Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Street Fighter IV

Game » consists of 9 releases. Released Jul 18, 2008

After nearly a decade in hiatus, Capcom's signature mainline fighting game series resurfaces with its fourth main installment, combining the traditional 2D gameplay with modern fully-3D graphics.

Sportsmanship In Street Fighter IV

thatpinguino

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Edited By thatpinguino  Staff

I am new to fighting games with street fighter IV being the first fighting game I've ever seriously played.  I went into street fighter assuming that the community would be the same ass holes and scumbags that seem to blight halo and gears of war.  Those people who never seem to shut up, talking trash at every opportunity. 

However I was amazed at the sportsmanship and friendliness of the street fighter IV community.  I'm a scrub and as such I get my as handed to me 75% of the time.  However most of the time after I get my ass kicked my opponent sends me a message saying "gg keep up the practice"  or they will send me a message with tips on how to play.   I have only ever had one player drop during a match.  I must say Street Fighter IV has one of the best communities that I have ever been a part of.

thatpinguino

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By thatpinguino  Staff

I am new to fighting games with street fighter IV being the first fighting game I've ever seriously played.  I went into street fighter assuming that the community would be the same ass holes and scumbags that seem to blight halo and gears of war.  Those people who never seem to shut up, talking trash at every opportunity. 

However I was amazed at the sportsmanship and friendliness of the street fighter IV community.  I'm a scrub and as such I get my as handed to me 75% of the time.  However most of the time after I get my ass kicked my opponent sends me a message saying "gg keep up the practice"  or they will send me a message with tips on how to play.   I have only ever had one player drop during a match.  I must say Street Fighter IV has one of the best communities that I have ever been a part of.

Avatar image for agnogenic_delete
    Agnogenic_delete

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2  Edited By Agnogenic_delete

Yeah, the community is pretty good. I'm only gotten bad messages a few times... I usually correct their grammar and that shuts them up.

MetalGearSunny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#3  Edited By MetalGearSunny

Yeah I lost to a guys and he told me that I'm getting better etc.

Stang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By Stang

How many threads did you make? I count 3 so far.

thatpinguino

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By thatpinguino  Staff

I deleted the ones that I attached to the wrong pages so only this one is still posted

spacetrucking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 6

#6  Edited By spacetrucking

I have to agree. All the SF veterans have been really helpful in bringing us newbies up to speed.

breadfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 12

#7  Edited By breadfan
    @Stang said:
    " How many threads did you make? I count 3 so far. "
    He's obviously new to Giant Bomb give him a break, plus it's a blog post hes entitled to make one

Anyway yeah the Street Fighter community is generally pretty good, but I have had my fair share of quitters
    yetiantics

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 4

#8  Edited By yetiantics

Can't say ive had many people message me on Xbox Live at all, neither for bad remarks or support, but there usually is a thumbs up smilie before and after every match to show sportsmanship.

It also seems not hitting after a KO (light punch, KO, then heavy punch at the end) is a good way to show sportsmanship by dashing or jumping back instead. In which what i do.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.