Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Street Fighter IV

Game » consists of 9 releases. Released Jul 18, 2008

After nearly a decade in hiatus, Capcom's signature mainline fighting game series resurfaces with its fourth main installment, combining the traditional 2D gameplay with modern fully-3D graphics.

Me vs PureRok

This topic is locked from further discussion.

demontium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 5

Edited By demontium

Sorry two videos got cut because they were half filmed for no reason?! 

Anyways please offer any criticism and thanks @PureRok: It was fun! 

demontium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By demontium

Sorry two videos got cut because they were half filmed for no reason?! 

Anyways please offer any criticism and thanks @PureRok: It was fun! 

PureRok

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By PureRok

That's a lot of videos. Is there a reason there isn't any sound in the videos?

Thrawn1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3  Edited By Thrawn1

I wish everyone would stop making threads every time they record new " vs" videos

Jeffsekai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Jeffsekai

1. Stop doing random Ultras
    2. Don't just use Special Moves, learn how to use your pokes (protip Standing M.Punch is godlike)
    3.Blanka's damage mostly comes from his mix up/cross up. So unless they are punishing you every time do that. That doesn't mean just doing random crap train them to anticipate a throw, then sweep them. Train that to think you are never going to jump then go for a cross up. 
    4. Stop doing full screen Blanka balls, or staying at fullscreen/walking backwards. 
    5. Blanka has a hop for a reason use it.

Most of these things can also apply to PureRok.  This is stuff im seeing as a Blanka player. Theirs prolly a lot more.

Stang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#5  Edited By Stang

Random special move fighter IV! Only watched the first 3 at this point, and both of you rely on special moves far too much. Cammy can get away with it because her recovery is insane, but full screen blanka balls will get you set on your ass against high level players. Not bad play, but you guys should incorporate more pokes into your game.

demontium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By demontium
    @Stang said:
    " Random special move fighter IV! Only watched the first 3 at this point, and both of you rely on special moves far too much. Cammy can get away with it because her recovery is insane, but full screen blanka balls will get you set on your ass against high level players. Not bad play, but you guys should incorporate more pokes into your game. "
    Dont remind me >> PureRok played way better than me, although there was a tad bit of lag tbh. 

@Jeffsekai said:
    " 1. Stop doing random Ultras 2. Don't just use Special Moves, learn how to use your pokes (protip Standing M.Punch is godlike) 3.Blanka's damage mostly comes from his mix up/cross up. So unless they are punishing you every time do that. That doesn't mean just doing random crap train them to anticipate a throw, then sweep them. Train that to think you are never going to jump then go for a cross up.  4. Stop doing full screen Blanka balls, or staying at fullscreen/walking backwards.  5. Blanka has a hop for a reason use it.  Most of these things can also apply to PureRok.  This is stuff im seeing as a Blanka player. Theirs prolly a lot more. "
    If you look at my other videos, I followed most of those rules, besides the fact that even though I think I am doing a blanka ball I am actually dashing into ultra... OOPS! 

And how the fuck did i miss the super AND ultra... musta been drunk. I know blanka's pokes, i showcased them in that video.... i just forgot to use them :P but thanks for reminding me. 

I had a whole vid on cross up electric, but I am always afraid to cross up cammy because of her cannon spike... any tips? 

@PureRok
    said:
    " That's a lot of videos. Is there a reason there isn't any sound in the videos? "
    Shame on you for only watching the first one, i had to take the audio out of it, because youtube doesnt allow that big of a file.  

@Thrawn said:
    " I wish everyone would stop making threads every time they record new " vs" videos "
    sorry
    demontium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By demontium
    @Jeffsekai: Watch video two... at the beginning i know what I am doing... then i just start playing noob-like. 

thanks for the helpful advice though, after all thats the main reason why i posted this!
    lordofultima

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 9

#8  Edited By lordofultima
    @demontium: You need better compression and format if a 3 1/2 minute video is over 500MB, let alone 2 gigs.
    demontium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By demontium
    @lordofultima said:
    " @demontium: You need better compression and format if at 3 1/2 minute video is over 500MB, let alone 2 gigs. "
    I gues I could settle for 720p? 

well wait, for bioshock 2 i hat 10 min 59 sec video in a larger format than these and it was only 1 gig.
    End_Boss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By End_Boss

Maybe you didn't need to record quite so many. 

Otherwise, good matches and @PureRok: hopefully I'll get to lose to your Cammy again someday soon.

PureRok

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#11  Edited By PureRok
    @demontium said:
    " @lordofultima said:
    " @demontium: You need better compression and format if at 3 1/2 minute video is over 500MB, let alone 2 gigs. "
    I gues I could settle for 720p?  well wait, for bioshock 2 i hat 10 min 59 sec video in a larger format than these and it was only 1 gig. "
    Use H.264 to compress. You can get the bitrate insanely low and still have a great image.

@End_Boss said:
    " Maybe you didn't need to record quite so many. 

Otherwise, good matches and @PureRok: hopefully I'll get to lose to your Cammy again someday soon. "
    Well, if we meet in Super, I'll be using Guy, so you better fight me soon!
    turbomonkey138

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By turbomonkey138

Didn't i make a thread to post these VS videos in so we didn't spam the forum 

demontium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By demontium
    @turbomonkey138 said:
    " Didn't i make a thread to post these VS videos in so we didn't spam the forum  "
    Oh, since no one posted their own videos except you on it i thought it was for you only... sorry.
    lordofultima

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By lordofultima
    @turbomonkey138 said:
    " Didn't i make a thread to post these VS videos in so we didn't spam the forum  "
    Avatar is upsidedown, your argument is invalid.
    turbomonkey138

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By turbomonkey138
    @demontium: NO i meant the community fights thread ...

@lordofultima said:

" @turbomonkey138 said:

Avatar is upsidedown, your argument is invalid. "

Its a lifestyle choice bro
    lordofultima

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By lordofultima

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.