Super Street Fighter IV forthe PC canceled?

#1 Posted by ShockD (2401 posts) -

There are rumors circling all around us that the PC version of the DLC has been canceled. Would be quite a disappointment, I really wanted to try out the new characters...

#2 Posted by AlisterCat (5575 posts) -

It's not DLC, and they are not releasing the game on PC due to piracy concerns.

#3 Posted by AjayRaz (12428 posts) -

they said they won't release it for the PC a while ago.

#4 Posted by Lone_f (281 posts) -
#5 Posted by Portis (1287 posts) -

Cancelled? Super Street Fighter IV for PC was never announced -- people just assumed it was coming  (granted, I was one of them.)

#6 Posted by RsistncE (4496 posts) -

Yeah they said last week or so that they wouldn't release it due to nonsensical and moronic reasons. In other words it's Capcom, and apparently they do not like the idea of making money. That and they're stupid. Oh and they're a Japanese developer which means their concept of game development is defunct and they really don't know what the hell they're doing anyways.

#7 Posted by Heartbreak (288 posts) -
@RsistncE said:
" Yeah they said last week or so that they wouldn't release it due to nonsensical and moronic reasons. In other words it's Capcom, and apparently they do not like the idea of making money. That and they're stupid. Oh and they're a Japanese developer which means their concept of game development is defunct and they really don't know what the hell they're doing anyways. "
"Mr. Person-San, we should release SSFIV on the PC and make less money than we should for a market that hardly plays plus SFIV was one of the most pirated games of the year!"
"Are you fucking retarded? Commit Seppuku"
#8 Posted by Legend (2659 posts) -
@AlisterCat said:
" It's not DLC, and they are not releasing the game on PC due to piracy concerns. "
Yeah, you know, 'cause console games can never be pirated.. yep. :P
#9 Posted by MrKlorox (11209 posts) -
@Legend said:
" @AlisterCat said:
" It's not DLC, and they are not releasing the game on PC due to piracy concerns. "
Yeah, you know, 'cause console games can never be pirated.. yep. :P "
Tell it to CAPCOM. We're on your side. But the reason they cited for the lack of port is piracy.
#10 Posted by Geno (6477 posts) -
@Heartbreak said:
" @RsistncE said:
" Yeah they said last week or so that they wouldn't release it due to nonsensical and moronic reasons. In other words it's Capcom, and apparently they do not like the idea of making money. That and they're stupid. Oh and they're a Japanese developer which means their concept of game development is defunct and they really don't know what the hell they're doing anyways. "
"Mr. Person-San, we should release SSFIV on the PC and make less money than we should for a market that hardly plays plus SFIV was one of the most pirated games of the year!" "Are you fucking retarded? Commit Seppuku" "
PC is actually a fairly large market and they made a profit on SFIV. Despite PC's piracy problems, the sheer size of the audience (probably no less than an order of magnitude that of consoles') ensures that most games make a comparable amount of money compared to their console counterparts even if only a small proportion of PC gamers buy it legitimately (Steam alone has over 30 million users and accounts for less than half of total PC game sales). Companies like Valve and Bethesda support the PC audience and happily make large profits from them, larger than that made on consoles even. It's a mystery why more companies don't do the same, except for perhaps the pirating myth that both publishers and gamers alike tend to spread. 
#11 Posted by Legend (2659 posts) -
@MrKlorox said:
" @Legend said:
" @AlisterCat said:
" It's not DLC, and they are not releasing the game on PC due to piracy concerns. "
Yeah, you know, 'cause console games can never be pirated.. yep. :P "
Tell it to CAPCOM. We're on your side. But the reason they cited for the lack of port is piracy. "
Yeah, I know. I was making fun of their stupid reason.
#12 Posted by Heartbreak (288 posts) -
@Geno said:
" @Heartbreak said:
" @RsistncE said:
" Yeah they said last week or so that they wouldn't release it due to nonsensical and moronic reasons. In other words it's Capcom, and apparently they do not like the idea of making money. That and they're stupid. Oh and they're a Japanese developer which means their concept of game development is defunct and they really don't know what the hell they're doing anyways. "
"Mr. Person-San, we should release SSFIV on the PC and make less money than we should for a market that hardly plays plus SFIV was one of the most pirated games of the year!" "Are you fucking retarded? Commit Seppuku" "
PC is actually a fairly large market and they made a profit on SFIV. Despite PC's piracy problems, the sheer size of the audience (probably no less than an order of magnitude that of consoles') ensures that most games make a comparable amount of money compared to their console counterparts even if only a small proportion of PC gamers buy it legitimately (Steam alone has over 30 million users and accounts for less than half of total PC game sales). Companies like Valve and Bethesda support the PC audience and happily make large profits from them, larger than that made on consoles even. It's a mystery why more companies don't do the same, except for perhaps the pirating myth that both publishers and gamers alike tend to spread.  "
The information of piracy vs profit seems widely varied, but I don't disagree with the Steam part.
 
I guess Capcom doesn't want nude skins of Juri to be possible so they stopped the port.
Most likely.
#13 Posted by RsistncE (4496 posts) -
@Heartbreak said:
" @Geno said:
" @Heartbreak said:
" @RsistncE said:
" Yeah they said last week or so that they wouldn't release it due to nonsensical and moronic reasons. In other words it's Capcom, and apparently they do not like the idea of making money. That and they're stupid. Oh and they're a Japanese developer which means their concept of game development is defunct and they really don't know what the hell they're doing anyways. "
"Mr. Person-San, we should release SSFIV on the PC and make less money than we should for a market that hardly plays plus SFIV was one of the most pirated games of the year!" "Are you fucking retarded? Commit Seppuku" "
PC is actually a fairly large market and they made a profit on SFIV. Despite PC's piracy problems, the sheer size of the audience (probably no less than an order of magnitude that of consoles') ensures that most games make a comparable amount of money compared to their console counterparts even if only a small proportion of PC gamers buy it legitimately (Steam alone has over 30 million users and accounts for less than half of total PC game sales). Companies like Valve and Bethesda support the PC audience and happily make large profits from them, larger than that made on consoles even. It's a mystery why more companies don't do the same, except for perhaps the pirating myth that both publishers and gamers alike tend to spread.  "
The information of piracy vs profit seems widely varied, but I don't disagree with the Steam part.  I guess Capcom doesn't want nude skins of Juri to be possible so they stopped the port. Most likely. "
If there is any PROFIT to be made off of selling it on the PC then it should be sold on the PC. According to Capcom they made money off of the SFIV port on the PC, that means not releasing SSIV is a bad business decision. Again, this seems to be pretty consistent with Japanese game developer/publisher stupidity. Doesn't really matter to me in the end because SFIV was a nos-con piece of shit.
#14 Posted by BUCK3TM4N (549 posts) -

such a shame cause i pretty much play PC exclusively so i most likely wont get them for my 360   

#15 Posted by Oscar__Explosion (2305 posts) -
@antikorper: At least the PC is getting the Arcade Edition 

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.