Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Street Fighter IV

Game » consists of 9 releases. Released Jul 18, 2008

After nearly a decade in hiatus, Capcom's signature mainline fighting game series resurfaces with its fourth main installment, combining the traditional 2D gameplay with modern fully-3D graphics.

Got my Tournament Edition FightStick!

Aljosa15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

Edited By Aljosa15

I...got my TE stick today! And I am pretty confused and it feels awkward as hell...

I main Viper and would like to think I was a pretty good player on the 360 pad, that was back in May and I haven't played since then due to a fire. Well I picked up a TE Stick and played on my laptop for a while and realize I am so lost. Here's the deal: I suck with Viper right now. I can't do her HJC > BK because it always comes out as a Kick and it's extremely annoying. I also suck at doing almost anything when I am facing the right side of the screen. I completed all her normal trials out of sheer luck. Anyone have some tips for a first time stick player? Thanks alot. :D

Aljosa15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By Aljosa15

I...got my TE stick today! And I am pretty confused and it feels awkward as hell...

I main Viper and would like to think I was a pretty good player on the 360 pad, that was back in May and I haven't played since then due to a fire. Well I picked up a TE Stick and played on my laptop for a while and realize I am so lost. Here's the deal: I suck with Viper right now. I can't do her HJC > BK because it always comes out as a Kick and it's extremely annoying. I also suck at doing almost anything when I am facing the right side of the screen. I completed all her normal trials out of sheer luck. Anyone have some tips for a first time stick player? Thanks alot. :D

Gambit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By Gambit

practice practice practice and good luck with her hard trials im stuck on the 3rd one its pissing me off pretty bad.

CABBAGES

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By CABBAGES

I just got a te fight stick the other day as i just bought a load of fighting games recently (Kof xii,kof98um,mvc2.garou,samsho2) Also have most other fighters on the 360. 
    I find the stick a bit awkward to use but think i will get better but i also got a fight pad too and find myself using that alot more.  
    So right now i would say the fight pad is better followed by the te stick and then 360 pad is pants. 
    So my point is try a fight pad you might like it.
    Plasma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#4  Edited By Plasma

Yeah same, I know the stick is probebly better, but I just find it much easier with the fightpad... 

Sooty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#5  Edited By Sooty

It's like that for everybody, I hated the arcade stick at first but now that I'm used to it a pad is just so inferior.

Stang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#6  Edited By Stang
    @Aljosa15 said:
    "  I...got my TE stick today! And I am pretty confused and it feels awkward as hell...I main Viper and would like to think I was a pretty good player on the 360 pad, that was back in May and I haven't played since then due to a fire. Well I picked up a TE Stick and played on my laptop for a while and realize I am so lost. Here's the deal: I suck with Viper right now. I can't do her HJC > BK because it always comes out as a Kick and it's extremely annoying. I also suck at doing almost anything when I am facing the right side of the screen. I completed all her normal trials out of sheer luck. Anyone have some tips for a first time stick player? Thanks alot. :D "
    Welcome to the I suck ass when facing right club! I have had my stick for about 5 days, and I am extremely inconsistent when facing right, most notably when doing hadouken style ultra's. When facing left, I am getting pretty solid. You can do what I do, spend more time in training mode then actually fighting people, at least until you feel more comfortable. If you ever want to fight a stick nub, let me know!
    lemon__fresh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#7  Edited By lemon__fresh

works great out of the box when using charge characters :)

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.