Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Street Fighter IV

Game » consists of 9 releases. Released Jul 18, 2008

After nearly a decade in hiatus, Capcom's signature mainline fighting game series resurfaces with its fourth main installment, combining the traditional 2D gameplay with modern fully-3D graphics.

Keyboard Madness!

This topic is locked from further discussion.

lordofultima

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 9

Edited By lordofultima

Me and SpecialBuddy decided to record some PC matches, to show the standard lag that we experience on PC, and to show off our keyboard skillzzzzz! Ten matches in total, there are a couple winners here, of course I beat him 10-0 (he ragequit once, what a scrubpants). Yep, never playing PC online again. I recorded skype chatter for your convenience. Enjoy. 

lordofultima

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By lordofultima

Me and SpecialBuddy decided to record some PC matches, to show the standard lag that we experience on PC, and to show off our keyboard skillzzzzz! Ten matches in total, there are a couple winners here, of course I beat him 10-0 (he ragequit once, what a scrubpants). Yep, never playing PC online again. I recorded skype chatter for your convenience. Enjoy. 

nanikore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By nanikore

Youtube spam. 

Locked.

baelrrogg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

#3  Edited By baelrrogg
    @nanikore: LMFAO 

This is a post by a mod....and doesn't constitute spam as it's relevant to the forum/thread
    Jeffsekai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#4  Edited By Jeffsekai
    @nanikore said:
    " Youtube spam.  Locked. "
    Shut up.

I like how you can hear my audio as well xD
    frankxiv

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#5  Edited By frankxiv

technically a keyboard isn't too different from a fightstick right? just a key for every direction, instead of a stick. the dpad of the fightstick world i guess.

Hamz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#6  Edited By Hamz

Thanks for that loltima. Your video was so l33t it caused this old laptops display drivers to stop working. Truly sir your video editing skills are on par with your Akuma skills!

lordofultima

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By lordofultima
    @Hamz said:

" Thanks for that loltima. Your video was so l33t it caused this old laptops display drivers to stop working. Truly sir your video editing skills are on par with your Akuma skills! "

See that, told you I was godlike. 

@nanikore

said:

Welcome to the Street Fighter forums. 

@onimonkii said:

" technically a keyboard isn't too different from a fightstick right? just a key for every direction, instead of a stick. the dpad of the fightstick world i guess. "

I don't see the analogy, 4 arrow keys for eight directions, it's not like a joystick or a d-pad, it's just awful. Joystick has 8 independent directions. On a keyboard it isn't like you're doing motions, just hitting keys in a specific order. A 360/720 motion is near impossible on keyboard.
    Stang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Stang
    @lordofultima: You should use a keyboard more often, so godlike!
    nanikore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By nanikore
    @lordofultima said:
    @nanikore said:

Welcome to the Street Fighter forums. "
    Thank you, but if you continue spamming like this, I'm going to have to suspend you.
    frankxiv

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By frankxiv
    @lordofultima said:

@onimonkii said:

" technically a keyboard isn't too different from a fightstick right? just a key for every direction, instead of a stick. the dpad of the fightstick world i guess. "

I don't see the analogy, 4 arrow keys for eight directions, it's not like a joystick or a d-pad, it's just awful. Joystick has 8 independent directions. On a keyboard it isn't like you're doing motions, just hitting keys in a specific order. A 360/720 motion is near impossible on keyboard. "
    it depends i guess, if the game only recognizes those 4 directions anyways, it's no different. if you're cut from 8 to 4 that would be simplified and take some getting used to, but there should be an option made available to use the numpad or wqazxcde for 8 directions. it's not really liek there's a lack of buttons to make an elegant solution for it.

and as i understand it on a keyboard you use wasd to move? would that not be a 360, to hit wasdw, or rebind to make that easier? it doesn't sound like it's fundamentally flawed, you're just used to a different feel than it offers. i've never played a fighting game on a keyboard, but if the developer put in the time to make it a pc game, i could see it working.

i guess what i mean is, when you're using a stick, what you are doing is essentially the same, actual input wise. you're moving a stick to a direction to "hit that key". on a keyboard to me it seems like you just remove the stick element, so it should end up being more precise.
    lordofultima

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By lordofultima
    @onimonkii said:
    " @lordofultima said:

@onimonkii said:

I don't see the analogy, 4 arrow keys for eight directions, it's not like a joystick or a d-pad, it's just awful. Joystick has 8 independent directions. On a keyboard it isn't like you're doing motions, just hitting keys in a specific order. A 360/720 motion is near impossible on keyboard. "
    it depends i guess, if the game only recognizes those 4 directions anyways, it's no different. if you're cut from 8 to 4 that would be simplified and take some getting used to, but there should be an option made available to use the numpad or wqazxcde for 8 directions. it's not really liek there's a lack of buttons to make an elegant solution for it.  and as i understand it on a keyboard you use wasd to move? would that not be a 360, to hit wasdw, or rebind to make that easier? it doesn't sound like it's fundamentally flawed, you're just used to a different feel than it offers. i've never played a fighting game on a keyboard, but if the developer put in the time to make it a pc game, i could see it working.  i guess what i mean is, when you're using a stick, what you are doing is essentially the same, actual input wise. you're moving a stick to a direction to "hit that key". on a keyboard to me it seems like you just remove the stick element, so it should end up being more precise. "
    There are 8 directions, not 4. You have to hit two keys simultaneously to form a diagonal direction. So a chicken wing motion on standard arrow key layout would be, A+S, S, S+D, D, D+W, and the joystick would just be doing a half circle motion from corner to corner. A 360 motion would be all 8 directions, so technically it would be something like A, A+S, S, S+D, D, D+W, W, W+A -- of course there are shortcuts so you only need 6 inputs for an SPD, but that's still pretty ridiculous. Then when you try to do a 720 motion, yeah. If you used four fingers in the arrows I would maybe be able to grasp it a bit better, but it's much less efficient either way.
    frankxiv

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By frankxiv

fair enough. in any case, does the pc version not recognize a 360 fightstick like it would a wired pad?

Jeffsekai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Jeffsekai
    @onimonkii said:
    " fair enough. in any case, does the pc version not recognize a 360 fightstick like it would a wired pad? "
    No it does.
    frankxiv

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By frankxiv

ah good to know.

lordofultima

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By lordofultima
    @onimonkii said:
    " fair enough. in any case, does the pc version not recognize a 360 fightstick like it would a wired pad? "
    Yeah it does, we just made a lame choice to play keyboard, that and I can't use a mic while my arcade stick is plugged in, because my mic messes up. It's a mystery.
    Driadon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#16  Edited By Driadon

I don't know why you get so much lag. From what I've played of both the PC and PS3, I get much better connections over the PC version.
     The only thing I can think of is your framerate is going down because your settings are too high and programs open in the background are eating up performance...

lordofultima

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By lordofultima
    @Driadon said:

" I don't know why you get so much lag. From what I've played of both the PC and PS3, I get much better connections over the PC version.  The only thing I can think of is your framerate is going down because your settings are too high and programs open in the background are eating up performance... "

Settings are too high, which is why it runs 60fps while recording footage offline? Nopers. It's the PC shitstorm of netcode. Didn't know I needed fiber optics to run an online game.
    AniMoney

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By AniMoney

truly high level play right here, you guys should enter the Japan National Tournament.

Scooper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#19  Edited By Scooper

Stupid nonsense.

Gambit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#20  Edited By Gambit

EPIC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

lordofultima

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By lordofultima

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.