Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Street Fighter IV

Game » consists of 9 releases. Released Jul 18, 2008

After nearly a decade in hiatus, Capcom's signature mainline fighting game series resurfaces with its fourth main installment, combining the traditional 2D gameplay with modern fully-3D graphics.

Some videos of my play in my first local ranbat

AndrewJD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 7

#2  Edited By AndrewJD

Liked the Sagat games (because I don't like him!) and overall some pretty nice combos and mind games etc. Nice play :)

napalm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By napalm

Go to Insert > Video > copy + past video links. I am also not watching them until you do, no offense, but we had an embed code for a reason. ;)

Stang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By Stang

I have only watched the first vid, but I must say....nice Ken man, way to rep. We both have a very similar play style. If you play on the 360, we should get some matches in some time.

DirrtyNinja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By DirrtyNinja
    Nice Ken. The first Ryu was a total scrub tho.
    AniMoney

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By AniMoney

good stuff

NateDogg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#7  Edited By NateDogg

Match 1 

Match 2 

Match 3 

Match 4 

Match 5-1 

Match 5-2 

K lets see if this works now...
    Coombs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#8  Edited By Coombs

Well I went to watch your vids,
    But as soon as I saw you were using a camcorder I clicked X.

VisariLoyalist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 4

#9  Edited By VisariLoyalist

what is a ranbat?

Stang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Stang
    @VisariLoyalist: Ranked battles.
    NateDogg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By NateDogg

Thanks for comments. THe ryu's i both played may look scrubby in 4, but if you saw them play 3S, it would be the complete opposite. In short they still haven't moved onto 4 just yet. But i almost lost to the first ryu too :O

Tried to embed, but it didn't work. Idk whats up. 

@Stang 
    I do play on Xbox livee. my gamertag is Nated0gg Ltd 
    i was curious about your  flow chart ken bahahahha

Stang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Stang
    @NateDogg: Yeah man, I would love to get a few games in with you. Ken mirror's are the definition of suck, but it is less gut wrenching against a good Ken.
    Thrawn1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#13  Edited By Thrawn1

the only "footage" of me in my first local tournament is this:  

mrjared

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By mrjared
    @NateDogg: You seem to have solid execution, but maybe not a lot of match-up experience? I say that because there's a lot of green in your game. Random EX hurricanes and shoryukens that will get you killed by a decent player, not pouncing on easy punish opportunities, not going for the knock-down when its presented to you... stuff that gets ironed out once you play for a while and become more comfortable. I think what you might be lacking is a gameplan, since you don't seem to commit to any of your attacks. Its more like you're just reacting to things instead of forcing yourself on the opposition. 

The only serious concern I have for you is that you're playing Ken and you're not going for his kara throws when you either (a) get a block string going or (b) connect with a clean st.mk. There's really no reason to play Ken and not Ryu if you're not going to abuse the daylights out of his wacky kara mix-ups. If you're uncomfortable with that, you might as well just drop him and step up to Ryu where you'll get a lot more for your execution. 
    Stang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Stang
    @MrJared: Well you just shot me to hell. I rarely kara anything, but I do ok. You don't need to kara throw after a step kick unless you poke them with the tip of your toe, the distance can be deceiving but Ken can grab from a decent range. In the first vid of me vs that Cammy thread I do it, it surprises a lot of people.
    lordofultima

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 9

#16  Edited By lordofultima
    @Stang said:
    " @MrJared: Well you just shot me to hell. I rarely kara anything, but I do ok. You don't need to kara throw after a step kick unless you poke them with the tip of your toe, the distance can be deceiving but Ken can grab from a decent range. In the first vid of me vs that Cammy thread I do it, it surprises a lot of people. "
    Stop making excuses for your inadequacies, if Akuma's kara throw was as finger-pleasing as Ken's I'd have a field day with it. The fact that it's standing fierce makes it a bit more annoying though, and it doesn't have all that nice range on it. kara throw is also difficult to option select, since it comes out slightly slower than throw, you'll generally throw someone out of cr.LK where as if you went for tick throw it would be teched.
    Stang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Stang
    @lordofultima said:
    Stop making excuses for your inadequacies
    How does this even make the slightest sense? Am I missing something here?
    demontium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#18  Edited By demontium
    @Thrawn said:
    " the only "footage" of me in my first local tournament is this:  

"
    You look so cute.
    mrjared

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By mrjared
    @Stang said:
    " @MrJared: Well you just shot me to hell. I rarely kara anything, but I do ok. You don't need to kara throw after a step kick unless you poke them with the tip of your toe, the distance can be deceiving but Ken can grab from a decent range. In the first vid of me vs that Cammy thread I do it, it surprises a lot of people. "
    Haha, Im sorry, I'm not trying to be rough. Its just that Ken's kara ability is really the cornerstone of his game. Compared Ryu and Akuma, Ken really lacks versatility. Ryu is one of the best zoning characters in the game and can make the best out of the worst situations with a simple FADC. Akuma can be played a variety of ways, switch styles on the fly and play some of the best confusion tactics in the game. 

But Ken? Ehhhhh.. he has the long-range pokes, the kara-game and GETTIN CRISPY WIT IT! The kara-throw is the best thing he's got going for him and once you work your way in, you should get busy with the option selects :)
    Stang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Stang
    @MrJared: Good points. My problem is that it is extremely hard to incorporate new things into my game after a trillion hours of play. I mean, I know what combos are appropriate against different characters (like ex tatsu combos aren't exactly wise against a full metered Sagat), frame gimmicks etc, but I have a hell of a time bringing shenanigans I just witnessed on youtube into my game. I kara focus and kara hado if I need to get in on a plasma spammer and I kara tatsu if i need to fly across the screen, but for whatever reason kara throws are never really a thought to me, which is odd....cause well I use Ken. 

I guess I am too old and stubborn. I really need to get a dazzle so people can dissect more of my footage.
    lordofultima

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 9

#21  Edited By lordofultima
    @Stang said:

" @lordofultima said:

Stop making excuses for your inadequacies

How does this even make the slightest sense? Am I missing something here? "
    Bah shuts up. You're dumbs. I never use that word ok give me a break, trying to sound smart here.
    NateDogg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By NateDogg
    @MrJared:  Yeah the only match up experience i have is from onlineeeee.. and  no one locally uses the really weird guys like Fuerte.. that i know of anyway. But yeah, i prob do look green with the random stuff, but I like to do random things on occasion. I might get killed for it, or i might surprise my opponent. Idk. 

I tend to cut back on kara throwing on blockstrings as soon as i noticed my opponent knows hows to counter it. 

But anyways, thanks for the insight. I am pretty greeeeen.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.