Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Street Fighter IV

Game » consists of 9 releases. Released Jul 18, 2008

After nearly a decade in hiatus, Capcom's signature mainline fighting game series resurfaces with its fourth main installment, combining the traditional 2D gameplay with modern fully-3D graphics.

Postfight overintensity.

• 65 results
    napalm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By napalm

You're probably thinking, "what the fuck is overintensity?"

Well, for starters, that shit ain't no word, son.

For, err.... second...ers... overintensity is essentially the "overly intense" feeling you get either when you lose, or when you win, accompanied by especially primal behavior, such as throwing things, hitting things, screaming/howling, clenching fists and yelling, "YEEAAAHH" repeatedly.

I've never had a real problem with showing overintensity when I lose or win. The only times I really experienced it was during long sessions, or if I lose to some bullshit masher in the final seconds. Basically, anything that got my blood boiling a little bit.

However, it's been a sort of an issue ever since I started playing again a week ago. These primal screams have been every other match, whether I win or lose. if I lose, it's a shitload of expletives at the top of my lung, (see: FPS Doug when he gets killed for the first time in CS). However, I don't smash my controller. Well, I only did it once! When I win however, it's met my knuckle-crackingly hard fist clenches, and probably the most intense screams that would rival death metal vocalists. I only describe it like this, because the back of my skull actually started hurting from screaming so much and my voice is starting to go. My natural emotionally-intense personality usually takes over all primary, normal brain functions when I'm in this mode and all I know are things such as fist clenches, extreme muscle contractions and various expletives.

So, does anybody else have a little bit of a problem with this, or is it just me? That's a rhetorical question. Discuss!

Stang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By Stang

I hit shit when I lose to dp mashers, so far I have gone thru 3 sets of buttons. SE is a pretty damn durable, I am amazed mine still functions at any level. I also cuss like a mother fucker, the lady downstairs actually came up once when I had my window opened and was screaming fuck you at the top of my lungs. Good times.

StaticFalconar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By StaticFalconar

They are called emotions you robot, but yeah, I usually have them when I'm having fun.

napalm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By napalm

I don't why, it's just weird coming back to this, I have this strange overzealous intensity no matter what happens. It's crazy! I'm going to blow a hole in my own skull from screaming so hard!

@Stang: I guess it's different from you since you live in an apartment/condo/etc. You can't be especially loud.

Avatar image for kevinthedeviant
    KevinTheDeviant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By KevinTheDeviant

I've gotten frustrated enough to grit my teeth or tighten the muscles in my neck without realizing it. Actually, now that you mention it, there was a time when I was playing Spider-man 3, because someone suckered me into giving it a go. Well, the swinging was the only enjoyable feature in the game. So naturally, they add a mission where you're stuck in a sewer, being attacked by a massive amount of lizard-people. It's made to be incredibly long, repetitive, and frustrating. You have to spam the same attack over and over just to survive. I had planned on beating the mission and going to bed.

The game had other ideas, because they put this shit at the end of the mission, meaning I'd have to do the entire thing over if I didn't get past it now. So it's like three in the morning already, and I've been doing the same stupid fight over and over. Did I mention it's timed? Yeah. So I almost survive, almost beat the damn thing, and one of the little flunkies kills me. What followed could only be described as a guttural, primal scream, only silent. Like all the facial movement, none of the sound.

Strange, the actions of a frustrated gamer.

lordofultima

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 9

#6  Edited By lordofultima

Yes, it's called anger management. I know very well I need a psych, I'm not proud of it. I've thrown many objects, sometimes at other people in my house, and kicked holes in doors/walls. Afterward I usually take a long walk and cool off. Nowadays I try to avoid that and just take the walk or go work out. Working out while pissed is phenomenal.

Flushes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Flushes

Insert footage of loltima losing, then cut to a weight-lifting montage. Eye of the tiger!

lordofultima

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By lordofultima
    @Flushes said:
    " Insert footage of loltima losing, then cut to a weight-lifting montage. Eye of the tiger! "
    Yeah I should be ripped by now. I've already done a couple montage videos involving eye of the tiger though, so I think that's over-played. Maybe Final Countdown. Maybe.
    demontium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 5

#9  Edited By demontium

I bite my hands. 

no joke

Scooper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Scooper

So that's why you can't play over 10 games! Your spleen turns into fire and blows up if you do. Yeah I get pissed off at games now and I never used to when I was a kid. I mean I used to get angry but never aggressive. I guess it's all part of being a man and getting the shitty primal hormones that tell you to rip your opponent's throat out if they beat you. I tend to stop playing if I get frustrated to a certain ammount and just go for a walk, like Ultima said. In games where I can only be annoyed while playing I give up entirely, reason being I traded in my copy of MW2 today.

napalm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By napalm
    @Scooper: No, I can do first to 10, but I just get bored. I guess I'm more interested in just sparing/casuals for five or six games.

But even when I win, even if it's not a major upset, I'm standing up and clenching and screaming shit like, "YEEEAAAAH. THAT'S HOW YOU DO IT! FUCK YEAAAH."
    Scooper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Scooper
    @Napalm: Ahh, I don't really get that elated when I win. Which I think is kind of a good thing. Having high highs makes you get lower lows, I guess. Anyways, I actualy enjoy fighting your Guile so I could play for a while. I think talking to your opponent on the mic while you're fighting them stops you getting soo angry after a loss. It does for me.
    Whisperkill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 11

#13  Edited By Whisperkill
    @StaticFalconar said:
    " They are called emotions you robot, but yeah, I usually have them when I'm having fun. "
    I laughed at this a good bit
    jaycee13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By jaycee13

I never really get angry at this game anymore. I thinks it's rather funny when a masher beats me. But if i do get angry I stay calm and either throw a few hooks at my own face or bite myself 'till I bleed.

Avatar image for deathstriker666
    deathstriker666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By deathstriker666

+1 for PurePwnage reference

Here's the video if want to see it

AniMoney

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By AniMoney

I only get mad when I lose to randoms online that I should be able to beat. When I play friends its all fun though.

Thrawn1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Thrawn1

sagat once told me to show no emotion, especially in 3s

Jeffsekai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Jeffsekai

I get super pissed when I lose to people who just do random shit and win. Like I know im better than them but i lose :( DP mashers also annoy the hell outta me. I've broken a headset but since im always on a TE now I try to stay calm and not break it so i normally hit my couch im sitting on. If I'm really mad I just shut off my xbox and go yell at my computer about how dumb a mach up is, then i load SF4 back up and work on a combo or hope someone gets on soon. 

SO GET ON SOON >:(

napalm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By napalm
    @Jeffsekai: MF'ER I WAS ON. STANG WAS OWNING ME SO I SAID FUCK THIS SHEEEEIT.
    Stang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Stang
    @lordofultima said:
    " Yes, it's called anger management. I know very well I need a psych, I'm not proud of it. I've thrown many objects, sometimes at other people in my house, and kicked holes in doors/walls. Afterward I usually take a long walk and cool off. Nowadays I try to avoid that and just take the walk or go work out. Working out while pissed is phenomenal. "
    See, what am I supposed to do? I go to the gym 5-6 days a week as it stands, what else can I do to stop me from unleashing the power of Beelzebub on my stick when I lose to bullshit? Anger is my fuel, without it I am a mere shadow of a man.
    Heartbreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Heartbreak

I'm peaceful with fighting games, lose and move on. 

I don't want to pay for new shit, so I don't break it.

Stang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Stang
    @Heartbreak: Teach me your ways please.
    Icil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Icil
    @demontium said:
    " I bite my hands.  no joke "
    Word, I used to punch my leg. I figure that I'd control my anger by giving it the penalty of pain. God damn DOA3...
    demontium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By demontium
    @Icil said:
    " @demontium said:
    Word, I used to punch my leg. I figure that I'd control my anger by giving it the penalty of pain. God damn DOA3... "
    My hands have bite marks on them after a good round with stang.
    AniMoney

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By AniMoney
    @demontium said:
    " @Icil said:
    " @demontium said:
    Word, I used to punch my leg. I figure that I'd control my anger by giving it the penalty of pain. God damn DOA3... "
    My hands have bite marks on them after a good round with stang. "
    Wait you're back on xbox now?
    Stang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Stang
    @AniMoney: No, I play on the pc exclusively now.
    Illmatic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Illmatic

If its the first loss of that session of playing, I usually just laugh it off. However, if I'm on a losing streak or if I just got knocked off of a winning streak I tend to get more and more annoyed. In the losing streak's case, my vocal noises go from laughing it off, to yelling "What?!" when I miss a move I would've connected had I been calmer, to just plain cursing at the tv screen. What's worse is that when I play championship, I always end up versing more and more A class contenders the further into a losing streak I go. The moment I face a Blanka/Bison with 15000 pts I call it a day.

Stang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Stang
    @Illmatic said:
    " The moment I face a Blanka/Bison with 15000 pts I call it a day. "
    Um...why?
    Mmmslash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Mmmslash

It's because you are playing SFIV.

Nothing makes a man rage like a little Street Fighting in his down time.

Illmatic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Illmatic
    @Stang said:
    " @Illmatic said:
    " The moment I face a Blanka/Bison with 15000 pts I call it a day. "
    Um...why? "
    Two characters I am my weakest against. I didn't mean I rage quit if that's what you took it to mean. I simply meant that whenever I lose to these two characters, I lose badly.
    Stang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Stang
    @Illmatic: Well don't feel bad, I don't think anybody knows how to beat Blanka consistently besides Rog mains. I don't know who you main, but if I want to beat them I have to play really lame and wait for the green bastard to come to me, rushing down Blanka is asking to die.
    Necrotrophic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Necrotrophic

who do you play as, ill?

demontium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By demontium
    @AniMoney said:
    " @demontium said:
    " @Icil said:
    " @demontium said:
    My hands have bite marks on them after a good round with stang. "
    Wait you're back on xbox now? "
    Yup
    Avatar image for nevereatnirnroot
    NevereatNirnroot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By NevereatNirnroot

i thought cod 4 was bad for this shit but i can honestly say i have never played a game except street fighter which has litteraly left me shakeing after playing. 

the only way i get past it now is by chain smoking. alot.

TheLastNeo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By TheLastNeo

Post Fight Overintensity... you know I dont think I could have said it better myself.   

I find that Street Fighter presents a very very unique gaming experience, as it never really lets you cool down per se.  For ex... in a game like Modern Warfare 2 or any other FPS  / Shooter for that matter when the game is over, you go back to the lobby, and wait a few minutes and reflect / bitch about the previous game.  In SF however, there's no down time..   You're constantly going back in and asking for more..  Its crazy.. 

Just yesterday I had a Sagat v Sagat match, and it came down to the wire when I pulled of a last second, out of my ass Ultra and won the match... I immediately Yelled "YEAAAAAH!!" at the top of my lungs followed by a equally as loud "WOOOOOOOO!!!"   

Needless to say My wife was like, Are you ok?!  haha.. 

For me, its about the passion for the game.. I've been elated , and driven to screaming out of winning, just as equally as I do when I lose over some bull shit. 

Interestingly though, when I get schooled to the point where I know that that guy out played, and just our right owned me... I pretty much bow my head in defeat, because I know that there was no way in hell I had a chance.. 

Xandurson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#36  Edited By Xandurson

I do it more than I should when I play MW2. I get killed by a camper, lose because of a stupid "teammate" in Search and Destroy, or just flat out lose. Everyone can over react but you definitely need to know where the line is. I don't think I have really crossed that line yet. I mean, nothing is broken yet.

luce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#37  Edited By luce

I usually just flip Jesus the bird. Which is messed up cause it's probably not his fault

Jeffsekai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By Jeffsekai

Last night I was waiting for people to get online so I was playing randoms...and oh my god Jump Backers are the bane of my existence jesus christ I can't do anything against people who just run away...then throw out a random move and since theres lag I cant react in time ... UGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH  Then JJOR64 got on then it was k.

Renahzor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 3

#39  Edited By Renahzor
    @Jeffsekai said:
    " Last night I was waiting for people to get online so I was playing randoms...and oh my god Jump Backers are the bane of my existence jesus christ I can't do anything against people who just run away...then throw out a random move and since theres lag I cant react in time ... UGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH  Then JJOR64 got on then it was k. "
    This is certainly the most frustrated I get, especially fighting random hondas with cammy.  They'll jumpback FP all day, and if you move forward they can toss out a headbutt, usually it would be blockable by just watching for it, but lag makes it near impossibly to block in time.  That style of play makes me more frustrated than anything else.  Also the fact that jump back HK from just about everyone(ryu and ken tend to abuse this) beats out spiral arrow is a little annoying.  BLAHH!
    Stang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By Stang

I have recently learned not to give a shit AT ALL about SFIV online, hopefully Super's net code will by vastly improved. Dropping links because of varying amounts of lag between different opponents has taken a toll on me, now I just laugh when some scrub Sagat mashes ex dp through strings or simple strings like crouching short -> standing jab miss.

lordofultima

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By lordofultima
    @Stang said:
    " I have recently learned not to give a shit AT ALL about SFIV online, hopefully Super's net code will by vastly improved. Dropping links because of varying amounts of lag between different opponents has taken a toll on me, now I just laugh when some scrub Sagat mashes ex dp through strings or simple strings like crouching short -> standing jab miss. "
    Your links would be tighter if you didn't mash them like a Cantonese Canteen Polisher. I don't even know what that means.
    Stang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By Stang
    @lordofultima: I haven't "mashed" my links for a few weeks now. I don't know how it happened, but one day I woke up (probably hung over) and it just stopped. 

The point I was trying to make is that every person we play has a different amount of lag that comes with them, it is hard to develop solid links online when you are switching from person to person and the amount of lag varies. Offline I don't miss links, at all. I still enjoy playing online against people like you and others that treat online as if it were offline, but against the general population of mashing SFIV scrubs, I really just don't give a damn anymore.
    lordofultima

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By lordofultima
    @Stang said:
    " @lordofultima: I haven't "mashed" my links for a few weeks now. I don't know how it happened, but one day I woke up (probably hung over) and it just stopped.   The point I was trying to make is that every person we play has a different amount of lag that comes with them, it is hard to develop solid links online when you are switching from person to person and the amount of lag varies. Offline I don't miss links, at all. I still enjoy playing online against people like you and others that treat online as if it were offline, but against the general population of mashing SFIV scrubs, I really just don't give a damn anymore. "
    I agree, online is ass. You can't even block on reaction in some cases. I was playing Scooper's Cammy and I couldn't block Spiral Arrows on reaction because of the connection, so I just turtled for most of the matches to combat that. Didn't want to walk forward and get hit with a Spiral Arrow that I would be able to react to under normal circumstances.
    Stang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By Stang
    @lordofultima: Did you get to experience his Guile? If  you thought Cammy was bad, wait for the laggy sonic boom into crouching roundhouse, that will make you insane.
    Scooper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By Scooper
    @lordofultima said:
    " @Stang said:
    " @lordofultima: I haven't "mashed" my links for a few weeks now. I don't know how it happened, but one day I woke up (probably hung over) and it just stopped.   The point I was trying to make is that every person we play has a different amount of lag that comes with them, it is hard to develop solid links online when you are switching from person to person and the amount of lag varies. Offline I don't miss links, at all. I still enjoy playing online against people like you and others that treat online as if it were offline, but against the general population of mashing SFIV scrubs, I really just don't give a damn anymore. "
    I agree, online is ass. You can't even block on reaction in some cases. I was playing Scooper's Cammy and I couldn't block Spiral Arrows on reaction because of the connection, so I just turtled for most of the matches to combat that. Didn't want to walk forward and get hit with a Spiral Arrow that I would be able to react to under normal circumstances. "
    Don't give me that schpiel, boy! I got a c.jab c.jab c.jab tatsu SRK everytime for my trouble!

Our connection is way better then when I play against Stang or Jeff, though. Believe me. Our connection is like what me and Stang used to get a couple months back, now all we get is ass, unplayable connections that make jump ins almost impossible to reverse on reaction.
    Scooper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By Scooper
    @Stang said:
    " @lordofultima: Did you get to experience his Guile? If  you thought Cammy was bad, wait for the laggy sonic boom into crouching roundhouse, that will make you insane. "
    Come on man. Fuck off.
    lordofultima

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By lordofultima
    @Scooper said:
    " @lordofultima said:
    " @Stang said:
    I agree, online is ass. You can't even block on reaction in some cases. I was playing Scooper's Cammy and I couldn't block Spiral Arrows on reaction because of the connection, so I just turtled for most of the matches to combat that. Didn't want to walk forward and get hit with a Spiral Arrow that I would be able to react to under normal circumstances. "
    Don't give me that schpiel, boy! I got a c.jab c.jab c.jab tatsu SRK everytime for my trouble!  Our connection is way better then when I play against Stang or Jeff, though. Believe me. Our connection is like what me and Stang used to get a couple months back, now all we get is ass, unplayable connections that make jump ins almost impossible to reverse on reaction. "
    Yeah our connection isn't actually that bad, as we could still hit links on eachother and stuff. Although I kept missing jab jab short ex tatsu -_- BUT WHATEVER
    Stang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By Stang
    @Scooper said:

" @Stang said:

" @lordofultima: Did you get to experience his Guile? If  you thought Cammy was bad, wait for the laggy sonic boom into crouching roundhouse, that will make you insane. "

Come on man. Fuck off. "

<3 ya bro

@lordofultima said:

" @Scooper said:

" @lordofultima said:
    " @Stang said:
    Don't give me that schpiel, boy! I got a c.jab c.jab c.jab tatsu SRK everytime for my trouble!  Our connection is way better then when I play against Stang or Jeff, though. Believe me. Our connection is like what me and Stang used to get a couple months back, now all we get is ass, unplayable connections that make jump ins almost impossible to reverse on reaction. "
    Yeah our connection isn't actually that bad, as we could still hit links on eachother and stuff. Although I kept missing jab jab short ex tatsu -_- BUT WHATEVER "

STOP MASHING YOUR LINKS LIKE A CANTONESE HOOKER!!
    Jeffsekai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By Jeffsekai
    @Scooper: Yea but isnt always so much fun!
    Scooper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By Scooper
    @Jeffsekai said:
    " @Scooper: Yea but isnt always so much fun! "
    Yeah, you're right. It isn't.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.