Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Street Fighter IV

Game » consists of 9 releases. Released Jul 18, 2008

After nearly a decade in hiatus, Capcom's signature mainline fighting game series resurfaces with its fourth main installment, combining the traditional 2D gameplay with modern fully-3D graphics.

North American Details on Street Fighter IV Costumes, Championship Mode

jeff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 20

Edited By jeff
    Earlier this week, Famitsu reported details on the timetable and names for Capcom's planned costume packs for Street Fighter IV. The list seemed strange, with different price points per platform and a weird-looking schedule. Today, Capcom posted up similar details for the US market.

Each costume pack will contain five alternate costumes--one per character--and will sell for $3.99 on the PlayStation 3 or 320 points on the Xbox 360. There will be one pack per week starting on 2/17, the game's release date.
    • 2/17 – Brawler Pack DLC Pack will include alternate costumes for: Zangeif, E.Honda, Rufus, El Furete, and Abel.
    • 2/24 – Femme Fatale Pack will include alternate costumes for: Chun-Li, Cammy, Sakura, Rose, and C.Viper.
    • 3/3/09 – Shoruken Pack will include alternate costumes for: Ryu, Ken, Akuma, Gouken, and Dan.
    • 3/10/09 – Shadowloo Pack will include alternate costumes for: Seth, M.Bison, Sagat, Balrog, and Vega.
    • 3/17/09 – Classic Pack will include alternate costumes for: Guile, Dhalsim, Fei-Long, Blanka, and Gen.
    In addition to downloadable costumes, Capcom has also detailed a free Championship Mode download that will come at an unspecified date. This add-on will build in new ways to interact with players online, including a replay mode that will allow you to upload and download match recordings. A new ranking points system will be added and there will be new ways to get into tournaments.

The replay mode sounds especially awesome to me. Seems like there's always one or two totally insane comebacks floating around YouTube at any given time. Being able to watch those on a TV would be waaaay better.

Here's a pile of shots of the new costumes in action.

jeff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 20

#1  Edited By jeff
    Earlier this week, Famitsu reported details on the timetable and names for Capcom's planned costume packs for Street Fighter IV. The list seemed strange, with different price points per platform and a weird-looking schedule. Today, Capcom posted up similar details for the US market.

Each costume pack will contain five alternate costumes--one per character--and will sell for $3.99 on the PlayStation 3 or 320 points on the Xbox 360. There will be one pack per week starting on 2/17, the game's release date.
    • 2/17 – Brawler Pack DLC Pack will include alternate costumes for: Zangeif, E.Honda, Rufus, El Furete, and Abel.
    • 2/24 – Femme Fatale Pack will include alternate costumes for: Chun-Li, Cammy, Sakura, Rose, and C.Viper.
    • 3/3/09 – Shoruken Pack will include alternate costumes for: Ryu, Ken, Akuma, Gouken, and Dan.
    • 3/10/09 – Shadowloo Pack will include alternate costumes for: Seth, M.Bison, Sagat, Balrog, and Vega.
    • 3/17/09 – Classic Pack will include alternate costumes for: Guile, Dhalsim, Fei-Long, Blanka, and Gen.
    In addition to downloadable costumes, Capcom has also detailed a free Championship Mode download that will come at an unspecified date. This add-on will build in new ways to interact with players online, including a replay mode that will allow you to upload and download match recordings. A new ranking points system will be added and there will be new ways to get into tournaments.

The replay mode sounds especially awesome to me. Seems like there's always one or two totally insane comebacks floating around YouTube at any given time. Being able to watch those on a TV would be waaaay better.

Here's a pile of shots of the new costumes in action.

MagicKiwi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By MagicKiwi

Street Costume Party 2 Turbo to be announced soon.

PhilSebben

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By PhilSebben

At least the championship mode is free

Goldanas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Goldanas

I'd personally like to know what costumes are coming with the Collector's edition.

I hope it isn't set to these packs. I really only care about Zangief in that first one.

I wish I could buy individual outfits.

darkjester74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By darkjester74

*shrug*  I dunno, I might get #2 and #3.  Mmmm....femme fatales....

Still, this reeks of opportunism on Capcom's part.  Slimy...just plain slimy.

Death_Burnout

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 6

#6  Edited By Death_Burnout

Go Haggar Costume!

RawShark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By RawShark

Six across, one down. Half-naked Ryu. Is it just me, or if you looks closely, does it look like his skin has stitches to hold it together?

DavidSnakes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#8  Edited By DavidSnakes

Guile's muscles are a little over-the-top

ditchell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#9  Edited By ditchell

good lord those are expensive. any word on the other pack that was reported- buying them all at one time and getting them cheaper?

RHCPfan24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 8

#10  Edited By RHCPfan24

I am not going to download the packs, but more SF IV is most definitely a good thing!

xionpunk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#11  Edited By xionpunk

I'll buy your game, but not this crap.

MrKlorox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By MrKlorox

Fuck yes! A Mike Haggar costume for Zangief!  Dig these throwbacks to classic Capcom franchises.

EDIT: Still probably won't even buy SF4. I'm just not that into fighting games, and I don't wanna pay extra for a controller I can actually use.

EDIT2: @ RawShark: Looks like arm-hair to me.

Cynical_M

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Cynical_M

i dont think i'll be buying the packs...those costumes dont seem worth it.....

DukeTogo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#14  Edited By DukeTogo

I feel no different about these than I did the previous reports.  The prices are too high for what you're getting.  Make two packs, one for the old and one for the new characters, and make each one 99 cents.

Capcom should be grateful people would even buy a crappy fighting game in 2009, making them pay full price is bad enough, let alone charging for outfits to play dress up.

ManMadeGod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 21

#15  Edited By ManMadeGod

This stuff should be in the $60 game as unlockables. I mean dam, $4 perpack!?

jmv23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By jmv23

I'm a sucker, I'll pick up the Femme Fatale and Shoryuken packs.

lordofultima

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 9

#17  Edited By lordofultima

@DukeTogo

Don't buy them. If you think it's a "crappy" fighting game in the first place, don't give them your money. Community, lulz. MAKE THEM PAY FULL PRICE ZOMG. It's a new game, why wouldn't you have to pay full price? This isn't Cabela's Trophy Bucks.

SpaceInsomniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#18  Edited By SpaceInsomniac

Oh, fuck you, Capcom.  If you want to work on stuff AFTER you've shipped the game, I don't care what you charge for it, I'll either buy it or I won't.  This is different.  This shit is already in the arcade version.  It's already in the damn game!  It's already been designed and programed!

I'm not paying 79.99 to get the full experience, but I know many people will, and fuck them too.  They're the reason this crap will continue. :(

akumous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By akumous

Ugh...are you kidding me? 20 bucks plus tax for everything if one wants everything, that's insane. I am definitely getting the standard edition and the sticks..not this shit...I am fine with the default, classic, costumes...CAPCOM, FUCK YOU!!

Diamond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#20  Edited By Diamond

Will buy the pack with Sakura and Cammy's costume only.

Media_Master

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Media_Master

This is ridiculous! There is no possible reason those 'packs' should not be part of the game already!

NONE!!

If SF4 was a person I'd smack them silly

Linkyshinks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#22  Edited By Linkyshinks

Is there any word on how these will be made available on PC?

MrKlorox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By MrKlorox

@Linkyshinks: My money is on "via cracking the game data". I bet these costumes are already on the disc, waiting to be unlocked.

karubah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#24  Edited By karubah

I agree with the sentiment that this content should be part of the $60 game.

At the very least Capcom should wait a month or longer after the game comes out and give us enough credit as gamers who follow the industry to lie to us, saying that this content was not ready at the time of release. But right now the way they are handling this is very frustrating and rings of the situation with the horse armor in Oblivion.

LordAndrew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 36

#25  Edited By LordAndrew

Five costume packs at four bucks each? No thanks.

Treppass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Treppass

costumes dont apeal at all, championship mode however....

copycatzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#27  Edited By copycatzen

I will pay for the costumes

mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 6

#28  Edited By mike

So wait...$60 for the game and an additional $20 for costumes?  Wow.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.