How not to play Guile ..

• 70 results
#1 Edited by turbomonkey138 (4950 posts) -

Well i saw that a couple of users were making videos on how awesome they were at street fighter 4 ....so i decided to show you how the bad street fighter players of the Giantbomb community play ....well enjoy 

It took so many tries just to do this simple combo that its depressing ..

#2 Posted by GetEveryone (4455 posts) -

Proper Ringo Starr accent you've got going on there. Can you charge while focusing? In the five minutes that I toyed with the idea of using Guile I tried doing this and couldn't for the life of me understand how to.

#3 Posted by turbomonkey138 (4950 posts) -
@GetEveryone said:
" Proper Ringo Starr accent you've got going on there. Can you charge while focusing? In the five minutes that I toyed with the idea of using Guile I tried doing this and couldn't for the life of me understand how to. "
Yea you charge while focusing .
#4 Posted by turbomonkey138 (4950 posts) -

its the timing i couldn't get down ...

#5 Posted by Jeffsekai (7027 posts) -

You hold the stick weird

#6 Posted by turbomonkey138 (4950 posts) -
@Jeffsekai said:
" You hold the stick weird "
Really ? I dunno I've always held arcade sticks this way . How do you hold it ?
#7 Posted by VanderSEXXX (552 posts) -

its not so bad! besides im sure many other players go through that trial and error practice till they finally master it. They just don't record it like you do I guess.:D

#8 Posted by MattyFTM (14365 posts) -

I'm even worse than that at SFIV

#9 Posted by turbomonkey138 (4950 posts) -
@VanderSEXXX said:
" its not so bad! besides im sure many other players go through that trial and error practice till they finally master it. They just don't record it like you do I guess.:D "
that makes me feel better
#10 Posted by Kumo (124 posts) -
@VanderSEXXX said:

"its not so bad! besides im sure many other players go through that trial and error practice till they finally master it. They just don't record it like you do I guess.:D "

Yeah.. I'm glad I didn't record myself learning how to do Akuma's jump-in combo that ends with FADC Shaku. That would be embarrassing.
#11 Edited by lordofultima (6231 posts) -

You hold the joystick like you're shifting gears on a manual transmission, not that there's anything wrong with that just a bit amusing to watch. You have good camera presence as well, you should do more video blog style stuff. Here's how I personally use the arcade stick:  

#12 Posted by dbz1995 (4790 posts) -

Your accent is mad British. I love it.

#13 Posted by CptPanda29 (189 posts) -

You're gonna go nuts if you get that one out on me in a proper fight... Just a matter of tiiime...

#14 Posted by Driadon (2997 posts) -

Oh man, the look on your face after bringing up focus canceling was priceless. We totally need to play, from the looks of it we're on the same level.

#15 Posted by defaulttag (890 posts) -

nice work. SF4 requires lots of practice/multiplayer sessions. Have you tried regular flash kick (cancel)-->super combo? or sonic boom (cancel) ->super-> ultra? with practice, those actually work lol. sounds impossible, you just need to be super fast with the stick or dpad.

#16 Posted by DirrtyNinja (715 posts) -
Reminds me of the dark days - trying to do all the hard trials.
#17 Posted by turbomonkey138 (4950 posts) -
@defaulttag said:
" nice work. SF4 requires lots of practice/multiplayer sessions. Have you tried regular flash kick (cancel)-->super combo? or sonic boom (cancel) ->super-> ultra? with practice, those actually work lol. sounds impossible, you just need to be super fast with the stick or dpad. "
that does sound impossible lol
#18 Edited by Plasma (931 posts) -

If you hold the stick like a wine glass, moving the stick to the edges of the gate requires much less effort. At the moment your putting your whole arm into moving the stick, and whip lashing it after you do a move. When you get your execution down, everything becomes much easier.

#19 Posted by turbomonkey138 (4950 posts) -
@Plasma said:
" If you hold the stick like a wine glass, moving the stick to the edges of the gate requires much less effort. At the moment your putting your whole arm into moving the stick, and whip lashing it after you do a move. When you get your execution down, everything becomes much easier. "
Yea I'm still getting used to the feel of the stick .
#20 Posted by Jeffsekai (7027 posts) -
@turbomonkey138: Hey btw I sent you a FR on xbl but idk if you deleted it or what but yea add me

GT halogu117
#21 Posted by turbomonkey138 (4950 posts) -
@Jeffsekai said:
" @turbomonkey138: Hey btw I sent you a FR on xbl but idk if you deleted it or what but yea add me  GT halogu117 "
I need to make some room . iIl do it now
#22 Posted by Stang (4726 posts) -

You are my SFIV hero sir! Perhaps try putting the stick in your lap or on a chair so you have better leverage. It may be just me, but it does not look like you are giving yourself all that good of angle with your current setup.

#23 Posted by turbomonkey138 (4950 posts) -
@Stang said:
" You are my SFIV hero sir! Perhaps try putting the stick in your lap or on a chair so you have better leverage. It may be just me, but it does not look like you are giving yourself all that good of angle with your current setup. "
It moves around too much for my liking
#24 Posted by Mrbiscuit101 (104 posts) -

You should play me if you want to feel better about yourself. I also use Guile.

#25 Posted by turbomonkey138 (4950 posts) -
@Jeffsekai said:
" @turbomonkey138: Hey btw I sent you a FR on xbl but idk if you deleted it or what but yea add me  GT halogu117 "
Okay i added you :3
#26 Posted by turbomonkey138 (4950 posts) -
@dbz1995 said:
" Your accent is mad British. I love it. "
technically its  Mad English ...:3
#27 Edited by Driadon (2997 posts) -
@turbomonkey138: I've added you as well. Time to see if you can pull off that Guile combo on my Blanka :P (Is it me, or did that sound dirtier then it was supposed to be?)
#28 Posted by Plasma (931 posts) -
@turbomonkey138 said:
" @dbz1995 said:
technically its  Mad English ...:3 "
Americans aint gonna know the difference between British and English =P
#29 Posted by dbz1995 (4790 posts) -
@Plasma said:
" @turbomonkey138 said:
" @dbz1995 said:
technically its  Mad English ...:3 "
Americans aint gonna know the difference between British and English =P "
But I'm British. THE TIDES HAVE TURNED
#30 Posted by Stang (4726 posts) -

I wish I had a British accent. You just sound smarter then me :\

Im going to make a Guile video as a form of payback. Take that.

#31 Posted by turbomonkey138 (4950 posts) -
@Stang said:
" I wish I had a British accent. You just sound smarter then me :\  Im going to make a Guile video as a form of payback. Take that. "
By all means lol . I mentioned you in my video btw its why i decoded to make one :3
#32 Posted by UnsolvedParadox (1863 posts) -

I have nothing to add, except that the abundance of sprite based avatars by posters in this thread is awesome.

#33 Posted by Jeffsekai (7027 posts) -
@UnsolvedParadox said:
" I have nothing to add, except that the abundance of sprite based avatars by posters in this thread is awesome. "
its a life style choice
#34 Posted by DirrtyNinja (715 posts) -
He does not have a BRITISH accent !!!
#35 Posted by Stang (4726 posts) -
@turbomonkey138: Just playing, your Guile is 10x better then mine. The concept of charge characters escapes me. And you mean that 2 minute video I made yesterday? Maybe later I will make a video showing all the bullshit Ken can do, but never would do in a match. As of now, Ultima is the king of combo videos, I will do my best though :p

@Jeffsekai said:
" @UnsolvedParadox said:
" I have nothing to add, except that the abundance of sprite based avatars by posters in this thread is awesome. "
its a life style choice "

Haha
#36 Posted by Symphony (1912 posts) -

Well done video! Looking forward to seeing more in the future :D

#37 Posted by Daryl (1781 posts) -

Non issue.

#38 Posted by Scooper (7882 posts) -
@defaulttag said:
"or sonic boom (cancel) ->super-> ultra? with practice, those actually work lol. sounds impossible"
That is impossible. You can't land an ultra after a flashkick/sonic boom canceled to super. You can combo an super into an ultra if the super was done on it's own or canceled from a normal move.

Anyways, good video. We can play some if you like. I can help teach you a few things. Just put the time limit on infinite and mess about.
#39 Posted by defaulttag (890 posts) -
@Scooper: 
 sonic boom (cancel)->super->ultra . It lands.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/uSreSpqZwJQ&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/uSreSpqZwJQ&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>
#40 Posted by fwylo (3556 posts) -

@defaulttag:

#41 Posted by Scooper (7882 posts) -
@defaulttag: Wow. I honestly did not think that was possible. That combo isn't that hard but everytime I've tried the Ultra it's never worked. Maybe I was using the wrong kick button for the super. I apologise for that.
#42 Posted by defaulttag (890 posts) -
@fwylo:  LOL I posted that same video wrong. I don't know how to use giantbomb XD.

Anyways this is how you do it.

charge DB, DF+P (sonic boom happens), DB, UF+K (while super happens, charge DB), DF, DB, UF+KKK at guile's landing.
#43 Posted by defaulttag (890 posts) -
@Scooper: No worries man. Good to see a fellow guile mains here. Pretty badass though, ey? Oh it's LK for the super I believe.
#44 Posted by fwylo (3556 posts) -
@defaulttag: I know, I took your code and embedded it.  (It's under the insert tab, Insert --> Video)
#45 Posted by AniMoney (957 posts) -

Fuck guile. One of balrog's most annoying matches for me. I hope they give him some more offense in super.

#46 Posted by defaulttag (890 posts) -
@fwylo: Oh thanks! I'll keep that in mind from now on lol.
#47 Posted by Bobby_The_Great (1004 posts) -

Good Guile's are so fucking hard to go up against, I'm a Blanka man, and I have to get in close on a Guile and that's disasterous most of the time.
#48 Edited by defaulttag (890 posts) -
@Bobby_The_Great:  Blanka can be sick too. I love that controllable EX rainbow roll. People suck at blocking it.
#49 Posted by AniMoney (957 posts) -
@defaulttag said:
" @Bobby_The_Great:  Blanka can be sick too. I love that controllable EX rainbow roll. People suck at blocking it. "
Focus absorbing that seems to be a good tactic to avoid the ambiguous crossup.
#50 Posted by Driadon (2997 posts) -
@Bobby_The_Great said:
" Good Guile's are so fucking hard to go up against, I'm a Blanka man, and I have to get in close on a Guile and that's disasterous most of the time. "
Gotta use that Beast Slide if Guile is getting low. (though be careful, if he blocks it and you're win way to close, he'll get you good on the recovery)  
But, yeah, eff Guile.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.