Street Fighter IV

Posted by HairyMike87 (1016 posts) -

Well, in case some people want to know, my game of the year for 2009 is SFIV. Just simply my favorite game to play as of now and last year. I've gotten back into it for a while now and that's basically all that I play now. I've been playing championship mode with Guile and made it to G2 a couple days ago.

Let's just say that I started playing as Guile last week and I'm slowly getting decent to be able to hold my own against certain people. Guile isn't the best or the most adapt character, but if you have the patience and reflexes, Guile is nasty. I'm not at that level yet but I want to play with you guys, if you still do. I remember a couple of people on here being into it and would like to get some friendly matches in.

Gamertag: hairybeast87

I'll have more time to game now that school is getting less and less time consuming.

#1 Posted by HairyMike87 (1016 posts) -

Well, in case some people want to know, my game of the year for 2009 is SFIV. Just simply my favorite game to play as of now and last year. I've gotten back into it for a while now and that's basically all that I play now. I've been playing championship mode with Guile and made it to G2 a couple days ago.

Let's just say that I started playing as Guile last week and I'm slowly getting decent to be able to hold my own against certain people. Guile isn't the best or the most adapt character, but if you have the patience and reflexes, Guile is nasty. I'm not at that level yet but I want to play with you guys, if you still do. I remember a couple of people on here being into it and would like to get some friendly matches in.

Gamertag: hairybeast87

I'll have more time to game now that school is getting less and less time consuming.

#2 Posted by AniMoney (957 posts) -
@HairyMike87 said:
" Well, in case some people want to know, my game of the year for 2009 is SFIV. Just simply my favorite game to play as of now and last year. I've gotten back into it for a while now and that's basically all that I play now. I've been playing championship mode with Guile and made it to G2 a couple days ago.  Let's just say that I started playing as Guile last week and I'm slowly getting decent to be able to hold my own against certain people. Guile isn't the best or the most adapt character, but if you have the patience and reflexes, Guile is nasty. I'm not at that level yet but I want to play with you guys, if you still do. I remember a couple of people on here being into it and would like to get some friendly matches in.  Gamertag: hairybeast87  I'll have more time to game now that school is getting less and less time consuming. "
I think I played you in champ mode a few hours ago. 

Also yes, once this semester ends I'm gonna be playing so much.
#3 Posted by Stang (4726 posts) -

Hi my GT is Da Stang, I am a scrub. Come play with me!!

#4 Posted by demontium (4708 posts) -
@Stang said:
" Hi my GT is Da Stang, I am a scrub. Come play with me!! "
Fucking liar! 

Dude I am teh scrub play me! 

@AniMoney: Turtlerog >.>
#5 Posted by JJOR64 (18956 posts) -
@Stang said:
He is.  You can easily kick his ass.  I won against him with Dan.
#6 Posted by OwnlyUzinWonHan (1480 posts) -
@JJOR64:  Dan's no joke! I've beaten a few people here with him.
 @HairyMike87: Have you added GB SFIV Direct to your XBL friends list?
#7 Edited by Stang (4726 posts) -
@demontium said:

" @Stang said:

Fucking liar!"
Lies. You beat me 345-3 last time we played.

@JJOR64 said:

" @Stang said:

He is.  You can easily kick his ass.  I won against him with Dan. "
Jordan speaks the truth. The knee of justice owns my ass :(

edit

I can put the matches on youtube if you want.
#8 Posted by demontium (4708 posts) -
@Stang said:
" @demontium said:

" @Stang said:

Fucking liar!"
Lies. You beat me 345-3 last time we played."      
You mean 3-345
#9 Posted by EightBitWarrior (591 posts) -

Another one bites the dust.

#10 Posted by HairyMike87 (1016 posts) -
@AniMoney: You may have played me. I was playing for a few hours tonight instead of going to the gym haha.
#11 Posted by 10MP (311 posts) -

i play a shitty ryu but only because everyone else is boring. hopefully when super comes out I'll be able to switch.

gt: MikeB74

#12 Posted by HairyMike87 (1016 posts) -
@10MP: How shitty?
#13 Posted by HairyMike87 (1016 posts) -
@OwnlyUzinWonHan: no i haven't.
#14 Posted by 10MP (311 posts) -

are you able to play right now? it says you got off 5 minutes ago.

get back on and lets play.

#15 Posted by OwnlyUzinWonHan (1480 posts) -
@HairyMike87: Well if you add it, it has a bunch of us on it so you can use it as a filter or something.
#16 Posted by Scooper (7882 posts) -

I can play some Street Fighter. If you enjoy Guile Mirror matches.... I can play alot of characters at a basic level, though. I'm playing alot of Rose recentaly. Add me if you want to play.

GT: AquaticPear.

#17 Posted by lordofultima (6238 posts) -
@HairyMike87 said:
" Well, in case some people want to know, my game of the year for 2009 is SFIV. Just simply my favorite game to play as of now and last year. I've gotten back into it for a while now and that's basically all that I play now. I've been playing championship mode with Guile and made it to G2 a couple days ago.  Let's just say that I started playing as Guile last week and I'm slowly getting decent to be able to hold my own against certain people. Guile isn't the best or the most adapt character, but if you have the patience and reflexes, Guile is nasty. I'm not at that level yet but I want to play with you guys, if you still do. I remember a couple of people on here being into it and would like to get some friendly matches in.  Gamertag: hairybeast87  I'll have more time to game now that school is getting less and less time consuming. "
Wow, it's been a long time dude, we played in the launch tournament and you beasted me with Ryu all that time ago. Good to see you've "returned" from the quiet world.
#18 Posted by HairyMike87 (1016 posts) -
@OwnlyUzinWonHan: That's weird. I added it though.
#19 Posted by HairyMike87 (1016 posts) -
@lordofultima: I remember that tourny. I'm sure you are more beast than I am now from seeing some of your vids.
#20 Posted by Driadon (2997 posts) -

It's times like this that I wish you could play the PC version across Live with 360 owners. I need more people to play at my level of terrible at this game.

#21 Posted by AniMoney (957 posts) -
@HairyMike87 said:
" @AniMoney: You may have played me. I was playing for a few hours tonight instead of going to the gym haha. "
I checked recent players list on xbox.com and sure enough, you are on there. GG I guess even though I don't remember the actual match haha.
#22 Posted by HairyMike87 (1016 posts) -
@AniMoney: haha. yeah but if you were playing balrog, just assuming, then u were the only one i played and i have trouble against other turtles. i get impatient which is a bad thing to do when playing a guile.
#23 Posted by AniMoney (957 posts) -
@HairyMike87: I probably was balrog, I try not to turtle so much, but Guile really limits your options so what can ya do

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.