Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Street Fighter IV

Game » consists of 9 releases. Released Jul 18, 2008

After nearly a decade in hiatus, Capcom's signature mainline fighting game series resurfaces with its fourth main installment, combining the traditional 2D gameplay with modern fully-3D graphics.

Gouken

SSbabel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 8

#1  Edited By SSbabel

finally unlocked the bastard.

mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 6

#2  Edited By mike

Good...now start using him.  He's my favorite.

EvilTwin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By EvilTwin

Yeah, I suck at the game, but he was probably my favorite character to play.

suneku

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By suneku

Gouken's cool, I like how his style isn't exactly the same as Akuma or Ken and Ryu.

Jolly_Lolly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Jolly_Lolly
    SSbabel said:
    "finally unlocked the bastard."
    Straight and to the point, this post is.

+1 ;)
    n8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By n8

Man... as much as I love Gouken (and he is still my favorite of the new characters), his shoryuken and tatsumaki moves = NOT SAFE..   drives me nuts.

I have made legitimate attempts to be good with him against people but Ken's shoryuken trumps Gouken's shoryuken move every single time.  And don't ever use down back kick (tatsumaki)... just don't ever try to use it in a match.  You are left hanging in the air with your nutsack wide open for abuse.

his back throw into ultra is the shit tho..  very easy way to ensure you get the full ultra as opposed to having to use shoryuken to FADC to ultra with Ryu/Sagat..  anyhoo enjoy!

Hulk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#8  Edited By Hulk

Hulk is really liking Gouken a lot, just a really fun character to play with some nice new little variations on the shoto tactics.

n8 said:

"Man... as much as I love Gouken (and he is still my favorite of the new characters), his shoryuken and tatsumaki moves = NOT SAFE..   drives me nuts.I have made legitimate attempts to be good with him against people but Ken's shoryuken trumps Gouken's shoryuken move every single time.  And don't ever use down back kick (tatsumaki)... just don't ever try to use it in a match.  You are left hanging in the air with your nutsack wide open for abuse.his back throw into ultra is the shit tho..  very easy way to ensure you get the full ultra as opposed to having to use shoryuken to FADC to ultra with Ryu/Sagat..  anyhoo enjoy!"
    Sounds to Hulk like you're just using his moves wrong.

His dragon punch move is awesome.  It's for bypassing fireballs, it's not meant to be going head to head with a Ken dragon punch.  His hurricane kick move is not meant to just be thrown out there randomly, it's his anti air move.  So of course if you're just tossing it out as an offensive move as opposed to using it as a counter attack you're going to get punished.  Same thing happens if you just spam the dragon punch with Ken or Ryu.
    FLStyle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 17

#9  Edited By FLStyle
    n8 said:
    "And don't ever use down back kick (tatsumaki)... just don't ever try to use it in a match. ----  his back throw into ultra is the shit tho..  "
    Back throw into tatsumaki?
    alexl86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 8

#10  Edited By alexl86

I kinda like the old geezer, but I still prefer the straightforward power of Akuma, or Sagat. Definitely my favorite of the new characters.

End_Boss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#11  Edited By End_Boss

Man, so few people have unlocked this dude online that whenever I play against him he thrashes my Akuma. Which makes me think maybe I should unlock him.

roofy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#12  Edited By roofy

man hes a bastard to learn.

hes so different from the other shoto characters

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.