Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Street Fighter IV

Game » consists of 9 releases. Released Jul 18, 2008

After nearly a decade in hiatus, Capcom's signature mainline fighting game series resurfaces with its fourth main installment, combining the traditional 2D gameplay with modern fully-3D graphics.

I dont think there is anything wrong with quitting a ranked match

• 93 results
    9mmfistcuffs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51  Edited By 9mmfistcuffs
    JJOR64 said:
    "Diamond said:
    I guess.  If you look at tier lists Dan is actually not the worst character.  If I recall there is one that I seen that puts Rose on the bottom."
    wouldn't suprise me, that said TIERS ARE FOR LOSERS!
    RyanD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#52  Edited By RyanD
    Kratos81 said:
    "You guys are right, I SUCK! I have 2500 battle points but I dont know how to play the game. I guess my problem is that I dont play that way and neither do my friends. I could learn a new way of playing to counter it but why bother, its one match and the next guy usually dosent play that way. Its every once and a while. I understand its part of the game but its still fucking cheap as in 90% of the people I have played online dont play like that. All of you defending it, are either cheap as well, or think you are a SF god. Yes I can learn to counter it, it dosent change the fact. My point was, why bother playing a player like that. I love it how I automatically suck because I bring this up. Carry on SF gods. Btw I have been playing since the original SF2 days, and against everyone I know in real life, have always been one of the best players. I guess everyone I have ever known around here sucks as well.

Edit: I know 2500 BP dosent make me badass, but should show that I am not a noob either.
    "
    okay now you just sound like a super-shower (french for super-douche). your playing style may not function in a way that lets you beat spammers, but that doesn't make the spammers cheap, they are just using a play style that works for them. and if your getting tired of zangief grappling you or E. honda doing that move where he sits on you. just sit at the other end of the screen and throw hudyokens (i know it's spelled wrong) and give them a taste of their own medicine
    RyanD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53  Edited By RyanD
    Kratos81 said:
    "ThePhenomenal1 said:
    "Kratos81 said:
    "You guys are right, I SUCK! I have 2500 battle points but I dont know how to play the game. I guess my problem is that I dont play that way and neither do my friends. I could learn a new way of playing to counter it but why bother, its one match and the next guy usually dosent play that way. Its every once and a while. I understand its part of the game but its still fucking cheap as in 90% of the people I have played online dont play like that. All of you defending it, are either cheap as well, or think you are a SF god. Yes I can learn to counter it, it dosent change the fact. My point was, why bother playing a player like that. I love it how I automatically suck because I bring this up. Carry on SF gods. Btw I have been playing since the original SF2 days, and against everyone I know in real life, have always been one of the best players. I guess everyone I have ever known around here sucks as well.

Edit: I know 2500 BP dosent make me badass, but should show that I am not a noob either.
    "
    i've seen guys with 5000 bp that don't know how to play. tell me when you get to 10k and how you do @ final round or the evo qualifers."
    Please, like thats the average. I never said I was a pro and have never even played anyone with over 4000bp before.  I honestly dont see how anyone could get 5000 bp and suck with out cheating with friends, so I dont believe that.
    "
    You never said you were a pro, yes, but that paragraph where you boast about you being the best out of your friends makes you seem extremely cocky
    REDRUN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#54  Edited By REDRUN
    Gambit said:
    "Don't do it REDRUN is a beast all the gadoukens flying around every and him screaming like a banshee. I still have nightmares............"
    ur jus mad i got skillz, i practiced many hour to perfect the HP+HK combo. is teh spam u feer? FLYING TAUNT!! WHOOOOHOOOOOOOO!!!
    slinky6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55  Edited By slinky6

TC is a mega-scrub.   Bet he plays ken and wake up shoryuken's 100% of the time.

HiroSeven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56  Edited By HiroSeven

I've only played a select few matches online so I cant give examples of people quitting on me or otherwise.

I personally would not quit regardless of the situation unless, as a previous poster mentioned, there is an issue of lag. Cheapness is a game that everyone is going to play whether they know how to play the SF IV (or any other game) or not, so I've come to expect it. Your a far better player if you can learn to avoid the attacks and rest assured, they can be avoided.  

The moral of the story; you might get beat 100 times, but that 101st time you win, you'll have figured out blues clues and the only thing spamming should remind you of is the canned version of meat.

That was a weird scentence...

REDRUN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57  Edited By REDRUN

I quit out usually on round one in a ranked match if my character moves around like it has a boulder tied to it or when its a full on shutter match. If you guys run your bandwidth on a network, turn the effen torrents off on the other computers. Geez, this ain't no counter-strike where we don't give a f*ck unless we can leach that rounchy monkey pr0n from your FTP.

Do that or else you will get a nasty email from me.... you will be luck if I ask if i can see your pr0n collection.

CursaKuma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58  Edited By CursaKuma
    JJOR64 said:
    "Stop playing as Dan and play as someone good."
    I play dan.. and win :)
    Mercator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By Mercator

I never quit, and there is no reason to.

The match takes 2 minutes, your Battle Points dont mean anything. They arnt going to help you get chicks, other games, money, or any other material things in this world.

If your confident enough you dont need an arbitrary number to tell you your awesome...you already know.

The ranked community in this game are a bunch of children, and the only thing that gets a bad review from me is quitting early.

hoody

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By hoody
    Kratos81 said:
    "TooWalrus said:
    "Kratos81 said:
    "You guys are right, I SUCK!
    K, thx."
    fuckU.
    "
    This says everything anyone needs to know about you. You typed up your little rant, and got slammed with the reality that the fighting game community doesn't support bitch-ass behavior. The real fighting game community doesn't, at any rate. When you don't get your way, you whine and act like a bitch. It's true when you play games, and it's true when you make your feeble little attempts at discussion. You're not ready for big boy games or discussions.

Everything you have said so far has shown that, without question, you are the very picture of an S-C-R-U-B, scrub. You are more interested in making excuses than learning to win. People like you have no business playing ranked matches of any sort, and I personally I couldn't be happier that you're getting gutted by the true players in here.

You have a choice. You can either take the sage advice that you're being given, which is to stop making excuses and learn to win, or you can keep telling yourself it's EVERYONE ELSE that has the problem and never get past the relatively low hurdle of move spammers. In the end, you'll get a lot more respect if you choose the latter. And should you go with the former instead, don't be surprised when everyone calls you out for the scrub that you are. Fair warning.
    hoody

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By hoody
    Kratos81 said:
    "TooWalrus said:
    "Kratos81 said:
    "Diamond said:
    "On NeoGAF they'd call this a meltdown."
    Do they, how is this a melt down? Any time some one makes a topic on this board, they have to defend themselves and the issue always gets blow up more then it should be. This is a forum full of dicks so, I expect nothing less.  
    "
    There are some dicks here, but (almost) everyone who's posted in this thread is a levelheaded person who knows the difference between someone with something legit to say, and someone who just sucks at a game and cries about it. A quitter. Those people should have to defend themselves. If you can come up with a good argument besides "Those cheaters are cheap" then maybe I'll join your side."
    Ok I m done, I suck and am a quitter, I dont know how to play SF and dont deserve to hold a controller. Funny thing is I bet I can beat more then half of you that act like you are all high and mighty.
    "
    I'll take that challenge. Gamertag is ii axxess ii

And if you want a preview of my playstyle, look me up on youtube: AxxesS9000
    jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 9

#62  Edited By jakob187
    Kratos81 said:
    "BoG said:
    "If you can't counter move spamming, you probably should just quit playing period. Gief is WIDE open when he spams ANYTHING, as is any other character. "
    I am a good player, but I do seem to have trouble against cheap players.
    "
    I guarantee that with a statement like this, you are not in fact a "good player".  Instead, you are a player that knows the moves but none of the strategy.

Going against cheap ass spammers is NOT hard if you know what you are doing.

There is never a single excuse available for leaving a ranked match.  Luckily, I've only been in one match ever that someone "left" in, and it was an honest disconnection, as he invited me to do some player matches afterwards and he had disconnection issues in those as well.

Less QQ, Kratos...less QQ.
    REDRUN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63  Edited By REDRUN

Geez guys, take it easy on Kratos. I am sure a little lube would lighten things up with him and the "cheap-ass" players. "PREPARE YOURSELF", Zangief says so!

REDRUN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64  Edited By REDRUN
    REDRUN said:
    "Geez guys, take it easy on Kratos. I am sure a little lube would lighten things up with him and the "cheap-ass" players. "PREPARE YOURSELF", Zangief says so!"
    Actualy Zangief does not say that... its more grunts and rawrz.... i know kinda gay (put head down)
    Kratos81

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65  Edited By Kratos81
    jakob187 said:
    "Kratos81 said:
    "BoG said:
    "If you can't counter move spamming, you probably should just quit playing period. Gief is WIDE open when he spams ANYTHING, as is any other character. "
    "
    I guarantee that with a statement like this, you are not in fact a "good player".  Instead, you are a player that knows the moves but none of the strategy.

There is never a single excuse available for leaving a ranked match.  Luckily, I've only been in one match ever that someone "left" in, and it was an honest disconnection, as he invited me to do some player matches afterwards and he had disconnection issues in those as well.

"
    You know there is alot of truth to that.  I realised that today. I am so used to playing the computer which seems to have a playing pattern. My friends also seem to have the same pattern all the same tactics seem to work on them. I have since changed my playing style, but still have no tolerance for overly cheap players. I still dont think there is any excuse for someone with 2k or 3k BP being cheap just for the hell of it. BtW I dont have a gamer tag im playing on psn superman5518 so hoody, I cant do it.
    hoody

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66  Edited By hoody
    Kratos81 said:
    "jakob187 said:
    "Kratos81 said:
    "BoG said:
    "

"
    You know there is alot of truth to that.  I realised that today. I am so used to playing the computer which seems to have a playing pattern. My friends also seem to have the same pattern all the same tactics seem to work on them. I have since changed my playing style, but still have no tolerance for overly cheap players. I still dont think there is any excuse for someone with 2k or 3k BP being cheap just for the hell of it. BtW I dont have a gamer tag im playing on psn superman5518 so hoody, I cant do it.
    "
    Well, you still haven't even gotten the message yet then. There is no "overly cheap" that everyone could agree on. You're the only person who gets to decide what "overly cheap" is, which means that if we're being objective about it - which we ought to be if we want to win - then nothing is "overly cheap."

This doesn't include things like literal cheating to prevent losses, such as unplugging your opponent's controller, unplugging the console... disconnecting. Those things really are wrong to do in a competitive arena. Everything else is just a player playing a game. It's not your opponent's responsibilty to make sure you have a good time. He just wants to win, same as you.
    mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 6

#67  Edited By mike

I don't know why throwing has this stigma of being a "cheap" tactic.  If someone is throwing you, cancel their throws.  If they're spamming command throws with Zangief or Honda, stay the hell away from them and adjust your strategy accordingly.

Kou_Leifoh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68  Edited By Kou_Leifoh

Kratos81, 75% of the user of GiantBomb are asshole and that's just how it is - some of the user actually metion they're banned user from other sites like GameSpot. Don't get me wrong, the rest of GiantBomb is awesome such the Bombcast and all the video stuff that Jeff & the rest of the staff upload on this site; and that's the reason why I'm a member of this site.

If it makes you feel any better, Jesus went through a similar situation on one of his thread about Bob Marley being overrated.

Endogene

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69  Edited By Endogene

I think it is highly impolite to quite a game when you are doing bad or do not agree with the way the other player is playing. If i get my ass kicked so be it, I stay in the game and try to figure out how it could have happened and it wont happen again. Spammers as already pointed out are easy to counter, would it have been impossible to counter such tactics then I would have agreed with you that it is cheap but since it is not the case stop complaining and get better at the game.

edit: why would someone rate this negatively?

Drebin_893

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70  Edited By Drebin_893
    Kratos81 said:
    Please, I have been here awhile and have seen it over and over. Seems to happen to the new posters often, no wonder this place is dead. This is the worst forum I have ever been apart of, which is why I hardly post. "waits to be bashed for this as well""
    Great. Fucking leave, then.
    Kratos81

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71  Edited By Kratos81
    Kou_Leifoh said:
    "Kratos81, 75% of the user of GiantBomb are asshole and that's just how it is - some of the user actually metion they're banned user from other sites like GameSpot. Don't get me wrong, the rest of GiantBomb is awesome such the Bombcast and all the video stuff that Jeff & the rest of the staff upload on this site; and that's the reason why I'm a member of this site. If it makes you feel any better, Jesus went through a similar situation on one of his thread about Bob Marley being overrated."
    I dont understand
    mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72  Edited By mike
    Kou_Leifoh said:
    "Kratos81, 75% of the user of GiantBomb are asshole and that's just how it is - some of the user actually metion they're banned user from other sites like GameSpot.
    It's funny you said that.  Look what I found when I was browsing through one of Kratos81's old threads:

Kratos81 said:
    Im not mad, I hardly post here. I check it from time to time when Im suspended from gs for not typing on egg shells.

pause422

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73  Edited By pause422
    MB said:
    "Kou_Leifoh said:
    "Kratos81, 75% of the user of GiantBomb are asshole and that's just how it is - some of the user actually metion they're banned user from other sites like GameSpot.
    It's funny you said that.  Look what I found when I was browsing through one of Kratos81's old threads:

Kratos81 said:
    Im not mad, I hardly post here. I check it from time to time when Im suspended from gs for not typing on egg shells.
    "
    hahah....anyway yeah, there is no excuse for leaving a match early, of course anyone can do it if they please, but when you do all you're admitting is that you would of lost 100% and you know that. Move spamming isn't cheap like you call it, its a noobish thing that is easily countered if you even stop and think for a split second. People that spam moves..no matter what character they are using don't know properly how to play that character very well, and they could easily be defeated. Same with grabs...stay the fuck away from someone if you don't want to get thrown or Giefed/Honda'd.

Everything you are calling 'cheap' and trying to make it a valid excuse to leave a ranked match early in some kind of justified way, is completely fine to do...just admit that you're a coward and you leave the matches because you suck too much instead of trying to make it sound alright in some way, then feel free to continue doing so and being a nub.
    Kratos81

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74  Edited By Kratos81
    MB said:
    "Kou_Leifoh said:

Kratos81 said:
    "
    Yes I admit it, I am a asshole suspended from GS.
    mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75  Edited By mike
    Kratos81 said:
    Yes I admit it, I am a asshole suspended from GS."
    Are you going for 2 out of 2?  Check your PM's.
    Red

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 11

#76  Edited By Red

Someone call?
    Someone call?

If you're sick of all these "cheap" ranked matches, why don't you just do normal matches? And, why are you complaining HERE?
    Reale

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77  Edited By Reale
    Kratos81 said:
    "I dont think its right to quit just because you suck and are getting your ass kicked but if you are playing against some cheap ass, spamming, doing the same move over and over. Fuck it I will quit. People that spam with Zangief, fuck you, I wont waste my time, what fun is that. I will just move on to the next match. Zangief was just a example, but he seems to be one of the worst spam characters in the game. I can throw someone over and over if I wanted but that is cheap.
    your the problem...  if you cant learn from your mistakes dont play! i will Headstomp you with M.Bison until you learn to block the head stomp and then i will throw a scissor kick at you and see if you can block that to!

Kratos81 said:
    I played a match eariler where the guy kept just trying to throw me, so I just thew him the whole match and won, he didnt try it the next round. "
    that guy isnt the problem... he learned his lesson and didn't do it again, that's what happens, if something isnt working then change it.

I beat alot of giefs with headstomping and then when they work out the headstomp i go airial with my fist and cross them up but it took me a while to work out how to get away from giefs SPD

i also used to main Akuma and win matches just by using my tripple fireball! its not hard to get around it, you just have to think...

ImperiousRix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 45

User Lists: 4

#78  Edited By ImperiousRix

Wait, most Giantbomb users are assholes?
    O.o, I've found more cool guys to play with here than anywhere else.

toowalrus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79  Edited By toowalrus
    ImperiousRix said:
    "Wait, most Giantbomb users are assholes?O.o, I've found more cool guys to play with here than anywhere else."
    We're only assholes when someone has something ridiculously stupid to say. Like:

Kratos81
    said:
    "Hey guys! You know that person you hate? That one that joins your Street Fighter ranked matches, and gets his ass kicked in the first round, then QUITS?! THAT WAS MEEEEEEEEE!!!!!111!1!!11!!!

jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80  Edited By jakob187
    TooWalrus said:
    "ImperiousRix said:
    "Wait, most Giantbomb users are assholes?O.o, I've found more cool guys to play with here than anywhere else."
    We're only assholes when someone has something ridiculously stupid to say. Like:

Kratos81
    said:
    "Hey guys! You know that person you hate? That one that joins your Street Fighter ranked matches, and gets his ass kicked in the first round, then QUITS?! THAT WAS MEEEEEEEEE!!!!!111!1!!11!!!
    "
    Quoted for truth.

I DO happen to be an asshole, though.  Luckily, everyone knows it...and they know most of what I say is taken with a grain of salt and mostly in jest.

End_Boss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81  Edited By End_Boss
    Kratos81 said:
    "I dont think its right to quit just because you suck and are getting your ass kicked but if you are playing against some cheap ass, spamming, doing the same move over and over. Fuck it I will quit. People that spam with Zangief, fuck you, I wont waste my time, what fun is that. I will just move on to the next match. Zangief was just a example, but he seems to be one of the worst spam characters in the game. I can throw someone over and over if I wanted but that is cheap. I played a match eariler where the guy kept just trying to throw me, so I just thew him the whole match and won, he didnt try it the next round. "

No Caption Provided

kmdrkul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82  Edited By kmdrkul

The jerks are the best part of the GB forum.  Such an eclectic group of assholes :D

Fallen189

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83  Edited By Fallen189

Play as Dhalsim. Spam fierce punch, profit.

jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84  Edited By jakob187
    kmdrkul said:
    "The jerks are the best part of the GB forum.  Such an eclectic group of assholes :D"
    Someone else that sucks at SFIV?

Fallen189 said:
    "Play as Dhalsim. Spam fierce punch, profit."
    Failing strats fail.
    toowalrus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85  Edited By toowalrus
    Fallen189 said:
    Just out of curiosity, how often does that work?
    kmdrkul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86  Edited By kmdrkul
    jakob187 said:
    "kmdrkul said:
    "The jerks are the best part of the GB forum.  Such an eclectic group of assholes :D"
    "
    Yes, but that has nothing to do with my statement :S
    ImperiousRix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 45

#87  Edited By ImperiousRix
    jakob187 said:
    "kmdrkul said:

Fallen189 said:
    Failing strats fail.
    "

Pretty sure kmdrkul wasn't trying to insult us.  I'm pretty sure he was stating we were alright.
    Right?
    RIGHT?!
    kmdrkul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88  Edited By kmdrkul

Not anymore :P

pause422

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89  Edited By pause422
    Fallen189 said:
    Yeah...that works very well....when you're playing against a complete fucking moron, probably someone like Kratos, who would then counter that by leaving the match.
    mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90  Edited By mike

Something just hit me.  Kratos81 claims that he's a better than average player because of his 2000+ BP...but I just realized he probably only has that many because he simply quits out of matches that he's losing.  Man I wish I had a PS3 and some way to capture video.

pause422

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91  Edited By pause422

Yeah that's pretty hilarious and sad.

keyhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92  Edited By keyhunter

What an asshole. If I quit every time someone used Sagat, I would be at over 3000 BP easily. And Zangief has like 6 different throws and a bunch of variations on 4 of them. Of course I'm going to fucking throw you if you're stupid enough to let me get close enough to you. Would you rather I just lariat you over and over again? Would that be less cheap?

SpecialBuddy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93  Edited By SpecialBuddy

I just got my first ranked match rage quick today. And it was against a guy ive faced at least 5 times already. (sorry for quality dont have a good cameria.) It was two matches to one with me fixing to win the match.

No Caption Provided

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.