MrJared vs The World: Play Me in SF4!

  • 195 results
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
#51 Posted by Jeffsekai (7026 posts) -

Jared is doing this again right NOW EVERYONE GET ONLINE JJOR64 is owning him ahha.
 
 
At lest get on the stream ahah Jared wants a bail out.

#52 Posted by JJOR64 (18906 posts) -

HYPE MORE MATCHES TONIGHT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#53 Posted by Thrawn1 (1340 posts) -

omg i just now loaned somebody my sfiv.....effff

#54 Posted by Apathylad (3066 posts) -

So I played three matches against Jared. I lost using Fei Long, won using Ryu, and was slaughtered using Dan. :P I used to use Dan a lot because he was the character I would rarely see online, and I found him hilarious.

#55 Edited by FluxWaveZ (19307 posts) -

Fun matches again, but this time I did soo many mistakes it's not even funny (failing to juggle the Ultra is one of them).  Maybe because I was trying to focus on the chat/video stream audio at the same time...

#56 Posted by Napalm (9020 posts) -

Jared is definitely getting warmed up again. Two days time and he already kicked my ass. :p

#57 Edited by JJOR64 (18906 posts) -

I still beat him so I guess I'm better then him.    :P

#58 Posted by FluxWaveZ (19307 posts) -
@Napalm said:
" Jared is definitely getting warmed up again. Two days time and he already kicked my ass. :p "
You call what happened there kicking your ass!?  You were owning him for the first match!  He caught up to you afterwards, but both of you were pretty damn good.  His game is recovering though, and soon I don't think we would be able to defeat him very easily.
#59 Posted by Napalm (9020 posts) -

Yes, that's what I'm thinking as well. He's still relatively cold, but once he's fully warmed up and playing fuller, he'll be whipping us all over the screen.

#60 Posted by SpecialBuddy (1110 posts) -
@Thrawn said:
" OMG I would have been so hype for this if I wasn't at a ranbat while it was going on....probably the same for specialbuddy, who I hear has pretty rough hands "
My hands might be rough now but after some lotion and a character change Ill be back in it.
#61 Posted by FluxWaveZ (19307 posts) -
@JJOR64 said:

" I still beat him so I guess I'm better then him.    :P "

You were the first match or something, right?  I missed it, but I imagine it went like yesterday's (but maybe met with a little more resistance on Jared's side).  I'm disappointed that all the other Balrogs managed to lose while I'm the only one who won (even with my stupid mistakes).
#62 Posted by Napalm (9020 posts) -

I told you, you and AniMoney are the only Balrog users.

#63 Posted by FluxWaveZ (19307 posts) -

Hm, maybe.  I'll have to train more to make sure that that statement holds true.

#64 Edited by Napalm (9020 posts) -
@FluxWaveZ said:

" Hm, maybe.  I'll have to train more to make sure that that statement holds true. "

Yeah, me too, except for Guile. I wasn't satisfied with my performance tonight, honestly. I wasn't mashing jabs in the sense that we define mashing, but I felt like I always kept resorting to mashing jabs when he was close, instead of playing smart.
#65 Posted by Stang (4726 posts) -
@Napalm said:
" I told you, you and AniMoney are the only Balrog users. "
Johny Digital has the best Rog here. No offense to Ani and Flux.
#66 Posted by JJOR64 (18906 posts) -
@Stang said:
" @Napalm said:
" I told you, you and AniMoney are the only Balrog users. "
Johny Digital has the best Rog here. No offense to Ani and Flux. "
I agree with Stang.  Johny's Rog is good.  Damn good.
#67 Posted by Napalm (9020 posts) -

He doesn't chat enough to really be considered part of this forum, no offense to him.

#68 Posted by Stang (4726 posts) -
@Napalm said:
" He doesn't chat enough to really be considered part of this forum, no offense to him. "
If you say so.

#69 Posted by AniMoney (957 posts) -

Yeah Johnny is definitely better than me. He's fun to play though.

#70 Posted by OwnlyUzinWonHan (1478 posts) -

I have the best Dan in the forums.

#71 Posted by Stang (4726 posts) -
@OwnlyUzinWonHan said:
" I have the best Dan in the forums. "
I second this.
#72 Posted by Napalm (9020 posts) -
@Stang said:
" @OwnlyUzinWonHan said:
" I have the best Dan in the forums. "
I second this. "
Shutup.
#73 Posted by MrJared (397 posts) -

Thanks again to all the folks who came by and sent me invites. It was a lot of fun! I didn't even expect to do this today, but I was cooped up in the house all day long taking care of a sick Momo (she's fine, just congested). 
 
JJOR64 definitely gives me the most problems for a few reasons. His Honda is good but its also a very bad match for Chun. If Honda knows what pokes or counters to expect, he can force a trade very reliably and with a few easy guesses he'll have a huge life lead. Also, a lot of her more reliable counters against characters with good jump-ins is cr.rh, and Honda can either splash or fp it cleanly. Also, both of those beat st.fp, so it's tough to come up with good options. 
 
I definitely appreciate being able to play him because the only Honda in NorCal is PieGuy and he's all the way up in Davis ... which I'm not going to tomorrow since Momo's sick :(  Dohhhhh.  
 
I'll try and give you all better warning the next time I do this. Its been really fun!

#74 Edited by Stang (4726 posts) -
@MrJared: Good games Jared.  
 
@Napalm said:

" @Stang said:

" @OwnlyUzinWonHan said:
" I have the best Dan in the forums. "
I second this. "
Shutup. "
Why you being so annoying lately?
#75 Posted by Napalm (9020 posts) -

Indeed, it has been fun. You should post in this topic that you're starting the stream in like 30 minutes to give everybody time to prep and open the proper links and all the shizzle stuff.

#76 Posted by JJOR64 (18906 posts) -
@MrJared: You really think my Honda is good huh?  I think I'm pretty crappy with him.  Well, I guess I would say solid.  There are many things I need to learn for Honda, but I'm slowing getting there.  Either way, fun matches though.  I loveed the hot Rufus on Rufus action we had.  :P
#77 Posted by Napalm (9020 posts) -

JJOR64 is so gay. Jared, you'll have fun beating up more on my free Guile another night.

#78 Posted by JJOR64 (18906 posts) -
@Napalm said:
" JJOR64 is so gay. Jared, you'll have fun beating up more on my free Guile another night. "
I'm I supposed to take that as an insult?
#79 Posted by Scooper (7882 posts) -

I AM THE BEST STREET FIGHTER IN THE WORLD!

#80 Posted by Thrawn1 (1340 posts) -

did jjor64 use jab hhs?
and I thought honda was a good matchup for chun...

#81 Posted by Stang (4726 posts) -
@JJOR64 said:
" @Napalm said:
" JJOR64 is so gay. Jared, you'll have fun beating up more on my free Guile another night. "
I'm I supposed to take that as an insult? "
Ignore him. He is slowly reverting back to his old troll ways it seems.
#82 Posted by MrJared (397 posts) -
@JJOR64:  Having played Mike Ross, I've learned that the best thing about Honda is his ability to be completely random and get away with it. He's got good health and does a load of damage, so really, a few smart guesses or mix-ups and suddenly you're setup for a win. All you have to work on are your setups and getting your links down. Then again, we are playing online, so missing links doesn't exactly prove anything :)
#83 Posted by Napalm (9020 posts) -
@Stang said:
" @JJOR64 said:
" @Napalm said:
" JJOR64 is so gay. Jared, you'll have fun beating up more on my free Guile another night. "
I'm I supposed to take that as an insult? "
Ignore him. He is slowly reverting back to his old troll ways it seems. "
Really? You guys have broken sarcasm detectors.
#84 Posted by Thrawn1 (1340 posts) -

jjor64 I challenge your honda to a stew cook off. may the best chanko stew win

#85 Posted by Stang (4726 posts) -
@Thrawn: I don't think I have ever seen a Honda mirror. Tape it please!
 
@Napalm: whatever.
#86 Posted by Jeffsekai (7026 posts) -
@Napalm said:
" @Stang said:
" @JJOR64 said:
" @Napalm said:
" JJOR64 is so gay. Jared, you'll have fun beating up more on my free Guile another night. "
I'm I supposed to take that as an insult? "
Ignore him. He is slowly reverting back to his old troll ways it seems. "
Really? You guys have broken sarcasm detectors. "
You don't post here enough to be allowed to use sarcasm because..we don't care.
#87 Posted by JJOR64 (18906 posts) -
@MrJared: That's true.  I guess I kinda have a random Honda so I have that part down pat.  I still need to learn jab > hands > jab > hands.  I've done it once in a online match and got lucky.  Now I need to do it when I want to do it,.  I also need to stop jumping around like Peter Pan.
 
@Stang: I'm just giving him shit.
#88 Posted by Napalm (9020 posts) -
@Jeffsekai said:
" @Napalm said:
" @Stang said:
" @JJOR64 said:
" @Napalm said:
" JJOR64 is so gay. Jared, you'll have fun beating up more on my free Guile another night. "
I'm I supposed to take that as an insult? "
Ignore him. He is slowly reverting back to his old troll ways it seems. "
Really? You guys have broken sarcasm detectors. "
You don't post here enough to be allowed to use sarcasm because..we don't care. "
It's okay. You can also stop quoting others to feel like you're actually a part of the cool kids club.
 
What the hell is everybody's problem, here? Everybody needs to get some fresh air, or play a different game, or something. Good lord.
#89 Posted by Scooper (7882 posts) -
@Stang said:
" @Thrawn: I don't think I have ever seen a Honda mirror. Tape it please!
 
@Napalm: whatever. "
Thrawn isn't talking about having a Honda mirror match with JJOR, he's actualy challenging him to a Chanko Stew cook off! Which is inifnitely better!
#90 Posted by Jeffsekai (7026 posts) -
@Napalm: Whats your problem bro, you disappear for 2 weeks come back outta n o where beat Jared on a stream n act like your hot shit. and then YOU decide whos apart of the community. Shut up and go away.
 
When we were watching the stream n heard Jared say you were good we knew it would goto ur head, I'm glad you didn't disappoint.
#91 Posted by Thrawn1 (1340 posts) -

bitches don't know bout my chanko stew
 
and fuck everyone calm down

#92 Posted by Napalm (9020 posts) -

That didn't go to my head, and if you checked the last several posts I made here concerning Jared, you would notice that, but since you just rifle off shit with researching it first, I will just consider your opinions null and void. As always, you don't fail to disappoint with always trying to start some shit with people on the forums. Textbook Jeffsekai behavior.

#93 Posted by OwnlyUzinWonHan (1478 posts) -

If I just say everybody here is better than me, will you all stop freaking out?

#94 Posted by Thrawn1 (1340 posts) -

#95 Posted by Scooper (7882 posts) -

#96 Posted by Jeffsekai (7026 posts) -
@Napalm: I don;t care enough Napalm seriously shut up and stop posting.
#97 Posted by MrJared (397 posts) -

Hey guys, c'mon. The Street Fighter board here on GiantBomb is one of the most positive and productive on the entire site. There's no need to blow up on each other in a friendly thread. We're all here to help one another. 

#98 Posted by Stang (4726 posts) -
@MrJared: I agree, but we are also some of the most aggressive people here. Napalm needs to act a bit more civilized.
#99 Posted by Napalm (9020 posts) -
@Stang said:
" @MrJared: I agree, but we are also some of the most aggressive people here. Napalm needs to act a bit more civilized. "
I am entirely civilized. You had no right to attack me and you know it. I didn't do anything wrong. I'm not sure what got you in a pissed off mood tonight.
#100 Posted by Scooper (7882 posts) -
@Napalm said:
" @Stang said:
" @MrJared: I agree, but we are also some of the most aggressive people here. Napalm needs to act a bit more civilized. "
I am entirely civilized. You had no right to attack me and you know it. I didn't do anything wrong. I'm not sure what got you in a pissed off mood tonight. "

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.