Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Street Fighter IV

Game » consists of 9 releases. Released Jul 18, 2008

After nearly a decade in hiatus, Capcom's signature mainline fighting game series resurfaces with its fourth main installment, combining the traditional 2D gameplay with modern fully-3D graphics.

List your Street Fighter Forum User Encounters

• 123 results
    foodchaiNN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By foodchaiNN

So far ive only gotten to fight:

special buddy: Who uses Gen like a true master but vulnerable with other characters.
    Symphony: Who has a very nice Chun-Li but my Guile makes her pms early
    Gremp: Who I believe mains Gouken but Sagat put him in his spot along with Guile.

FluxWaveZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#2  Edited By FluxWaveZ

I'm sure many people on these forums have gone against many other users, especially with the Go For Broke Xbox 360 tourneys we had.  I've gone against many so I don't really remember each one.

Stang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By Stang

I've played pretty much everybody that is on the 360. Just gotta ask, you consider Hedgehog vulnerable with other characters?

foodchaiNN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By foodchaiNN
    @Stang said:

" I've played pretty much everybody that is on the 360. Just gotta ask, you consider Hedgehog vulnerable with other characters? "

yes I do. I did beat him a couple of matches out of the 5 we had so i guess so. I think for my level of play.. his Gen is ridiculously good and the only character I close on Gen with was Seth but somehow out connection fucked so I cant count that. Stang, I know youre a good player and all but I hope this isnt another one of your "take up for him" times where you feel nobody has a right to say tristen isnt invincible.
    eroticfishcake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#5  Edited By eroticfishcake
    @foodchaiNN said:  
    "Symphony: Who has a very nice Chun-Li but my Guile makes her pms early"
    You're asking for a beating there. Seriously, I know what it feels like (getting beaten up by a girl that is).
    foodchaiNN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By foodchaiNN
    @eroticfishcake: LOL!!! hey now dont get me wrong.. Symphony is a powerhouse no doubt and has a nice wide range of characters hes fond of playing.
    Stang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Stang
    @foodchaiNN: He is a big boy, he can defend himself. We are all human, and lose accordingly. I just asked because his other characters put my other characters to shame.

Pro tip, if you want to make him cry, pick Blanka.

Pro tip 2, I am pretty sure Symphony is a she.
    eroticfishcake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By eroticfishcake
    @foodchaiNN: Wouldn't that make her more dangerous? Listen, take a shotgun and keep it close to you. It won't stop her but at least it'll make you feel safer. It's been nice knowing you...
    foodchaiNN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By foodchaiNN
    @Stang said:

" @foodchaiNN: He is a big boy, he can defend himself. We are all human, and lose accordingly. I just asked because his other characters put my other characters to shame.  Pro tip, if you want to make him cry, pick Blanka.  Pro tip 2, I am pretty sure Symphony is a she. "

LOL! I like you Stang.. I like ya. I had no idea Symphony was a female, and I so apologize for the "making Chun-li pms early". I dont know if i'll play tristen again.. his PC isnt up with the times to handle a stable game of sf4 on it I think.
    Stang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Stang
    @foodchaiNN: Well, it is natural to like somebody that has rugged good looks like I do. It is the price I pay for being pretty.
    Renahzor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 3

#11  Edited By Renahzor

lets see

I fought stang who irritatingly didn't play a flowchart ken, but rather proceeded to crossup tatsu me in the face.  Last time we went 4-5 with him coming out on top(no homo).

Then i fought Fluxwave who played rog and some other characters, i think his other chatacter choices not included we went about 8-8 rog/cammy and with them it was 10-9 or something.  

Always very fun games, much better than playing randoms in champ mode.

ImperiousRix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 45

User Lists: 4

#12  Edited By ImperiousRix

Gosh, I can't even remember everybody I've fought.

I know I've gone against Specialbuddy and Gambit a bunch, where in I used to be able to pretty much split the matches with Gambit and Specialbuddy would end up taking a majority of them.  I've also fought Purerok a couple times, and LordofUltima once on the horrendous failure that was the last GFB tourney.  Overall, everybody's really good, and have probably FAR eclipsed me since I've moved on to other games while they have stuck with it.

kmdrkul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By kmdrkul

I've, uh, lost against everyone I've played on these forums except two people I think. 

eroticfishcake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By eroticfishcake

I actually thought you were talking about Symphony instead of Chun-Li. Symphony'll still kick the shit outta you though.

foodchaiNN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By foodchaiNN
    @eroticfishcake said:
    " I actually thought you were talking about Symphony instead of Chun-Li. Symphony'll still kick the shit outta you though. "
    with a small mma training history I possess, shes just as good as a man if she steps into the octagon hehe!
    SpecialBuddy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#16  Edited By SpecialBuddy
    @foodchaiNN: Well my computer was dropping frames like a mad man. Im still trying to find the settings that make it run without any lag or frame rate drops. That being said I really don't care about my pc version because on my xbox I have everyone unlocked and I dont have to worry about frame rate drops, just lag online. I play other characters I just didnt have any of them unlocked on the pc version.

Lastly I dont know anything about the Seth vs Gen match up. So you kind of took me by surprise cause I'm the one usually playing Seth. :P
    lordofultima

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 9

#17  Edited By lordofultima

I thought this would be like, famous/tournament level players list or something, but just Giantbomb members? Yeah probably most from the go for broke tournaments, although I was only in two of them so my actual GB user experience is limited, weird.

Only ones I remember:

Gambit: Beat his face when he played Cammy, he switched to Ryu and got pretty solid, though.
    Jacob187: Fought his cammy a bit back in the day.
    SpecialBuddy: Fuck fucking gen. And anyone else that he beats me by a significant margin with, but mostly Gen.
    Stang: Only fought stang once, he beasted me. (BTW West said your Ken was very simple but that he couldn't wrap his head around how to beat you, he didn't sandbag)
    FluxWaveZ: Only once @ goforbroke, I won one round, he won two.
    EightBitWarrior: Good friend of mine, doesn't play much now but when it first came out he had general SF experience and dominated me. He plays Balrog/Dhalsim
    ImperiousRix: Beat his Vega in a comeback set at the go for broke tournament that failed mid-way.
    PureRok: at the team tournament, beat him (barely if I recall).
    HairyMike87: The launch tournament I held, he DESTROYED me. I didn't know much about this game then. He was turtling.
    Darro: Not good at Street fighter, played him in my launch tournament. Good guy though.
    Dion720: Beat his cammy in my launch tournament, they were close matches but watching that video now makes me laugh at how bad I was.

foodchaiNN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By foodchaiNN
    @lordofultima said:

" I thought this would be like, famous/tournament level players list or something, but just Giantbomb members? Yeah probably most from the go for broke tournaments, although I was only in two of them so my actual GB user experience is limited, weird.

If youre a highly respected famous/tournament player then I doubt i'd see GB post honestly. SRK i can see that without a doubt and I do not have any go for broke tournament experience with you guys so I asked a simple question. I do appreciate your easy to do feedback as meant and encouraged for this thread lordofultima.

foodchaiNN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By foodchaiNN
    @SpecialBuddy said:
    " @foodchaiNN: Well my computer was dropping frames like a mad man. Im still trying to find the settings that make it run without any lag or frame rate drops. That being said I really don't care about my pc version because on my xbox I have everyone unlocked and I dont have to worry about frame rate drops, just lag online. I play other characters I just didnt have any of them unlocked on the pc version.  Lastly I dont know anything about the Seth vs Gen match up. So you kind of took me by surprise cause I'm the one usually playing Seth. :P "
    Your Seth is nice. I played another Seth yesterday that was absolutely brutal.. he had to be a high ranking player somewhere in this universe with those skills. I can help you unlock those characters for pc with the snap of my finger. There is a widely known tool that permanently unlocks your fighters and colors/medals/tags etc. for you. its call the "Mega Unlocker". works and easy to do.
    TheGremp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By TheGremp
    @foodchaiNN: lol, I mostly main Ryu, but I've been training with Gouken...  So far, I've amounted to a punching bag with him, though. 

foodchaiNN: Mostly played as the two characters I really suck against, (Guile and Sagat), so I was pretty much a sitting duck.  Guile just overwhelms me when I fight him. lol  
    Symphony: Beat me up pretty bad.  I was actually pretty proud of those very few rounds I managed to win, but the fact that she was good with so many characters was impressive.
    lordofultima

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By lordofultima
    @foodchaiNN: Well I'm just saying, much cooler having a list of pro players that you've played.

Mine would be like

FourWude (Adeel)
    Dr. Chaos
    J.R. RODRIGUEZ
    West (pro enough in my book)
    Dae
    foodchaiNN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By foodchaiNN
    @lordofultima said:
    " @foodchaiNN: Well I'm just saying, much cooler having a list of pro players that you've played.  Mine would be like  FourWude (Adeel) Dr. Chaos J.R. RODRIGUEZ West (pro enough in my book) Dae "
    yeh but if you stand a foot back and look.. what do you get in reward of playing guys who play street fighter good? Im a music producer and I ive worked for huge names such as Soulja Boy, Goldie, Lil Wayne and more.. who cares.
    Scooper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#23  Edited By Scooper
    @foodchaiNN said:
    " @lordofultima said:
    " @foodchaiNN: Well I'm just saying, much cooler having a list of pro players that you've played.  Mine would be like  FourWude (Adeel) Dr. Chaos J.R. RODRIGUEZ West (pro enough in my book) Dae "
    yeh but if you stand a foot back and look.. what do you get in reward of playing guys who play street fighter good? Im a music producer and I ive worked for huge names such as Soulja Boy, Goldie, Lil Wayne and more.. who cares. "
    You've worked for Souja Boy and Souja Boy works for me!
    Stang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Stang
    @lordofultima: Yeah, me and West are pretty much even to this point. One day I beat him like 11-1....I think he was drunk or some shit, something was just not right. Last night we had an epic mash fest, Napalm would have been proud.

But simple ken :( My problem lies in the fact I am still trying to figure out how to effectively fight a good Akuma, he is no doubt the best I have ever faced. Add to that I basically have no real answer to his wake up, I am fighting a tough battle. I have the same problem with Hedgehog, I have to stick to the basics, getting cute will get me smoked.

My stick is fucked at the moment, but when I replace the buttons AGAIN we should get our rematch in Ultima.

edit

Is Dae a Chun? If so he beat my ass 5-3 the other night. Sickest Chun I have seen, ever.
    lordofultima

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By lordofultima
    @foodchaiNN: Well, there's certainly less than no reward for playing people on GiantBomb, IMO. You get plenty of reward for playing amazing players, experience, knowledge..

@Stang: Yeah, Dae is that sick west coast chun, he's known for taking off his shirt at tournaments when it gets hype, it's pretty funny.
    napalm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By napalm
    @Stang said:
    " @lordofultima: Yeah, me and West are pretty much even to this point. One day I beat him like 11-1....I think he was drunk or some shit, something was just not right. Last night we had an epic mash fest, Napalm would have been proud. "
    Haha, am I missing something, here?
    Stang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Stang
    @Napalm: Have you ever read your posts that complain about shoto's? Well, we were that stereotype for a while last night. He pulled a JR and mashed a demon whilst I was comboing, and I was mashing srk at every opportunity. I even did a 1/4 screen away ultra, it was awesome. There is no doubt we both grew as players from those matches.
    Jeffsekai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#28  Edited By Jeffsekai
    @Stang said: 

MASHING LIKE YOU DID IN YOUR REPLAY OH WHAT NOW SON!
    foodchaiNN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By foodchaiNN
    @lordofultima said:
    " @foodchaiNN: Well, there's certainly less than no reward for playing people on GiantBomb, IMO. You get plenty of reward for playing amazing players, experience, knowledge..

@Stang: Yeah, Dae is that sick west coast chun, he's known for taking off his shirt at tournaments when it gets hype, it's pretty funny. "
    Stang, you are so one sided sometimes its pathetic. Experience and knowledge is definitely something i'd enjoy too but its nothing new to me to witness people here miss very simple points about a discussion. I just think you need to get SF4 for pc and lets duke it out Stang... im tired of your mouth !!! LOL :P
    Stang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Stang
    @Jeffsekai: Haha, yeah I did, can't lie. I also hit a lot of random buttons when I get knocked down, I am sure that looks weird. But, unlike most people, I did it with 2 bars. There is the difference. I don't even think the srk got through. You will rarely see me throwing srk's against anybody unless I have the meter to cancel.

Remember that mashed Viper ultra I got on you? THAT SHIT WAS FUNNY.
    Stang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Stang
    @foodchaiNN: Hey dummy, Ultima said that, not me. Learn to read big guy, ok? I would go off on you, but I have learned my lesson from before.

edit

You think you can take down the mighty Ken Masters? Hmmm....
    napalm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By napalm
    @Stang said:
    " @Napalm: Have you ever read your posts that complain about shoto's? Well, we were that stereotype for a while last night. He pulled a JR and mashed a demon whilst I was comboing, and I was mashing srk at every opportunity. I even did a 1/4 screen away ultra, it was awesome. There is no doubt we both grew as players from those matches. "
    Oh yeah, mashing shotos. I hate those fuckers, haha.
    Scooper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Scooper
    @Jeffsekai said:
    " @Stang said:   MASHING LIKE YOU DID IN YOUR REPLAY OH WHAT NOW SON! "
    Oh God, you won't wanna see what my replay looks like. It's embarrassing that I was like that towards the end of G3. I wish I could record another match to replace that one but I don't know how to ;'(
    foodchaiNN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By foodchaiNN
    @Stang said:

" @foodchaiNN: Hey dummy, Ultima said that, not me. Learn to read big guy, ok? I would go off on you, but I have learned my lesson from before.  edit  You think you can take down the mighty Ken Masters? Hmmm.... "

O M G ........ you called me a dummmy! :( .... bitch :( . Please go off on me on Giant Bomb forums.. please do. Like what can you say that will really hurt me or how can you show the community that your penis is large? hm..
    Stang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Stang
    @Scooper: Yeah, my replay was for like 690,000 points or something, so until I get more there is nothing I can do. I don't care though, if anybody wants to call me out, I will happily play them.

@foodchaiNN: Just pay attention. Look at the person's name that enters words. So bitch at Ultima if you have a problem.
    foodchaiNN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By foodchaiNN
    @Stang said:
    " @Scooper: Yeah, my replay was for like 690,000 points or something, so until I get more there is nothing I can do. I don't care though, if anybody wants to call me out, I will happily play them.

@foodchaiNN: Just pay attention. Look at the person's name that enters words. So bitch at Ultima if you have a problem. "
    Im far from serious about this discussion and I feel it has no need to be re-directed to someone else since im already bitching at you :)
    Stang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By Stang

I am the wrong person to bitch at, especially since you obviously don't have the reading level required to match name's with post's. I am just going to ignore your posts from now on, so don't waste your time.

Scooper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By Scooper
    @Stang said:

" I am the wrong person to bitch at, especially since you obviously don't have the reading level required to match name's with post's. I am just going to ignore your posts from now on, so don't waste your time. "

Errr. I don't wish to intrude but errr... Hey Stang *HEH* you ermmm... mistakingly put an apostrophe in 'names' and 'posts'.... errrr... I think it's best if you left these forums errrr... yeah.

Stang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By Stang
    @Scooper: How dare you correct me sir. English is my second language, I was born in Nigeria. I am paying half attention to this and other half is doing a sloppy workout, so excuuuuse me.
    Scooper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By Scooper
    @Stang said:

" @Scooper: How dare you correct me sir. English is my second language, I was born in Nigeria. I am paying half attention to this and other half is doing a sloppy workout, so excuuuuse me. "

It took me reading twice to understand what you meant in the last half of your post.

You're a bad person.
    Jeffsekai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By Jeffsekai
    @Scooper said:

" @Stang said:

" I am the wrong person to bitch at, especially since you obviously don't have the reading level required to match name's with post's. I am just going to ignore your posts from now on, so don't waste your time. "

Errr. I don't wish to intrude but errr... Hey Stang *HEH* you ermmm... mistakingly put an apostrophe in 'names' and 'posts'.... errrr... I think it's best if you left these forums errrr... yeah.

"
    I know ur kidding but I think its worth saying, Stang doesn't like being dicked around with unless your a select few people....so yea.
    Stang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By Stang
    @Scooper:  <3

@Jeffsekai: You know me so well! I do have a temper I know. Only a few people get to me, Scooper isn't on of them. Enough about me, I hate threads that turn into this crap.

Thanks for inviting me to play Borderlands by the way :( Expect blood to be shed the next time we play IV.
    Jeffsekai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By Jeffsekai
    @Stang said:

I invited u to Borderlands? lol oops
    Stang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By Stang
    @Jeffsekai: No....you didn't. Guess I should of added /sarcasm! But it is ok, Blanka will have to pay for it.
    lordofultima

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By lordofultima

I could probably call Stang a bunch of names but I'm perfectly fine with Stang. WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU SAVAGE PEOPLE?!

Scooper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By Scooper

I can mock Stang because he knows I can't/don't want to back it up in SFIV cause I suck.

Stang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By Stang
    @lordofultima: Hit me with it, I won't cry! Maybe...

@Scooper: Always putting your skills down man, shame on you.
    Scooper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By Scooper

Ok I don't suck but I'm very much G2 material and I'm not shooting above it. We all know what people look like if they blow their own trumpet alot and then turn out to really suck ass: a twat.

Stang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By Stang
    @Scooper: Agreed. I know damn well I look like a twat (go ahead guys, there is your chance to shit on me) with the amount of defensive posts I have had in the past. It's all good though, at the end of the day we are playing a video game.
    Jeffsekai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By Jeffsekai
    @Stang said: 

man w.e. I dont even  wanna fight you, I can't do shit vs your fighting style idn what it is...I think when me and Canned fighter he goes easy on me but yo ur all like im gonna go for a perfect every round..it hurts :(

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.