SFIV Players, what kind of a controller do you use? (POLL)

• 119 results
#1 Posted by MB (12722 posts) -
#2 Posted by MB (12722 posts) -

If you own multiple systems or use a combination of different controllers or sticks to play Street Fighter, just pick the option that you use the most.

#3 Posted by Jolly_Lolly (3537 posts) -

I use option A. I have a Fight Pad as well, but I really prefer the X360 one more.

Still waiting for the sticks to become available though.

#4 Posted by Dovey (161 posts) -

I use A.  but think think that a fight pad would offer a far better experience, though Im not sure if I should invest.  Should I?

#5 Posted by Jolly_Lolly (3537 posts) -
Dovey said:
I use A. but think think that a fight pad would offer a far better experience, though Im not sure ... [more]
No ;)

I just can't get used to the D-Pad. If they had put the analog nub from the 360 pad onto the FP, but kept everything else the same, I think it would have been the best controller for the game.

#6 Posted by Liber (648 posts) -

I use A.

360 controller's D-Pad is horrible

#7 Posted by pause422 (6201 posts) -

Stick. I wouldn't be caught dead using a normal controller on Street Fighter.

#8 Posted by Agnogenic_delete (1034 posts) -

I am using A until Fightstciks become available.

#9 Posted by MrGetBonus (782 posts) -
pause422 said:
Stick. I wouldn't be caught dead using a normal controller on Street Fighter.

#10 Posted by Linkyshinks (9880 posts) -

I use a TE and a EX-SE

#11 Posted by Ossi (1229 posts) -

360 with analog until my stick comes in.

#12 Posted by Meltbrain (2975 posts) -

I just got a stick, so I chose that. Before, it would have been the 360 analog stick on the pad. I got pretty damn good with it! Just no good for EX cancels and such.

#13 Posted by MB (12722 posts) -

Interesting data so far even with such a small sample size. There are a couple of people who use the PS3 D-Pad, but none who use the PS3 analog stick. Not yet, anyway. I may abuse my powers and sticky this for a short period of time.

#14 Posted by Gambit (727 posts) -

I use the fightpad I like it alot more then the xbox controller less random shoryuken motions instead of hodouken motions.

#15 Posted by MB (12722 posts) -
Gambit said:
I use the fightpad I like it alot more then the xbox controller less random shoryuken motions instead of hodouken ... [more]
Yeah, you have definitely improved a lot since the beginning although I'm not sure how much of that is due to practice and how much can be attributed to the pad. I'm somewhat comfortable with the 360 controller but I feel like if I really want to take my Gouken to the next level, I'll need a stick. Some of his combos, basically anything involving a cancel or a dash, are impossible for me to pull off right now.
#16 Posted by m_rum (128 posts) -

Madcatz SE fightstick. Planning on putting Sanwa parts in later though haven't had any problems with standard stick or buttons yet..

#17 Posted by slinky6 (567 posts) -

Although the PS3 dpad is in general a better dpad for most purposes, I can not understand how people can prefer the mushiness of the PS3 dpad to the clicky 360 dpad for SF.   They're both horrible for the game, but the 360 one is better.

#18 Edited by Gambit (727 posts) -

I have always liked the playstation d-pad on the first x-box before I got my 15th anniversary edition arcade stick. I used a ps1 controller the old one without the analog sticks. I really don't consider the 360's d-pad much better then the first x-box controllers d-pad.

#19 Posted by suneku (2997 posts) -

I can't pick, I use the PS3 D-pad, but many times I'd switch to the analog mid-battle because it feels more natural for certain moves. Wish I could just get a fight stick.

#20 Posted by Muttinus_Rump (814 posts) -

I use the PS3 analog stick, cannot get the hang of the d-pad at all. Like slinky6 said, it's too mushy.

#21 Posted by Scooper (7881 posts) -

I own a SFIV Fightstick but haven't been able to use it cause my 360 not here ;(.

#22 Posted by HiroSeven (215 posts) -

I still haven't found a SFIV gamepad so I use the xbox 360 D-pad, which doesn't work all too great for me...

I'll go check out the stock again today.

#23 Edited by squirtle_squad (266 posts) -

ps3's d-pad for me.
no complaints from it, im not a stick type of guy.
sticks arent for everyone.

#24 Posted by ImperiousRix (2963 posts) -

360's D-pad for me.
I can't use an analog stick... at all.  I'm planning on eventually upgrading to a Fightpad...

#25 Posted by cryptic_code (89 posts) -

I just use an old PS2 HRAP with a PS2->PS3 adapter. I can't play fighting games with the ps3 controller, it feels uncomfortable and my thumbs get tired after a few rounds.

#26 Edited by StaticFalconar (4849 posts) -

HRAP3 for the PS3, I figure if I'm going to spend so much time playing a game I love, I might as well be comfortable and go total nostalgic for the arcade days.

EDIT: That don't mean I'm actually any good with it.

#27 Posted by jakob187 (21691 posts) -

I don't have a tourney stick, or I'd be using it and probably be far more accurate on my moves than I currently am.  Until that time comes around, I'm using the 360's analog stick, and to be honest, it's not that bad.  

#28 Posted by FluxWaveZ (19371 posts) -

I'm using the Xbox 360 controller's analog stick.  I wish I had a stick instead but I seem to be doing pretty well with the controller anyways.

#29 Posted by CrazySunshine (38 posts) -

I've been doing decent enough with a beat up old 360 controller. Stick cause the D-pad is so unreliable.

#30 Posted by JJOR64 (19023 posts) -

I use the Xbox 360 analog stick.  I would love to get a fightstick though.

#31 Posted by Karmum (11519 posts) -

When I was playing Street Fighter IV, I used the Xbox 360 Analog Sticks. I sucked, by the way. Better than the D-Pad though, I guess?

#32 Posted by slinky6 (567 posts) -
ImperiousRix said:
360's D-pad for me.I can't use an analog stick... at all.  I'm planning on eventually upgrading to a Fightpad... [more]
I know what you mean, I don't understand how people can use the sticks.   The whole problem with the dpad is that it's hard to hit the precise directions, but that's even harder on an analog stick.   So it really just comes down to which you practice on.
#33 Posted by CL60 (16906 posts) -

360 analog.

#34 Posted by adamantiumfiend (37 posts) -

Fightpad, and have loved it since i picked it up...hate the 360 dpad

#35 Posted by MysteriousBob (6272 posts) -

360 FightPad because I want to do well at the game. I hate sticks.

Before I got my pad- analog stick.
#36 Posted by ExtremeJesus (72 posts) -

360 Analog stick for me. Have to say I'm surprised at the amount of people who feel the same. Guess a shortage of arcade sticks is partly to blame. I don't find it too bad though for my level. I understand what people are saying about it being imprecise, but for charge characters I find it much better than the dpad. I think if I was playing a lot of shoto characters I might switch over but it does ok for me so far. Only annoying thing is trying to dash or do anything involving pressing more than one button at a time.

#37 Posted by Snake_Eyes_Ex (30 posts) -

Tournament Edition stick here, and it's awesome.

#38 Posted by NateDogg (465 posts) -

Was using 360 analog stick and PS3 dpad (analog stick is so far for my thumb to reach?)

Got my TE sticks for both systems so I'm not a pad warrior anymore :)
#39 Posted by Vinchenzo (6192 posts) -

This is what I use. But I am not really a hardcore SF IV player. Hopeing it helps my Blazblue game though.

#40 Posted by AniMoney (957 posts) -

TE Stick. I used to use the 360's analog stick before I got it and I didn't completely hate it or anything. I could never go back though.

#41 Posted by Flushes (329 posts) -

SE Fightstick with a stock Sanwa JLF and six OBSF-30 buttons.

#42 Posted by TripMasterMunky (2403 posts) -

Hori EX2 stick for me. Got it for $60 off amazon. Bought it back before Street Fighter hype made all sticks sold out. Great stick.

#43 Posted by lord_canti (1517 posts) -

i use the ps3 dpad and ive got the blistars and cuts to prove it

#44 Posted by c1337us (5751 posts) -

I voted with option E but I was formerly option D.

#45 Edited by Melvargh (500 posts) -

I use an SE Fightstick, soon to be modded with a Sanwa JLF and OBSF buttons. Oh so happy.

I have no idea how any of you people can use the 360 controller. I can barely pull off BnB combos with it, let alone win matches.

#46 Edited by ThumbsUpMaster (6 posts) -
I use the 360 analog stick with custom controls. I do wish I had an arcade stick though.
#47 Posted by Apathylad (3067 posts) -

I bought the Hori Ex 2 Fighting Stick for about $40 a couple weeks before Street Fighter 4 came out, so that's what I use.

#48 Posted by PhaggyBigNastyMcKill (564 posts) -

who are these dumb ass motherufckers using a 360 pad to ply the game. I just yell at the screen anwhile i make my kids do the moves and if they don't win they dont get no dinner and a beating for breakfast

#49 Posted by Agnogenic_delete (1034 posts) -
@PhaggyBigNastyMcKill: Huh?
#50 Posted by 500xp (68 posts) -

I picked up a fightpad the day I got the game. But I want a stick though.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.