Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Street Fighter IV

Game » consists of 9 releases. Released Jul 18, 2008

After nearly a decade in hiatus, Capcom's signature mainline fighting game series resurfaces with its fourth main installment, combining the traditional 2D gameplay with modern fully-3D graphics.

The Akuma Comboratory, part 1

lordofultima

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 9

Edited By lordofultima
    My first of two combo videos for Akuma in Street Fighter IV. This one covers "Bread & Butter" combos as well as "Links." This is definitely the more informative of the two videos, it covering a lot of basic combos and setups that are integral to Akuma play. Here's the youtube link, complete with complete combo notation in the info if you're interested.

Gameplay recorded from the PC version of Street Fighter IV using Fraps, 1280x720 @60 fps. Arcade Stick/hand footage recorded with my JVC Everio Camcorder, 864x486 @29.970 fps. Major editing done in Adobe After Effects CS4, and the final cut compiled in Sony Vegas Pro 8.

Music from Unreal Tournament III soundtrack, "Afterburn" and "Mekalopolis" respectively. Creators are Rom Di Prisco and Jesper Kyd.

The second video will be a week or so away, I've been editing non-stop for the past 3 days so I need some time off. It will be covering Air Tatsus, Corner Combos, and the "silly stuff."
    lordofultima

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By lordofultima
    My first of two combo videos for Akuma in Street Fighter IV. This one covers "Bread & Butter" combos as well as "Links." This is definitely the more informative of the two videos, it covering a lot of basic combos and setups that are integral to Akuma play. Here's the youtube link, complete with complete combo notation in the info if you're interested.

Gameplay recorded from the PC version of Street Fighter IV using Fraps, 1280x720 @60 fps. Arcade Stick/hand footage recorded with my JVC Everio Camcorder, 864x486 @29.970 fps. Major editing done in Adobe After Effects CS4, and the final cut compiled in Sony Vegas Pro 8.

Music from Unreal Tournament III soundtrack, "Afterburn" and "Mekalopolis" respectively. Creators are Rom Di Prisco and Jesper Kyd.

The second video will be a week or so away, I've been editing non-stop for the past 3 days so I need some time off. It will be covering Air Tatsus, Corner Combos, and the "silly stuff."
    The_A_Drain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By The_A_Drain

Absolutely amazing :D Very very impressed my friend, I might play some Akuma and check this stuff out :D

lordofultima

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By lordofultima
    @The_A_Drain: By all means! I wrecked a bunch of my local friends here tonight and it made me realize that I used to play that bad. Good times.
    Linkyshinks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#4  Edited By Linkyshinks

Great video, well edited and I ilke the style you have applied. The only shame I can see is the slight dip in FPS, which isn't the slow mo. Still, it's actually advantageous given this videos intention.

I like the Joytstick being in view, I think its a good idea to see the controller, (like when you did a Guitar Hero video a while back), I do however think it would be better if you had postioned the camera in perfect horizontal alignment, or ideally mounted the camera in a clamp above, directly over the Joystick, You could also have stuck a black cloth underneath the joystick to add more contrast and see things clearly.  It's easy to mod a handy cam with black tape to make it clamp-able. I just don't think it's anywhere near as helpful as it could be and it easily could be with a few minor adjustments to the camera and set up.

A very professional looking video none the less. Your videos are clearly improving.

lordofultima

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By lordofultima
    @Linkyshinks: Indeed, I could probably have just stood up a tripod right in front of my face too, but that probably would have been annoying as hell. The angled perspective was specifically for double-tapping, you can't get a sense for the double-tap from a top-down view.
    DirrtyNinja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By DirrtyNinja
    Sexy Vid.
    cdfishman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By cdfishman

after much practise I tried a few of these tricks on some online friends the other day, and now they think i'm cheating. lol

takes me back to the good ol days of arcades when you learned a quick combo and nobody wanted to play you.

EDIT: added practise to sentence, for it to make sense.
    lordofultima

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By lordofultima
    @cdfishman: practise very is important.
    jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#9  Edited By jakob187

While I think having the music definitely added a sense of atmosphere to the video, I'm sure you'll have a couple of guys that will be looking to hear the shouts and sound effects from the character as an additional way of recognizing timing on combos rather than just muscle memory.  Maybe you could bring the music down just a tiny bit in the mix?

Other than that, solid video dood.  Stylish, informative, and educational.
    lordofultima

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By lordofultima
    @jakob187: Even when you turn the BGM down to zero you can still hear music in Street Fighter IV, which is why the music I put in the video is perhaps drowning out the game audio. Stupid but true. I debated the levels but ultimately the music was more important to make it stylish.
    Scooper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#11  Edited By Scooper

Really good looking video. If you done one for each character in that quality you could put it on a DVD and sell it and I'm sure it would sell.

Avatar image for agnogenic_delete
    Agnogenic_delete

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#12  Edited By Agnogenic_delete

This is a very impressive video. I'll be using this to practice for a while. Thanks!

Flushes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Flushes

Great combos, man. Players that can consistently link big damage out of Akuma's forward roundhouse give me nightmares. I think you should do a video of some gimmicky shit (because Akuma has more of it than probably anyone else), and include some of those really dumb demon setups that everyone seems to fall for.

c1337us

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By c1337us

That was an awesome video. I dont play much Akuma when I play SFIV but I might give that stuff I try next time I pull it out.

lordofultima

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By lordofultima
    @Flushes: Demoning will be its own video for sure, that will be a verbal walkthrough since I don't think I can explain plinks with text.
    Baillie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#16  Edited By Baillie

It sucks trying to do those things especially with the weird ass set up I have for SFIV.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.