Show your fightstick!

#1 Posted by YetiAntics (1489 posts) -

Whether it be the plain ol out of the box look or even modified it a little, this is a thread where you can show us your stick! ... eh wait,... Fightstick. This thread will also serve as talking about future plans with modding it or even plans on obtaining one in the future.

Well, ill start it off. Recently i painted the border green and ordered a clear green ball with clear green semitsu buttons. 

Feels like i got 3 different shades of green, but i like it just the way it is. lol 
Planning on putting some custom art on mine and getting a plexi. While i do not use L1 or L2, i like to have them there anyway for other fighting games or even my bud's different playstyles (aka cheating). 

Okay, your turn.

#2 Posted by Jeffsekai (7026 posts) -

Man that looks so weird but cool. Defiantly needs some new art to go along with it.

#3 Posted by EvilGreenDevil (197 posts) -

Right now I have a standard TE but I'll be posting pictures of two new art layouts this time next week. For now all i have is my old ass HORI EX2 that I modded with Sanwa parts when SF4 first came out. Back when you couldn't find a TE stick for under $200 

#4 Posted by rjayb89 (7717 posts) -

I would, but they don't let me anymore.

#5 Posted by CitizenKane (10506 posts) -

You want me to show what now?

#6 Posted by Stang (4726 posts) -

I have hands down the most god forsaken piece of shit here. I am far too embarrassed to post a pic.

#7 Posted by FluxWaveZ (19308 posts) -

#8 Posted by lordofultima (6213 posts) -

Really like that green layout, one of my favorite colors.  

TE:

SE: 

#9 Posted by SuperSecretAgenda (696 posts) -

Sorry, I don't just show my fight stick to -anyone-. 

Whores.

#10 Posted by AniMoney (957 posts) -
@PantyshotMQN:      How did you paint the bezel? Your stick looks real nice btw, I like the balltop. What art are you planning for it? 

@EvilGreenDevil: Wow ex2 looks so small compared to my TE. Nice mod though. 

@Stang said:
" I have hands down the most god forsaken piece of shit here. I am far too embarrassed to post a pic. "
I am super curious now. 

@FluxWaveZ: Change the art man! How much are bubble tops? 

@lordofultima: nice and clean, can't stand straight layout though haha, but it's your stick. 

@SuperSecretAgenda: @CitizenKane: @rjayb89: Stick jokes are SO original.
#11 Posted by Napalm (9020 posts) -

You fucks. This makes me want to buy a FightStick and mod the shit out of it.

#12 Posted by Stang (4726 posts) -
@AniMoney: Remember back in the day when Ultima played around with his SE and ripped off the art, and then made the metal all shiny and slick looking? Well, i ripped most of the art off, and that is it! It looks like absolute garbage, but I am so use to the feel of it I am not going to clean it up.
#13 Posted by AniMoney (957 posts) -
@Stang: lol just put new art on it man. it's like a few bucks to print it at kinkos right?
#14 Posted by FluxWaveZ (19308 posts) -
@AniMoney: I'm not going to go through the effort or the money required to replace the art, I don't really care about the look of my fightstick for now and we don't have a Kinko's (or an equivalent) where I live.  And I think the bubbletops are 3$ or something.  Depends on where you buy them.
#15 Edited by demontium (4707 posts) -

my TE is just the regular one. no art.  

Fucking dumbasses sent it to my with PS3 labeled buttons though >.>
#16 Posted by lordofultima (6213 posts) -
@AniMoney: You're just not American enough.
#17 Edited by SpecialBuddy (1110 posts) -

Here is mine. Works like a piece of shit sometimes but it gets the job done. The artwork credit goes out to foodchaiNN for making it. I might end up changing it though once super comes out. I keep thinking I should just draw some random crap on construction paper and stick it in there. 

Straight Buttons Users Unite! (aka Me, Ultima, and Gambit)

#18 Posted by c1337us (5751 posts) -

Mine is just some generic arse stick I got cheap. I want a better one. Its all black and grey. The buttons are the some colours as the face buttons on the PS3. I cant be bothered takin a picture though.

#19 Posted by Stang (4726 posts) -
@SpecialBuddy said:
" Here is mine. Works like a piece of shit sometimes but it gets the job done. The artwork credit goes out to foodchaiNN for making it. I might end up changing it though once super comes out. I keep thinking I should just draw some random crap on construction paper and stick it in there. 

Straight Buttons Users Unite! (aka Me, Ultima, and Gambit)

"
I like your stick the best. You are using the wrong button configuration though scrub.
#20 Posted by Gambit (727 posts) -
@Stang said:
I like your stick the best.
You would.
#21 Posted by Stang (4726 posts) -
@Gambit said:
" @Stang said:
I like your stick the best.
You would. "
Zing! I have no decent come back at this time, but watch this post for an edit later.
#22 Posted by gla55jAw (2686 posts) -

#23 Edited by lordofultima (6213 posts) -
@gla55jAw said:

"

"
Add another person to the "I'm a badass and use american style buttons" list. You know what they say, the straighter the buttons, the less homosexual the player.
#24 Posted by Symphony (1912 posts) -

I bet you're all jealous now, huh?

Seriously though, once I make an original art background thing for my TE stick I might actually try to learn how to use it and post a pic of it.
#25 Posted by CSXLoser (582 posts) -

Picture a Dualshock 2 plugged into a Pelican USB adapter for PS3. 

The DS2 has dirt and sweat. Dirt is collected on the rims of the controller next to the Start and Select buttons and the sweat from my hands are all over the D-pad. 

Hours and hours of Tekken poured into that baby 

#26 Posted by bjorno (1411 posts) -

ORANGE
#27 Posted by lordofultima (6213 posts) -
@Symphony said:
"

I bet you're all jealous now, huh?

Seriously though, once I make an original art background thing for my TE stick I might actually try to learn how to use it and post a pic of it.
"
Damn, that is one crazy arcade stick. Do you click in left stick for fierce, and right stick for roundhouse?
#28 Posted by gla55jAw (2686 posts) -
@lordofultima said:
"@gla55jAw said:

"

"
Add another person to the "I'm a badass and use american style buttons" list. You know what they say, the straighter the buttons, the less homosexual the player. "

Hell yeah! People tell me that all the time.
#29 Edited by AniMoney (957 posts) -
@lordofultima said:

" @gla55jAw said:

"

"
Add another person to the "I'm a badass and use american style buttons" list. You know what they say, the straighter the buttons, the less homosexual the player. "
You mean, the straighter the buttons, the faster you'll get carpal tunnel sundrome? 

@bjorno: I really like that design.
#30 Posted by Stang (4726 posts) -
@lordofultima said:
" @gla55jAw said:

"

"
Then what is your excuse? I tried the American style to begin with, but my long, crooked ass fingers just were not having any of that.

Please don't ban me. <3
#31 Edited by lordofultima (6213 posts) -
@AniMoney said:

You mean, the straighter the buttons, the faster you'll get carpal tunnel sundrome? 

On the contrary, using arched buttons actually hurt my hand because of how I have to position it.
#32 Posted by gla55jAw (2686 posts) -
@Stang said:
" @lordofultima said:
" @gla55jAw said:

"

"
Then what is your excuse? I tried the American style to begin with, but my long, crooked ass fingers just were not having any of that. Please don't ban me. <3 "

Just used to it from playing arcade games when I was younger. My short finger's probably add towards that. I want to get concave buttons for it too lol.
#33 Posted by Symphony (1912 posts) -
@lordofultima said:
" @Symphony said:
"I bet you're all jealous now, huh?

"
Damn, that is one crazy arcade stick. Do you click in left stick for fierce, and right stick for roundhouse? "
Actually, it's used just like the Virtual On arcade system where you move both sticks in tandem to move, push one forward and one back to quick turn, spread them apart to jump, but instead of triggers you press them in to attack. I'm not sure what all those buttons on the right hand side do... I think they're just for looks.
#34 Posted by lordofultima (6213 posts) -
@gla55jAw said:
Just used to it from playing arcade games when I was younger. My short finger's probably add towards that. I want to get concave buttons for it too lol. "
Well let's not get silly here. This isn't the "I love unresponsive poopily made buttons that won't fit in the TE case" club.
#35 Posted by demontium (4707 posts) -
@bjorno said:
"
ORANGE "
shmexy
#36 Posted by Plasma (931 posts) -

I thought, why buy a TE stick, when I could get TWO for half the price ;) 

#37 Posted by dbz1995 (4790 posts) -
@CitizenKane said:
" You want me to show what now? "
Win. Anyway, mine will be:

#38 Posted by psyborg0815 (444 posts) -
@Plasma said:
" I thought, why buy a TE stick, when I could get TWO for half the price ;) 

"
I want that fightstick  :/ Here's mine:

#39 Posted by Jeffsekai (7026 posts) -

I got a TE Round 2 no pics but I has video

I also use American Style.
#40 Posted by gla55jAw (2686 posts) -
@lordofultima said:
" @gla55jAw said:
Just used to it from playing arcade games when I was younger. My short finger's probably add towards that. I want to get concave buttons for it too lol. "
Well let's not get silly here. This isn't the "I love unresponsive poopily made buttons that won't fit in the TE case" club. "

Haha touche. They're not nearly as good but I do like the feel of them.
#41 Posted by sopranosfan (1935 posts) -

Walks in....peeks through gap in fingers....leaves relieved.

#42 Posted by mubress (1517 posts) -
@dbz1995 said:
" @CitizenKane said:
" You want me to show what now? "
Win. Anyway, mine will be:

"
Same for me. I tried to get used to a stick, but gave up.
#43 Posted by jaycee13 (523 posts) -

my piece of crap. needs new buttons, a stick and a paint job

#44 Posted by YetiAntics (1489 posts) -
@AniMoney:
I spray painted the bezel with Krylon Fusion paint, which is meant more for plastic. Only mistake i made was put the bezel back in the TE a bit prematurely. It basically glued itself over time to the metal and had to forcefully seperate it, leaving green on the metal portion of the TE. Nice... 
Since im going with green, i think im gonna go with Cammy art with a black background. I kinda feel the black background will go nicer instead of a white... since i got 3 different shades of green in there.
#45 Posted by MrJared (397 posts) -

I think you guys have seen this before, but I <3 the LittleBigThigh 

#46 Posted by Stang (4726 posts) -

LADIES AND GENTLEMEN, I BRING TO YOU THE MOST FUCKED UP STICK ON GIANTBOMB:

I know, shit is sexy.
#47 Posted by Skye (411 posts) -
@Stang said:
" LADIES AND GENTLEMEN, I BRING TO YOU THE MOST FUCKED UP STICK ON GIANTBOMB:

I know, shit is sexy. "
That's hot.
#48 Posted by Stang (4726 posts) -
@Skye: Don't be jealous, it is an extremely ugly quality. 

On the real, I should be embarrassed to show that hideous thing. You can even see on the sides what the acid from my hands did to the metal. Shame on me.
#49 Edited by jaycee13 (523 posts) -
@Stang: wow it looks like you burnt it. still nicer than that original SE art though
edit: Your flowery mattress is sexy as hell
#50 Posted by Skye (411 posts) -
@Stang: It's no big deal, how it plays is the important thing right. You're flowcharting, not boning it so who cares how it looks.

(edit: flowcharting was a joke, i'm the biggest SF noob around)

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.