Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Street Fighter IV

Game » consists of 9 releases. Released Jul 18, 2008

After nearly a decade in hiatus, Capcom's signature mainline fighting game series resurfaces with its fourth main installment, combining the traditional 2D gameplay with modern fully-3D graphics.

Street Fighter: The Legend of Chun-Li

Avatar image for lordxavierbritish
    LordXavierBritish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 6

#1  Edited By LordXavierBritish

I hate to bring this up, but someone had to bring it up.

So I'm going to be devils advocate and force discussion about this move.

We all know it's going to be bad, but it has yet to be seen if it will be hilarious bad or embarrassing bad.

Either way we're all screwed, but at least we might get some laughs out of it.

I still cannot phathom why Capcom felt the need to let the liscense go for another round in Hollywood, was the fact that a new Street Fighter game came out not enough to get the franchise back in the public eye.

I don't know, but hey, maybe you do.

Thoughts?

EvilTwin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 9

#3  Edited By jakob187

I feel so bad that Neal McDonough is stooping down this low and playing M. Bison.  =  (  Buck Compton/Bruce Banner will never be the same to me ever again.

I mean, I expect it from Kristin Kreuk (who's new to movie acting) and Michael Clarke Duncan (he WAS Kingpin)...but really?  Neal is in the movie?  I feel so so so so so so bad.
    clarke0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By clarke0

They're making this movie because we all know how great the last live-action Street Fighter was.

jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 9

#5  Edited By jakob187
    clarke0 said:
    "They're making this movie because we all know how great the last live-action Street Fighter was."
    ...but the last live-action Street Fighter movie WAS great.  It wasn't good by any means as far as acting or whatever, but given the time that it was made...the lack of CGI capabilities at the time...and the cheesiness of Street Fighter in general...it was fucking sweet as shit!  I remember seeing that when I was a kid and thinking "FUCK YES, THIS RULES!".  Nowadays, I get a good laugh from it, but I don't take the movie seriously.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.