So I'm playing online, and a dude with 20% disconnect appears...

#1 Posted by dudeglove (7770 posts) -

...And I'm all  "What the fuck?" If I believe what the game is telling me (which I rarely do, as I find Capcom's online thingy to be a big fat stinking liar when it comes to how strong the connections are), this guy has disconnected/ragequit on average every one in five matches. He didn't do it with me, ironically, and I think I ended up beating him anyway (I'm pretty sure I was pissed at the time after three beers).

I've seen it less and less, but when I first started playing SFIV online, the number of times some Sagat wankers would throw a hissy fit after losing the first round was ridiculous - even more baffling considering that I wasn't even playing seriously at all. I can sort of  understand it in the context of trying to get that 10-in-a-row achievement/trophy, but the sheer frequency of it was pathetic.

Does this shit happen a lot with Super, or did all the bitter players stay behind? How the fuck do they do it anyway? Just unplug the ethernet cable?

[And for the record, I've managed to clock just over 1000 points with Dhalsim ^_^]

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.