Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Street Fighter IV

Game » consists of 9 releases. Released Jul 18, 2008

After nearly a decade in hiatus, Capcom's signature mainline fighting game series resurfaces with its fourth main installment, combining the traditional 2D gameplay with modern fully-3D graphics.

Noob who wants to get better here..

Chokobo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Chokobo

I am god-fucking-awful at this game.  I consider myself lucky to even have a close game, much less win.  I just want some friendly competition to tell me what I'm doing wrong mainly.  I'm trying to main Rufus.  Maybe that's my first problem.

GT: CH0K0B0 (circles are zeros)

Eyepatch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2  Edited By Eyepatch

I'd be happy to play you. GT is Ze Eyepatch (if I don't happen to add you first)

AniMoney

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By AniMoney

I'll play you.

lordofultima

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 9

#4  Edited By lordofultima

Rufus isn't a problem, he's a god.

Chokobo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Chokobo

Oi.  Played Eyepatch.  Pretty much just toyed around with me.  Got a looooooooong way to go.

Driadon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#6  Edited By Driadon

Takes time :). I'd play with you (I'm probably the most on your level in this forum) but, sadly, I only have it on PC.

SoulTaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#7  Edited By SoulTaker

I'll play you.  My gt is: soultakerx5

napalm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By napalm

Let Stang smack you around for 15 or 20 matches.

baelrrogg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#9  Edited By baelrrogg

Hey man I'll play you...I've been meaning to add Mr. Eyepatch as well from a post he made earlier this week. 

GT:Dryph

Chokobo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Chokobo

Played for a few hours.  Lost every single match.  Feeling like I'm wasting my time even trying at this point.

SpecialBuddy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#11  Edited By SpecialBuddy
    @Chokobo said:
    " Played for a few hours.  Lost every single match.  Feeling like I'm wasting my time even trying at this point. "
    Well if you really like the game and feel motivated to get good stick with it. Everyone sucks in the beginning. It just takes practice. Fighting games take longer to get better at than any other type of game.
    lordofultima

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By lordofultima
    @SpecialBuddy said:
    " @Chokobo said:
    " Played for a few hours.  Lost every single match.  Feeling like I'm wasting my time even trying at this point. "
    Well if you really like the game and feel motivated to get good stick with it. Everyone sucks in the beginning. It just takes practice. Fighting games take longer to get better at than any other type of game. "
    Agreed. I think people maybe have unrealistic expectations when playing highly competitive video games. A couple hours should have you fiending for more, despite every single loss. That's how I felt anyway. Once you get past a certain win percentage to hours played ratio, you can just blame everything on bullshit like I do. Works well.
    AniMoney

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By AniMoney
    @lordofultima said:
    " @SpecialBuddy said:
    " @Chokobo said:
    Well if you really like the game and feel motivated to get good stick with it. Everyone sucks in the beginning. It just takes practice. Fighting games take longer to get better at than any other type of game. "
    Agreed. I think people maybe have unrealistic expectations when playing highly competitive video games. A couple hours should have you fiending for more, despite every single loss. That's how I felt anyway. Once you get past a certain win percentage to hours played ratio, you can just blame everything on bullshit like I do. Works well. "
    What win percentage to hours played ratio do you want? 

That's a stupid way to measure it anyways because it's all about who you're playing online. There's a big difference between quality opponents that you play several matches with and some of the garbage players in champ mode.
    lordofultima

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By lordofultima
    @AniMoney said:
    " @lordofultima said:
    " @SpecialBuddy said:
    " @Chokobo said:
    Agreed. I think people maybe have unrealistic expectations when playing highly competitive video games. A couple hours should have you fiending for more, despite every single loss. That's how I felt anyway. Once you get past a certain win percentage to hours played ratio, you can just blame everything on bullshit like I do. Works well. "
    What win percentage to hours played ratio do you want?  That's a stupid way to measure it anyways because it's all about who you're playing online. There's a big difference between quality opponents that you play several matches with and some of the garbage players in champ mode. "
    You didn't sense the lolz at the end of my statement there? You really think I decide that I'm good based on my percentage of wins divided by my hours of play? God decided that I would be a gift, don't hate.
    Stang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Stang

I'm down to play whenever, GT is Da Stang. My stick is magically turning fireballs into srk's, but it is all good.

AniMoney

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By AniMoney
    @lordofultima said:
    " @AniMoney said:
    " @lordofultima said:
    " @SpecialBuddy said:
    " @Chokobo said:
    What win percentage to hours played ratio do you want?  That's a stupid way to measure it anyways because it's all about who you're playing online. There's a big difference between quality opponents that you play several matches with and some of the garbage players in champ mode. "
    You didn't sense the lolz at the end of my statement there? You really think I decide that I'm good based on my percentage of wins divided by my hours of play? God decided that I would be a gift, don't hate. "
    No my spidey senses are down because of the snow. I think the DC area got the worst of it. 

Thrawn1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#17  Edited By Thrawn1
    @Stang said:
    " I'm down to play whenever, GT is Da Stang. My stick is magically turning fireballs into srk's, but it is all good. "
    you should see a doctor about that
    Scullinator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Scullinator

Im a returning noob.  This forum actually inspired me to get back in to playing SF4 and get ready for SSF4.  My main is unsure right now.  Back and forth between a few.  Blanka, Ken, Sagat sometimes.  I like Ryu but when I play as him I find myself just wanting to be Ken.  Anyway, I just sent out some random friend request to a few of you.  Scullinator on Xbox360.  Looking forward to getting my ass handed to me by all of you. Dont worry, I wont take it personal.

Kumo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Kumo
    @Chokobo:
    I'm pretty awful at the game myself, but I'll get some games in with you sometime soon. I'll send a FR in a sec.
    vik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By vik

Nice to see there's other people struggling, I recently started playing for the very first time, have never played street fighter in my entire life and I'm in love with this game. I totally suck though, but I'm determined to get somewhat better at it. I do realise online is where it's at, but since I can't beat the Arcade mode on easy, the thought of human opponents is terrifying. I've not decided on a main yet, Ryu or Abel are the chars I'm looking at atm. When I first started out, easiest kicked my ass but I've been trying the trials and those really helped me get a slight idea of what I'm doing. I'm capable of doing some basic combo's now that I would never have pulled off a week ago, so I guess practising really is the key. I'm dedicating two hours per day to that for the next few months, maybe I'll be somewhat decent by the time SSFIV arrives.

Majinken

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Majinken
    @vik 

I'd say Ryu's a safer bet, though an Abel in the stable's not bad. What probably helped most for me was playing a little as everyone and learning some of their ins and outs. The challenges (at least the earlier ones) also go a long way in teaching you the basics. As well, the awesomeness of EventHubs cannot be overstated.

What system do you have it for?
    Scullinator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Scullinator

@ Majinken

Thanks for the EbentHubs link.  

Scullinator  Xbxo360

Avatar image for bobby_the_great
    Bobby_The_Great

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Bobby_The_Great

GT is : Bobby The Great.

Best advice I can give is visit the "Noobs" forum on Shoryuken.com and read all the pointers on there, that's what I did. Also, if you want to get some "easier" wins, get good with Sagat, he is top-tiered and noob friendly. I personally use Blanka.

lordofultima

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By lordofultima
    @vik said:
    " Nice to see there's other people struggling, I recently started playing for the very first time, have never played street fighter in my entire life and I'm in love with this game. I totally suck though, but I'm determined to get somewhat better at it. I do realise online is where it's at, but since I can't beat the Arcade mode on easy, the thought of human opponents is terrifying. I've not decided on a main yet, Ryu or Abel are the chars I'm looking at atm. When I first started out, easiest kicked my ass but I've been trying the trials and those really helped me get a slight idea of what I'm doing. I'm capable of doing some basic combo's now that I would never have pulled off a week ago, so I guess practising really is the key. I'm dedicating two hours per day to that for the next few months, maybe I'll be somewhat decent by the time SSFIV arrives. "
    Correction, offline competition is where it's at. But online will do, too =P
    Necrotrophic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Necrotrophic

I agree with ultima. Rufus is beyond awesome. If you want to play me, im down. im not like super awesome or anything, but I definitely can give insight. my XBL name is the same as my giantbomb name

Chokobo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Chokobo

Recently my internet company has had it's head up it's ass so I can't even get through a round w/o D/Cing due to awful connection speeds.  Unfortunately I am in Iowa. No scene and even fewer arcades.  :\  So I could pay 40 bucks a month for high speed that I can't afford or I can wait until July when I move in with a roommate to get high speed to split the costs.  Probably the latter.

lordofultima

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By lordofultima
    @Chokobo said:
    " Recently my internet company has had it's head up it's ass so I can't even get through a round w/o D/Cing due to awful connection speeds.  Unfortunately I am in Iowa. No scene and even fewer arcades.  :\  So I could pay 40 bucks a month for high speed that I can't afford or I can wait until July when I move in with a roommate to get high speed to split the costs.  Probably the latter. "
    I feel your pain, I pay 80 bucks a month for internet and it still sucks ass.
    Scooper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Scooper
    @lordofultima said:
    " @Chokobo said:
    " Recently my internet company has had it's head up it's ass so I can't even get through a round w/o D/Cing due to awful connection speeds.  Unfortunately I am in Iowa. No scene and even fewer arcades.  :\  So I could pay 40 bucks a month for high speed that I can't afford or I can wait until July when I move in with a roommate to get high speed to split the costs.  Probably the latter. "
    I feel your pain, I pay 80 bucks a month for internet and it still sucks ass. "
    I pay £7 and change for 8mb broadband. How does my ass taste.
    turbomonkey138

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By turbomonkey138
    @Scooper: Tastes like ....weed
    AniMoney

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By AniMoney

My mommy and daddy pay for my internet :) 

@turbomonkey138 said:

" @Scooper: Tastes like ....weed "

wtf 

edit: BOALS
    nobull6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 4

#31  Edited By nobull6

Yeah, I'm not very good at this game either. I've only played a few hours so far; haven't picked a character to stick with. I did beat the arcade mode on very easy, though! I'd love to add the gamertags of some other people that aren't good at this. Any takers?

GT: NoBull6

Scooper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Scooper
    @turbomonkey138 said:
    What
    turbomonkey138

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By turbomonkey138
    @Scooper said:
    " @turbomonkey138 said:
    What "
    err don't ask
    Stang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Stang
    @nobull6 said:
    " Yeah, I'm not very good at this game either. I've only played a few hours so far; haven't picked a character to stick with. I did beat the arcade mode on very easy, though! I'd love to add the gamertags of some other people that aren't good at this. Any takers?  GT: NoBull6 "
    Im new too, lets play soon.
    EvilGreenDevil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By EvilGreenDevil
    @Stang said:
    " @nobull6 said:
    " Yeah, I'm not very good at this game either. I've only played a few hours so far; haven't picked a character to stick with. I did beat the arcade mode on very easy, though! I'd love to add the gamertags of some other people that aren't good at this. Any takers?  GT: NoBull6 "
    Im new too, lets play soon. "  
    so sad hahaha
    Chokobo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Chokobo
    @Scooper said:

" @lordofultima said:

" @Chokobo said:
    I feel your pain, I pay 80 bucks a month for internet and it still sucks ass. "
    I pay £7 and change for 8mb broadband. How does my ass taste. "
    pthbththththththth.  7 Pounds is about 50 Dollars American at this point, if I'm not mistaking.

P.S. I understand that I'm mistaking.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.