Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Street Fighter IV

Game » consists of 9 releases. Released Jul 18, 2008

After nearly a decade in hiatus, Capcom's signature mainline fighting game series resurfaces with its fourth main installment, combining the traditional 2D gameplay with modern fully-3D graphics.

I'm Going to Go Buy This Game....

Vinchenzo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 30

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By Vinchenzo

Fellow bombs that are giant, I have decided to finally buy SF IV. I kept holding back because fighting games make me punch my floor, which is carpet, which gives me rug burn. No good. But I have to be a part of the fun, I've noticed so many people enjoying the game.

So these are official sign-ups to kick my ass this week.

• Send a friend request to my gamertag. (See mini bio.)
    • Please include a message (Say you're from GB.)
    • Feel free to destroy me since I don't know how to play.
    • I'll get killed content that every game I lose counts toward an achievement.
    Dolphin_Butter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 21

#2  Edited By Dolphin_Butter

Honestly, I thought you already bought this for some reason. -_-;

Vinchenzo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Vinchenzo
    Sleepy_Insomniac said:
    "Honestly, I thought you already bought this for some reason. -_-;"
    Why's that?
    Dolphin_Butter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 21

#4  Edited By Dolphin_Butter
    Vinchenzo said:
    Sleepy_Insomniac said:
    "Honestly, I thought you already bought this for some reason. -_-;"
    "Why's that?"
    It just seemed like the sort of game that's up your alley. Anyway, I'm deterring you from the topic's intent.
    Avatar image for vitaminwateryum
    VitaminWaterYum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#5  Edited By VitaminWaterYum

Sent one, gt is  vitaminwateryum :)

toowalrus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#6  Edited By toowalrus

Wow Vince, that's a lot of gamerscore. You seriously went through and beat Bioshock on hard without using a vita chamber? Or do you have a sweatshop of Koreans in your basement farming you points 24/7. Or have you been using downloaded gamesav- never mind, don't ask don't tell.

Eather way, SFIV is some good fun. I've really only played seriously with Ryu, though.

Vinchenzo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Vinchenzo
    TooWalrus said:
    "Wow Vince, that's a lot of gamerscore. You seriously went through and beat Bioshock on hard without using a vita chamber? Or do you have a sweatshop of Koreans in your basement farming you points 24/7. Or have you been using downloaded gamesav- never mind, don't ask don't tell.Eather way, SFIV is some good fun. I've really only played seriously with Ryu, though."
    Well then come kick my ass.

As for gamesaveing, I don't do anything "illegal". No modded Xbox or anything, just a big-time gamer and part-time loser.
    toowalrus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By toowalrus

Yeah yeah, I'll send you the friend request, but I refuse to attach a message!

Avatar image for adamantiumfiend
    adamantiumfiend

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#9  Edited By adamantiumfiend

welcome to the wonderful world of SFIV...make sure to check out dan :)

JJOR64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

#10  Edited By JJOR64
    adamantiumfiend said:
    "welcome to the wonderful world of SFIV...make sure to check out dan :)"
    And watch out for Ken's Dragonpunch.
    Vinchenzo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Vinchenzo

I just got home with it. Once I'm done with my delicious hot dog and fries from Portillo's I'm going to try it out.

SpaceInsomniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By SpaceInsomniac

It's a damn shame this game is pretty much the only fighter I've played in the last several years that doesn't let more than two people enjoy the game at one time.  With the existence of this thread, I'm guessing your dance card will be full for a while.  If it doesn't turn out that way, feel free to send me a friend request.  Same gamertag as the forum name.

JJOR64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#13  Edited By JJOR64
    Vinchenzo said:
    "I just got home with it. Once I'm done with my delicious hot dog and fries from Portillo's I'm going to try it out."
    Can I have some fries?  Pretty please with sugar on top.
    Vinchenzo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Vinchenzo

If anyone wants to teach me the basics, I'm totally up for it. I got my ass handed to me by 2 players, and in arcade on "Easiest" before I gave up. Going to go check out out some tactics, I was playing as Chun-li and a lot of crap was "charge". Which I did some successfully but others I had a lot of problems. Confusing as hell.

I'm way too used to Soul Calibur, a much more accessible fighter. Hopefully my time invested in SF IV pays off.

LiquidPrince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#15  Edited By LiquidPrince

If I had the 360 version, I'd face you.

jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 9

#16  Edited By jakob187

Vinster...

1. Go throught the Challenge modes for combos and such.  This will give you a basic understanding of how some things work.
    2. Training works wonders.  Once you feel confident that you can pull moves off quickly and well, then go into Arcade.
    3. Play on Easiest and incrementally work your way up.
    4. If all else fails, play as Ken.
    Seriously, just give it some time and you'll get the hang of it.
    mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 6

#17  Edited By mike
    Avatar image for addictedtopinescent
    addictedtopinescent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

MB said:
    ""
    you did that yourself ?
    Cool chart anyway XD
    jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 9

#19  Edited By jakob187

Hilariously accurate chart is more like it!  lol

carlthenimrod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#20  Edited By carlthenimrod

Get a arcade stick or gamepad to go along with it. Doing the special moves are next to impossible with the 360 controller.

toowalrus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By toowalrus

Ha, I just got on Street Fighter for the first time in a month. Turns out I can still win, but I've realized that I'm apparently the super-cheap fighter that losers are always whining about. Vince! Get back online, man, if you want to get good at this game, you've got to learn to beat players like me!

LackLuster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#22  Edited By LackLuster
    Vinchenzo said:
    "Fellow bombs that are giant, I have decided to finally buy SF IV. I kept holding back because fighting games make me punch my floor, which is carpet, which gives me rug burn. No good. But I have to be a part of the fun

This is the exact same thing that I did and my fists are covered in rug burn from it and I still suck
    Scooper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Scooper
    carlthenimrod said:
    "Get a arcade stick or gamepad to go along with it. Doing the special moves are next to impossible with the 360 controller."
    Just go into options and attach all 3 kicks to Right trigger and all 3 punches to Left Trigger you peanut.
    Karmum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 1

#24  Edited By Karmum
    Vinchenzo said:
    "TooWalrus said:
    "Wow Vince, that's a lot of gamerscore. You seriously went through and beat Bioshock on hard without using a vita chamber? Or do you have a sweatshop of Koreans in your basement farming you points 24/7. Or have you been using downloaded gamesav- never mind, don't ask don't tell.Eather way, SFIV is some good fun. I've really only played seriously with Ryu, though."
    Well then come kick my ass.As for gamesaveing, I don't do anything "illegal". No modded Xbox or anything, just a big-time gamer and part-time loser."
    I'm apart of that club, I enhanced alot of stats in NCAA 08, 09, and Madden 08 and 09 to get easy achievements.
    carlthenimrod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By carlthenimrod
    Scooper said:
    "carlthenimrod said:
    "Get a arcade stick or gamepad to go along with it. Doing the special moves are next to impossible with the 360 controller."
    Just go into options and attach all 3 kicks to Right trigger and all 3 punches to Left Trigger you peanut."
    I know that, that is not what I'm talking about. The D-Pad is notoriously crappy on a 360 controller. And you're the penis.
    Vinchenzo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Vinchenzo

The amount of content and skill required to get all of the achievements is ridiculous. But I'll get them... somehow.

Anyhow the offer is still up people. If you wish to fight, read my first post. Please just... lose. God damnit. LOSE.

mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By mike

I'll play you in a few weeks if you are still sticking with it by that time. Playing me or someone like Lordofultima right now would not be fun for you.

toowalrus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By toowalrus
    Vinchenzo said:
    "The amount of content and skill required to get all of the achievements is ridiculous. But I'll get them... somehow.Anyhow the offer is still up people. If you wish to fight, read my first post. Please just... lose. God damnit. LOSE."
    Great, Hey I'm still on Live, you'll probably beat me if you know how to block. (psst, it's back on the d-pad)
    Vinchenzo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Vinchenzo
    TooWalrus said:
    "Vinchenzo said:
    "The amount of content and skill required to get all of the achievements is ridiculous. But I'll get them... somehow.Anyhow the offer is still up people. If you wish to fight, read my first post. Please just... lose. God damnit. LOSE."
    Great, Hey I'm still on Live, you'll probably beat me if you know how to block. (psst, it's back on the d-pad)"
    I gotta poop. Then I'll be there. Bringing the SF IV manual with me, will come out more knowledgeable.
    shadows_kill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#30  Edited By shadows_kill
    LiquidPrince said:
    "If I had the 360 version, I'd face you."
    who do you think would win liquid? me or him if we fought (since you know how bad im at this game)

and Vinchenzo you wouldnt be the first one to buy it because of giantbomb... i did too
    Scooper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Scooper
    carlthenimrod said:
    "Scooper said:
    "carlthenimrod said:
    Just go into options and attach all 3 kicks to Right trigger and all 3 punches to Left Trigger you peanut."
    I know that, that is not what I'm talking about. The D-Pad is notoriously crappy on a 360 controller. And you're the penis."
    Why use the D-Pad, the stick is just fine for SF once you get used to it. I'd use the D-Pad for the older games because they were designed for that (well home versions anyway) but SFIV is very forgiving in the precision you need to pull off moves.

Anyway, how can double circle forward or back-forward back-forward actualy be? Well apart from Guiles' special that is such a pain for me to do instantly when I need. (ps. isn't Vega's ultra the same stick movement as Guiles'? I can't remember).
    carlthenimrod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By carlthenimrod
    Scooper said:
    "carlthenimrod said:
    "Scooper said:
    "carlthenimrod said:
    I know that, that is not what I'm talking about. The D-Pad is notoriously crappy on a 360 controller. And you're the penis."
    Why use the D-Pad, the stick is just fine for SF once you get used to it. I'd use the D-Pad for the older games because they were designed for that (well home versions anyway) but SFIV is very forgiving in the precision you need to pull off moves.Anyway, how can double circle forward or back-forward back-forward actualy be? Well apart from Guiles' special that is such a pain for me to do instantly when I need. (ps. isn't Vega's ultra the same stick movement as Guiles'? I can't remember)."
    Yea, Vega's ultra is the same as Guile. I normally play as Vega and I still mess up on his Ultras with an arcade stick.

I dunno man, I tried playing at my friend's house with a 360 controller but every time I tried to do an ultra, even the simple ones like Ryu, I would mess up and jump instead. If you can pull it off then all the power in the world to you because I couldn't figure it out for the life of me. Maybe it was because I was using the D-Pad though.
    mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By mike
    carlthenimrod said:
    I tried playing at my friend's house with a 360 controller but every time I tried to do an ultra, even the simple ones like Ryu, I would mess up and jump instead. If you can pull it off then all the power in the world to you because I couldn't figure it out for the life of me. Maybe it was because I was using the D-Pad though."
    I think it's just a matter of practice. I use a 360 controller exclusively but I play with the analog stick, not the D-pad. I do just fine, and it's gotten to the point where I have completely lost all interest in an arcade stick.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.