Screw madcatz

#1 Posted by Gambit (727 posts) -

Well I just had yet another fightpad die on me. I thought I was input lag (sorry Eyepatch it wasnt all lag after all) my character was doing inputs slow. But when I went to training mode it was still happening. Then my fightpad just stopped registering down on the d-pad and my light punch and light kick buttons only register inputs half the time.

So screw you madcatz this is my 3rd fightpad to die. First one didnt even work out of the box. Took it back and exchanged it second one worked for awhile till the d-pad stopped working, and now this ARRGGGGGGGGG!!

#2 Posted by turbomonkey138 (4950 posts) -

Madcatz have always been shit

#3 Posted by Pessh (2454 posts) -

Mine died within 5 minutes of taking it out the box.

#4 Posted by lordofultima (6208 posts) -

Well fightpads are known to be shit. Get a TE? lol.

#5 Posted by HotSauceMagik (264 posts) -

I haven't bought a madcatz product since i picked up a controller for n64.  what a piece of shit that thing was.  that said, After playing with the TE and one of the new fightpads, i was surprised at how good they felt.   If I used pads instead of stick, I'd probably have bought one.

Just go with a stick man, you'll improve your game AND they won't crap out on you so quickly.

#6 Posted by Jeffsekai (7026 posts) -

Get a TE son.

#7 Posted by Gambit (727 posts) -

I don't think I have the patience to make the switch to stick. I get to frustrated every time I try it.

#8 Posted by CharleyTony (923 posts) -

Everybody was really eager to say Madcatz actually made great controller when SF4 came out last year. I dont know about the fightpads but the regular edition stick was total garbage. And the fact that the Tournament Edition stick was good is solely based on the fact that the hardware is not even a Madcatz product. And it's price was pretty much like buying a regular stick from them and paying them extra for actual good stick parts. You might as well make it youself or not get it at all.  
Instead of hating Madcatz you could be proud of building a stick with and old controller that you didn't use anymore.
#9 Posted by Jeffsekai (7026 posts) -
@CharleyTony said:
" Everybody was really eager to say Madcatz actually made great controller when SF4 came out last year. I dont know about the fightpads but the regular edition stick was total garbage. And the fact that the Tournament Edition stick was good is solely based on the fact that the hardware is not even a Madcatz product. And it's price was pretty much like buying a regular stick from them and paying them extra for actual good stick parts. You might as well make it youself or not get it at all.  Instead of hating Madcatz you could be proud of building a stick with and old controller that you didn't use anymore. "
Your first point is wrong, no one praised the Pad or the SE. The TE is the only thing that people said was amazing, of course the SE can be fine too if you mod it.
#10 Posted by lordofultima (6208 posts) -
@CharleyTony said:
" Everybody was really eager to say Madcatz actually made great controller when SF4 came out last year. I dont know about the fightpads but the regular edition stick was total garbage. And the fact that the Tournament Edition stick was good is solely based on the fact that the hardware is not even a Madcatz product. And it's price was pretty much like buying a regular stick from them and paying them extra for actual good stick parts. You might as well make it youself or not get it at all.  Instead of hating Madcatz you could be proud of building a stick with and old controller that you didn't use anymore. "
I was pretty much the first person to rage over the SE stick, back before SF4 was even out, so you're wrong there. I do believe the SE stick is a great value even now, because while the joystick and buttons are ass, they are easily hot-swappable thanks to Madcatz design, and they've dropped to like $40 or something, so you can use the funds you didn't spend on the buttons and stick. As for the pad, I felt it and it plays well, it just falls apart for everyone at some point, like an Xbox. 

As far as arcade sticks go, if it doesn't have seimitsu or sanwa hardware to begin with, people don't really expect anything out of the stock parts. doesn't mean they don't have a good shell, pcb and wiring on the inside. IMO that is what makes an arcade stick today, since almost everyone who gets one will swap out for higher quality parts if they don't already have them equipped.
#11 Posted by Stang (4726 posts) -

My fucking piece of shit stick decided not to register my left inputs yesterday. I am really getting tired of this shit, I haven't even beat me stick (hurr durr) in months. Think I may take a break until Super comes out.

#12 Posted by EvilGreenDevil (197 posts) -
@Stang:
you shoulda hit up the TE sticks last weekend when they were on sale.
#13 Posted by Diamond (8634 posts) -

My 2 Fightpads are still going strong, not the greatest pads, but still good.

#14 Posted by lordofultima (6208 posts) -
@Stang said:
" My fucking piece of shit stick decided not to register my left inputs yesterday. I am really getting tired of this shit, I haven't even beat me stick (hurr durr) in months. Think I may take a break until Super comes out. "
You shouldn't beat your stick AT ALL. I rage pretty hard but would never hurt something so precious. Except that one time I punched my SE and bent the metal panel. But that was just once.
#15 Posted by SpecialBuddy (1110 posts) -
@Stang said:
" My fucking piece of shit stick decided not to register my left inputs yesterday. I am really getting tired of this shit, I haven't even beat me stick (hurr durr) in months. Think I may take a break until Super comes out. "
This "break" wont last a week.
#16 Posted by JJOR64 (18906 posts) -
@Gambit:  I thought you played on stick.  Go pad players!
#17 Posted by gewfienewfie (79 posts) -

I've turned a blind eye to Madcatz since the N64 days.

#18 Posted by AniMoney (957 posts) -

Damn that sucks gambit. 

I'm actually planning on using a fightpad pcb to make a custom stick, hopefully the pcb is reliable.

#19 Posted by Stang (4726 posts) -
@lordofultima: I kneed the back panel once also, luckily the metal is very easy to bend :p I know I shouldn't rage, but I do. Losing to shitty people makes me foam out the mouth.

@SpecialBuddy: We will see. I have played about an 1.5 hours total the past 4 days, which for me is like not playing at all. I just don't have the energy to play anymore since I started to hit the gym like Hulk Hogan.
#20 Posted by Odyssey (114 posts) -

Remember when the Fightpads were rare as well? Heh. :\

#21 Posted by Stang (4726 posts) -
@Odyssey: Really. It is just like Nintendo, make it seem like they are an extremely wanted item and keep supply artificially low. It has seemed to work though.
#22 Edited by EvilGreenDevil (197 posts) -

For all interested - Amazon has the TE Fightstick for $99 today with free shipping

#23 Posted by Eyepatch (40 posts) -

Ahh, that sucks Gambit. Hrmm, first Stang was having left input problems while playing me and your gamepad crapped out while doing the same... I hope I'm not cursed somehow. Hopefully your next controller lasts!

#24 Posted by thegoldencat7 (1491 posts) -

I use the nubytech PS2 fightpad. Hasn't failed me yet.

#25 Posted by FluxWaveZ (19307 posts) -

I've not had any problems with my SE, except for some button craziness a little before I replaced them with Sanwa ones.  But I'm usually lucky when it comes to avoiding hardware failures with my gaming stuff.

#26 Posted by Plasma (931 posts) -
@Stang: I could imagine you as Hulk Hogan, or at least a really hench Ken. Pump that iron!  

P.S Street fighter owns you soul, you have no escape. Although I havn't played for at least 2 months...
#27 Posted by Vinchenzo (6192 posts) -

Madcatz has ALWAYS sucked, and I'm not sure why people think they fixed their reputation. Just because they have larger deals with companies does not mean their products are better. They have been shit, and are still shit, and will forever be shit.

#28 Posted by lordofultima (6208 posts) -
@Vinchenzo said:
" Madcatz has ALWAYS sucked, and I'm not sure why people think they fixed their reputation. Just because they have larger deals with companies does not mean their products are better. They have been shit, and are still shit, and will forever be shit. "
You used a TE Stick before? It's pretty f'in amazing. Didn't think so.
#29 Posted by SpecialBuddy (1110 posts) -

Gambit I say you buy a PS2 to 360 converter (yes they do make those) and just bust out the anniversary stick you already have.

#30 Posted by Stang (4726 posts) -
Can somebody please remind me what Sanwa stick I need to buy, I forget.
#31 Posted by SpecialBuddy (1110 posts) -
@Stang said:
" Can somebody please remind me what Sanwa stick I need to buy, I forget. "
This one.
#32 Posted by ArbitraryWater (11471 posts) -

Oh you kids and your stick talking. I play with a regular 360 controller and do just fine... for the most part. Of course if I was nuts/rich enough to do it, I would certainly get a TE stick. Why the hell not?

#33 Posted by Stang (4726 posts) -
@SpecialBuddy: Hurr. No, I mean the part number for my sanwa stick so I can order another fucking replacement. God damn my temper :(
#34 Posted by Jeffsekai (7026 posts) -
@Stang said:
" @SpecialBuddy: Hurr. No, I mean the part number for my sanwa stick so I can order another fucking replacement. God damn my temper :( "
IT SAYS YOUR ONLINE
#35 Posted by Stang (4726 posts) -
@Jeffsekai said:
" @Stang said:
" @SpecialBuddy: Hurr. No, I mean the part number for my sanwa stick so I can order another fucking replacement. God damn my temper :( "
IT SAYS YOUR ONLINE "
Troll. Tell me my god damn part number please. Kthxbai.
#36 Posted by AniMoney (957 posts) -

@Stang:  If you want the drop in replacement for SE, that would be the  Sanwa  JLF-TP-8YT-SK Ball Handle Joystick, 4 & 8-Way Adjustable, the pcb is rotated to match your SE, but it doesn't come with a wire harness so you have to use the same one as before.

http://www.lizardlick.com/pages/joysticks.shtml
#37 Posted by Napalm (9020 posts) -

Mine works fine.

#38 Posted by Jeffsekai (7026 posts) -
@Napalm said:
" Mine works fine. "
Till u rage n throw it against a wall
#39 Posted by Napalm (9020 posts) -
@Jeffsekai said:
" @Napalm said:
" Mine works fine. "
Till u rage n throw it against a wall "
Lol. Yes, but that one was my fault. My new one works fine.
#40 Posted by Stang (4726 posts) -
@AniMoney: Thank you sir.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.