Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Street Fighter IV

Game » consists of 9 releases. Released Jul 18, 2008

After nearly a decade in hiatus, Capcom's signature mainline fighting game series resurfaces with its fourth main installment, combining the traditional 2D gameplay with modern fully-3D graphics.

Please help me improve my SFIV game!

• 81 results
    Renahzor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 3

#51  Edited By Renahzor
    @Stang said:
    " @SpecialBuddy: Oh, we are being serious! I will be home from the gym by 4, anytime after is fine by me.   Are we really going to 50? Im down I guess, but I am warning you now....creatine + all the water I drink while lifting weights ='s piss breaks every 20 minutes. "
    No breaks, you'll pay with more urgency.  The focus from that will make you a GOD!  

Does anyone have a flowchart update for Super?  Im thinking of swappin my main to Ken, I hear hes god tier compared to cammy.  C/D?  

god damn I love SF4 board offtopic threads. 
    Stang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#52  Edited By Stang
    @Renahzor: I honestly don't have any details about Ken in Super, I don't even know if his new ultra is fadcable. 

Confirm/deny Ken>Cammy....DENY! You almost wrecked me months ago when we played.  A dude by the name of B0KKIN makes me cry tears of blood when he picks Cammy, and it is not even his main! I got your back about switching to Ken though, I have a feeling you would rep well.

And not cool for not letting me take breaks, holding piss causes cancer. True story.
    Adamantium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53  Edited By Adamantium

I love watching this shit unfold! And Cammy makes me cry like a f*cking two-year old... Cannon Spike, Cannon Drill, repeat ad nauseum!

SpecialBuddy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54  Edited By SpecialBuddy
    @Stang said:
    " @SpecialBuddy: Oh, we are being serious! I will be home from the gym by 4, anytime after is fine by me.   Are we really going to 50? Im down I guess, but I am warning you now....creatine + all the water I drink while lifting weights ='s piss breaks every 20 minutes. "
    @Renahzor said:
    No breaks, you'll pay with more urgency.
    Like the man said NO breaks! This is a test of endurance.
    Stang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55  Edited By Stang
    @Adamantium: No kidding, what irks me is that those damn cannon spikes come out so damn quick, no matter how much I mash I lose to the damn things every time. Remember though, down-back>Cammy!
    Renahzor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#56  Edited By Renahzor
    @Stang said:
    " @Adamantium: No kidding, what irks me is that those damn cannon spikes come out so damn quick, no matter how much I mash I lose to the damn things every time. Remember though, down-back>Cammy! "
    Do not listen to this mad man.  The best way to beat cammy is to never block.  True story.

PS:  Not actually a true story.
    Adamantium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57  Edited By Adamantium
    @Renahzor said:
    " @Stang said:
    " @Adamantium: No kidding, what irks me is that those damn cannon spikes come out so damn quick, no matter how much I mash I lose to the damn things every time. Remember though, down-back>Cammy! "
    Do not listen to this mad man.  The best way to beat cammy is to never block.  True story.    PS:  Not actually a true story. "
    Haha yes. And no. And yes.
    Avatar image for deactivated-57beb9d651361
    deactivated-57beb9d651361

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Thought while this thread was here I may as well post some tips I gave to Scooper previously.

As somebody else mentioned, one of your greatest assets is fireballs, so I won't go into that. All I will say is that following up a fireball from not quite full screen distance with a fierce dash palm (or other strengths depending on distance) will sometime catch them unaware. Also, if you knock them out of the air with strong or fierce fireballs, be prepared to follow it up with a dash palm as well.

Cr.mp/hp is your friend. Both are surprisingly quick, so resetting after a back grab with either, then straight into demon flip dive kick can often catch people off-guard and net you an easy, massive damage combo (and likely put them in a corner). The combo to follow up with is basically what you should use whenever you can land it - demon-flip dive kick, st.hp, ex/dash palm -> dash, tatsu... obviously they will be expecting this, which is why mix-up is so useful with him, but this is his BnB. 

If you've already thrown this out, crouching mp links into hurrice/EX hurricane kick, as does crouching fierce, so you could try that. Demon-flip mix-up is a great tool at close range, so throw out the grab and low kick at close ranges to catch them off-guard. Be wary of SRK though.

Play around with different mix-ups. Jumping mp (if you meet in the air) to cr.hp works I think, and considering they likely haven't seen it won't expect whatever you follow up with ( sometimes just another grab to hurricane kick will suffice). Jumping lk then dashing will often find you on the other side of them as they land, which can be mega hard to prepare for, so if you can ever get that to come out in game its very useful.

Looking back over this, it totally makes me want to play him again. 

Edit: This thread has taken THE TURN!!1 I'm placing a bet on the first to 50. My money would probably go on SpecialBuddy/ I know for a fact after the gym I'm not capable of thinking, let alone playing 50 games of SF4. This game is thrown.

AniMoney

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By AniMoney

First to 50 is stoopid. Whenever I play that much both of us start dicking around with random characters and mirror matches.

napalm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#60  Edited By napalm
    @AniMoney said:
    " First to 50 is stoopid. Whenever I play that much both of us start dicking around with random characters and mirror matches. "
    Yeah, nobody is going to do that. That is way too much Street Fighter IV. Most people will get bored by 25 matches.
    Scooper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#61  Edited By Scooper

First to 50? Errr. It's your funeral.

Stang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62  Edited By Stang

Looks like the haters are out in full force! Last massive session I had was against the beast Flushes......yeah we know how that turned out.

Scooper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63  Edited By Scooper
    @Stang: Yeah, he destroyed you.
    Stang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64  Edited By Stang
    @Scooper: In the sense he beat me twice out of like 35 games, you are right. I fucked up not shutting him out completely :(
    Adamantium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65  Edited By Adamantium
    @Stang said:
    " @Scooper: In the sense he beat me twice out of like 35 games, you are right. I fucked up not shutting him out completely :( "
    Haha, dude I remember that thread! Didn't he try to blame it on lag and your "cheap tactics"? Lolz, funny stuff.
    Stang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66  Edited By Stang
    @Adamantium: Yep, he blamed everything in the world besides his lack of ability. It is all good, in the end I have a picture that is capable of shutting him up in the wild scenario he decides to talk shit.

Hedgehog on the other hand is not an asshat, so there will be no shenanigans. He is known to rage quit though.

edit

Just to intimidate Hedgehog

No Caption Provided

YOU ARE NEXT SON!
    AniMoney

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67  Edited By AniMoney
    @Napalm said:
    " @AniMoney said:
    " First to 50 is stoopid. Whenever I play that much both of us start dicking around with random characters and mirror matches. "
    Yeah, nobody is going to do that. That is way too much Street Fighter IV. Most people will get bored by 25 matches. "
    I wouldn't get bored, but I certainly wouldn't be playing at my best. 

I played a 90 game session with a dude on my friends list once. After about the first 50 we just started doing Akuma mirrors, Abel mirrors, Seth mirrors, basically all the fun mirror matches in the game.
    Stang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68  Edited By Stang

Hedgehog ain't free, so there will be no dicking around. If there is, I will fly to Texas and swiftly kick him in the ass.

Thrawn1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69  Edited By Thrawn1
    @Stang said:
    " Hedgehog ain't free, so there will be no dicking around. If there is, I will fly to Texas and swiftly kick him in the ass. "
    True, but he rarely ever plays seriously and he's been having an identity crisis concerning his main lately.
    EvilGreenDevil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70  Edited By EvilGreenDevil

"GEN PLAYER FOR LIFE"
    napalm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71  Edited By napalm
    @AniMoney said:

" @Napalm said:

" @AniMoney said:
    Yeah, nobody is going to do that. That is way too much Street Fighter IV. Most people will get bored by 25 matches. "
    I wouldn't get bored, but I certainly wouldn't be playing at my best.  I played a 90 game session with a dude on my friends list once. After about the first 50 we just started doing Akuma mirrors, Abel mirrors, Seth mirrors, basically all the fun mirror matches in the game. "
    90 games? Are you fucking insane? I can barely do a first to ten (as we all know) much less even 50.
    Scooper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72  Edited By Scooper
    @Napalm said:
    " @AniMoney said:
    " @Napalm said:
    " @AniMoney said:
    I wouldn't get bored, but I certainly wouldn't be playing at my best.  I played a 90 game session with a dude on my friends list once. After about the first 50 we just started doing Akuma mirrors, Abel mirrors, Seth mirrors, basically all the fun mirror matches in the game. "
    90 games? Are you fucking insane? I can barely do a first to ten (as we all know) much less 90. "
    Hey dude I'll give you first to 10 with my 2 day old Seth. You have to be able to do something with that.
    napalm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73  Edited By napalm
    @Scooper said:

" @Napalm said:

" @AniMoney said:
    " @Napalm said:
    " @AniMoney said:
    90 games? Are you fucking insane? I can barely do a first to ten (as we all know) much less 90. "
    Hey dude I'll give you first to 10 with my 2 day old Seth. You have to be able to do something with that. "
    We'll do first to five one day, then first to five another day. First to ten is too much for me. I got bored the other day after like five matches. I can't do first to ten to save my life.
    Stang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74  Edited By Stang
    @Thrawn said:

" @Stang said:

" Hedgehog ain't free, so there will be no dicking around. If there is, I will fly to Texas and swiftly kick him in the ass. "
    True, but he rarely ever plays seriously and he's been having an identity crisis concerning his main lately. "
    Nope, excuses are not allowed here, especially from him. If I pick Ryu the entire time and lose, can I blame that? He is not my main obviously. 

Hedgehog is decent with everybody, if he wants to pick Dan the whole time, fine by me. I will be recording all of them, so it is up to him. Street Fightin is serious business.
    AniMoney

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75  Edited By AniMoney
    @Stang: I've been thinking about recording games myself, how many megapixels is your camera?
    Stang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76  Edited By Stang
    @AniMoney: Hell if I know, here is the link 

LINK
    SpecialBuddy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77  Edited By SpecialBuddy

I might even stream this monster of a set if I feel like it. 

On the topic of how long this will go lets go to 20 instead. We both got other stuff we could be doing.

AniMoney

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78  Edited By AniMoney
    @SpecialBuddy said:
    " I might even stream this monster of a set if I feel like it.   On the topic of how long this will go lets go to 20 instead. We both got other stuff we could be doing. "
    Yes stream please. When is this goin down?
    Stang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79  Edited By Stang

I need to clean a bit around the house, but I am good to go in about an hour/hour 30. I will be recording like I said.

edit

I will be on at 5 warming up, need 15ish minutes after that.

lordofultima

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 9

#80  Edited By lordofultima

I did best of 100 with West before, so you could say that's a first to 50 or something, even though he must have won 65 of those. and I've also got 79 wins on Gambit (not too hard to do).

AniMoney

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81  Edited By AniMoney

First to 50 is totally the new first to 10. 

School got cancelled for me again for the next 2 days, so I can play people tomorrow if anyone wants to go first to 50. <3 snow 

That's a serious offer if you have a microphone and a good connection.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.