Official Match Video Thread

#101 Edited by Stang (4726 posts) -

Me and Ultima had a pretty damn fun set tonight, here is a vid of him making me cry. Took me like 4 games to regain my composure.

#102 Posted by lordofultima (6204 posts) -
@Stang: It was a shitty night of arguing and stress in my house, but that was a pretty sick win there I have to admit. You still more than doubled my wins. GGS
#103 Posted by Stang (4726 posts) -
@lordofultima: Yeah, I could tell there was a lot going on at your pad. Sucks that I caught you on a weird night, but we had some gg's nonetheless. I put a disclaimer in the first vid description just in case :p
#104 Posted by Jeffsekai (7026 posts) -

Man that comeback from Ultima was amazing.

#105 Posted by Stang (4726 posts) -
@Jeffsekai: No kidding, I could not hate on that. The next video is even better, check it out.
#106 Posted by demontium (4707 posts) -
@Stang: I wanna rematch you and fight ultima
#107 Posted by Stang (4726 posts) -
@demontium: Well, I have the power to give you a rematch. For whatever reason, Ultima does not follow my commands, so playing him is on you. Damn kids just don't listen to their elders anymore :\
#108 Posted by demontium (4707 posts) -
@Stang said:
" @demontium: Well, I have the power to give you a rematch. For whatever reason, Ultima does not follow my commands, so playing him is on you. Damn kids just don't listen to their elders anymore :\ "
Im pretty sure you are my elder, however i don't think ultima likes me nor blanka players: double whammy. 

: (
#109 Posted by lordofultima (6204 posts) -
@demontium said:
" @Stang said:
" @demontium: Well, I have the power to give you a rematch. For whatever reason, Ultima does not follow my commands, so playing him is on you. Damn kids just don't listen to their elders anymore :\ "
Im pretty sure you are my elder, however i don't think ultima likes me nor blanka players: double whammy.  : ( "
What gave you that idea? Blanka is free, AND I LOVE YOU..
#110 Posted by Jeffsekai (7026 posts) -
@lordofultima said:
" @demontium said:
" @Stang said:
Im pretty sure you are my elder, however i don't think ultima likes me nor blanka players: double whammy.  : ( "
What gave you that idea? Blanka is free, AND I LOVE YOU.. "
Its true Blanka is free.
#111 Posted by demontium (4707 posts) -
@lordofultima said:
" @demontium said:
" @Stang said:
Free?
#112 Posted by lordofultima (6204 posts) -
@demontium said:
" @lordofultima said:
" @demontium said:
" @Stang said:
Free? "
Three and doughnuts.
#113 Posted by demontium (4707 posts) -
@lordofultima said:
" @demontium said:
" @lordofultima said:
" @demontium said:
" @Stang said:
Free? "
Three and doughnuts. "
I don't quite understand you, maybe you can explain it over XBL when we play (crosses fingers).
#114 Posted by lordofultima (6204 posts) -
@demontium said:
" @lordofultima said:
" @demontium said:
" @lordofultima said:
" @demontium said:
" @Stang said:
Free? "
Three and doughnuts. "
I don't quite understand you, maybe you can explain it over XBL when we play (crosses fingers). "
It's all waffle batter man! I will make you into a fine waffle indeed!
#115 Edited by demontium (4707 posts) -
@lordofultima said:

" @demontium said:

" @lordofultima said:
" @demontium said:
" @lordofultima said:
" @demontium said:
" @Stang said:
Free? "
Three and doughnuts. "
I don't quite understand you, maybe you can explain it over XBL when we play (crosses fingers). "
It's all waffle batter man! I will make you into a fine waffle indeed! "
I feel like this is an inside joke that everyone gets but me.... give me an hour, CAPCOMmunity must have an answer. 

EDIT: Well couldn't find it in the auction house... but I am bidding on the "Come get some" shirt. Lol @ sonic broom
#116 Posted by lordofultima (6204 posts) -
@demontium said:
" @lordofultima said:

" @demontium said:

" @lordofultima said:
" @demontium said:
" @lordofultima said:
" @demontium said:
" @Stang said:
Free? "
Three and doughnuts. "
It's all waffle batter man! I will make you into a fine waffle indeed! "
I feel like this is an inside joke that everyone gets but me.... give me an hour, CAPCOMmunity must have an answer.  EDIT: Well couldn't find it in the auction house... but I am bidding on the "Come get some" shirt. Lol @ sonic broom "
YOU FOOL, I SAID THAT TO THROW YOU OFF.
#117 Posted by demontium (4707 posts) -

Yup.... i am a fool.
#118 Posted by mubress (1517 posts) -
Back on topic briefly......

Games 1, 2 & 3 from the GiantBomb Rage Quit Demon 2 Tournament between me and GetEveryone, baelrrogg (Dryph) and thegoldencat respectively.
For some reason the final set against cat is missing so it's only the first two, not sure what happened there.

Unfortunately the lag ruins lots of combo opportunitys etc, but some good games were still had. I will post the other games once I get round to uploading them :)
#119 Edited by GetEveryone (4455 posts) -
@mubress: Oh noes. *watches*

Edit: Flowchart! I do so much random shit here and don't even block cross-ups. You were right about dropped combos though, we both seem to do it a bit. Totally need to get more sets on with you: higher standard of competition.
#120 Edited by thegoldencat7 (1488 posts) -

Good god.  

Edit: Just watching yours first GE. You at least put up more of a fight than I did. 
Oh dear this is going to be painful...
#121 Edited by Scooper (7882 posts) -
@mubress: That masher Sagat was a bit of a bad egg tbh. You deserved to win the tourny. You were no doubtedly the best player. tHat Bison was pretty good too, though.
#122 Edited by thegoldencat7 (1488 posts) -

Ah memories. Quite a lot went wrong there, at one point I seem to do an ultra by accident(?). Think I kinda gave up about halfway through the first round. 
Pretty horrible, could've been worse.

#123 Posted by mubress (1517 posts) -
@GetEveryone: Yeah we should play again. I'm trying out Abel atm so if u fancy that matchup then send me an invite sometime.

@Scooper: I can't really blame him for mashing considering the connection we had. I was still going for long ass combos when it was almost impossible to link them......

@thegoldencat7: If you mean the ultra at about 4.00 then that was totally baited!!....... NOT :)
#124 Posted by thegoldencat7 (1488 posts) -

I'm slow,  
but I'm not that slow! 
WIth my (now broken) pad teleporting and ultras were essentially interchangeable. 

Good match though, I look forward to the next tournament.    
#125 Posted by Stang (4726 posts) -

Me vs Necrotrophic

Have one using Blanka, I don't think Jeff or Demontium can handle it though.
#126 Posted by Necrotrophic (261 posts) -

blanka match = embarrassing lol

either way, awesome set. i think i get better every time i play you

#127 Posted by Stang (4726 posts) -
@Necrotrophic: No worries, Blanka is a joke, I feel more embarrassed then you for using him! And I agree, your Chun is coming along nicely, like I said when we played...playing defensively suits you better then rush down. 

And F you for not letting me kara throw when I want, not cool. :(
#128 Posted by mubress (1517 posts) -

Games 4, 5 & 6 from the GiantBomb Rage Quit Demon 2 Tournament between me and Driadon, VicRattlehead and J_Las_Vegas respectively. 
The first set of the match VS Vegas is missing as I forgot to hit record, but all you miss is my Fei Long getting owned :)

So come witness the extraordinary spectacle that is me getting annoyed playing blanka, jabbed to death by Balrog (Boxer) and pwned by Ryu. 

#129 Edited by thegoldencat7 (1488 posts) -

Some nice ironic comedy in our text chat comments essentially saying Vegas has got no F-ing  chance. Oops.
#130 Posted by GetEveryone (4455 posts) -
@thegoldencat7: It was such an outrageous upset. You up for any games tonight? If I can get my camera to work, then I might be able to record.
#131 Edited by thegoldencat7 (1488 posts) -
@GetEveryone said:

" @thegoldencat7: It was such an outrageous upset. You up for any games tonight? If I can get my camera to work, then I might be able to record."

Sure. Epic Re-Match No. 3,4,5? (I'll win one sooner or later...)
Although I generally only play games from Friday onwards.  
Also I think one video of me humiliating myself on youtube is quite enough.
#132 Posted by mubress (1517 posts) -
@thegoldencat7: Yeah I did notice some of that whilst I was playing. Especially when someone mentioned he should play as blanka, very glad he didn't.

@GetEveryone: Are you playing as Abel now or have you just got that icon cuz it looks cool? Just asking because I'm playing with him quite a bit now, we could have some stupid mirror matches.
#133 Posted by J_Las_Vegas (144 posts) -
@mubress: Looking back at the video, I probably would have lost the last match if there had been no disconnect.  Iusually do well against Abel, If you had picked Balrog you would have won 3-0

@thegoldencat7 said:

" Some nice ironic comedy in our text chat comments essentially saying Vegas has got no F-ing  chance. Oops. "

I'm glad you guys had such confidence in me.  It must have spurred me on. ;)
#134 Posted by GetEveryone (4455 posts) -
@mubress: I started to pick him up a few weeks ago, but went for Gen instead. Even then I'm not very far with him. I could do with some Abel advice, or at least play a good one though, so that would be good. I'll message you when I'm on later. 

@thegoldencat7: Whichever number we're on, ITS DOOM FOR YOU!

I really wanted to say that. Seriously though, I feel like my Ken has levelled up a bit. Well, I did for a few days. All my links were on point. I'll bash out a bit on practice first. Suddenly its half 9....
#135 Posted by Necrotrophic (261 posts) -

I can give some Abel advice....

Everytime I play an Abel, they always try to do dumb shit on wakeup. Like that ex throw thing. It happens almost everytime and I punish it pretty bad.

Youll be better than 90% of the Abel players if you're more creative on wakeup and dont roll around too much. So many Abel players just do random rolls like they dont know you can use a throw against it. 

#136 Posted by StaticFalconar (4849 posts) -
@mubress: I totally should have taken my own advise and tried my last game against you with blanka instead of being stupid and saying thank you may have I another. 
#137 Posted by mubress (1517 posts) -
@StaticFalconar: I was actually waiting for you to at the end. I was going to change to Blanka also after I inevitably lost with Bison to create a terrible mirror match. That would've been fun!
#138 Posted by Napalm (9020 posts) -
@mubress: Who was playing the turtle Blanka?
#139 Posted by mubress (1517 posts) -
@Napalm: That would be Driadon. All Blanka players turtle anyway don't they? :)

Seriously though, I hate playing Blanka no matter how the person plays with them. If they jump all over me or spam electricity or sit spamming blanka balls it makes no difference.
#140 Posted by Stang (4726 posts) -

@ps3scrubs

Go buy a 360, I need some new competition.

#141 Posted by Driadon (2995 posts) -
@mubress: Speaking of me, after watching those matches I realize I really need to dash more and jump less. That's a good chunk of what probably killed me in the rest of the tournament.
#142 Posted by mubress (1517 posts) -
@Driadon: Well I'm glad you got something from the video. It always helps to watch your matches back.
#143 Edited by thegoldencat7 (1488 posts) -

@mubress:
@GetEveryone:

Well I would quite like a rematch with Mubress as well, so we might as well make a wee mini-tournament out of it. What say?

#144 Posted by Napalm (9020 posts) -
@mubress: All this Driadon fellow do was stand around, do his electric attack and that stupid anti air rolling ball.

I also didn't know Fei Long had a crossup. How useful is that?

@Stang: And by "competition", you mean "new guys to beat up on".
#145 Posted by mubress (1517 posts) -
@Napalm said:
"I also didn't know Fei Long had a crossup. How useful is that?"

Pretty handy although timing seems a bit tight on certain characters.

@thegoldencat7: I'm always up for games. If we are all on at the same time then make it so!

Oh man I wish super would hurry up and come out though. Then we could play all the tourneys we wanted!
#146 Posted by Driadon (2995 posts) -
@Napalm: Did you expect combos? From Blanka? You, sir, suggest maddness!

@mubress: Once Super arrives I will no-doubt ask for a rematch :)
#147 Posted by Stang (4726 posts) -
@Napalm: Ha! Mubress very well be able to hold his own. One day it will happen.
#148 Posted by Stang (4726 posts) -

Me vs Napalm. Yeah I know I suck, fuck off.

#149 Edited by Napalm (9020 posts) -

The epic battle of the American blonds - also known as you whipping my ass all over the place.

EDIT: I actually just want to see the M. Bison v. Ken fight, because the whole while I was spamming slide sweep, I was laughing so hard. I was loopy at that point and so I was just having fun, haha.

#150 Posted by Stang (4726 posts) -

That vid is still uploading. I gotta give it to you though, you almost beat me doing nothing but slides!

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.