How good is the Hori fighting stick 3?

#1 Posted by Somadude (549 posts) -

Hi, I'm a casual player of street fighter and saw this stick on amazon for 35$ and was wondering how it felt/ played.
#2 Edited by myketuna (1679 posts) -

If you're a casual fighting game player, then that stick should be great for you. If you ever do get the inclination to go bigger, you can also mod that stick down the line.

I guess I should point out this is what I think. You should wait to see from some other members here.

#3 Posted by Driadon (2997 posts) -

I have one and it feels great. For casual play it's excellent.

#4 Posted by Plasma (931 posts) -

I dunno, if your a casual player, you can advance to an excellent player with a Fightpad without the need to master the arcade stick.

#5 Posted by FluxWaveZ (19329 posts) -

Some people prefer the pad, most prefer the stick.  If you're a casual player, that should do you fine.  But be aware that modding that stick is not as simple as the Madcatz SE and TE sticks; soldering is involved.

#6 Posted by MrKlorox (11209 posts) -
@FluxWaveZ: There's more to modding a stick than just switching buttons. Some folks are fine with buttons and just want a different gate. In which case zero soldering necessary whatsoever.
#7 Posted by Mmmslash (2168 posts) -
@MrKlorox:  Most people I know just swap the stick itself.
#8 Posted by FluxWaveZ (19329 posts) -
@MrKlorox: Except for that, I suppose.  Honestly, I thought every Hori stick mod required soldering, but I guess that's not the case.
#9 Posted by Raven_Sword (3444 posts) -

I have it, and I like it alot. Suits me perfectly since im not all Hardcore.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.