MrJared vs The World: Play Me in SF4!

• 195 results
#101 Posted by AniMoney (957 posts) -

Good old Napalm, always keeping things interesting around here.  

#102 Posted by Napalm (9020 posts) -

Whatever man, I'm fucking done with you guys and this forum. I've had enough of everybody's crap. Good riddance.

#103 Posted by Thrawn1 (1340 posts) -

lol wtf how did that happen. do what you want, but I and other people would rather you stay; you've always been a good contributor

#104 Posted by Jeffsekai (7028 posts) -
@Napalm said:
" Whatever man, I'm fucking done with you guys and this forum. I've had enough of everybody's crap. Good riddance. "
lol bye
#105 Posted by SpecialBuddy (1110 posts) -
@Napalm said:
" Whatever man, I'm fucking done with you guys and this forum. I've had enough of everybody's crap. Good riddance. "
Didn't we go through this before? I thought this meant you were done with this forum?
#106 Posted by Jeffsekai (7028 posts) -
@SpecialBuddy said:
" @Napalm said:
Didn't we go through this before? I thought this meant you were done with this forum? "
Combos!
#107 Posted by Thrawn1 (1340 posts) -
#108 Posted by Scooper (7882 posts) -
@SpecialBuddy: That 8-Bit Viper is awful!! It looks like that wierd fish from Wind Waker.
#109 Posted by SpecialBuddy (1110 posts) -
#110 Posted by Thrawn1 (1340 posts) -

yeah I know holy shit. I wouldn't be surprised if he was still in 8th grade. wtf is up with the pad chun warriors? He perfected JW's chun, and that's the only time I've seen JW not be an asshole about losing

#111 Posted by SpecialBuddy (1110 posts) -
@Thrawn: I dont know man that kid has his game down pretty solid. He zoned me out completely. I only got 1 round on him during our match.
#112 Posted by Gambit (727 posts) -
@SpecialBuddy: no you just suck hardcore is all.
#113 Posted by Thrawn1 (1340 posts) -

It's like I'm watching third strike....his footsies are perfect. That chun mirror match between him and jw was insane, he focused every single one of jw's pokes for an entire round.

#114 Posted by SpecialBuddy (1110 posts) -
@Gambit said:
" @SpecialBuddy: no you just suck hardcore is all. "
True. True. Cant deny that.
#115 Posted by Gambit (727 posts) -
@SpecialBuddy: wanna play 3rd strike?
#116 Posted by lordofultima (6238 posts) -

LMAO at this thread, lets all blame Jared for this. Here's something to diminish salt depository. You'll thank me later. 

#117 Posted by Stang (4726 posts) -

Posting in a legendary thread filled with scrubs.

#118 Posted by Thrawn1 (1340 posts) -

LOL....the sfiv boards are the 4th most popular boards on giant bomb.....

#119 Posted by JJOR64 (18956 posts) -
@Thrawn said:
" LOL....the sfiv boards are the 4th most popular boards on giant bomb..... "
We need to get this past MW2.  This used to be number #3, but MW2 kicked us down one.  :(
#120 Posted by lordofultima (6238 posts) -
@Thrawn said:
" LOL....the sfiv boards are the 4th most popular boards on giant bomb..... "
SFIV has always been in like top 6 most popular boards in giantbomb, how do you think I get to them? highlight forum tab, go to most popular, click SFIV.
#121 Posted by Thrawn1 (1340 posts) -

I'm talking about how it's listed 4th overall, not just compared to other games. like how sfiv is more popular than the wii, hamburger, and pc boards

#122 Posted by SpecialBuddy (1110 posts) -
@lordofultima said:

" LMAO at this thread, lets all blame Jared for this. Here's something to diminish salt depository. You'll thank me later. 

"
HAPPY FEET!
#123 Posted by Scooper (7882 posts) -

OHHHH MY GODDD SUCH HYPE FOR.... Smash Brothers....??

what?

#124 Posted by lordofultima (6238 posts) -
@Scooper said:
" OHHHH MY GODDD SUCH HYPE FOR.... Smash Brothers....??  what? "
Thus is the legend of wombo combo. Forever to live on in Akuma's fadc red fireball.
#125 Posted by Scooper (7882 posts) -
@lordofultima said:
" @Scooper said:
Thus is the legend of wombo combo. Forever to live on in Akuma's fadc red fireball. "
It makes me laugh everytime a 13 year old kid tries to pursuede me that Smash Brothers is just as deep and complicated a fighting game as any Street Fighter. I bet there's shit somewhere online that's like "Donkey Kong's crouch punch has a 3 frame startup making it a great poke especaily against a character like Samus".

what??
#126 Posted by lordofultima (6238 posts) -
@Scooper said:
" @lordofultima said:
" @Scooper said:
Thus is the legend of wombo combo. Forever to live on in Akuma's fadc red fireball. "
It makes me laugh everytime a 13 year old kid tries to pursuede me that Smash Brothers is just as deep and complicated a fighting game as any Street Fighter. I bet there's shit somewhere online that's like "Donkey Kong's crouch punch has a 3 frame startup making it a great poke especaily against a character like Samus".     what?? "
Mortal Kombat is serious, why wouldn't Smash Bros be? Smash sucks, but I respect it.
#127 Posted by SpecialBuddy (1110 posts) -
@Scooper said:
" @lordofultima said:
" @Scooper said:
It makes me laugh everytime a 13 year old kid tries to pursuede me that Smash Brothers is just as deep and complicated a fighting game as any Street Fighter. I bet there's shit somewhere online that's like "Donkey Kong's crouch punch has a 3 frame startup making it a great poke especaily against a character like Samus".     what?? "
Hey man! Smash bros is like, the best game ever man! Yo, like, real talk, you just a n00b. Smash Bros is like he deepest game to come out, like, ever!

*sarcasm alert*
#128 Posted by Scooper (7882 posts) -
@lordofultima said:
" @Scooper said:
" @lordofultima said:
" @Scooper said:
Mortal Kombat is serious, why wouldn't Smash Bros be? Smash sucks, but I respect it. "
I don't.

I don't like Mortal Kombat one bit, I don't like the controls. I don't like the way the special moves work but I have huge respect for that series (well, up to 3 anyway).
I actualy enjoyed playing Smash Bros on the GC. It was quite alot of fun but I have no respect for it. It's dumb.
#129 Posted by StaticFalconar (4849 posts) -
@Thrawn said:
" I'm talking about how it's listed 4th overall, not just compared to other games. like how sfiv is more popular than the wii, hamburger, and pc boards "
The hamburger should be higher. I may want Street Fighter, but I need hamburgers damn it. 
#130 Posted by Scooper (7882 posts) -

SFIV is now the 2nd most popular game board on this site. That's so cool.

#131 Posted by lordofultima (6238 posts) -
@Scooper said:
" SFIV is now the 2nd most popular game board on this site. That's so cool. "
GET HYPE, IT'S ALL BECAUSE OF JARED.
#132 Posted by Jeffsekai (7028 posts) -

See what you did Jared.

#133 Posted by FluxWaveZ (19331 posts) -

Johny Digital?  I don't think I've seen him post before, but I'm certain I could destroy him in a Rog mirror match!

#134 Posted by Stang (4726 posts) -
@FluxWaveZ said:
" Johny Digital?  I don't think I've seen him post before, but I'm certain I could destroy him in a Rog mirror match! "
Sarcasm?
#135 Posted by FluxWaveZ (19331 posts) -
@Stang: No, I'm serious.
#136 Posted by AniMoney (957 posts) -
@FluxWaveZ said:
" Johny Digital?  I don't think I've seen him post before, but I'm certain I could destroy him in a Rog mirror match! "
Play him then.
#137 Posted by FluxWaveZ (19331 posts) -
@AniMoney: I would love to!... Although, am I just supposed to add him and invite him in a match?  That seems too... invasive.
#138 Posted by Stang (4726 posts) -
@FluxWaveZ: Tell him I called him a scrub and I sent you to prove it. He will love it.

On the real, just send him a message and say you want to play. He is a nice guy, he won't bite.
#139 Posted by AniMoney (957 posts) -
@FluxWaveZ said:
" @AniMoney: I would love to!... Although, am I just supposed to add him and invite him in a match?  That seems too... invasive. "  
Yeah, his GT is j0nny DiGITAL 

Tell him your from GB and I'm sure he'll play you.
#140 Posted by FluxWaveZ (19331 posts) -

Yeah, sent him an invite + a message.  I'm eager to see how our match goes, if we have one at all.

#141 Posted by Stang (4726 posts) -
@FluxWaveZ: Just to prepare you, his Rog is the polar opposite of yours. I am not sure how he handles mirrors, but against me, he is always in my grill. Dudes links are usually on point.
#142 Posted by FluxWaveZ (19331 posts) -

So I went against him, and yeah, his praise is warranted.  I tend to underestimate folk I've not heard of/have not played against. It ended 10-1 (for him, of course.  That one win was against his Ryu).  Like you said, Stang, his Balrog is pretty aggressive.  I'm not very much a turtle anymore, but his was way better and he often combos.

I'll have to try harder to learn the links with Balrog.  Not just know what they are, but actually be able to get the timing right (it's kinda difficult).

#143 Posted by MrJared (398 posts) -

Due to popular demand (lulz), Mr Jared vs The World returns tomorrow at 4PM with a special test stream! Check out my blog for all the details and here are the important bits- 

- At 4:00PM PST on Tuesday, January 19, come back to this page or my uStream page (http://www.ustream.tv/channel/jaredrea) and wait for the stream to go live.

- Once the stream is live, start your own Player Match in Street Fighter IV on Xbox Live and send a Game Invite to my gamertag, "Mr Jared."

- Watch the stream and wait your turn as I'll be taking fight requests in the order of which they're received. Once I join your game (and this is important) make sure you PAUSE THE STREAM! Not pausing the stream will result in lagtastic matches and we'll all weep together.

- We'll then play a best 2 out of 3 set of matches. After the final match has concluded I will then move on to the next player. 

It should be fun~
#144 Posted by kmdrkul (3476 posts) -
@MrJared: Is this for anyone on the GB community or just the usual SFIV suspects?  I don't play the game on a regular basis but I'd love to play.
#145 Posted by Thrawn1 (1340 posts) -

man.....my first college class of the year starts at 4pm pst...

#146 Posted by SpecialBuddy (1110 posts) -
@Thrawn said:
" man.....my first college class of the year starts at 4pm pst... "
Well we can play games around 2 if you want at the UC, my drom, where ever. Then Im off to play Jared!
#147 Posted by MrJared (398 posts) -
@kmdrkul: If you reside on the planet Earth, you are free to join in :) 
#148 Posted by Stang (4726 posts) -

I will play if I am around and there is not a 40 person line.

#149 Posted by OwnlyUzinWonHan (1480 posts) -

I will be the 40th person just to make Stang angry.

#150 Posted by Stang (4726 posts) -
@OwnlyUzinWonHan: It is all good. Jared was cool enough to play me last time.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.