Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Street Fighter IV

Game » consists of 9 releases. Released Jul 18, 2008

After nearly a decade in hiatus, Capcom's signature mainline fighting game series resurfaces with its fourth main installment, combining the traditional 2D gameplay with modern fully-3D graphics.

I feel guilty, + T.Hawk is a bitch (Blog Post)

dipstick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By dipstick

I play ryu. Yep,the go to guy for all new players and he happens to be my main guy. It's not like I haven't tried playing everybody. I've spent days playing guile,balrog,sagat,zengief non-stop and yet I'm never quite as comfortable as when I'm playing as Ryu. So I always feel wierd playing him online,there are SO many Kens online I feel wierd playing as his counterpart. Should I feel bad?

*Side problem* Holy shit T.Hawk needs to die in a fire,seriously I beat SFIV on medium so I thought I was getting better and I felt like I had a good grasp of the games concepts but good lord I was playing HD remix and I always make it up to T.Hawk and he fucking destories me. I can't hardly get more then a couple of hits before dying. Note I'm playing HD remix on EASY. EASY people.  Ugh.....

mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 6

#2  Edited By mike

Don't feel bad about playing Ryu...by this point, I'm so used to fighting against Ryu, Ken and Akuma they're practically guaranteed wins.

dipstick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By dipstick
    MB said:
    "Don't feel bad about playing Ryu...by this point, I'm so used to fighting against Ryu, Ken and Akuma they're practically guaranteed wins."
    Yeah,but Lord knows I haven't tried playing others. It just seems that the influx of Ryu,Ken players people already get the impression that I'm a n00b

But hey,I guess I can always use that to my advantage :)
    ImperiousRix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 45

User Lists: 4

#4  Edited By ImperiousRix

Go ahead and play as Ryu.
    Play as anyone you want, dude, whoever you enjoy playing as or/and are good with is cool.

pause422

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By pause422

I think generally people need to get over the whole 'everyone that plays <insert fighter here> is just a noob shit, of course there are people that will still mostly play Ryu or Ken, not all of them suck though, or it means that you suck in general if you do. I'm pretty used to fighting them by now, I can usually win fairly easy unless a player really knows what they're doing...still the bitching that people do is just old at this point. As you said, just use it to your advantage, if you're good with Ryu and people immediately think you a shit player, when they get wrecked they are probably crying then. So I'm sure its worth it in the end, use whoever you like and don't take the opinion of morons seriously.

REDRUN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#6  Edited By REDRUN
    Dipstick said:
    "I play ryu. Yep,the go to guy for all new players and he happens to be my main guy. It's not like I haven't tried playing everybody. I've spent days playing guile,balrog,sagat,zengief non-stop and yet I'm never quite as comfortable as when I'm playing as Ryu. So I always feel wierd playing him online,there are SO many Kens online I feel wierd playing as his counterpart. Should I feel bad? *Side problem* Holy shit T.Hawk needs to die in a fire,seriously I beat SFIV on medium so I thought I was getting better and I felt like I had a good grasp of the games concepts but good lord I was playing HD remix and I always make it up to T.Hawk and he fucking destories me. I can't hardly get more then a couple of hits before dying. Note I'm playing HD remix on EASY. EASY people.  Ugh....."
    If T.Hawk somehow makes it to the roster via DLC, I hope they make his pink outfit default and make him a comedic punching bag like Dan. I f**ken hate to see T. Hawk return to the series because its not fun playing him or against him. By the way, we already have Seth.
    MetalGearSunny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#7  Edited By MetalGearSunny

Taylor Hawkins? (J/K)

dipstick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By dipstick
    Metal_Gear_Sunny said:
    "Taylor Hawkins? (J/K)"
    Ha,I really have to no reason but as soon as I read that I almost died laughing. It was awesome :D
    Ben_H

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#9  Edited By Ben_H

I agree with the sentiments for T. Hawk.  He has way to much of a reach for that heavy low kick (And in general) and he has way to good of a forward jump compared to guys of a similar size.  On harder difficulties all he does is turtle then do that stupid dive that's difficult to block or counter unless I'm Cammy or Guile.  He somehow manages to get past Sagat's Tiger Knee and Uppercut with that stupid move.  I always dominate as Sagat on hard or expert until I get to him.  He's like a brick wall of game killing unfunness.  I always seem to quit after he beats me a couple times.  Or I get Bison and spam that move where he turns into a fireball as he flies across the screen (What's it called again?  You charge back then hit forward and punch.).

Kou_Leifoh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Kou_Leifoh

T-Hawk isn't that bad when it comes to his design, he isn't that bad. As for his move-set well.....It'd be nice if Capcom went back and reinvent T-Hawk if he returns in SFIV.

REDRUN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By REDRUN
    Kou_Leifoh said:
    "T-Hawk isn't that bad when it comes to his design, he isn't that bad. As for his move-set well.....It'd be nice if Capcom went back and reinvent T-Hawk if he returns in SFIV."
    Have Dan give him the pink costume makeover, cammy pigtail his mullet and sakura adds on the glam face paint. Then we nuder him to the point of nerfed. Now enter.... Tranny Hawk!
    gla55jAw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 31

#12  Edited By gla55jAw

It doesn't matter, when I play ranked matches, I only play as Ken because that's who I'm best with. People only care when they see you pick Ryu after you were picking someone else and changed your mind because they picked Ken. Play who your good with.

hoody

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By hoody

Theres seems to be a kind of a stigma around using the shotos (I blame the prevalent Ken abuse), but really, they're all perfectly legit characters (except Dan, lol), and I see no reason why you should feel even the slightest bit awkward or bad about maining Ryu. Dude's a savage, and he's a comfy character. Fuckin' run with it.

I would suggest that if you really, really want to pick up another character, play someone who is WAY different from any of the shotos. Play Rufus. Or maybe C. Viper. Give that weirdo El Fuerte a go - he's more fun than you might think. Point is, do something that totally flips your game on its head and is far, far away from what you might be accustomed to in playing Street Fighter. I don't have anything extremely concrete to back this advice up except that it has worked for me (in CvS2, I mained Blanka, Ken, and Geese, for example).

You're right about T. Hawk too. He's just ridiculous. I push a button, he smashes me. Ugh... it's stupid playing against the AI... don't let it get you down.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.