newmarcom
PantyShotMQN 
SleepyInsomniac 
mubress 
StaticFalconar 
Pessh 
J_Las_Vegas 
GetEveryone 

I'll give it another week before I decide what the formats going to be (see if more people show). Otherwise, I say we all just dive into PSN chat and just get some banter and games going.

#2 Posted by Stang (4726 posts) -

You psfree players sure are gluttons for pain! Online SFIV tournaments make me want to kill kittens.

#3 Edited by Scullinator (514 posts) -

what do most people on Giantbomb play SF4 on, PS3 or 360?

#4 Posted by Stang (4726 posts) -

360 by a long shot.

#5 Posted by OwnlyUzinWonHan (1481 posts) -

You had me until PS3

#6 Posted by lordofultima (6260 posts) -

You didn't have me, even if it was 360 I wouldn't attend.

#7 Posted by Stang (4726 posts) -

Just throwing it out there, there is no need for a 360 tourny, might as well give me the crown and move on to bigger and better things. Yep, just went there.

#8 Posted by lordofultima (6260 posts) -
@Stang said:
" Just throwing it out there, there is no need for a 360 tourny, might as well give me the crown and move on to bigger and better things. Yep, just went there. "
But I heard down the grapevine, Stag is free. Oh wait, your name is Stang. Silly me, my mistake!
#9 Posted by thegoldencat7 (1497 posts) -

Well you know I'd be up for it, mainly because I said so here; (suggesting your thread title in the process.)
Sadly though I'd have to sit this one out as I'll be stuck in Wales with no internet. 
 (I've tried to get rid of the bold but it just isn't possible.)

@thegoldencat7 said:
"

Another tournament would be cool, give sfiv a good send-off, t'would be like a testimonial or summat. In the meantime; essays! Yay.

"     
#10 Posted by Stang (4726 posts) -
@lordofultima: So what happened? Did FR put Jeff in charge of inputting text?
#11 Edited by GetEveryone (4458 posts) -
@thegoldencat7: That's shit, dude. I always look forward to our bouts. When you throw in some pressure as well, they're usually quite tense.

@Stang:

Shame, ours have gone down pretty well. Bar the occassional spot of lag and couple of no-shows.

@Scullinator:

There's at least twenty PS3 players on the boards, so there's always people to play with.

@OwnlyUzinWonHan: :( 

Lots of input from our resident couple Stang and Ultima. Nice to see you guys still going strong, bickering.
#12 Posted by Jeffsekai (7044 posts) -
@Stang said:
" @lordofultima: So what happened? Did FR put Jeff in charge of inputting text? "
I was scared :(
#13 Posted by YetiAntics (1492 posts) -

I'm game. but one whole weekend? might be tough. I tend to work on weekends lol
#14 Posted by Dolphin_Butter (1915 posts) -

Sure, I'll give it another shot. The PSN errors from the past one were giving me problems.

#15 Posted by thegoldencat7 (1497 posts) -
@GetEveryone: 
Yeah theres a good Caledonian rivalry going on, or there would be if you didn't keep winning all the time. Though I think Ive got a positive record against your non-Ken characters.
I'll be back in around a month. Theres always next time.
#16 Posted by GetEveryone (4458 posts) -
@thegoldencat7: I will say only this. Gen perfect for the motha' fuckin' win, son! Just wait till he's legit...

Seriously though, Bison up in my face has become a nightmare. *You're online: Challenge!*
#17 Posted by mubress (1517 posts) -

You know I'm always down for some street fightin!

@xboxfree60 players - quit bringing your hate into the PS3 tourney threads. Envy is a terrible thing.

#18 Posted by AniMoney (957 posts) -

Console wars are soooooooo cool. 

We're all fans of the same game guys, just get along.

#19 Posted by thegoldencat7 (1497 posts) -
@GetEveryone: 
Well played last night. Think I recovered a little bit of honour in the second session after playing like an arsehole initially. 

On the subject of your Gen perfect; that was against Chun-li who Ive barely ever used. 
...And I perfect-ed your Rufus a while back. 
Also Crimson F-ing Viper.  

Never Forget!
#20 Posted by Symphony (1912 posts) -
@Sleepy_Insomniac said:
" Sure, I'll give it another shot. The PSN errors from the past one were giving me problems. "
Didja go get your copy for the 360 back from the store yet? ;P  

@Stang said:
" You psfree players sure are gluttons for pain! Online SFIV tournaments make me want to kill kittens. "
So stop frequenting threads about them. Or are you a serial kitten killer?
#21 Posted by Dolphin_Butter (1915 posts) -
@Symphony said:
" @Sleepy_Insomniac said:
" Sure, I'll give it another shot. The PSN errors from the past one were giving me problems. "
Not yet, I'll take a train downtown when my laundry's in the dryer.
#22 Posted by GetEveryone (4458 posts) -
@thegoldencat7: ...RUMBLED!!! 

*Bails*

I need to work on my block strings: whenever I actually land a poke I end up dropping a link and the stinking srk gets torn to shreds. Good thing scissor kicks seem to be so punishable. Your headstomps were harder to guess at last night, too; you caught me with quite a few. I think of all the people on GB I've now played you the most. This calls for one thing: money match!
#23 Posted by MysteriousBob (6272 posts) -
@Scullinator said:
" what do most people on Giantbomb play SF4 on, PS3 or 360? "
Because if you like fighting games, then you're going to own a console. Its as simple as that.
#24 Posted by Ineedaname (4319 posts) -
@MysteriousBob said:
" @Scullinator said:
" what do most people on Giantbomb play SF4 on, PS3 or 360? "
Because if you like fighting games, then you're going to own a console. Its as simple as that. "
He asked what not why.
#25 Posted by GetEveryone (4458 posts) -

This thread is officially derailed. I'm taking the initiative and renaming it THE MONEY MATCH THREAD

...Of course, all the games will be thrown, otherwise I won't make enough to buy all the shit I want.

#26 Posted by J_Las_Vegas (144 posts) -
@GetEveryone: I'm up for another tournament.  The only thing is my bluray drive died on Monday night.  I'm guessing That's probably why we had connection problems the other day.  I'm hoping to get a new laser by end of next week.
#27 Posted by StaticFalconar (4849 posts) -

Hey, I'm always up for whatever kind of tourney you're throwing. Depending on how much free time/busy I am you might see a serious me, or a sand bagging me.

#28 Posted by demontium (4710 posts) -
@GetEveryone said:
" Yo Bombheads (PS3 guys, I'm talking to you). So SF4 has provided us with a handful of successful tournies now, and seeing as the vanilla version of the game is about to be laid to rest, I reckoned we should send it off with a bang: try and set up a big bracketed tournament, draw in as many people as we can, and like StaticFalconers a few weeks back, play it out in one weekend, rather than dragging it out. Since we've effectively just had one, I don't know what the feeling would be on having it right now or in a few weeks. Just let me know what you think with regard to the format and time, etc. and we'll see what can be done.  Cheers. "
Can we do it online and w/ the 360? 

That would get WAY larger attendence. I like the idea of doing one final tourney.
#29 Posted by schmans (3 posts) -

I play on the 360.

#30 Edited by GetEveryone (4458 posts) -
@StaticFalconar:  Brian Blessed says: "Saaaaandbaaaagging!" But sweet, dude. I was thinking of doing it league style if there's fewer of us this time round. I might PM some guys and see if they fancy it. *Twiddles fingers*...exam leave... *shrugs*

@demontium: As far as I know all the 360 players like fighting each other, but hate their GB tournies. 

I could have organised it, but after the last RROD I gave up on the Xbox permanently;  it's resigned to paperweight status.

Plus we get a decent attendance at ours and they run smoothly.
#31 Posted by demontium (4710 posts) -
@GetEveryone said:

" @demontium: As far as I know all the 360 players like fighting each other, but hate their GB tournies.   I could have organised it, but after the last RROD I gave up on the Xbox permanently;  it's resigned to paperweight status. Plus we get a decent attendance at ours and they run smoothly. "

http://www.giantbomb.com/street-fighter-iv/61-20456/street-fighter-iv-tournament-xbox360/35-273968/#399  

not true at all *and I was new at the time (and a lot of people dont like me here).... so yeah people love tournies if done right. 

thanks ultima, we should do another one. 
#32 Posted by lordofultima (6260 posts) -
@demontium said:
" @GetEveryone said:

" @demontium: As far as I know all the 360 players like fighting each other, but hate their GB tournies.   I could have organised it, but after the last RROD I gave up on the Xbox permanently;  it's resigned to paperweight status. Plus we get a decent attendance at ours and they run smoothly. "

http://www.giantbomb.com/street-fighter-iv/61-20456/street-fighter-iv-tournament-xbox360/35-273968/#399   not true at all *and I was new at the time (and a lot of people dont like me here).... so yeah people love tournies if done right.  thanks ultima, we should do another one.  "
Yeah but that tournament was sort of a fuck-up, even though it completed. Not even a loser bracket and it took them 34 years to finish.
#33 Posted by Napalm (9020 posts) -
@lordofultima said:
" @demontium said:
" @GetEveryone said:

http://www.giantbomb.com/street-fighter-iv/61-20456/street-fighter-iv-tournament-xbox360/35-273968/#399   not true at all *and I was new at the time (and a lot of people dont like me here).... so yeah people love tournies if done right.  thanks ultima, we should do another one.  "
Yeah but that tournament was sort of a fuck-up, even though it completed. Not even a loser bracket and it took them 34 years to finish. "
Oh gawd. The failed two month Xbox 360 tournament. Don't remind me!
#34 Posted by thegoldencat7 (1497 posts) -
@GetEveryone said:
" @thegoldencat7: ...RUMBLED!!!   *Bails* I need to work on my block strings: whenever I actually land a poke I end up dropping a link and the stinking srk gets torn to shreds. Good thing scissor kicks seem to be so punishable. Your headstomps were harder to guess at last night, too; you caught me with quite a few. I think of all the people on GB I've now played you the most. This calls for one thing: money match! "

Believe it or not I am learning.  
Very well I have 12 groats and 4 silver farthings.
(Whatever they are.) 
If you want another match just message me. Uni's finished, leaving on Monday, feck all else to do.
#35 Posted by Jeffsekai (7044 posts) -
@AniMoney said:
" Console wars are soooooooo cool.  We're all fans of the same game guys, just get along. "
There isnt a console war here lmao just someone complaining that it isnt on 360.

@Symphony said:

@Stang said:
" You psfree players sure are gluttons for pain! Online SFIV tournaments make me want to kill kittens. "
So stop frequenting threads about them. Or are you a serial kitten killer? "

I don't think Stang knows how to not look at every thread on the SF4 boards.
#36 Posted by Stang (4726 posts) -
@Jeffsekai said:
" @AniMoney said:
" Console wars are soooooooo cool.  We're all fans of the same game guys, just get along. "
There isnt a console war here lmao just someone complaining that it isnt on 360.

@Symphony said:

@Stang said:
I don't think Stang knows how to not look at every thread on the SF4 boards. "
This. This is my board, I will do as I please. MIND YOUR BUSINESS!
#37 Posted by SpecialBuddy (1112 posts) -
@GetEveryone said:
" @thegoldencat7: I will say only this. Gen perfect for the motha' fuckin' win, son! Just wait till he's legit...  Seriously though, Bison up in my face has become a nightmare. *You're online: Challenge!* "
Get out of playing Gen while you can. As a person who plays the old bastard you will soon learn that he sucks and isn't really worth the effort. 
#38 Posted by Symphony (1912 posts) -
@Stang said:
" @Jeffsekai said:
" @Symphony said:
" @Stang said:
I don't think Stang knows how to not look at every thread on the SF4 boards. "
This. This is my board, I will do as I please. MIND YOUR BUSINESS! "
You're a serial kitten killer trying to hide behind this convenient excuse! I'm on to you and your evil ways. PETA has been contacted. You have not long to live. Make your time.
#39 Edited by GetEveryone (4458 posts) -
@schmans said:
" I play on the 360. " 
*Pats head*

@SpecialBuddy: but...but... I'm getting better with him  :( 

You planning on dropping him in super?
#40 Posted by lordofultima (6260 posts) -
@GetEveryone: Considering that any legitimacy that Gen has now will be lost in Super Street Fighter IV, yes. I'm pretty sure most Gen players will be dropping him.
#41 Edited by GetEveryone (4458 posts) -
@lordofultima: You sound authoritative. From whats been bandied about, mk>hands is still possible, but a follow-up one can only be done once and through FADC (though there is an awful lot of conjecture here). Even if it is removed completely, it wasn't his only viable tool. From what SK has said recently, his actual buffs may outweigh any nerfs they mave have given him. Adopt a wait and see approach and try not talking down to me?
#42 Posted by Jeffsekai (7044 posts) -

Why don't we all stop bitching about Gen until the game comes out. A free Ultra off a wall dive sounds pretty good.

#43 Posted by GetEveryone (4458 posts) -
@Jeffsekai: Totally. 

Every character is more or less viable; so much bullshit surrounds tier-lists and characters that its like wading through shite. Granted some have poorer match-ups and others are weak or have semi-useless moves, but given time and effort anyone can be played at a decent level. Whatever they do to Gen (or anyone else for that matter), I'm sure it'll work out fine.
#44 Posted by Jeffsekai (7044 posts) -

All im sayin is that we don;t let Naplam get away with bitching about Guile all the time. Gen players don't get a free ride.

#45 Edited by lordofultima (6260 posts) -
@Jeffsekai: I'm not a Gen player and I'm not bitching, I'm stoked about him sucking ass. He could always wall dive to ultra, that's no different. 

@GetEveryone: Who is talking down to you? I said it's likely most players will switch from Gen based on reports that he's a steaming pile. I didn't call you a gaywad or anything. Sheesh.
#46 Posted by Jeffsekai (7044 posts) -
@lordofultima said:
" @Jeffsekai: I'm not a Gen player and I'm not bitching, I'm stoked about him sucking ass. He could always wall dive to ultra, that's no different. "
:( fine then.
#47 Posted by AniMoney (957 posts) -
@GetEveryone said:
"  mk>hands is still possible  
not what I heard
#48 Edited by GetEveryone (4458 posts) -
@AniMoney:

"From whats been bandied about, mk>hands is still possible, but a follow-up one can only be done once and through FADC (though there is an awful lot of conjecture here)."

Key word is conjecture. But yeah, he probably won't  :(

@lordofultima: Sorry, mate. Came across that way and I was in a shite mood.
#49 Posted by AniMoney (957 posts) -
@GetEveryone said:
" @AniMoney:

"From whats been bandied about, mk>hands is still possible, but a follow-up one can only be done once and through FADC (though there is an awful lot of conjecture here)."

Key word is conjecture. But yeah, he probably won't  :(

@lordofultima: Sorry, mate. Came across that way and I was in a shite mood. "
I know everything is conjecture until the game comes out, but MrWizard flat out said mk xx hands is gone. 

There's also this. 

Nobody knows how much this will matter though because he will be different in other areas as well.
#50 Posted by GetEveryone (4458 posts) -
@AniMoney: I've read the SK interview: it doesn't mention hands. Mr Wizard also said that he tested it with turbo. If so, it means that hands wouldn't have necessarily worked anyway. Listen, I'm not massively bothered either way, and I don't want to sound like a dick. In all likeliness it is gone.

But I'll still use him :)

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.