Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Street Fighter IV

Game » consists of 9 releases. Released Jul 18, 2008

After nearly a decade in hiatus, Capcom's signature mainline fighting game series resurfaces with its fourth main installment, combining the traditional 2D gameplay with modern fully-3D graphics.

Street Fighter IV, it's totally here---I think...

TheGamerGeek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

User Lists: 13

Edited By TheGamerGeek

They roll that way...
    They roll that way...
    Street Fighter IV, baby. It’s here and it’s better than ever. A couple of months ago I could’ve told you straight up that the chances of me getting Street Fighter IV was slim-to-none but after a while of Street Fighter talk and me watching gameplay, I bought into the hype and finally made the faithful decision to get the game.

Street Fighter IV of course has the normal modes like arcade and exhibition but they throw in some challenge modes that I found to be entertaining for a while. One being the Trial Mode. This is my first SF game in the franchise and I did go into the Trial mode expecting it to be a pretty good, helpful mode that’ll help me through the game and it doesn’t do that, at all. It pushes you through the Ultra and Super then pretty much says here do these combos. That isn’t all bad because it’s supposed to help you get your combo timing right but it didn’t help me past that, though. Then you’ve got Time Attack mode which is just you fighting people until the time runs out. Nothing really interesting, it’s just fighting with a strict time limit. You can sometimes run into that situation where there’s like 30 seconds on the clock and you’re on the last competitor and you have to challenge yourself to beat him in that time. Then there’s Survival which is you go through loads of people while not running out of vitality.

Oh my god, bewbs!
    Oh my god, bewbs!
    This mode is by far the worst. Pretty pointless, hopefully I’m missing something.

The characters in Street Fighter IV are all pretty well done, besides some people who have some very annoying moves that can be constantly spammed and it happens quite a bit online. Not saying any names but Ken, Rufus, Seth, Cammy, Zangief, and sometimes Honda. Besides that, there are some great characters in this game. Ken and Honda are fun as long as nobody spam’s them. Ryu is still the best, just saying. Rufus is also nice, just because he has nice man boobie physics.

Look at those spamming muscles.

Online is spectacular. With really no lag at all and a great drop-in-drop-out system, Street Fighter’s MP is one of the best in the fighting genre. The

battle points are a neat concept but even with the filtering of the skill, I was still constantly running into people much more skilled than me and would just tear me up to no return. This would end in me losing my battle points and being a very sad man.

All-in-all the game is fantastic. The Multiplayer is great and all the stuff you can do out of Multiplayer is a little something to keep you going for weeks on end. One big question is fight stick or no fight stick. I played without one and I lost quite a bit and also got very frustrated quite a bit with doing the Ultra’s and other major moves so if you’ve got the money then yes, definitely get a stick. But still, no matter what, Street Fighter IV is one hell of a game.

TheGamerGeek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

User Lists: 13

#1  Edited By TheGamerGeek

They roll that way...
    They roll that way...
    Street Fighter IV, baby. It’s here and it’s better than ever. A couple of months ago I could’ve told you straight up that the chances of me getting Street Fighter IV was slim-to-none but after a while of Street Fighter talk and me watching gameplay, I bought into the hype and finally made the faithful decision to get the game.

Street Fighter IV of course has the normal modes like arcade and exhibition but they throw in some challenge modes that I found to be entertaining for a while. One being the Trial Mode. This is my first SF game in the franchise and I did go into the Trial mode expecting it to be a pretty good, helpful mode that’ll help me through the game and it doesn’t do that, at all. It pushes you through the Ultra and Super then pretty much says here do these combos. That isn’t all bad because it’s supposed to help you get your combo timing right but it didn’t help me past that, though. Then you’ve got Time Attack mode which is just you fighting people until the time runs out. Nothing really interesting, it’s just fighting with a strict time limit. You can sometimes run into that situation where there’s like 30 seconds on the clock and you’re on the last competitor and you have to challenge yourself to beat him in that time. Then there’s Survival which is you go through loads of people while not running out of vitality.

Oh my god, bewbs!
    Oh my god, bewbs!
    This mode is by far the worst. Pretty pointless, hopefully I’m missing something.

The characters in Street Fighter IV are all pretty well done, besides some people who have some very annoying moves that can be constantly spammed and it happens quite a bit online. Not saying any names but Ken, Rufus, Seth, Cammy, Zangief, and sometimes Honda. Besides that, there are some great characters in this game. Ken and Honda are fun as long as nobody spam’s them. Ryu is still the best, just saying. Rufus is also nice, just because he has nice man boobie physics.

Online is spectacular. With really no lag at all and a great drop-in-drop-out system, Street Fighter’s MP is one of the best in the fighting genre. The

battle points are a neat concept but even with the filtering of the skill, I was still constantly running into people much more skilled than me and would just tear me up to no return. This would end in me losing my battle points and being a very sad man.

All-in-all the game is fantastic. The Multiplayer is great and all the stuff you can do out of Multiplayer is a little something to keep you going for weeks on end. One big question is fight stick or no fight stick. I played without one and I lost quite a bit and also got very frustrated quite a bit with doing the Ultra’s and other major moves so if you’ve got the money then yes, definitely get a stick. But still, no matter what, Street Fighter IV is one hell of a game.

Alex_Murphy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Alex_Murphy
    TheGamerGeek said:
    " some people who have some very annoying moves that can be constantly spammed and it happens quite a bit online. Not saying any names but Ken, Rufus, Seth, Cammy, Zangief, and sometimes Honda."
    I play Zangief a bit and I don't know if his pile-driver and spinning lariat move is really 'spamming' even if you do use them repeatedly. I just kinda think that's how you play him. He's got a huge hit box, he's not that fast and he doesn't have a fireball, so I always just try to get close to my oponent and lay on the dammage any way I can before they can escape to the other side of the screen.
    StaticFalconar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By StaticFalconar

Seeing as how certain characters only have so many moves, its only spam if they aren't using it properly. But if you throw a fireball at geif and he spins; thats not spam, that just how you play him. What next, complaining geif spinnig pile drives you when he gets close?

PureRok

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By PureRok

I never thought of Cammy as a spammer. Of course, I play Cammy, so I may be biased. She has really only four moves, two of which are her main.

Spiral Arrow and Cannon Spike are her two main, while her Spinning Backfist is more of a reactionary move, and then her Hooligan Throw is something you just throw out there occasionally (at least, how I play her). I rarely use her Cannon Strike (basically a Spiral Arrow while jumping).

I guess it could seem like spamming if she nails you with a SA and then a CS over and over... but, then, you should start trying to defeat that instead of calling it spamming.

Xandurson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#5  Edited By Xandurson

It is indeed fun...I have too many games to play!!

kmdrkul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#6  Edited By kmdrkul

Survival mode is actually pretty fun.  I just got done with one where I was on my 12th and last opponent with about a fourth of my health left.  Was pretty thrilling...

agent_lost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#7  Edited By agent_lost

I can hardly call Cammy a spammer, especially if you block Spiral Arrow and Cannon Spike then you get a free hit

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.