Is Zangief an easy character?

• 61 results
#51 Posted by czekers (17 posts) -
#52 Posted by Aljosa15 (315 posts) -

Viper is my main and playing with her for a while gets your execution up no matter what. 

To answer your question, Gief is easy when you play bad players but some characters like Ryu, Sagat, Akuma and basically anyone with a good projectile and that zones well can deal with him. He's fun to play against though.

#53 Posted by Necrotrophic (261 posts) -

apparently people just just abusing headbutt. fun
#54 Edited by dbz1995 (4790 posts) -
@Rhaknar said:

" @Stang said:

" @Rhaknar: If that is level of quality found in people you play, you need to find some new competition! "
aye :( "
Am I the only one who hears Stang's posts in my head as Captain America?

Anyway, he's one of the best at punishing people, because most of his moves take away heaps of damage.
#55 Posted by Sooty (8082 posts) -
@Renahzor said:
" Viper on the other hand is imo a footsie oriented character, and she requires a lot more mind games to land her damage than geif does.
lol Viper is not a footsie oriented character at all!! She has awful normals with the exception of her overhead.
#56 Posted by Sooty (8082 posts) -
@Necrotrophic: @Necrotrophic said:
" I think Viper is a very good character for mind games, if you arent good at that, then you cant be good at viper, which might explain why so many of them arent very good. "
Any character is pretty much good for mind games, with Viper you need to have her super jump cancels, thunder knuckle cancels and juggles down though which I think makes her by far the most difficult character to play.
#57 Posted by Necrotrophic (261 posts) -
@Ygg said:
" @Necrotrophic: @Necrotrophic said:
" I think Viper is a very good character for mind games, if you arent good at that, then you cant be good at viper, which might explain why so many of them arent very good. "
Any character is pretty much good for mind games, with Viper you need to have her super jump cancels, thunder knuckle cancels and juggles down though which I think makes her by far the most difficult character to play. "
Yes, you can play mind games with anyone. The difference is, Viper is better suited for someone who wants to do that.  Thats why she has all those cancels.
Sagat on the other hand, can get by on mostly power. Hell, weve all lost to a masher.  Most  of the top tier chars can get by on flowcharting alone. The  fact that they exist in every grade of the game means they can definitely beat a lot of people this way.

you cant mash with viper. I tried it when I first had the game when I  was trying to get all the endings. She doesnt have a goto move
#58 Posted by Scooper (7881 posts) -
@Necrotrophic said:
" @Ygg said:
" @Necrotrophic: @Necrotrophic said:
Any character is pretty much good for mind games, with Viper you need to have her super jump cancels, thunder knuckle cancels and juggles down though which I think makes her by far the most difficult character to play. "
Yes, you can play mind games with anyone. The difference is, Viper is better suited for someone who wants to do that.  Thats why she has all those cancels. Sagat on the other hand, can get by on mostly power. Hell, weve all lost to a masher.  Most  of the top tier chars can get by on flowcharting alone. The  fact that they exist in every grade of the game means they can definitely beat a lot of people this way. you cant mash with viper. I tried it when I first had the game when I  was trying to get all the endings. She doesnt have a goto move "
I get what you're saying. If you wanna win with play alot of these top tier guys then you can get by on pretty lame low skill flowchart nonsense and still get some wins (well at least online), but if you wanna play any kind of Viper and win you've got to be on point. I understand that. I mean, who's ever lost to a starting Viper, no one has. I bet everyone's lost to a random mashing Sagat a few times, though.
#59 Posted by Stang (4726 posts) -
@dbz1995: If Captain America is a mentally disturbed alcoholic, then yes, that is me you hear.
#60 Posted by sho76und3wd (148 posts) -

OHHHHHHHHHHH YEAAAAAA!

#61 Posted by lordofultima (6280 posts) -
@Ygg: footsies goes much deeper than having good normals.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.