Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Street Fighter IV

Game » consists of 9 releases. Released Jul 18, 2008

After nearly a decade in hiatus, Capcom's signature mainline fighting game series resurfaces with its fourth main installment, combining the traditional 2D gameplay with modern fully-3D graphics.

Picking you next character, (2nd, 3rd)

Farley_Lives

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 12

#1  Edited By Farley_Lives

I'd thought it might be interesting to bring up the topic of picking out another character. I find it a lot more interesting the finding a main, for two reasons. The point at which people choose and reason who they pick varies a lot from player to player. Some people play as one character only, some people do the "jack of all trades, master of none" scenario. I've just found it interesting and wanted to find out what it's like for others.

Up until now I solely played Sagat, I've managed to get to a long way with him, I wouldn't say I'm tournament level, but I'm to a point where I can stay competitive. Now I starting playing with Zangief, I like him quite a bit. I've never really used grapplers much, but I've always gravitated to powerhouse fighters, like Sagat. I just made him my official 2nd, so now I get to mix it up online a little and I can play people at different levels.

At some point I might try a 3rd but Until then, I'll stick with Sagat and Gief

AndrewJD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#2  Edited By AndrewJD

Same here actually, been maining with Sagat and doing pretty well. Recently I've gotten a bit bored with him, so tried out Gief and I actually quite like him. It's tough to pull off some of his moves in the heat of battle, but I think I'm improving with him.

logson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#3  Edited By logson

I'm in the process of finding my 2nd character. I've been maining Sakura for two weeks, but have recently hit a brick wall with my skills. I'm decent, but don't see myself getting much better with her. Playing Sakura is a blast, but I'm in need of a new spice varietal.
    I think I might give Gen a go, because I've only faced one online, which will hopefully translate to opponents not knowing the matchup. We'll see.

LiquidPrince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#4  Edited By LiquidPrince

I use C.Viper, Chun-Li, Ken, and Akuma as my main, and occasionally dabble with Sakura.

ImperiousRix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 45

User Lists: 4

#5  Edited By ImperiousRix

I just discovered Vega fit my playstyle pretty well with just playing around with all the fighters.
    Becoming more adept with charge characters, my 2nd and 3rd soon became Guile and Chun Li, respectively.

JJOR64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

#6  Edited By JJOR64

I use Blanka as my first and E.Honda as my second.

PureRok

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#7  Edited By PureRok

I main Cammy and kind of mess around with Sakura. I liked her a lot more in SFA3. Something about her feels off in SFIV (probably the inability to block in the air).

ImperiousRix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 45

User Lists: 4

#8  Edited By ImperiousRix
    PureRok said:
    "I main Cammy and kind of mess around with Sakura. I liked her a lot more in SFA3. Something about her feels off in SFIV (probably the inability to block in the air)."

Yeh, I've tried maining Sakura, but she seems to have... problems.  I feel like her reach is severely lacking and she doesn't have a lot of great ways to get inside.
    REDRUN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By REDRUN

Main: Cammy, Second: Guile, Third: Ken or Ryu. I dabble with Dan, Zangief, Banka, Sakura or Rose. Rose is a beautifully designed character, i mean this in her move-sets... and her awesome rack too.

SirSynapse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#11  Edited By SirSynapse

I main Bison (headstomp ftw) and second Honda but from there I generally just like to mix it up with charge characters. and Dan.

Avatar image for adamantiumfiend
    adamantiumfiend

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By adamantiumfiend

main: sakura
    second: akuma

its funny because since street fighter II on the SNES i've always used ryu, he was the first character i ever used and just always gravitated toward him especially since i loved his "HADOKEN!", but then all of sudden one day with SFIV i just decided to give sakura a try (a character i totally regret passing over back in the alpha 3 days) and i love her style....i love that her hadoken can be charged (even if it is at the cost of the distance it can travel), i love her shouoken, especially the EX version...but mostly i love having this little school girl beat up on my friend's sagat...its just awesome...as far as akuma, he's just a bad ass and again i regret neglecting him in the previous iterations of Street Fighter...

Serker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#13  Edited By Serker

Main: Dhalsim
    Alt: Zangief

I hadn't played a SF game until SFIV and I wanted to play as someone not many people use.
    Gief was my main for a while but I'm enjoying Dhalsim much more so I switched over. I think the only other character I'm interested in learning right now is M. Bison, but charge characters are tough. I can barely pull off his Ultra combo.

kmdrkul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By kmdrkul

Live and Die by: El Fuerte
    Alt: Anyone, doesn't matter; I likely suck ass with whoever it is.

s3ank1m

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#15  Edited By s3ank1m

Main: Ryu
    Alt : I wanna learn to use Balrog

Gambit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Gambit

I play around with quite a few characters but my main is Cammy after her I play the most with Fei long sakura and Ryu.

SpecialBuddy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By SpecialBuddy

Rufus just seemed to be a perfect fit for me but I didnt find him until I went through maining (in this order): Abel, Bison, Blanka, Guile, Honda, Balrog, Vega, then i found Rufus. But through this whole episode of switching mains every few days Ive always played as Gen and Zangief. Thoughs two are fun to play and ive always been good with them just not great. But now im trying to learn El Fuerte but keep my skills with Rufus Gen and The Gief. (and if you havent noticed i dont play shotos)

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.