Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Street Fighter IV

Game » consists of 9 releases. Released Jul 18, 2008

After nearly a decade in hiatus, Capcom's signature mainline fighting game series resurfaces with its fourth main installment, combining the traditional 2D gameplay with modern fully-3D graphics.

I beat Seth...but I feel dirty

asurastrike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 8

#1  Edited By asurastrike

I just got the game last night, and so far I'm loving it. I had a hard time beating Seth for a while, and I finally just beat him...but I feel dirty. I basically was forced to button mashing sweeps and high kicks and hoping that I got my Ultra before he killed me. Is it possible to beat Seth without completely cheaping him out?

CL60

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#2  Edited By CL60

Seth is a cheap bastard, do anything to win.

Heartagram

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 13

#3  Edited By Heartagram

There really is no reason to play with combos and such against the CPU. Do whatever it takes to win

Avatar image for ownlyuzinwonhan
    OwnlyUzinWonHan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 6

#4  Edited By OwnlyUzinWonHan

I found that you should just crouch and block until he goes for his crazy 20-hit kick, and after you block sweep.  Back up to a point, and he'll eventually go for it again, rinse and repeat.

JoelTGM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

#5  Edited By JoelTGM

Seth is cheap so to win against him you have to be cheaper. 

jonnyboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 2

#6  Edited By jonnyboy

I really liked this game, especially the graphics which justify me buying an HD TV, but Seth was the reason I traded it in. You can't play the half the characters online until you have unlocked them in single player. And you can defend the game all you want but the single player AI is just broken. I once played 36 straight games with the rounds set to one on the easiest difficulty without a win because of that cheap bastard. Statistically I should have accidently won a game in that time. Sorry but the Japanese still haven't grasped the fact that we haven't had arcades in the rest of the world since the 90's, games like SF4 have AI like that so you keep pumping it full of coins, but the simple fact is that this is for a home console, they got my money when I fucking bought it, there's no need to punish me further.

CL60

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By CL60
    @jonnyboy said:
    " I really liked this game, especially the graphics which justify me buying an HD TV, but Seth was the reason I traded it in. You can't play the half the characters online until you have unlocked them in single player. And you can defend the game all you want but the single player AI is just broken. I once played 36 straight games with the rounds set to one on the easiest difficulty without a win because of that cheap bastard. Statistically I should have accidently won a game in that time. Sorry but the Japanese still haven't grasped the fact that we haven't had arcades in the rest of the world since the 90's, games like SF4 have AI like that so you keep pumping it full of coins, but the simple fact is that this is for a home console, they got my money when I fucking bought it, there's no need to punish me further. "
    Seth is easy to beat on easiest when you be cheap on him. Trading it in because of something stupid like that means you didn't like Street Fighter in the first place and shouldn't have bought it.
    jonnyboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By jonnyboy

Ok, the best time of my school days was running over the road, after school and into the corner shop to play sf2 with my mates, still one of my favorite games of all time. I'm not saying SF4 was bad, far from it, just an exercise in "less would have been better". The addition of 4 unlikable characters, a ridiculous last boss, and character unlocks is just not needed. I just want to get in and play online, and with friends. I'm not a big fan of single player games, that's all. I got it for 20 quid and traded it for 14. I'll probably pick it up at a later date but I just don't want to put in the hours just to play as Cammy or Akuma.

CL60

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By CL60
    @jonnyboy said:
    " Ok, the best time of my school days was running over the road, after school and into the corner shop to play sf2 with my mates, still one of my favorite games of all time. I'm not saying SF4 was bad, far from it, just an exercise in "less would have been better". The addition of 4 unlikable characters, a ridiculous last boss, and character unlocks is just not needed. I just want to get in and play online, and with friends. I'm not a big fan of single player games, that's all. I got it for 20 quid and traded it for 14. I'll probably pick it up at a later date but I just don't want to put in the hours just to play as Cammy or Akuma. "
    I unlocked Cammy in like 15 minutes. Or less.
    jonnyboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By jonnyboy
    @CL60 said:
    "@jonnyboy said:
    " Ok, the best time of my school days was running over the road, after school and into the corner shop to play sf2 with my mates, still one of my favorite games of all time. I'm not saying SF4 was bad, far from it, just an exercise in "less would have been better". The addition of 4 unlikable characters, a ridiculous last boss, and character unlocks is just not needed. I just want to get in and play online, and with friends. I'm not a big fan of single player games, that's all. I got it for 20 quid and traded it for 14. I'll probably pick it up at a later date but I just don't want to put in the hours just to play as Cammy or Akuma. "
    I unlocked Cammy in like 15 minutes. Or less."
    Your Medal and complementary Cigar are in the post.
    CL60

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By CL60
    @jonnyboy said:
    " @CL60 said:
    "@jonnyboy said:
    Your Medal and complementary Cigar are in the post. "
    All i'm saying is it isn't hard at all...you clearly are not a Street Fighter fan if you traded in the game from rage of not being able to win.
    asurastrike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#12  Edited By asurastrike
    @jonnyboy said:
    "The addition of 4 unlikable characters, a ridiculous last boss, and character unlocks is just not needed. "
    Crimson Viper is by far my favorite Street Fighter character. : /
    JJOR64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#13  Edited By JJOR64
    @CL60 said:
    " Seth is a cheap bastard, do anything to win. "

jonnyboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By jonnyboy
    @CL60 said:
    "@jonnyboy said:
    " @CL60 said:
    "@jonnyboy said:
    All i'm saying is it isn't hard at all...you clearly are not a Street Fighter fan if you traded in the game from rage of not being able to win."
    Just because I didn't enjoy SF4 doesn't mean I'm not a SF fan, just that I'm not a SF4 fan. Its just an opinion, get over it.
    CL60

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By CL60
    @jonnyboy said:
    " @CL60 said:
    "@jonnyboy said:
    " @CL60 said:
    "@jonnyboy said:
    All i'm saying is it isn't hard at all...you clearly are not a Street Fighter fan if you traded in the game from rage of not being able to win."
    Just because I didn't enjoy SF4 doesn't mean I'm not a SF fan, just that I'm not a SF4 fan. Its just an opinion, get over it. "
    Umm, you thought it was too hard so you traded it in...
    jonnyboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By jonnyboy
    @CL60 said:
    "@jonnyboy said:
    " @CL60 said:
    "@jonnyboy said:
    " @CL60 said:
    "@jonnyboy said:
    Just because I didn't enjoy SF4 doesn't mean I'm not a SF fan, just that I'm not a SF4 fan. Its just an opinion, get over it. "
    Umm, you thought it was too hard so you traded it in..."
    Sorry am I missing something here, I said it was frustrating, time consuming and didn't need to be, not hard. I traded it in because I chose to, there are just more rewarding single player  games out at the moment. Sorry.

If it makes you happy, you can say I'm not a true SF fan. Congratulations your the only person that gives a shit.
    End_Boss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By End_Boss
    @jonnyboy said:
    "... The addition of 4 unlikable characters..."
    How dare you say that about my Abel?!

No Caption Provided

CL60

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By CL60
    @jonnyboy said:
    " @CL60 said:
    "@jonnyboy said:
    " @CL60 said:
    "@jonnyboy said:
    " @CL60 said:
    "@jonnyboy said:
    Umm, you thought it was too hard so you traded it in..."
    Sorry am I missing something here, I said it was frustrating, time consuming and didn't need to be, not hard. I traded it in because I chose to, there are just more rewarding single player  games out at the moment. Sorry. If it makes you happy, you can say I'm not a true SF fan. Congratulations your the only person that gives a shit. "
    Single player games? LOL. I played singleplayer in this for a total of a few hours. If you don't feel like putting time into a fighting game don't even bother with them...
    Illmatic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Illmatic

I'm able to beat him pretty easily from very easy to medium difficulty but I still gotta agree with the majority in that Seth is a motherfucking bitch and cheap ass douche. Grabs canceling through attacks, grabs linking to more grabs linking to aerial grabs linking to ultras.  The only way I'm able to beat him so handily is keeping him in the combos I;m familiar with and never letting him breath but there's no way someone new to the game would ever be able to pull that off even on the easiest difficulty. What helped me get accustomed to him was practice and lots of vs matches. Being able to beat a decent human opponent will eventually help you understand how to use different characters and their best moves which you can then use to cheese against Seth every time. As for the "gamer dick on table" contests that some are trying to start here, get over yourself. You're the best around but no one gives a shit.

Linkyshinks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#20  Edited By Linkyshinks
    @jonnyboy said:
    " @CL60 said:
    "@jonnyboy said:
    " @CL60 said:
    "@jonnyboy said:

No real Street Fighter fan would consider trading in a SF4, certainly not over some lame excuse such as yours.  You deem yourself a fan, but no fan would consider you a fan given your excuse.

You say your are fan of SF2, yet you trade in a game which is modeled highly on that game : /

SF4 boss is akin to the one in 3.

CL60

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By CL60
    @Linkyshinks said:
    " @jonnyboy said:
    " @CL60 said:
    "@jonnyboy said:
    " @CL60 said:
    "@jonnyboy said:

No real Street Fighter fan would consider trading in a SF4, certainly not over some lame excuse such as yours.  You deem yourself a fan, but no fan would consider you a fan given your excuse.You say your are fan of SF2, yet you trade in a game which is modeled highly on that game : /SF4 boss is akin to the one in 3. "
    This.
    jonnyboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By jonnyboy
    @Linkyshinks said:
    "@jonnyboy said:
    " @CL60 said:
    "@jonnyboy said:
    " @CL60 said:
    "@jonnyboy said:

No real Street Fighter fan would consider trading in a SF4, certainly not over some lame excuse such as yours.  You deem yourself a fan, but no fan would consider you a fan given your excuse.You say your are fan of SF2, yet you trade in a game which is modeled highly on that game : /SF4 boss is akin to the one in 3."
    I really don't feel the need to excuse myself. I played it then I traded it. End of. Couldn't give a fuck if you think I'm a real fan.
    CL60

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By CL60
    @jonnyboy said:
    " @Linkyshinks said:
    "@jonnyboy said:
    " @CL60 said:
    "@jonnyboy said:
    " @CL60 said:
    "@jonnyboy said:

No real Street Fighter fan would consider trading in a SF4, certainly not over some lame excuse such as yours.  You deem yourself a fan, but no fan would consider you a fan given your excuse.You say your are fan of SF2, yet you trade in a game which is modeled highly on that game : /SF4 boss is akin to the one in 3."
    I really don't feel the need to excuse myself. I played it then I traded it. End of. Couldn't give a fuck if you think I'm a real fan. "
    Don't say your a fan when you are not then.
    End_Boss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By End_Boss

I can't believe you've been arguing the definition of a "real" fan for 14 straight posts. Dude traded in SFIV because he got frustrated with it: fucking deal with it.

"I like the Street Fighter series, but I traded in SFIV because I got frustrated with it."
    "Oh, you don't really like Street Fighter then."
    "DO TOO."
    "DO NOT."
    "DO TOO."
    "DO NOT."

Fucking Christ.

keyhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#25  Edited By keyhunter

Just throw it into very Hard difficulty, whip out the Zangief and go to town with that pantsless fool. Beat him on my first try.

Gambit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Gambit

hell if the dude had that much trouble just playing arcade mode. I'm willing to bet he didn't fair much better playing online so the game probley wasn't much fun for him. I can see why he would trade it in.

lordofultima

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 9

#27  Edited By lordofultima

I don't play arcade mode, why do you think I haven't gotten some of those achievements (like beating Gouken on hardest)? Because it's actually a pain for me to go through the arcade mode. Sometimes I have more trouble there then with actual people, and the A.I. doesn't behave like anyone human. If you're playing single player and are pissed off, you should try playing with actual friends...it's pretty good then.

Scooper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Scooper
    @lordofultima said:
    " I don't play arcade mode, why do you think I haven't gotten some of those achievements (like beating Gouken on hardest)? Because it's actually a pain for me to go through the arcade mode. Sometimes I have more trouble there then with actual people, and the A.I. doesn't behave like anyone human. If you're playing single player and are pissed off, you should try playing with actual friends...it's pretty good then. "
    I got that achievement and damn was it frustrating. Great fun though. The AI is quite cheap because it knows what move you're doing as soon as you press the button not after/during the animation like real people so it's always got a damn counter ready. You know that though, ofcourse. Bison in SFII was a mother bitch.
    Milkman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#29  Edited By Milkman

Seth is a dick. You should kick his ass anyway you can.

EDIT: It appears this thread turned into a discussion of something completely different pretty quickly. Nevermind then.

cspiffo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#30  Edited By cspiffo
    @Asurastrike: I don't consider Seth a real SF character.  Just kick his ass anyway you can so you can see your ending...Cheap bastard...

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.