Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Street Fighter IV

Game » consists of 9 releases. Released Jul 18, 2008

After nearly a decade in hiatus, Capcom's signature mainline fighting game series resurfaces with its fourth main installment, combining the traditional 2D gameplay with modern fully-3D graphics.

Question for fellow cammy users

Gambit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By Gambit

Now let me start this off my saying I don't wait around at the character select screen as soon as it pops up. I head straight to cammy. Now with that said alot of people I play in ranked matches have been doing the same they head for there character then they see me hit cammy and they stop and go to guile. Not that this bothers me I can normally win, but was wondering if anyone else here who mains cammy has noticed or had this happen to them.

Superchris129

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Superchris129

Yes, I do get distracted by her ass, you aren't alone.

Dolphin_Butter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 21

#3  Edited By Dolphin_Butter

Yeah, it's happened to me a couple of times. Guile mainly crouches, so it's hard to get a good Spiral Arrow and it's hard to combo with a jumping kick.

Kratos81

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Kratos81

Cammy players seem to be cheap to me. They seem to try the same shit over and over. Guile to some people may think he is better against her, since she is usually played cheap, but it dosent always work out.

jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 9

#5  Edited By jakob187

What I'll do is either linger on Ken or Sagat at the character select screen so they'll pick something retarded, and then once they confirm their pick, I'll pick Cammy.

Meanwhile, if they wait for the timer to clock down, then I'll make sure to move to the row with Cammy...and quickly pick her at the 3 count.  They usually can't get to Guile in time.  = D

You gotta play mind games until that patch comes out, man.

Also, Guile isn't too tough to beat with Cammy, but since Flash Kicks and Sonic Boom speed sensitivity from LP, MP, and HP is so severe against her, it can just be a very tough battle.  What I've found to be a good strat against Guiles is this:

Lure him into Sonic Booms, and use your LP Spinning Knuckle to override it.  They'll either pop an EX Boom after that, or they'll try for a jump-in.  If they EX Boom, block it and punish him with a Spiral Arrow real quick.  If they jump in, use a Cannon Strike to punish him.

Never jump in on his ass, cause those Flash Kicks suck balls.  Instead, work on your Hooligan Throws as a great counter, and only use your EX bar for Hooligan Throws and nothing else.  It's a waste otherwise, and it allows you to catch him Sonic Boom spamming while you put your cooch right in his face and make his skull meet the pavement.

Other than that, lots of LKs for AA, and just play it by ear.  Watch for their patterns.  The Sonic Boom spammers are easy to beat.  The Flash Kickers are a bit tougher.  The guys that are good with Guile are fucking rough.
    Dolphin_Butter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 21

#6  Edited By Dolphin_Butter
    Kratos81 said:
    "Cammy players seem to be cheap to me. They seem to try the same shit over and over. Guile to some people may seem to be better against her, since she is usually played cheap."
    Really? I'd love to hear a more in-depth explanation.
    Gambit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Gambit

I don't have alot of trouble with guile users most just spam sonic boom and flash kicks. I have ran into the rare good guile player who gives me a good fight though.

Gambit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Gambit
    Sleepy_Insomniac said:
    "Kratos81 said:
    "Cammy players seem to be cheap to me. They seem to try the same shit over and over. Guile to some people may seem to be better against her, since she is usually played cheap."
    Really? I'd love to hear a more in-depth explanation."
    He probably loses to cammy alot and there for cammy = cheap.
    jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By jakob187
    Sleepy_Insomniac said:
    "Kratos81 said:
    Really? I'd love to hear a more in-depth explanation."
    Same here.  How is Cammy cheap?  Hell, if anything:
    • She has no ranged attacks like Hadokens (whereas half the roster of SFIV has them in some form)
    • Most of her stuff can easily be overridden
    • Her stamina is relatively weak, so she can be hit hard by virtually any character in the game
    • All of her moves are melee based
    • Most of her moves put her in perfect range for throws, which she can become quite vulnerable to

If anything, Cammy is a character that is at an EXTREME disadvantage against most characters in the game.  If the player is playing what you say is "cheaply" (which I don't know what you could mean by that), then maybe you need to suck it up and get better at the game...because Cammy ain't hard to beat.

Crouch.........................throw...crouch.............................throw....crouch..........................throw

Throw a couple of s.LK in there and you've got a win most of the time against so-called "cheap" players.

Now, if a player knows how to play Cammy WELL and use mind games...turtle her properly...then you are in for a hell of a fight.
    mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 6

#10  Edited By mike

I'd like to hear what Kratos81's definition of "cheap" is - I love it when people use the same moves over and over, that translates into an easy win for me.

Oh, and Gouken can parry Cammy's Ultra.  I love doing that.

Gambit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Gambit

Thats how I play cammy I don't do alot of combo's with her mostly mind games and baiting for mistakes to take advantage of.

jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By jakob187
    MB said:
    "I'd like to hear what Kratos81's definition of "cheap" is - I love it when people use the same moves over and over, that translates into an easy win for me."
    Bingo.  And Hell, to top off what I said above - Cammy has, what, maybe FOUR moves total?!  Spiral Arrow, Cannon Strike, Spinning Knuckle, and Hooligan Throw?  Sure, she has the Cannon SPIKE...but anyone using that must enjoy leaving themselves open for Shuryokens and counters!!!

So how can a character with only FOUR MOVES be "cheap"?  That, to me, means it's difficult to master!!!

Oh, and MB...Gouken may be able to "parry" Cammy's Ultra...

...but you can't parry when you're throwing that Hadoken.  = D  I LOVE popping out an Ultra while Akuma is throwing a Giant Red Fireball...or when a Gouken is charging up that Hadoken he hopes will win the match.

We need to play again sometime.  Maybe Wednesday or Thursday...
    Serker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#13  Edited By Serker

when i go to dhalsim people go straight to cammy.

jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By jakob187
    Serker said:
    "when i go to dhalsim people go straight to cammy."
    A good Dhalsim should be able to obliterate an inexperienced Cammy with NO problem.  A pro Dhalsim against a pro Cammy...THAT is an incredible match.

And Gambit, to reply on your point about playing at Cammy...that stuff only works to a certain point.  Eventually, you have to...HAVE TO...start incorporating your combos into the play if you wanna be able to just obliterate someone.  The challenge mode has a couple of good ones in there.  To be honest, though, the best way to excel with Cammy is to get quick on your cancels and focus cancels, as that's where her bread and butter is...as well as just focus attacks in general.  A well placed focus attack leads into a Spiral Arrow, which will usually lead into a Cannon Strike.

I'll tell you who else is deadly against Cammy:  C. Viper.  Man, that bitch is dirty!  lol
    mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 6

#15  Edited By mike
    jakob187 said:

We need to play again sometime.  Maybe Wednesday or Thursday...
    "
    I'm going to be washing my hair while having a headache on those days.
    jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By jakob187
    MB said:
    "jakob187 said:
    "We need to play again sometime.  Maybe Wednesday or Thursday..."
    I'm going to be washing my hair while having a headache on those days."
    AH YES!  Hair Washy Headache Day.  I forgot about that.
    Kratos81

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Kratos81

Wow, every one is always so quick to jab me.

bagmanforhire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 17

#18  Edited By bagmanforhire

stop saying people are cheap then kratos81 every character has a weakness

REDRUN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#19  Edited By REDRUN
    MB said:
    "I'd like to hear what Kratos81's definition of "cheap" is - I love it when people use the same moves over and over, that translates into an easy win for me.Oh, and Gouken can parry Cammy's Ultra.  I love doing that."
    how dare you!
    REDRUN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By REDRUN
    Kratos81 said:
    "Wow, every one is always so quick to jab me."
    what are we suppose to do to an annoying 10 year old? someone need to rough you up a bit. :)
    Reale

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Reale

i select bison before the other player icon even shows up... they either pause and go for Blanka/Sagat/Guile/Ken/Ryu... i am cool with it because i need to pump up my blanka game (because it sucks atm!)

ImperiousRix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 45

User Lists: 4

#22  Edited By ImperiousRix

Even when people use Cammy, I usually tend to still use Vega (just because I usually automatically had for him, even if I have the intention to play as someone else).  It seems, though, that Cammy was practically designed to kill Vega, since the trajectory on her Cannon Spikes intercept all of my goddamn specials.

SpecialBuddy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By SpecialBuddy

If that keeps happening to you Rix try doing a fake attack. Dont get near her then when they got for the spike punish with a grab or combo.

REDRUN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By REDRUN
    Gambit said:
    "Now let me start this off my saying I don't wait around at the character select screen as soon as it pops up. I head straight to cammy. Now with that said alot of people I play in ranked matches have been doing the same they head for there character then they see me hit cammy and they stop and go to guile. Not that this bothers me I can normally win, but was wondering if anyone else here who mains cammy has noticed or had this happen to them."
    Your not alone, I get Guiles who are shitty at Guile and people hovering over Akuma, then select Sagat when they are certain I made my selection.
    Mercator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Mercator

I dont play alot of ranked matches, as I dont take this game that seriously (or any game for that matter) and remaining in the same lobby after a match is just far more convenient.

I do main Cammy and in my quest for the 10 wins achievement I never encountered one guile. I could see where he would be strong against her though.

GreasyTayTay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By GreasyTayTay

You just need to be careful with Guile... Never jump in and just be patient. Remember when Guile is unarmed (right after letting off a charge, except if he has ultra or super) , EX spiral arrow after sonic booms and once you get a lead you can wait it out and let him be agressive. Unless your opponent is an absolute master, a Guile on the offence shouldn't beat Cammy.

It's a damn good thing Guile isn't Remmy. Remmy having that cold blue kick made him a whole new devastating ball game... In fact, that's pretty much a new topic in iteslf.
    snide

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 14

#27  Edited By snide

I play a lot of cammy and basically think she is one of the harder characters to master simply because she isn't going to get most of her damage from special moves. She's really only good at one thing, annoying your opponent while slowly chipping away at their health with light and medium 3-hit combos up close. I'd say i use spiral arrows more often then not just to close distance to a character then to actually hurt them. She's a weird character to play in that like Abel or Zangief she's only really good when she's on top of her opponent. It's really a more basic old school style of play if you ask me and the best cammy players I've seen out there are more turtlish in their attacks then anything. The only real downside I've found to being a primarily cammy player is that I find it hard getting used to the slower rythym of other characters after I've played her. I's why when I'm not playing cammy, I'm usually playing.... wait for it... Vega. Vega plays the same way in that you're more often then not playing a chip l/m game instead of relying a lot on special moves (which again, like cammy are used half the time just to close the distance).

I do admit Guile is a bitch, but I also have trouble with Zangief and Sagat with Cammy. Zangief mostly because he counters your want to be in close and Sagat because Tiger Knee is the only thing I've found to be too quick to actually react against as Cammy.
    GreasyTayTay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By GreasyTayTay

It may be just that I am at a lower level of play but I don't have any trouble at all with the Gief.  While it is true that you don't want to be anywhere near him, you just gotta play it like boxing, stick and move.  The general rule of thumb I've found for Cammy v. Gief is if I backdash, any method the Gief has of closing distance leaves him open enough for me to put it in his pooper. Aside from the palm attack, but even that you can just watch for and stay back and pick your moves...

But I am the same way, I have been having a hard time getting myself into slower characters so I have found myself working on my Vega a whole lot more...

And of course Dan, because when you play Dan, you're -always- playing fo' seirous.
    turbomonkey138

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#29  Edited By turbomonkey138

*sigh* the cheap argument again ......

Flushes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Flushes

I don't know if this has been mentioned yet, but the reason Guile is so effective against Cammy is that Cammy has no way to hit a crouching block. She has no overhead normal, hooligan can't grab a crouching opponent, cannon strike can be blocked high, etc. Sit there and crouch block, and all she can do is walk up throw.

NukeGoBoom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By NukeGoBoom

Im a decent Cammy user but i almost never use Cannon Strike and think her Ultra sucks.
    But i only play with people on my friend list and nobody picks characters just to piss me off.I dont play ranked matches really much so maybe thats the reason.

PureRok

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#32  Edited By PureRok
    NukeGoBoom said:
    "

Im a decent Cammy user but i almost never use Cannon Strike and think her Ultra sucks.
    But i only play with people on my friend list and nobody picks characters just to piss me off.I dont play ranked matches really much so maybe thats the reason.

"
    Well, her Cannon Strike is really effective and her Ultra isn't that bad.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.