So I'm playing online, and a dude with 20% disconnect appears...

#1 Posted by dudeglove (8149 posts) -

...And I'm all  "What the fuck?" If I believe what the game is telling me (which I rarely do, as I find Capcom's online thingy to be a big fat stinking liar when it comes to how strong the connections are), this guy has disconnected/ragequit on average every one in five matches. He didn't do it with me, ironically, and I think I ended up beating him anyway (I'm pretty sure I was pissed at the time after three beers).

I've seen it less and less, but when I first started playing SFIV online, the number of times some Sagat wankers would throw a hissy fit after losing the first round was ridiculous - even more baffling considering that I wasn't even playing seriously at all. I can sort of  understand it in the context of trying to get that 10-in-a-row achievement/trophy, but the sheer frequency of it was pathetic.

Does this shit happen a lot with Super, or did all the bitter players stay behind? How the fuck do they do it anyway? Just unplug the ethernet cable?

[And for the record, I've managed to clock just over 1000 points with Dhalsim ^_^]

#2 Posted by dudeglove (8149 posts) -

shit, double post. Sorry, mods.

#3 Posted by lilman1101 (1103 posts) -
@dudeglove said:
" shit, double post. Sorry, mods. "
What....for being a zombie?
#4 Posted by Alex_Murphy (1184 posts) -

I had more rage quitters in the first SF4. Especially if I start kicking somebody's ass with Dan, while I constantly taunt them.

#5 Posted by dudeglove (8149 posts) -
@Alex_Murphy said:
" I had more rage quitters in the first SF4. Especially if I start kicking somebody's ass with Dan, while I constantly taunt them. "
So Super SFIV has less of that shit?
#6 Posted by Jazz (2294 posts) -

Oh shit..they found me 
RUN FOR IT MARTY

#7 Posted by StaticFalconar (4849 posts) -

they fixed that in super by counting disconnects as loses when it comes to achievements 

#8 Posted by FluxWaveZ (19377 posts) -

Yeah, I only recall running into one rage quitter.  I think Capcom's idea of matching all the early quitters together in their own "personal hell" worked out alright.

#9 Posted by sfighter21 (798 posts) -
@mnzy said:
" @dudeglove said:
" @Alex_Murphy said:
" I had more rage quitters in the first SF4. Especially if I start kicking somebody's ass with Dan, while I constantly taunt them. "
So Super SFIV has less of that shit? "
I haven't met a single quitter in SSF4, I'm surprised myself. "
Hmm.  Lucky, I guess.  But that sounds about right maybe.  I think I've only had 2 people quit on me so far.
#10 Posted by sfighter21 (798 posts) -
@Jazz:   lol.
#11 Posted by dudeglove (8149 posts) -
@sfighter21 said:
" @mnzy said:
" @dudeglove said:
" @Alex_Murphy said:
So Super SFIV has less of that shit? "
I haven't met a single quitter in SSF4, I'm surprised myself. "
Hmm.  Lucky, I guess.  But that sounds about right maybe.  I think I've only had 2 people quit on me so far. "
Ironically, just yesterday one twit rage quit on me. A sagat no less, with an alt costume, but that's been the only one.
#12 Posted by JoeyIA (662 posts) -
@Jazz said:
" Oh shit..they found me RUN FOR IT MARTY "

#13 Posted by Moody_yeti (369 posts) -

I have played quite a few matches over 3000 : /  and only ever experienced i think about 2 DC's.

#14 Posted by KingPossum (236 posts) -

I have 20% disconnect because I've quit out of 2 pro tournament matches that I've lost in the early brackets for. I'm not a rage quitter yet this game has branded me one. 

I think its a problem with them counting tournament disconnects and making the number seem atrocious.

#15 Posted by FluxWaveZ (19377 posts) -
@KingPossum: Then don't play tournaments.
#16 Posted by KingPossum (236 posts) -
@FluxWaveZ: You sound like a PR rep for Capcom.
#17 Posted by FluxWaveZ (19377 posts) -
@KingPossum said:
@FluxWaveZ: You sound like a PR rep for Capcom.
Really? A PR rep. would tell one of their users to completely ignore a feature that they worked on because they're not patient enough? Right.
#18 Posted by KingPossum (236 posts) -

BTW, some people I've played online have over 3 million % disconnect.  

Thats not at all possible so I bet they screwed something up with this patch that just went up.

#19 Posted by Sauson (561 posts) -

I haven't had any rage quitters in a ranked match for a long time but the other day I was in endless battle and I almost perfected a Juri in the first round so he quit and rejoined.

#20 Posted by KingPossum (236 posts) -
@FluxWaveZ: "Then don't play Tournaments" 

I was throwing out a joke on capcom's behalf, not yours. But if you want to take it personally go ahead cuz I'd rather not argue with random teens over the internet about what they did and didn't test properly on their game release.  Capcom has a long history of messing these things up and I'm not looking at it as a problem they couldn't have circumvented.

Either way I like playing tournaments online so your advice is just a troll line for anyone who uses that feature. 
#21 Posted by eccentrix (1608 posts) -

I agree with KingPossum that you shouldn't have to commit to anything. Just because I acted like I wanted to take part in something doesn't actually mean I do after it doesn't go well for me.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.