Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Street Fighter IV

Game » consists of 9 releases. Released Jul 18, 2008

After nearly a decade in hiatus, Capcom's signature mainline fighting game series resurfaces with its fourth main installment, combining the traditional 2D gameplay with modern fully-3D graphics.

How to beat Seth???

WillM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By WillM

Ok had the game for 24 hours now and I can't beat Seth. I can tear him up in the first round but then he goes skitzo and just jumps around the screen like a lunatic and destroys me. I'm using Ryu. Can't even touch him. I know I coule turn it down to one round but i want to give him a proper beating. heeeelllllppppppp.

in...dis....tructable.........nothings gonna stop me now

c1337us

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By c1337us

This topic already exist several times over so if you have a look there will probably be a lot of infomation already there for you to utilise on specific tactics. Patience is the key grasshopper.

fr0br0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#3  Edited By fr0br0

Be just as cheap as he is.

bjorno

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#4  Edited By bjorno

kick him and then block

10MP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By 10MP

i just jump heavy kick then crouch heavy kick whenever he does a move.

Coltonio7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#6  Edited By Coltonio7

up, down, up, down, half circle, hard kick, taunt, taunt, start, repeat.

StaticFalconar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By StaticFalconar

I believe its:

up, up, down, down left, right, left, right, B, A

NateDogg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#8  Edited By NateDogg

i thought it was up down left right Y B

jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 9

#9  Edited By jakob187

Um...kick his ass, seabass?

Scooper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Scooper

Fall back on the ol' reliable jump hardkick lowpunch hyduken

LawlzMcFadden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By LawlzMcFadden

ok you want to know how to beat him. make sure its on very easy. spam jump kick then sweep with the right trigger only. move away as he gets up then repeat. just use the right trigger to sweep and jump attack. sometimes he will win with this tactic but its the best tactic. Truth.

OmegaPirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#12  Edited By OmegaPirate

Up down Left right A+Start

TEAMHOLT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#13  Edited By TEAMHOLT

If you just want to get your characters, set Arcade mode to one round and the difficulty to Easiest.

Now here is how you win every single god damn fight: Jump in + hk, then crouch + hk to do your leg sweep. Then as soon as you see the opposing character's feet hit the ground when trying to get back up, sweep again. Keep on sweeping. Sweep some more.

Congratulations, you've beaten Street Fighter IV.

I_smell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 11

#14  Edited By I_smell

Throw him again and again and again. He falls for it like every time. I once threw him so many times I got a Perfect.

Snake_Eyes_Ex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#15  Edited By Snake_Eyes_Ex

I found it worked well to EX dash his Sonic Booms and then go in for crouching MK. If you keep your distance that way you can get a few easy hits in, if he hits you back you should be about ready to use your revenge gauge and unleash an ultra when he's vulnerable.

WillM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By WillM

Gave up and just started playing on-line. I'll give him another shot when I want to unlock some players. Man this game is fun. I've got a blister on my left thumb :-D. Haven't had a gaming blister in years. I remember getting really bad ones from some Olympics PSone game that you had to hit the buttons really rapidly to lift the weights and what not. LOL a grown man with a gaming blister, Mother would be proud.

shulinchung

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By shulinchung

Use Zangief. Just jump near Seth and use PPP(double lariat) to knock him down, then spam PPP/KKK every time he tries to stand up.
    Yes, it's that simple. Try it now! It even works on the hardest difficulty, and on all charaters, not just Seth.

DJ_Lae

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 10

#18  Edited By DJ_Lae

As others have mentioned, kicking the fucker in the shins works wonders.

Yeah, it's cheap, but he's just as cheap so don't feel too guilty. Just kick him in the feet.

Espi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Espi
    WillM said:
    "Ok had the game for 24 hours now and I can't beat Seth. I can tear him up in the first round but then he goes skitzo and just jumps around the screen like a lunatic and destroys me. I'm using Ryu. Can't even touch him. I know I coule turn it down to one round but i want to give him a proper beating. heeeelllllppppppp. in...dis....tructable.........nothings gonna stop me now"
    The number one problem is that you are using Ryu. Unless you have mastered Ryu/Ken/Akuma Seth will be difficult because his fighting style best counters theirs. Most people have not mastered those characters so I doubt you have, which means you need to. Either that or you can cheese your way to victory.

I found Seth to be easy with Balrog. Balrog is my second best character behind Ryu, destroyed Seth on my first try and would've gotten my "Save Your Quarters" achievement but I lost to Zangief or Abel, I forgot which one but I know it was one of those throwers.
    gunslinger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By gunslinger

I know people are giving the answer that will get you the victory quickest, but I'm sure you want the challenge.

Basically, you just need to have reactions fast enough to know when hes about to teleport behind you, and block before he can get a shot in.

I used Blanka, so what I did was I used my long-range kick attack (I really should get round to memorising the move names...) when his block was down and whatnot.
    EX moves are invaluable.

Undeadpool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

User Lists: 18

#21  Edited By Undeadpool

It's weird, the ONLY person I've had an easy time beating Seth with is Ryu. I used the EX Tornado Kick a great deal and nailed him with my ultra, so a lot of it was luck *shrugs*
    Welcome to Capcomland! Our bosses will make your eyes leak pain.

Edit: I actually just had a pretty even time with Sagat, so give him a whirl. Tiger Knee to close gaps and keep him at range with kicks so he doesn't spinning piledrive you (he still will, just not as much.) Capcom bosses are all about coming up with tactics that work ONLY against the boss, but wouldn't against an actual player.
    Welcome back to Capcomland! Are your eyes emptied of their pain resevoirs yet? Have another boss then.

supersatanic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By supersatanic

Here's waht you do , it'll take out 80% of his health guran-dan-teed.
    As soon as the match starts jump and hit him with HK and then crouch +HK so he falls down. Then charge up your focus attack to the full and it'll hit him almost certainly. While he's down sharge up focus again and as soon as he gets up he'll eat a mouthful of focus again!! Rinse and repeat. It should take out about 70-80% health in the first 40 seconds.

The trick is to make seth fall down, as soon as he does charge focus to the Full and I guarantee you 100% it'll hit him the first 4-5 times.

HiroSeven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By HiroSeven

Seth has a few tricks up his sleeve that can be easily avoided. The first round with seth is pretty much easy in most modes up until Medium-Hard, after that both rounds tend to get difficult.

This is assuming your playing on medium:

The first round is easy, just do whatever you can to beat him down. He almost will never use his Ultra Combo on you and you should beat the round very quickly using combos along side special moves. I'm not 100% sure, but its almost as if he is analyzing your moves in the first round and will fight accordingly thereafter, again I havent tested this.

The second round is where things get a bit messed up. Seth is faster, a bit more powerful and will use special moves very often. One thing you can do at the very start of the round is notice what attack he uses. Usually its his downward F Punch which you can counter by jumping at him and trying to unleash a decent combo (4 attacks). One move I've found Seth is susceptible to, especially if your playing as Ryu, Ken etc. is the Crouch M Kick, immedeately followed by a Hadoken and then Forward M Punch. These moves activate quick enough to deteroiorate any chance of Seth blocking them, although the downside is that you'll often be left open, so try and get out of there quickly.

The next thing you'd need to avoid is his Ultra Combo which can be avoided, although it takes a small dose of luck to do so. When you see that his Ultra Combo gauge is full try and always jump towards him as theres always the chance that he will use the attack and you'll just barely pass over it (over his head), whereby you can easily get in a few attacks while his back is turned.

One of the more 'free hit' moves that Seth has that you should always try and capitalize on is one in which he draws you closer. If you can manage to be in a crouching position when this happens you can unleash that Crouch M Kick > Hadoken > Forward M Punch if your feel you have enough time, since the Crouch M Kick will hit him just before you reach him fully. If not, just try a Crouch F Kick or you could even vary it more by doing say a L Tatsu Maki Senpu followed by an F Shoryuken. Even more, you could try and counter with a Force attack when Seth starts to draw you in.  

I found Seth to be extremely easy with Ryu/ Ken/ Akuma, heck even with Dan in some instances. As long as you know the tricks that make up his cheapness, you can easily take him down.

I hope that little strategy helped you out, Good luck!

-hiro

s3ank1m

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By s3ank1m
    StaticFalconar said:
    "I believe its:up, up, down, down left, right, left, right, B, A"
    you forgot to press start
    hoody

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By hoody
    supersatanic said:
    "Here's waht you do , it'll take out 80% of his health guran-dan-teed. As soon as the match starts jump and hit him with HK and then crouch +HK so he falls down. Then charge up your focus attack to the full and it'll hit him almost certainly. While he's down sharge up focus again and as soon as he gets up he'll eat a mouthful of focus again!! Rinse and repeat. It should take out about 70-80% health in the first 40 seconds.The trick is to make seth fall down, as soon as he does charge focus to the Full and I guarantee you 100% it'll hit him the first 4-5 times."
    Ah, that's cool shit. I already find Seth to be a stupid, pushover of a boss (he's got nothing on Akuma), and this just reinforces my point. I'm going to make a vid of me beating his ass EASILY on the hardest setting just to show people that it's not that hard. I'll see if this trick works and include it as well if it does.
    supersatanic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By supersatanic

If you're having trouble nailing two consecutive focus attacks after he falls down in between,use this:

As soon as the match starts, block ,block,block. after he finishes attacking,press crouch+HK. No need to go airborne.  The focus has to be nailed whenever he's down. (Though most work, I find ken's to be more effective). If you don't wanna take any risks ,after the focus just dash and shoryuken him.
    After that, go to a corner and block everthing he does. The moment he teleports, jump forward and he wont be able to hit you.
    Remember when seth all of a sudden gets more aggresive?? Although it isnt too hard but keep jumping like crazy. Seth almost can never figure you out then.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.