Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Street Fighter IV

Game » consists of 9 releases. Released Jul 18, 2008

After nearly a decade in hiatus, Capcom's signature mainline fighting game series resurfaces with its fourth main installment, combining the traditional 2D gameplay with modern fully-3D graphics.

I Have A Problem...

PureRok

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By PureRok

And I need help.

You see, I use the arcade stick cross-armed (see image at bottom). This creates a problem. I can do the motions just fine this way, but I'm stuck doing hard kick, hard punch, and medium punch only (with the occasional light punch).

This makes it difficult for me to do combos, as is probably evident. However, if I use the stick normally I have problems doing the motions correctly, and I carry over the bad habit of only doing "hard" attacks.

So, what I'm looking for is tips/advice on how to use the stick normally. Like, how to hold the stick with your left hand, best placement for your right hand, etc.

Image referenced above:

No Caption Provided
    AniMoney

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By AniMoney

Seth Killian plays cross-handed too I believe. I think it's called dragon style. 

Didn't ultima have a vid on holding sticks?

lordofultima

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 9

#3  Edited By lordofultima

Well Seth Killian the famous "clothhand" holds his stick cross-handed just fine, and he does lots of light attacks. If you yourself can't hit the light attacks it may be better for you to switch to normal style, since light attacks are the foundation of Street Fighter. I have a video of some ways to hold the stick, take what you will from it. 

demontium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 5

#4  Edited By demontium
    @lordofultima said:
    " Well Seth Killian the famous "clothhand" holds his stick cross-handed just fine, and he does lots of light attacks. If you yourself can't hit the light attacks it may be better for you to switch to normal style, since light attacks are the foundation of Street Fighter. I have a video of some ways to hold the stick, take what you will from it. 

"
    I love the title "talentless prick" 

Dude I love all your videos so much

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.