Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Street Fighter IV

Game » consists of 9 releases. Released Jul 18, 2008

After nearly a decade in hiatus, Capcom's signature mainline fighting game series resurfaces with its fourth main installment, combining the traditional 2D gameplay with modern fully-3D graphics.

I get my ass handed to me

turbomonkey138

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By turbomonkey138

Well i decided to record some matches ...and this one match made me depressed . Any pointers on how to improve next time ?  

turbomonkey138

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By turbomonkey138
    @turbomonkey138 said:

" Well i decided to record some matches ...and this one match made me depressed . Any pointers on how to improve next time ?  

"
    I wonder how many people will think this video is something else lol
    JJOR64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

#3  Edited By JJOR64
    @turbomonkey138: Random ultras don't work.  :P      That was a solid Sakura.  I've seen better.
    Renahzor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#4  Edited By Renahzor

when Sakura has even 1 EX stock you have to watch your ass for that EX tatsu(whatever hers is called) which combos hard into a super ambiguous crossup off the air reset, and will stun you in 2 cycles.  At 3:03 she starts this combo off a focus attack, and ends up stunning you off the mp air reset->cross under and taking the round.  Sakura's focus is deceptively long range, dont mess around, just backdash away from her if you have to.  Watch out for that damn neutral jump HK as well, cr.HP should stuff that shit, but ive never tried with guile.  

Basically, this fight revolves around her making you do something that results in a super ambiguous cross-under and can stun VERY quickly.  you can poke with her from medium-> long range, but not from up close, she has good priority on cr.mp as you can see in the first round.  also try and stay away from guile's double sweep, that is really punishable.  Get out of the habit of random ultras, even if they connect sometimes.  :)  Learn to put them in combos more often or to beat long recovery moves.  

Finally, and something I need to work on as well, be MORE patient with guile when you have a life lead.  let Sakura burn some meter trying to open you up.  you had a big lead in round one but let it go by being very agressive on knockdowns, resulting in eating a EX SRK.  you would have won the round by blocking that, and you can be very sure they'll try it when they get desperate.  Use cr.HP to anti air when in some situations, as its more reliable sometimes than flashkick!

turbomonkey138

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By turbomonkey138
    @JJOR64 said:
    " @turbomonkey138: Random ultras don't work.  :P      That was a solid Sakura.  I've seen better. "
    Yea i never see Sakura's ...ever so i was fucked
    Carnage1290

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#6  Edited By Carnage1290

I'm a turtle when it comes to SSIV so my only real advice is to maybe block more because you got hit by some moves that shouldn't of hit you.  Although I don't blame you for losing to that Sakura, I almost certainly would have as well. 

pepsipat1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#7  Edited By pepsipat1

I think it something else. Something that I'll never unsee. I dont have any constructive things to add to this conversation. Sorry that stuff happens to far too often also.
    turbomonkey138

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By turbomonkey138
    @JJOR64 said:
    " @turbomonkey138: Random ultras don't work.  :P      That was a solid Sakura.  I've seen better. "
    I thought she was going to jab me so i did the ultra.. i just read the situation wrong
    turbomonkey138

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By turbomonkey138
    @Renahzor said:
    " when Sakura has even 1 EX stock you have to watch your ass for that EX tatsu(whatever hers is called) which combos hard into a super ambiguous crossup off the air reset, and will stun you in 2 cycles.  At 3:03 she starts this combo off a focus attack, and ends up stunning you off the mp air reset->cross under and taking the round.  Sakura's focus is deceptively long range, dont mess around, just backdash away from her if you have to.  Watch out for that damn neutral jump HK as well, cr.HP should stuff that shit, but ive never tried with guile.    Basically, this fight revolves around her making you do something that results in a super ambiguous cross-under and can stun VERY quickly.  you can poke with her from medium-> long range, but not from up close, she has good priority on cr.mp as you can see in the first round.  also try and stay away from guile's double sweep, that is really punishable.  Get out of the habit of random ultras, even if they connect sometimes.  :)  Learn to put them in combos more often or to beat long recovery moves.    Finally, and something I need to work on as well, be MORE patient with guile when you have a life lead.  let Sakura burn some meter trying to open you up.  you had a big lead in round one but let it go by being very agressive on knockdowns, resulting in eating a EX SRK.  you would have won the round by blocking that, and you can be very sure they'll try it when they get desperate.  Use cr.HP to anti air when in some situations, as its more reliable sometimes than flashkick! "
    I am a impatient guy : /
    Thrawn1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Thrawn1

don't use gulie's sweep, it sucks. people can hit you in between the two hits. some characters can even ultra you. other than that I suggest watching videos of tournament level guile players. Here is a good place to start:

http://streetfighterdojo.com/sf4/characters/guile.html

turbomonkey138

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By turbomonkey138
    @Thrawn said:
    " don't use gulie's sweep, it sucks. people can hit you in between the two hits. some characters can even ultra you. other than that I suggest watching videos of tournament level guile players. Here is a good place to start:   http://streetfighterdojo.com/sf4/characters/guile.html "
    Cheers that's a awesome site you got there .
    Djeffers03

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Djeffers03

I get my arse handed to me on easy in arcade mode.  

yeah, I hate this game.

Scooper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Scooper
    @turbomonkey138 said:
    " @JJOR64 said:
    I thought she was going to jab me so i did the ultra.. i just read the situation wrong "
    Never wake up Ultra unless it's a last resort. Alot of people will pretend as if they're going to jab or SRK or grab you on wakeup and then at the last second go into block and then punish you big. Only really use Ultra if it's a garantee like after a blocked SRK or Ultra or if the chip damage will finish them off. 

A little advice would be to punish all those blocked things like SRK from Sakura with a c.MP, hard kick/EX Flashkick. It does a ton of damage and is easy to do.

Also, I had the 'Gotta love the Hair' title for a while. I love that one.
    AniMoney

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By AniMoney

You need to work on the basics a lot more.  

• c.hp when they jump 
    • jab sonic boom from afar to annoy them and you can use it as a shield and run after it for a mixup
    • don't use sweep so much, it's punishable in the middle, maybe use low forward, and more jabs/shorts
    • stop with the random ultras
    • if your opponent does a lot of wakeup reversals, just block or try a safe jump/crossup and then punish them
    • speaking of punish, if they whiff anything big, low strong xx flashkick(ex if you have it) is a solid punish
    • go for throws up close, you can grab people out of normals a lot in this game

Feel free to add me and we can play sometime, my gt is AniMoney. 
    Thrawn1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Thrawn1
    @turbomonkey138: It's very helpful. Instead of having to play tons of matches and learn what not to do the hard way you can just watch the pros do it
    Gunner_Thor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#16  Edited By Gunner_Thor

I think I've played this sakura with Gief a while back.  You need to work on your poke game and be a lot more patient.  You have a character with a crap ultra and a deffensive nature, so it's to your advantage to turtle.  Zone her out with some fireballs, airthrow if she tries jumping.  NEVER do that cr.RH unless it's guaranteed knockdown otherwise the person can either focus the second leg, or poke after the first hit leading to massive damage.  Work in more tick throws.
    NinjaHunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#17  Edited By NinjaHunter

Pretty much what everyone else has said and I'd like to add that I really hate when people wait for the other person to pick their character. Just a pet peeve of mine.

JJOR64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#18  Edited By JJOR64
    @NinjaHunter said:
    "I really hate when people wait for the other person to pick their character. Just a pet peeve of mine. "
    I'm with you there.  When I play randoms, it seems like they do that most of the time.
    turbomonkey138

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By turbomonkey138
    @AniMoney said:
    " You need to work on the basics a lot more.  

• c.hp when they jump 
    • jab sonic boom from afar to annoy them and you can use it as a shield and run after it for a mixup
    • don't use sweep so much, it's punishable in the middle, maybe use low forward, and more jabs/shorts
    • stop with the random ultras
    • if your opponent does a lot of wakeup reversals, just block or try a safe jump/crossup and then punish them
    • speaking of punish, if they whiff anything big, low strong xx flashkick(ex if you have it) is a solid punish
    • go for throws up close, you can grab people out of normals a lot in this game

Feel free to add me and we can play sometime, my gt is AniMoney. 
    "
    Okay i will work on those :)
    Scooper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Scooper
    @Gunner_Thor said:
    " I think I've played this sakura with Gief a while back.  You need to work on your poke game and be a lot more patient.  You have a character with a crap ultra and a deffensive nature, so it's to your advantage to turtle.  Zone her out with some fireballs, airthrow if she tries jumping.  NEVER do that cr.RH unless it's guaranteed knockdown otherwise the person can either focus the second leg, or poke after the first hit leading to massive damage.  Work in more tick throws. "
    Sweep, FADC grab can sometimes work pretty well but yeah I agree. Don't sweep unless you really thing it'll hit and as a rule of mine I won't sweep unless I got 2 meters to use if it gets blocked. Unless I'm going up against a player who obviously doesn't know it can be punished, then I'll use it more.
    turbomonkey138

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By turbomonkey138
    @Scooper said:
    " @Gunner_Thor said:
    " I think I've played this sakura with Gief a while back.  You need to work on your poke game and be a lot more patient.  You have a character with a crap ultra and a deffensive nature, so it's to your advantage to turtle.  Zone her out with some fireballs, airthrow if she tries jumping.  NEVER do that cr.RH unless it's guaranteed knockdown otherwise the person can either focus the second leg, or poke after the first hit leading to massive damage.  Work in more tick throws. "
    Sweep, FADC grab can sometimes work pretty well but yeah I agree. Don't sweep unless you really thing it'll hit and as a rule of mine I won't sweep unless I got 2 meters to use if it gets blocked. Unless I'm going up against a player who obviously doesn't know it can be punished, then I'll use it more. "
    Yea i noticed i use the sweep waaaay to much . but i guess this is all learning experience
    Scooper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Scooper
    @turbomonkey138 said:
    " @Scooper said:
    " @Gunner_Thor said:
    Sweep, FADC grab can sometimes work pretty well but yeah I agree. Don't sweep unless you really thing it'll hit and as a rule of mine I won't sweep unless I got 2 meters to use if it gets blocked. Unless I'm going up against a player who obviously doesn't know it can be punished, then I'll use it more. "
    Yea i noticed i use the sweep waaaay to much . but i guess this is all learning experience "
    It's no problem at all. I used it alot at the stage you're at. You seem way more capable and eager to learn then alot of people that come into this forum so that's awesome. In a few months when super comes out I can easily see you being one of the big contenders on this forum if you keep playing and enjoying the game.
    ZombieHunterOG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#23  Edited By ZombieHunterOG

I HAVE SETH!!!!!!! OWNED 

:P

Gunner_Thor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#24  Edited By Gunner_Thor
    @ZombieHunter said:
    "I HAVE SETH!!!!!!! OWNED    :P "
    man, I finally got bored enough to unlock Seth this weekend.  He'll be my joke character

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.