Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Street Fighter IV

Game » consists of 9 releases. Released Jul 18, 2008

After nearly a decade in hiatus, Capcom's signature mainline fighting game series resurfaces with its fourth main installment, combining the traditional 2D gameplay with modern fully-3D graphics.

need help with guile hard trials...

biggblack86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By biggblack86

his hard trials are making me grow my hair, only to rip it out seconds later. whos got some tips for a fresh guile player?

SpecialBuddy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By SpecialBuddy

Which one are you on?
    napalm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By napalm

Good luck doing the hard trials with a standard console controller, haha.

wefwefasdf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By wefwefasdf

Maybe you could find some youtube videos? Those trials can be a pain.

napalm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By napalm

If you're trying to do the one that is the "xx attack > Double Somersault > Flash Explosion," the best way to get the Flash Explosion to connect properly is to use the medium kick button for the Double Somersault. If you use either the light or fierce kick for his Super, you won't have the proper range for the Ultra to connect.

biggblack86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By biggblack86

im on hard trial 3. and i have checked out the youtube vids the just dont seem to help. 

@Napalm said:

" Good luck doing the hard trials with a standard console controller, haha. "

lol. everyone hates on the 360's pad. i seem to get along just fine with it though.
    Flushes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Flushes

Guile and Vega's ultras are stupidly difficult on pad. You really want a stick with a square gate; you're expected to use the corners of the gate during those motions.

biggblack86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By biggblack86

@Flushes said:  

" Guile and Vega's ultras are stupidly difficult on pad. You really want a stick with a square gate; you're expected to use the corners of the gate during those motions. "

their ultras arent hard at all for me to pull of with a pad. ive been playing with a dpad in fighters since i can remember. its just my preferred method of execution.
    Plasma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Plasma

Yeah you CAN pull them off, but with a stick you can do it 100%, corners make it easy.

Renahzor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#10  Edited By Renahzor

the main issue is the charge time on some of them is very quick, if you waste any time trying to find the downback corner you cant connect the second charged move.  trial one looks like a one frame link from cr.lp to cr.mp cancelled into Sonic boom, just work on that link and you should be able to get it.  The second seems like it could be particularly dfficult to pull off on a pad due to having to dash behind the sonic boom, jump attack, and immediately be charging for the second sonic boom.  Goodluck!

napalm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By napalm
    @biggblack86 said:
    "  @Flushes said:  

" Guile and Vega's ultras are stupidly difficult on pad. You really want a stick with a square gate; you're expected to use the corners of the gate during those motions. "

their ultras arent hard at all for me to pull of with a pad. ive been playing with a dpad in fighters since i can remember. its just my preferred method of execution. "
    Ok, so what's your question? What are you having a problem with? What controller/joystick/whatever are you using? Start spilling your guts or we can't help you.
    biggblack86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By biggblack86
    @Napalm:  i need help with the trials i havent completed. and im on the fourth one now.  i have no problem with staying charged, its just the timing that seems to fuck me.

i dont know how or the subject of what kind of controller i use came into play, but i find it irrelevant. on all the boards, people keep trying to tell pad users that they are using the wrong medium, telling them how to THEY play the game. eff that. fight me and see how a pad user can successfully pull off a bloody high claw/ flash explosion.
    napalm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By napalm
    @biggblack86 said:

" @Napalm:  i need help with the trials i havent completed. and im on the fourth one now.  i have no problem with staying charged, its just the timing that seems to fuck me.  i dont know how or the subject of what kind of controller i use came into play, but i find it irrelevant. on all the boards, people keep trying to tell pad users that they are using the wrong medium, telling them how to THEY play the game. eff that. fight me and see how a pad user can successfully pull off a bloody high claw/ flash explosion. "

Jesus Christ, it's JUST a question. Calm the fuck down.

EDIT: Well, obviously, since you can't do it correctly/timing is fucked, then it's not irrelevant, is it?
    Scooper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Scooper

I've done all of Guile's Hard Trials and I'm using a regular wireless 360 controller. If you're having any specific problems I can help you but if it's just timing then all anyone can say is keep practicing and practicing trying out different timings until you nail it. It took me a damn while to do his Trials but I got there in the end.

napalm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By napalm

Speaking of, I've been doing a couple of really random Sonic Boom > Somersault Kick > Double Somersault combos by accident. I've been trying to figure out how it works.

Stang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Stang
    @biggblack86: Good luck setting a match up with Napalm. Hell will likely freeze over before that happens. And props for making it through those hard trials using a 360 pad, that is not easy.
    Scooper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Scooper

I just turned my 360 on after a few days not playing any SFIV and tried Guiles Hard Trial 4 and managed to do it in about 7 mins. I can probably guess the part you're messing your timing up at and that's his EX-Sonic Boom to Focus Attack crumple. You need to make sure you're in a rythem or you won't crumple him. At first I was like Jump.HP--Crouch.MP--EX-SB.FA and the FA wasn't comming out. The timing's a little wierd as you can buffer the EX-SB and there's alot of leway there but you've got to hit FA just after you throw the SB, not strait after you've hit the <-> EX.P button. Then you've got to let go of FA just as it hits level 2 and if it crumples don't dash out because you'll be needing to be charging strait after the EX-SB through the FA to get the Ultra to come out easily. It's a real bummer after you've done the whole combo and the guy's crumpled only for you to not charged enough and just jump in the air and kick.

biggblack86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By biggblack86
    @Napalm:  that second paragraph wasnt geared towards you bro. just towards the peeps talking noise about me being a pad user. 

and its not my timing on the ultra. scooper pretty much got it on the money. ill try that out and see if it works. but thanks for the help/pos-neg criticism and opinions of all. greatly appreciated.
    Scooper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Scooper
    @biggblack86: Just keep practicing on the EX-SB to FA crumple. I can't get it to happen consistantly because I don't know the exact timing but the good thing about this Trial is that you can nail the first bit everytime easily so you can focus all your energy on just the EX to crumple. Once you've got the timing locked so the FA always cancels the Sonic boom just keep doing the combo over and over only slightly modifying the timing when you release the FA and eventualy you'll get it right and crumple. Then just make sure you do a smooth ultra as I've messed it up a couple times just panicking because I'm so surprised I've actualy landed the Focus crumple XD
    napalm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By napalm
    @Stang said:
    " @biggblack86: Good luck setting a match up with Napalm. Hell will likely freeze over before that happens. "
    Alright... and where the hell did that smartass comment come from?
    biggblack86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By biggblack86

i think it came from when i had said... 
    "eff that. fight me and see how a pad user can successfully pull off a bloody high claw/ flash explosion. " 

things just seem to get turned around. one smart ass comment elicits yet another, so on and so fourth. but thanks scooper. i know have all guile hard trials completed. now on to the normals. =)

napalm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By napalm

Well, what I was getting at, here, it doesn't matter what you use. I use a FightPad. I was just asking so I could get a feel for how you're trying to do the moves.

Renahzor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#23  Edited By Renahzor

So, you come in bitching without giving any information, and get pissed when people comment on the number one issue most people have with plaything the character you're asking about (namely, no corners on a pad makes many of the motions much more difficult than non charge characters)?  Maybe next time you should make a useful/informative OP and you wont have those issues. 

biggblack86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By biggblack86
    @Renahzor: when did i bitch good sir? all i merely asked for was help with the trials. i did not in fact add fuel to the ever burning battle between controller superiority. you actually never offered (stated or implied), any help to the original topic. but thanks for your opinion regardless.
    napalm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By napalm
    @biggblack86 said:
    " @Renahzor: when did i bitch good sir? all i merely asked for was help with the trials. i did not in fact add fuel to the ever burning battle between controller superiority. you actually never offered (stated or implied), any help to the original topic. but thanks for your opinion regardless. "
    It's the fact that I asked about the controller you used, and you snapped back with basically, "it doesn't matter" and then continued to not expand on what you need help with.

So, you can keep derailing your own thread if you want and let it sink, or you can make it stay afloat by giving us specifics on your controller and what specifically in the hard trials you need help on and we can then assist you. But if you continue to be arrogant of specifics that matter in this kind of topic, then you can seek help elsewhere.
    Scooper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Scooper

Alrite guys put your dicks back in your pockets it's not that hard to give advice to a question. I did it okay.

biggblack86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By biggblack86

and i gave scoop props on helping me out .and i already said i was all done with the guile hard trials. napalm i never "snapped" at you. if you scroll up you can see my response to your first reply on the topic. 

" im on hard trial 3. and i have checked out the youtube vids the just dont seem to help. 

@Napalm said:

" Good luck doing the hard trials with a standard console controller, haha. "

lol. everyone hates on the 360's pad. i seem to get along just fine with it though.   "

i wouldn't call that me snapping. just a comment to your comment. so everyone just needs to chill the fuck out. the topic, the one thats actually ON TOPIC, ended quite some time ago after scoops second or third post. shit. =)
    Stang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Stang

God bless our Street Fighter forum. We always get along so damn well :)

Jolly_Lolly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Jolly_Lolly
    @Stang said:
    " God bless our Street Fighter forum. We always get along so damn well :) "
    lol ken
    Stang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Stang
    @Jolly_Lolly: LOL YO MAMA!!!111oneone
    EvilGreenDevil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By EvilGreenDevil

inappro
    lordofultima

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 9

#32  Edited By lordofultima

I used to think Guile's trials were super hard, but now that all I have left is Gen 5, and Viper 3,4, and 5 -- I beg to differ.

SpecialBuddy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By SpecialBuddy
    @lordofultima: Dude only Viper's 3rd one is a bitch. I randomly got it to work and almost creamed my pants in happiness. Her 4th is a peace of cake and the 5th one only takes a little while before you get the hang of it. 

As for Gen. Welcome to my world.
    foodchaiNN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By foodchaiNN

Ive completed the trials with Guile and all I can tell you is practice the movements in training. Guile's trials are actually pretty easy once you know him good enough.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.