Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Street Fighter IV

Game » consists of 9 releases. Released Jul 18, 2008

After nearly a decade in hiatus, Capcom's signature mainline fighting game series resurfaces with its fourth main installment, combining the traditional 2D gameplay with modern fully-3D graphics.

I Hate Street Fighter (But Why Can't I Stop!?) -- Brief Venting

xxizzypop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 1

Edited By xxizzypop

God damn it. God damn it all to hell. I hate this game. I hate it with a fucking passion. I've never been good at fighting games, and I've usually made it a point to stay away from them after the vicious beatings that I used to receive back in the days of MK3. But for some reason, for some stupid reason, I made an executive decision to pick up SFIV. What harm could come of it? 

The harm that can come from it is my overwhelming rage for everything that this game represents. I am not good at this game. But I wish I was. I want to be able to go online and enjoy myself as I face off against reasonably matched opponents. Scratch that -- at this point, I would settle for having my ass kicked by fucking ANYONE ELSE on the character roster that wasn't playing as Akuma, Ken or Ryu. I don't understand the appeal. The majority of the losses that I'm getting are simply from me trying to close the space between myself and a dude spamming Hadoken. How are you enjoying the game at this goddamn point? All you're doing is quarter circle punch for the entire fucking match. If you wanted to play a shooter, then there just so happens to be an entire market of games, just for you, outside of SF. 

I'm attempting to not sound like a pissed off elitist, but it frustrates me as a noob. I can't counter it. I can't learn to counter it. I can't close the gap. I like Chun-Li. I like punching dudes. That's why I'm playing a fighter. But for some reason, the only matches that I can end up in online are against those who build shrines to the fireball, worship the fireball, sacrifice first-borns to the fireball. 

Fuck Akuma. Fuck Gouken. Fuck Ken. Fuck Ryu. If you main them, I probably don't like you.

xxizzypop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By xxizzypop

God damn it. God damn it all to hell. I hate this game. I hate it with a fucking passion. I've never been good at fighting games, and I've usually made it a point to stay away from them after the vicious beatings that I used to receive back in the days of MK3. But for some reason, for some stupid reason, I made an executive decision to pick up SFIV. What harm could come of it? 

The harm that can come from it is my overwhelming rage for everything that this game represents. I am not good at this game. But I wish I was. I want to be able to go online and enjoy myself as I face off against reasonably matched opponents. Scratch that -- at this point, I would settle for having my ass kicked by fucking ANYONE ELSE on the character roster that wasn't playing as Akuma, Ken or Ryu. I don't understand the appeal. The majority of the losses that I'm getting are simply from me trying to close the space between myself and a dude spamming Hadoken. How are you enjoying the game at this goddamn point? All you're doing is quarter circle punch for the entire fucking match. If you wanted to play a shooter, then there just so happens to be an entire market of games, just for you, outside of SF. 

I'm attempting to not sound like a pissed off elitist, but it frustrates me as a noob. I can't counter it. I can't learn to counter it. I can't close the gap. I like Chun-Li. I like punching dudes. That's why I'm playing a fighter. But for some reason, the only matches that I can end up in online are against those who build shrines to the fireball, worship the fireball, sacrifice first-borns to the fireball. 

Fuck Akuma. Fuck Gouken. Fuck Ken. Fuck Ryu. If you main them, I probably don't like you.

Dan_CiTi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By Dan_CiTi

Stop posting in the vanilla SFIV forums please. And Gouken and Ken are pretty bad in SFIV, at least Gouken. 

Supermarius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Supermarius
    @Dan_CiTi said:
    " Stop posting in the vanilla SFIV forums please. And Gouken and Ken are pretty bad in SFIV, at least Gouken.  "
    Why can't he post in the correct forum for the game he is talking about? If you look at the OP's achievement you can clearly see that he is playing SFIV and not Super.
    xxizzypop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By xxizzypop

I'm pretty sure he's making the request out of the fact that it's a horrible quality post in the first place and because I'm an ignorant Street Fighter player, rather than saying that I'm just in the wrong forum. But I appreciate the support. 

dpedal1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#5  Edited By dpedal1

Dude, I know exactly how you feel.  I want to be good at SFIV also, but I just can't hold my own online.  I ended up making my way through the single player one character at a time, amping up the difficulty slowly as I got more comfortable with each character.  I started to enjoy the game when I was able to let go of the high level play with this game.  I am in awe of people that can pull of the crazy stuff you see, but for me, I just need to sit back and enjoy myself.

NTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#6  Edited By NTM

Am I the only one that's pretty good at fighting games in general in yet dislikes SFIV? I think the art style makes or breaks a game for me. Most of the time.
    Plasma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#7  Edited By Plasma

Dont play SFIV then, that game is about spacing, they are playing it right, YOU are playing it wrong.

Play 3s, you can parry fireballs, and only characters like Urien really use projectiles outside of EX. 3s online is coming.

Play Tekken, no fireballs, its ALL about punching dudes. Tekken 6 still has a big online presence.

Play KOF, 2002UM is coming out soon for XBL, and XIII is coming sometime after that. Fireballs do exist, but they are less important for a number of reasons 

Maybe even play Blazblu or Guilty gear, or even Melty Blood. What i'm trying to say it, SFIV is NOT the only fighting game ever made. Alot of fighting games exist that dont rely of spacing via projectiles. You just don't know.

Baillie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#8  Edited By Baillie

I main Ken, but you'll very rarely see me throw a fireball.

mwng

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By mwng
    @Plasma said:
    " Dont play SFIV then, that game is about spacing, they are playing it right, YOU are playing it wrong. Play 3s, you can parry fireballs, and only characters like Urien really use projectiles outside of EX. 3s online is coming. Play Tekken, no fireballs, its ALL about punching dudes. Tekken 6 still has a big online presence. Play KOF, 2002UM is coming out soon for XBL, and XIII is coming sometime after that. Fireballs do exist, but they are less important for a number of reasons  Maybe even play Blazblu or Guilty gear, or even Melty Blood. What i'm trying to say it, SFIV is NOT the only fighting game ever made. Alot of fighting games exist that dont rely of spacing via projectiles. You just don't know. "
    I'm with this guy, infact, Tekken X Street Fighter offers the best of both the worlds you described. SIDE STEP THOSE FIREBALLS WITH CHUN-LI.
    Baillie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Baillie
    @Plasma: Pah, you're actually recommending Takken 6?  

Hahaha.
    scarace360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By scarace360

If you dont like it dont play it.

Plasma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#12  Edited By Plasma
    @Baillie: Yes, i'm recommending the most popular arcade game in Japan and Korea. Tekken is fantastic, better than SFIV, although obviously not as good as decent 2D fighters such as 3s, CvS2 or any of the good SNK fighters. 
    Baillie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Baillie
    @Plasma: Tekken 6? You're actually rating that piece of garbage? Tekken ain't had any class since Tag. Now tag, that was the best fighting game ever,

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.