Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Street Fighter IV

Game » consists of 9 releases. Released Jul 18, 2008

After nearly a decade in hiatus, Capcom's signature mainline fighting game series resurfaces with its fourth main installment, combining the traditional 2D gameplay with modern fully-3D graphics.

So how are the new FightPads?

ImpendingFoil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By ImpendingFoil

I was thinking about picking up one of these when they become available again so I could throw Ultras a little more fluid than with just the normal controller.  I'm not really big on sticks because I was never really into arcades growing up so I always had a controller in my hands and a FightPad seems like something I could use a lot easier.

So I'm wondering if anyone bought one and how the quality is.  Does it make it easier to throw moves and since it is made by Mad Catz is it actually any good since every product I've ever had from them I've found to be a pile of crap.

LiquidPrince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#2  Edited By LiquidPrince

I'm wondering as well.

StaticFalconar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By StaticFalconar

While all fightpads are grossly over priced now, why stick with the official SF4 merch, when you can research an older and proven reliable fightpad? I'd still wait til the prices go down a bit before buying any pads btw (all stores are jacking them up).

LiquidPrince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By LiquidPrince
    StaticFalconar said:
    "While all fightpads are grossly over priced now, why stick with the official SF4 merch, when you can research an older and proven reliable fightpad? I'd still wait til the prices go down a bit before buying any pads btw (all stores are jacking them up).
    "
    Because they have Chun-Li on the faceplate man...

Avatar image for masturbatingbear
    MasturbatingBear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 4

#5  Edited By MasturbatingBear

Imagine eating your favorite ice cream while getting a bj.

ImpendingFoil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By ImpendingFoil
    StaticFalconar said:
    "While all fightpads are grossly over priced now, why stick with the official SF4 merch, when you can research an older and proven reliable fightpad? I'd still wait til the prices go down a bit before buying any pads btw (all stores are jacking them up).
    "

Yeah I wasn't planning on buying one until the next batch hit stores, there is no reason to pay $110 for a $40 controller.  Also I did not know there were other fightpads out there.  I've been looking online at stuff and having seen many different sticks but nothing for fightpads.

LiquidPrince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By LiquidPrince
    MasturbatingBear said:
    "Imagine eating your favorite ice cream while getting a bj.
    "
    Your gonna spread this everywhere right?
    Avatar image for masturbatingbear
    MasturbatingBear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 4

#8  Edited By MasturbatingBear
    LiquidPrince said:
    "MasturbatingBear said:
    "
    "
    Ohh yeah. Why are you against ice cream?
    ImpendingFoil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By ImpendingFoil

You know for a 10 year old quote it holds up quite well still.

LiquidPrince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By LiquidPrince
    MasturbatingBear said:
    "LiquidPrince said:
    "MasturbatingBear said:
    "
    "
    Ohh yeah. Why are you against ice cream?
    "
    I'm not.

Farley_Lives

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#11  Edited By Farley_Lives

I did write a review deeper down in the forums
    http://www.giantbomb.com/street-fighter-iv/61-20456/just-got-my-madcatz-fightpad-today-short-review-inside/35-231202/#5

StaticFalconar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#12  Edited By StaticFalconar
    ImpendingFoil said:
    "StaticFalconar said:
    "

Yeah I wasn't planning on buying one until the next batch hit stores, there is no reason to pay $110 for a $40 controller.  Also I did not know there were other fightpads out there.  I've been looking online at stuff and having seen many different sticks but nothing for fightpads.

"
    You're right actually, the last time I was in the market for a fight pad was the PS2 days where the amount of accessories for it was just obscene (number wise). I guess with not many fighting games that come out for the PS3/360 era, the market just went bi polar to sticks or nothing.
    ImpendingFoil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By ImpendingFoil
    Farley_Lives said:
    "I did write a review deeper down in the forums
    http://www.giantbomb.com/street-fighter-iv/61-20456/just-got-my-madcatz-fightpad-today-short-review-inside/35-231202/#5
    "

Awesome.  That really helped quite a bit with some questions I had.StaticFalconar said:

"ImpendingFoil said:
    "StaticFalconar said:
    "

"
    You're right actually, the last time I was in the market for a fight pad was the PS2 days where the amount of accessories for it was just obscene (number wise). I guess with not many fighting games that come out for the PS3/360 era, the market just went bi polar to sticks or nothing.
    "

Yeah the last time I was looking for a fightpad was for PS2 also.  And like you said there was a ton of them available and for some reason almost every retailer sold them.  I even remember seeing those hologram SF ones being sold at Blockbuster on clearance for like $10.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.