so i just got SFIV...

• 55 results
#51 Posted by lordofultima (6186 posts) -
@Stang said:
" Easy way to do fadc ultra  Do an srk, hold forward at the end of the motion. Hit mk +mp while still holding forward, as soon as the cancel animation begins tap forward one more time. Go make a sandwich then come back and do the ultra, god knows you have about 3 hours to enter the inputs with Ryu. "
I always separate the dash from any srk input, just to be safe. Whatever it is you're FADC'ing you have enough time to do it normally. Tapping MP+MK speeds up the process quite a bit though, so maybe that's it. (some people hold MP+MK, dash, and then release for some reason).
#52 Posted by Stang (4726 posts) -
@lordofultima: My hands don't like to do what I want, so holding forward at the end of the srk works great since it eliminates one of the taps forward after focusing. I tap mk + mp like you, holding them always caused my to do some negative edge srk nonsense or worse, so I stuck with tap method.
#53 Posted by NevereatNirnroot (72 posts) -
@Stang said:
"Easy way to do fadc ultra  Do an srk, hold forward at the end of the motion. Hit mk +mp while still holding forward, as soon as the cancel animation begins tap forward one more time. Go make a sandwich then come back and do the ultra, god knows you have about 3 hours to enter the inputs with Ryu."

i'll give that a try, i noticed with alot of his combos that because i was trying to do them so fast i was messing up and when i slow down i can do them faster if that makes any sense... 

also i was playing champ mode today and won the g3 champ final and got like 2000 pionts but when i went back to the menu i was still g3-c with 350 points anyone else had this problem?
#54 Posted by Stang (4726 posts) -

That is normal. CM has two sets of points gp (grade points) and cp (championship points). You gain cp for each win you get in a mini tourny, they are the gp of the players you beat, the more you get the more gp you gain when the tourny is over. Your gp is what matters (not really), they determine your rank. For instance, I have 38,000 gp and that puts me in G1-C, it will take 2,000 more grade points to get to G1-B. 

Don't get hung up on points, they are meaningless. There are people with 200 gp who are Street Figher gods as well as people with 65,000 gp who are complete garbage. Just play and learn.

#55 Posted by gla55jAw (2682 posts) -

It's funny reading some newbie Street Fighter experiences. I remember playing Street Fighter 2 on my SNES daily and could never beat the game past a 3 star difficulty. 

As for SF IV, if you're new to the game or the series in general, it's probably best to play everyone until you find someone you like. Then when you figure out who you will use, do the training, then play arcade mode over and over, and then some player matches. Usually you will find some cool dudes out there who will give you tips and help you with your game. And you will get better at the same time. It really takes time and practice. I just started up again after a few months without playing and it's still taking me time to get used to everything again.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.