Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Street Fighter IV

Game » consists of 9 releases. Released Jul 18, 2008

After nearly a decade in hiatus, Capcom's signature mainline fighting game series resurfaces with its fourth main installment, combining the traditional 2D gameplay with modern fully-3D graphics.

Street Fighter IV has landed (In Aus)

Manachild

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Edited By Manachild

No Caption Provided

Nuff Said!
    Manachild

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By Manachild

No Caption Provided

Nuff Said!
    jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 9

#2  Edited By jakob187

Those are some hairy arms, dood!

Dimsey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 118

#3  Edited By Dimsey

Lucky. My local game stores saying they'll have it in on the 19th, which is actually earlier then I was told to expect so I guess I can't complain, but I am pretty envious nonetheless.
    I wants me some Street Fightin'.

TheGamerGeek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

User Lists: 13

#4  Edited By TheGamerGeek

It looks so good! You must tell me about it tomorrow!

Cheapoz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#5  Edited By Cheapoz

http://www.giantbomb.com/street-fighter-iv/61-20456/its-128pm-172-and-i-feel/35-230508

Wow, just like this thread! ;o)
    LiquidPrince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#6  Edited By LiquidPrince

Cool. I'm getting mine tomorrow.

lordofultima

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#7  Edited By lordofultima

All manly men have hairy arms. This is true.

jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#8  Edited By jakob187
    lordofultima said:
    "All manly men have hairy arms. This is true."
    Robin Williams fan?
    Pepsiman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 30

User Lists: 28

#9  Edited By Pepsiman

No, that's just more or less scientific fact, from what I hear. It wasn't busted on Mythbusters, at least.

Manachild

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Manachild

great news guys, the japanese option in the english version also effects the intro movie song dub. Well the english one is delightfully cheesy but i thought some people might want to know that.

Jensonb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 8

#11  Edited By Jensonb

That is one big ass PG sticker.

Linkyshinks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#12  Edited By Linkyshinks

Man, I have to wait till Friday here in the UK, till then I will be twiddling my awesome joystick.

lol, those arms are hairier than mine.

Oz sure does have some fucked up labeling when it comes to the rating logos. it ruins the art totally!. Is that stuck on or is it printed on?

Manachild

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Manachild
    Linkyshinks said:
    "Man, I have to wait till Friday here in the UK, till then I will be twiddling my awesome joystick.

Oz sure does have some fucked up labeling when it comes to the rating logos. it ruins the art totally!. Is that stuck on or is it printed on?
    "
    They arent as hairy as they look in the photo. But still hairy i guess.
    They used to have stick on ratings logo's now thier printed on the cover.

i've played this game for 8 hours straight so far. Game is incredible.
    I want to swap out the hori buttons on my real arcade pro 3 for sanwa ones now. 
    Linkyshinks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#14  Edited By Linkyshinks
    Manachild said:
    "Linkyshinks said:
    "Man, I have to wait till Friday here in the UK, till then I will be twiddling my awesome joystick.

"
    They arent as hairy as they look in the photo. But still hairy i guess.
    They used to have stick on ratings logo's now thier printed on the cover.

i've played this game for 8 hours straight so far. Game is incredible.
    I want to swap out the hori buttons on my real arcade pro 3 for sanwa ones now. 

If you find that an annoyance with some games you could get alternative boxes or untainted versions via this site

If you have a look around you might find a PDF file. Take it to a pro printer if your own is not up to scratch.

Manachild

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Manachild

one thing that has me worried now that i have this game is this:

i'm getting the feeling that the stick is starting to feel less responsive than when i first got it 2.5 weeks ago.
    It doesnt do what lord of ultima had with the mad catz controller where he got stuck in crouch. What i think i'm noticing is. ill be playing as ryu or ken and do the motion for a whirlwind kick and often instead of doing that hell just crouch and do a trip kick as if the stick has become sluggish to return to its centre point. this disapoints me since the actual stick in it is a sanwa stick (Sanwa JLF-TP-8Y-SK). The buttons are hori however, and a few of them are becoming a bit less clicky already one of them is a little stuff. I havent had it not respond to imput at all yet, but its not the best style of button to mash with if you need to do e honda's slap attack or chun li's fast kick.
    The SA version of the HRAP3 is the same as the normal HRAP 3 except its a different colour and has sanwa obsf 30 buttons in it. I wonder if the actual button slots on the normal hrap3 are exactly the same as the SA's the measurements seem to be the same so i can just hot swap them. I'm assuming that the stick isnt actually busted, and perhaps something is just lose or not tightened properly. I can only hope. Otherwise i will be forced to mod it heh.
    RHCPfan24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#17  Edited By RHCPfan24

I am getting mine today but I can't stand all the people just posting their copies to tease us!! Agh, I have waited enough!

Jensonb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#18  Edited By Jensonb
    Manachild said:
    "one thing that has me worried now that i have this game is this:
    i'm getting the feeling that the stick is starting to feel less responsive than when i first got it 2.5 weeks ago.
    It doesnt do what lord of ultima had with the mad catz controller where he got stuck in crouch. What i think i'm noticing is. ill be playing as ryu or ken and do the motion for a whirlwind kick and often instead of doing that hell just crouch and do a trip kick as if the stick has become sluggish to return to its centre point. this disapoints me since the actual stick in it is a sanwa stick (Sanwa JLF-TP-8Y-SK). The buttons are hori however, and a few of them are becoming a bit less clicky already one of them is a little stuff. I havent had it not respond to imput at all yet, but its not the best style of button to mash with if you need to do e honda's slap attack or chun li's fast kick.
    The SA version of the HRAP3 is the same as the normal HRAP 3 except its a different colour and has sanwa obsf 30 buttons in it. I wonder if the actual button slots on the normal hrap3 are exactly the same as the SA's the measurements seem to be the same so i can just hot swap them. I'm assuming that the stick isnt actually busted, and perhaps something is just lose or not tightened properly. I can only hope. Otherwise i will be forced to mod it heh."
    -Stares blankly-

Fighting game nerd talk is completely inaccessible.
    SpecTackle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By SpecTackle

Yeah, gonna have to agree, you are one hairy mofo.

get2sammyb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#20  Edited By get2sammyb
    Jensonb said:
    "Manachild said:
    The SA version of the HRAP3 is the same as the normal HRAP 3 except its a different colour and has sanwa obsf 30 buttons in it. I wonder if the actual button slots on the normal hrap3 are exactly the same as the SA's the measurements seem to be the same so i can just hot swap them. I'm assuming that the stick isnt actually busted, and perhaps something is just lose or not tightened properly. I can only hope. Otherwise i will be forced to mod it heh."
    -Stares blankly-

"
    lol. Wasn't just me then? Haha.

Seeing Manachild's picture has totally shattered my illusion of what I thought he looked like. My arms are the absolute OPPOSITE of Mana... I am the UNHAIRIEST 20-year old in the world. People used to think I shaved my legs :(
    Cheapoz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Cheapoz
    Jensonb said:
    "Manachild said:
    -Stares blankly-

"
    Check out my initial impressions. If that goes over your head then SF IV as a whole is completely inaccessible. Like to me.
    Manachild

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Manachild

That paragraph doesnt have anything to do with fighting games actually, and more to do with arcade sticks and part numbers. That post was mostly aimed at lordofultima, linkyshinks or the other couple of people i know on this forum that know tech stuff about arcade sticks.

As far as street fighter IV goes, i doubt that you'll ever be able to get into any fighting game if its completely inaccessible to you, considering that the game is far easier to pickup and learn than Tekken, Virtua Fighter, Soul Calibur or anything like that. But then again street fighter always has. I did read your impressions, and i dont mind the fact that unlocking stuff is a grind even if it does artificially make you play the single player more.
    Cheapoz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Cheapoz
    Manachild said:
    "That paragraph doesnt have anything to do with fighting games actually, and more to do with arcade sticks and part numbers. That post was mostly aimed at lordofultima, linkyshinks or the other couple of people i know on this forum that know tech stuff about arcade sticks.

As far as street fighter IV goes, i doubt that you'll ever be able to get into any fighting game if its completely inaccessible to you, considering that the game is far easier to pickup and learn than Tekken, Virtua Fighter, Soul Calibur or anything like that. But then again street fighter always has. I did read your impressions, and i dont mind the fact that unlocking stuff is a grind even if it does artificially make you play the single player more.
    "
    Actually I picked up SC4 last year and really enjoyed that. Easy to pick up and helpful to learn.

I just think this game was never approached from an angle of new players. For instance I've been going through the challenges to try and learn moves/combos. However at first it's an exercise of frustration deciphering the tiny words and icons. Then there's no help given to work out the timing of button presses. Lastly, SC4 would demo the move to you, so you could see how it looks when successful, which this game does not.

I know I'd be annoyed if someone started slagging off my favourite games because they're a total noob. So I hope I don't come across like that, but from the usability perspective, this game caters to the moderately experienced/hardcore, and no one else.
    Manachild

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Manachild

I'm not saying your a noob dude, there was no intent to insult in what i said. I was looking at it from the point of view of, i thought SFIV might be easier than say SC4 for you because there are much less moves to learn to begin with. Where as SC characters have well over 50 moves per character and fast multi input combo's. I always saw street fighter as the series where it was more about learning the basics and the few specials and knowing when to best use them. I know there are more systems than that in SFIV but i thought those systems were something that someone might gradually pickup as you played the game more in general.

Cheapoz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Cheapoz

Chill, it's all good!

Yeah I like that there's only a few moves to learn, granted. But I really would like some kind of tutorial, so I know the most effective ways to chain them.

I'm playing Arcade mode on Very Easy and the rival fight, they've started using ultras/supers and countering them. Wish I knew how to counter them! But I'd have no idea...

Also, I get the impression in an even fight, it just becomes a race to use the ultra first, how do you avoid that?
    c1337us

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By c1337us

I'll probably pick it up after work today.

Manachild

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Manachild
    Cheapoz said:
    "Chill, it's all good!

Yeah I like that there's only a few moves to learn, granted. But I really would like some kind of tutorial, so I know the most effective ways to chain them.

I'm playing Arcade mode on Very Easy and the rival fight, they've started using ultras/supers and countering them. Wish I knew how to counter them! But I'd have no idea...

Also, I get the impression in an even fight, it just becomes a race to use the ultra first, how do you avoid that?
    "
    Oh its ok dude, its hard to read peoples tones on the internet, i just wanted to be careful that i wasnt sounding like an elitist.
    You can block ultra's , i havent sorta done much with the parry system yet. But ryu's fireball ultra you can block. Same with rufus's. I only mention those 2 cause thier the only 2 i've tried to block.

About what you said about street fighter 2. to be honest despite people comparing this game to more modern sf2 i disagree with that assessment, i feel this game has the complexity of third strike personally. I dont see that as a bad or hard thing myself, but i do know that thats the game that the mainstream started to teter off with. 

here are character unlocks:
    Cammy beat arcade as Crimson Viper, Dan beat arcade as Sakura, Fei Long beat arcade as Abel, Gen beat arcade mode as Chun-Li, Rose beat arcade mode as M.Bison, Sakura beat arcade mode as Ryu, Seth beat the game with all other charecters
    Akuma and Gouken are the same which is After unlocking Sakura, Dan, Cammy, Fei Long, Gen and Rose, Fight him on arcade mode, to do that, Get at least 2 perfects and 2 Ultra Finishes.
    Kratos81

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Kratos81

I bought the ps3 version the load times annoy me after I lose and want to continue quickly. Im installing to hdd right now to see it it speeds it up. Other then that great game altho the computer seems cheap. Im trying to beat the game to unlock characters, got to able and the bastard keeps throwing me over and over. I am still getting used to the game but damn, reminds me of playing with my little brother.

Manachild

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Manachild
    Kratos81 said:
    "I bought the ps3 version the load times annoy me after I lose and want to continue quickly. Im installing to hdd right now to see it it speeds it up. Other then that great game altho the computer seems cheap. Im trying to beat the game to unlock characters, got to able and the bastard keeps throwing me over and over. I am still getting used to the game but damn, reminds me of playing with my little brother."
    yeah, i've noticed that the ai is vvery cheap at times even on very easy difficulty. Especially C. viper and rufus sometimes i've found.
    Still enjoying the game heaps tho. best fighting game iv'e played in a long time.
    Kratos81

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Kratos81

Recommend Everyone with the Ps3 version install to hdd. Cut the load times in half maybe even more.

Manachild

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Manachild

i installed straight away when i first got the game, didnt want to risk it :)

Avatar image for deactivated-5d7bd9e4bef30
    deactivated-5d7bd9e4bef30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I got mine earlier today :P
    Too lazy to take a pic, but here's MyGamerCard to prove it

Street Fighter IV all the way to the left

Kratos81

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Kratos81

I still need to get better but I have been playing sf since the original sf2. At this point I have to say I think sf alpha3 is a better game. The last boss is lame, that has been done before.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d7bd9e4bef30
    deactivated-5d7bd9e4bef30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

What the hell was up with the controls if you play with the normal joypad. They're not like SSF2THDR, so you have to configure all this crap you're used to.

Manachild

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Manachild

Despite what people said before SFIV came out, this game handles nothing like SF2 imo, it feels noticably looser.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.