Show your fightstick!

#201 Posted by Xcessive (109 posts) -

I wonder how hard it is to play sf4 on a dog

#202 Posted by AniMoney (957 posts) -
@EricBennett: That's pretty dope man. Is the golf ball comfy?
#203 Edited by EricBennett (2 posts) -
@AniMoney: Yeah.  It works pretty well.  Originally i was going to buy a 45mm ball top for my stick, then i looked online and found out that a golfball is 42.5mm,  So it is about the same.   Functionally it is exactly the same and for me it works well because i have  huge hands.
#204 Posted by Killroycantkill (1417 posts) -

I just finished my stick. It was my first time using photoshop so the image might look a little lame but I like it. Makoto mirror match!

I think it's OK for my first time modding a stick.
#205 Posted by Stang (4726 posts) -

I will have my new TE on Monday. Expect a vid of me destroying my current stick shortly after.

#206 Posted by Necrotrophic (261 posts) -

what version of the te? im thinking about getting a stick solely so I can have one thats 8 way. I was thinking about getting an SE and just modding it but I hate playing around with those quick disconnects they dont like to come off, so I might use it as an excuse to buy one of those new fancy TEs and swap out the gate

#207 Posted by Stang (4726 posts) -
@Necrotrophic: The original TE. I actually just got it, it is going to take a few days to get use to. IT IS FUCKING GINORMOUS! I like the feel of it though. Now I just need to figure out how to customize the art :(
#208 Posted by Necrotrophic (261 posts) -
@Stang said:
" @Necrotrophic: The original TE. I actually just got it, it is going to take a few days to get use to. IT IS FUCKING GINORMOUS! I like the feel of it though. Now I just need to figure out how to customize the art :( "

its pretty easy, if you unscrew the top the red plastic thing will come off with it and you can just pull the art off

get yourself a plexi and put the new art under it and screw it back in

#209 Posted by pavakah (108 posts) -

I can hear the street fighter theme in my head just looking at the box.

Oh, man.

Being speechless is not when you have nothing to say, it is when nothing you could say seems enough.
#210 Posted by Iceman2913 (508 posts) -
@Stang: 
Go to Art Hobbies.com they sell plexi glass and have tons of tips anfguides for modding 
o and Lizardlick.com they sell tons of parts from buttons to meshtops
#211 Posted by bjorno (1424 posts) -

WITNESS THE MADNESS 

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!
#212 Posted by PAkman5009 (40 posts) -
@Plasma:  Wow that is very impressive 8)
#213 Posted by DreadAlert (58 posts) -

I fight with a regular pad.. 

Do you think it's worth the money buying a fight stick? Do they help alot?

#214 Posted by banzairyusan (85 posts) -

Here is mine: 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9oEK5wJzSSs
#215 Posted by banzairyusan (85 posts) -
@DreadAlert said:

" I fight with a regular pad..   Do you think it's worth the money buying a fight stick? Do they help alot? "

Yes.  I have been a pad user for over 20 years.  It makes it more fun and rather addicting to play.  It is also very fun to mod.  I highly recommend the experience.  See my latest video: 
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9oEK5wJzSSs
#216 Posted by Souji5 (1 posts) -

Here is one of my recent builds

#217 Posted by TechHits (1387 posts) -

This is my first stick mod, pretty basic. new buttons and artwork, what do you guys think 
#218 Posted by Lemoncookie01 (1666 posts) -

I'm rocking the Blazblue TE stick for PS3

Picture not mine
I gotta say it was worth it,I actually win matches on SSFIV now.
#219 Posted by Plasma (931 posts) -
@TechHits said:
"
This is my first stick mod, pretty basic. new buttons and artwork, what do you guys think  "

That is so good. Is it an existing design? Or did you combine the wall with a silhouette of Cammy?
#220 Posted by TechHits (1387 posts) -
@Plasma said:
" @TechHits said:
"
This is my first stick mod, pretty basic. new buttons and artwork, what do you guys think  "
 That is so good. Is it an existing design? Or did you combine the wall with a silhouette of Cammy? "

The image is three pictures layered on top of each other. First the brick wall, then the street fighter logo, then the cammy silhouette. If that answers your question :P     
#221 Edited by Dharmaboy75 (1 posts) -

I designed it in Photoshop and got parts from a few online vendors. I like some DC characters and always thought GL had a cool look.

#222 Posted by Jeffsekai (7044 posts) -

holy fuck.

dat one year bump

#223 Posted by WilltheMagicAsian (1546 posts) -

Namco NPC-102, one of the best retail sticks ever made. Once I get around to retrofitting an LS-32 or LS-33 I'll be in Shmup heaven. I'll probably end up turning this into a project box stick since there's not a lot of room under the hood for PCBs.

#224 Posted by Ninja_Welshman (496 posts) -

Sorry to resurrect an old thread but just stumbled across this and wanted to post my custom stick. I built it in time for the launch of SFIV. The design is all my own inc the picture. Hope you like.

Ironically i'm better with a pad. Still suck though.

#225 Edited by Xymox (2107 posts) -

I can get behind the idea of custom sticks. On the PC side of things there are sites you can buy modded cases from --- anything equivalent in the fight stick "scene" or is it all DYI? I'd love to get a persona stick. Where do you buy the parts? There's a lot of space under those custom one's, seems like it'd be easy enough to toss together a controller that'd work with both playstation and xbox/pc.

#226 Edited by MideonNViscera (2257 posts) -

@Xymox said:

I can get behind the idea of custom sticks. On the PC side of things there are sites you can buy modded cases from --- anything equivalent in the fight stick "scene" or is it all DYI? I'd love to get a persona stick. Where do you buy the parts? There's a lot of space under those custom one's, seems like it'd be easy enough to toss together a controller that'd work with both playstation and xbox/pc.

Parts I get from http://akihabarashop.jp/ or LizardLick Amusements. They both have a decent amount of variety.

On shoryuken.com you can find plenty of custom stick makers, but the best ones get pretty pricey. They'll make them work for PS3/360.

It's really easy to mod your own MadCatz stick so you may wanna just give that a shot. Hard to dual mod it yourself though.

#227 Edited by FluxWaveZ (19372 posts) -

@MideonNViscera said:

@Xymox said:

Parts I get from http://akihabarashop.jp/ or LizardLick Amusements. They both have a decent amount of variety.

A note: Lizard Lick no longer exists. It was once the go to place for DIY arcade stick parts in North America, but one'll have to find something else if they want parts other than akihabarashop.jp.

#228 Posted by Xymox (2107 posts) -

@FluxWaveZ said:

@MideonNViscera said:

@Xymox said:

A note: Lizard Lick no longer exists. It was once the go to place for DIY arcade stick parts in North America, but one'll have to find something else if they want parts other than akihabarashop.jp.

Huh, cool. The MadCatz one's don't seem terribly hard to do at all.

#229 Posted by MideonNViscera (2257 posts) -

@FluxWaveZ said:

@MideonNViscera said:

@Xymox said:

hah Oh. Haven't modded anything in almost a year.

#230 Posted by Ninja_Welshman (496 posts) -

@MideonNViscera said:

@Xymox said:

On shoryuken.com you can find plenty of custom stick makers, but the best ones get pretty pricey. They'll make them work for PS3/360.

It's really easy to mod your own MadCatz stick so you may wanna just give that a shot. Hard to dual mod it yourself though.

Thats the shop I bought most of my parts and would recommend to anyone. The Shoryuken community are are great source of help and advice. I didn't find it that hard to build mine from scratch and it was a fun little project. It will give you a great sense of pride once it's all done and works.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.