawn1 (1340 posts) -
@Scooper said:
" @OwnlyUzinWonHan said:
" How about we do that thing that people did for ODST Gamertags so we can see who's online all at once? "
Please explain. I haven't read anything about ODST on GB forums. "
Somebody created a dummy xbl account and everyone in the thread became friends with it. When they want to play with somebody, they just find the dummy account on their friends list, and look at that account's list of friends. Because the friends list shows who is online, they can then schedule matches without having to accept friend requests from everybody.
#45 Posted by JJOR64 (19065 posts) -
@Scooper: You should make a table of Gamertags/PSN IDs/GFW Tags in your first post to make this easier for everyone.
#46 Posted by Thrawn1 (1340 posts) -

I made a XBL account and sent friend requests to all the xbl people that posted in this thread. If I missed you, just send a request to GB SFIV DIRECT 

If you are too lazy to do that, then just post again and I'll send another one.

#47 Posted by Stang (4726 posts) -
@hungrynun said:
" @Symphony said:
" Geeze, all these people responding saying they're ready when they aren't. Such liars, you are! "
I saw your FR a while ago today but it suddenly disappeared. I sent you one back.   Love to play more people than just Stang's Ken. Hit me up anytime! "
I see how it is :(
#48 Posted by turbomonkey138 (4956 posts) -

This is a good idea . 

If anyone wants to fight a scrub message turbomonkey138

#49 Posted by AniMoney (957 posts) -

I'll send one of you guys an invite next time you're on. 

GT: AniMoney 

Also the dummy account is a good idea.

#50 Posted by Scooper (7881 posts) -

Added the dummy account to the original post if people want to go that route instead/as well. Thanks Thrawn for that.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.