Show your fightstick!

#151 Posted by mthe1337one (198 posts) -

it's not much, but it gets the job done for the most part.  unmodded.  using an xbox --> usb converter to play the PC version of the game....which means i won't be playing Super SF4 since there hasn't been an announcement of it on PC -_-.
#152 Edited by Scullinator (505 posts) -

"

it's not much, but it gets the job done for the most part.  unmodded.  using an xbox --> usb converter to play the PC version of the game....which means i won't be playing Super SF4 since there hasn't been an announcement of it on PC -_-. "
Loved this stick back in the day of xbox 1.  It had multiplatform plugs too.  Really nice quality from what I remembered.  Very heavy and felt like a real arcade cabinet. 
#153 Edited by OmegaOx (2 posts) -

Hey All, 

I just joined this site.  I wanted to post a pic of my stick.  

I live in Halifax, NS.  Anybody out there from Halifax that is not a part of our local SF community?  If you play SFIV, live in Halifax, and have not seen this stick in person, then you should contact me and I will tell you how you can be part of our local SF community!  

We are hoping  to recruit more folks!!!
#154 Posted by Jeffsekai (7017 posts) -
@mthe1337one said:
"
        it's not much, but it gets the job done for the most part.  unmodded.  using an xbox --> usb converter to play the PC version of the game....which means i won't be playing Super SF4 since there hasn't been an announcement of it on PC -_-. "
Guy I play SF with has that stick, still uses it for SF4... hates jao sticks because of it haha.

@OmegaOx:
I think Flushes lives there or something... make a proper Blog post introducing your self.
#155 Posted by OmegaOx (2 posts) -
@Jeffsekai:  

I have met Flushes... I learned of this site from him.  I am wondering if there are any more of you...
#156 Posted by Napalm (9020 posts) -
@lordofultima: Those sticks are bitchin' sexy. srsly.
#157 Posted by mubress (1517 posts) -
@OmegaOx: I like that cartoon version of Gouken. Cool looking stick.
#158 Edited by Renahzor (980 posts) -

A short preamble:  This is the newest stick I hijacked from a friend until I re-solder a new board into my own cammy stick (fuck you madcatz).  This stick was done as a trade with another very talented local stick builder.  My buddy Adam(bonebreak2000, the guy I build sticks with) traded the SP stick to Ecksnine for this ryu stick straight across.  ours was done with a very pricey peice of Brazilian Chechen, hand finished, and made wireless.  This one is a very cool layers box, and Ecksnine does some of the CLEANEST wiring I've ever seen.  Man, sometimes I love building sticks, seeing his work and having happy people love their customs we built is great, if only it wasnt so much damn work!  LOL  Anyway, here:

#159 Posted by Necrotrophic (261 posts) -

that is badass...

#160 Posted by Legend (2599 posts) -

Wow! Those are some fine sticks you have there.. tee hee.... *ahem*

#161 Posted by Renahzor (980 posts) -
@Legend said:
" Wow! Those are some fine sticks you have there.. tee hee.... *ahem* "
THATS WHAT.....  never mind. 
#162 Edited by lordofultima (6186 posts) -

#163 Posted by AniMoney (957 posts) -

I never posted my PS3 stick that I finished a while back here. The story is I was making a custom stick so I would have 2 for 360, and I was planning on using the pcb from a madcatz fightpad I bought cheap on black friday. But my friend who has a PS3 was painting his sixaxis controller and messed up and broke it somehow, so he gave me the pcb. It just kind of fell into my lap so I decided to use it and make a wireless PS3 stick instead.  

The case is a handgun case I bought specifically for this purpose after seeing someone else on SRK make a stick out of the same case. Uses the sixaxis PCB, so it's wireless, but I can sync and charge it with a usb a to b cable that I plug into the adapter I installed. I've got a Sanwa JLF and 6 snap-in sanwas on top, 3 seimitsu buttons on the side for start/select/home. I cut a mousepad in half and hot glued it to the bottom so It's more stable on a table. I also put some weights inside because it was too light before. 

I kind of wish I had gotten black bolts to install the JLF, but it's not a big deal. Also next time I'm getting screw-in buttons because I had a snap in on my TE break. My only other gripe is the layout is a modified viewlix, there is more space between the stick and buttons than normal, but I didn't even know until I had drilled the holes. It's a little weird but I can adjust I suppose. 

Overall I'm really pleased with it and it was a lot of fun to make. Also it's cool that I can play my friend on PS3, use this on pc for ggpo or w/e, and if I ever start going to tournaments I won't need to worry about what console they're on.

#164 Edited by Coombs (3449 posts) -

Just got my parts a couple days ago, Gonna throw together a ghetto stick in the next few days,
Hopefully I'll get around to doing some wood working later on and make it look good.
Here's what I got the other day.

This one is for the stick I'm making for myself.

Sanwa JLF Stick With a Bubbletop, And Semitsu Translucent Buttons

This one is for the stick I'm making for my 2 year old son
 HAPP Competition Stick, With Generic Blue Translucent Buttons
#165 Posted by mthe1337one (198 posts) -
@Scullinator said: 
Loved this stick back in the day of xbox 1.  It had multiplatform plugs too.  Really nice quality from what I remembered.  Very heavy and felt like a real arcade cabinet.  "
yup pretty much had it (SFAC stick) ever since it came out.  hasn't failed on me at all, and yeah the build quality is quite good. as a matter of fact...maybe a bit too good =P 
the buttons stick out VERY far even though you don't need to press them all the way for them to register an action and the springs used for those buttons are extremely stiff.
#166 Posted by YetiAntics (1489 posts) -

I think i'll have to try again on the cutting dept... lol  

#167 Posted by Jeffsekai (7017 posts) -
@PantyshotMQN: That looks sick dude.
#168 Posted by RobertCop (18 posts) -

That is a great looking stick, loving that balltop.

#169 Posted by Heylook (235 posts) -

Quick question:

(Sorry if this isn't exactly the correct thread to post in but it seemed close enough.)

I live in the greater Vancouver area (Burnaby) and I can't seem to find any stores that are selling the MadCatz TE SF4 sticks for the 360. It's driving me crazy and I can't believe how hard it is to find this God damned stick. But i waaaaant, so baaaad, gaaaaah

Anyway, if anyone who got their stick in and around Vancouver could just let me know where to look that would be awesome. Thaaaaanks

P.s. if I have to, I will get the PS3 TE stick and trade in my 360 copy of SF4 and pre-order SSF4 for the PS3.

#170 Edited by Scullinator (505 posts) -
@Heylook:  Do they have gamestops in canada.  I live here in the US and the gamestops have been getting the Marvel vs capcom sticks (which are also TE sticks, same quality parts,  just different art)
#171 Posted by CaptainObvious (2981 posts) -

You wanna see my fightstick? A date first would be nice, but well..... 

Oh. THAT fightstick...I don't have one yet elipses.

#172 Posted by Heylook (235 posts) -
@Scullinator: Thanks for the reply, I just got back from an EB Games that finally had a TE 360 stick in stock:D
#173 Posted by SofaKing (205 posts) -

Fancy.
#174 Posted by SofaKing (205 posts) -

This is a bit unrelated, but has anyone who's modified a Hori EX Pro ever had to reconnect the joystick wires, and did so using female quick connects? I'm having some serious issues here and could use some help.

As you know, the wires all come soldered on. I've ended up reconnecting all 8 with quick connects (some initially got torn off accidentally, etc.). I did this months ago, and the stick's worked fine since. A few days ago I notice down isn't working. I go in, reconnect the loose wire. 5 matches later up/left isn't working. So today I go back in, and reconnect about 3 wires (made sure everything was secure). 5 matches later, down and left are loose. I need some tips as to how to securely connect these things because I was damn confident in my work after that last episode. It's really starting to irritate me and I don't know what I'm supposed to do differently when I open it back up. Any advice may help.

#175 Posted by NekuSakuraba (7240 posts) -

Sorry for bad quality, taken with my Iphone -

#176 Posted by Th3_James (2575 posts) -

UGHHHhhh, Fuck you guys.. This is going to make me buy a fightstick

#177 Posted by Jeffsekai (7017 posts) -
@Th3_James said:
" UGHHHhhh, Fuck you guys.. This is going to make me buy a fightstick "
yay :)
#178 Edited by TOXICSHLOCK (34 posts) -

Round Two - FIGHT! 
Some awesome customs here guys, I respect how much work that is. Yesterday I had to pick up a TE, had the fever, was on a mission- and came across this (bought it immediately) - the new Arcade Fightstick TE "S" . This time the Lock works on the xbox guide/start buttons.

not sure if you guys are seeing this pop up here and there, they are pretty new, this one was found in VA...
sorry for me crap iphone shot : 

#179 Posted by Necrotrophic (261 posts) -

i really like the new fightsticks

#180 Posted by Romination (2768 posts) -

i'm loving going through this and seeing all these awesome and jank-ass fight sticks. Keep it up, homeses

#181 Posted by Stang (4726 posts) -
@Romination: I assume you are referring to mine as awesome and all these sticks like Ultima's to be jank-ass, correct?
#182 Posted by AjayRaz (12390 posts) -
@Stang said:
" @Romination: I assume you are referring to mine as awesome and all these sticks like Ultima's to be jank-ass, correct? "
i hope not because a mattress like that makes any fight stick look good 
#183 Posted by Stang (4726 posts) -
@AjayRaz: This just made my day, literal lol was had. Thank you sir.
#184 Posted by AjayRaz (12390 posts) -
@Stang said:
" @AjayRaz: This just made my day, literal lol was had. Thank you sir. "
aha no problem. it wasn't my intention but i'm proud none the less :D 
#185 Posted by AniMoney (957 posts) -
@TOXICSHLOCK said:
  not sure if you guys are seeing this pop up here and there, they are pretty new, this one was found in VA...  
Oh hey I'm in VA too, we should play sometime.
#186 Posted by lordofultima (6186 posts) -

Forgot to show my blue fightstick, guess I can do that here (Blue is 360, Red is PS3): 

#187 Edited by FluxWaveZ (19158 posts) -
@lordofultima: Mesh balls would look sooo much better with the design of your sticks.
#188 Posted by lordofultima (6186 posts) -
@FluxWaveZ said:
" @lordofultima: Mesh balls would look sooo much better with the design of your sticks. "
You're probably right, but they cost too much just for a ball. I was considering bat tops before mesh ball.
#189 Posted by Jeffsekai (7017 posts) -
@lordofultima said:
" Forgot to show my blue fightstick, guess I can do that here (Blue is 360, Red is PS3): 

"
Do that for me please.
#190 Posted by Scooper (7882 posts) -
@lordofultima said:
" @FluxWaveZ said:
" @lordofultima: Mesh balls would look sooo much better with the design of your sticks. "
You're probably right, but they cost too much just for a ball. I was considering bat tops before mesh ball. "
You need to put some blue and red neon tubes or some wierd stupid shit like that. Figure how to wire it all up and go. Get some chrome rims for those buttons while you're at it too.
#191 Posted by YetiAntics (1489 posts) -
@lordofultima said:
"Forgot to show my blue fightstick, guess I can do that here (Blue is 360, Red is PS3): 

"

Is this the stick you purchased a while back?
#192 Posted by lordofultima (6186 posts) -
@PantyshotMQN: Yep, well the red one is technically the marvel te. I did some weird switcharoo stuff.
#193 Posted by StaticFalconar (4849 posts) -
@Scooper said:
" @lordofultima said:
" @FluxWaveZ said:
You're probably right, but they cost too much just for a ball. I was considering bat tops before mesh ball. "
You need to put some blue and red neon tubes or some wierd stupid shit like that. Figure how to wire it all up and go. Get some chrome rims for those buttons while you're at it too. "
Forgot chrome, his buttons needs spinners, and an exhaust port thats shoots fire out everytime a match is finished with an ultra or a super. 
#194 Posted by Scooper (7882 posts) -
@StaticFalconar said:
" @Scooper said:
" @lordofultima said:
" @FluxWaveZ said:
You need to put some blue and red neon tubes or some wierd stupid shit like that. Figure how to wire it all up and go. Get some chrome rims for those buttons while you're at it too. "
Forgot chrome, his buttons needs spinners, and an exhaust port thats shoots fire out everytime a match is finished with an ultra or a super.  "
Yeah I was thinking someone should just make a stick with a bunch of spinners under the plexi, it would look trippy as fuck.

Infact I need to smoke a bowl just thinking about it. WHOOOOAAAAAHHHAHAHAHHA!!!
#195 Posted by cjmabry (485 posts) -

I just ordered a SE Fightstick and SFIV. I can't wait to mod this thing. I'm gonna start making some new art for it... anyone know where to get a template for the stick though since mine won't be in for a couple of days? To the internets! 

Oh and these look great guys.

#196 Posted by The_Infamous_C4 (88 posts) -

grrr this thread is going to get expensive. so many ideas i want to execute.

#197 Edited by EricBennett (2 posts) -

Got bored one day and did this.  Oh the fun you can have with a drill and a lot of spare time.
And yes it is a real golf ball.
#198 Posted by lordofultima (6186 posts) -
@EricBennett: lol!
#199 Posted by MrJared (396 posts) -

About two months ago I completely disassembled my pre-launch Tournament Edition stick. It was in a few dozen pieces and I could pry the frame apart with my bare hands if I wanted. It was for science, I tell you! Anyway, I left my R2TE at Haunts' place and wanted to play some SF4. So I slapped it all back together (I came out with about 18 spare screws. Oh well!), ripped the generic art off, found some spare buttons laying around, threw this in and wrote which buttons were which with a pencil on top. 

Hella tough.
#200 Posted by animateria (3252 posts) -
@MrJared: At least the dog seems to approve. :P

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.