the one thing i despise about this game

#1 Posted by RedEyesBlueBunny (1011 posts) -

is that DAMN announcer. i just wanna PUNCH HIM IN THE FACE! or hadoken him in the face or somethin...i'd much rather stick to playing SFII HD remix than play this new game everyone loves so damn much because i just cannot stand the effing announcer guy in SFIV. i even tried turning him off, but the only way to do that is to turn off voices completely, and that takes away the one thing i love about this game in the process, as it turns off character voices as well, so i no longer get to hear Ryu's HADOOOOKEN and his HETCHITCHABATOOCHAKSJDFOSJFO and all those other sayings the characters make on command that make street fighter a classic franchise. so i'm sorry street fighter IV, you are just not the game for me

#2 Posted by HandsomeDead (11863 posts) -
'FISTS WILL FLY AT THIS LOCATION!' is the only thing I liked about the entire game.
#3 Posted by Napalm (9020 posts) -

Shut up.

#4 Posted by JJWeatherman (14560 posts) -
@HandsomeDead said:
" 'FISTS WILL FLY AT THIS LOCATION!' is the only thing I liked about the entire game. "
lol. Sounds awesome to me. 

@RedEyesBlueBunny: 
By the way, that's a good username.
#5 Posted by keyhunter (3207 posts) -

If you don't like the announcer in SF 4, you'll really hate the announcer in Capcom Vs. SNK 2. That guy is fucking bananas. He doesn't shut up ever, from the time you turn the game on, to when you've picked a level, and even during the loading of said level. The guy just keeps going, saying all kinds of nonsense all the while.

#6 Posted by Scooper (7881 posts) -

He's better then the one that's going to be in SSFIV to be honest.

#7 Posted by Napalm (9020 posts) -
@Scooper: I actually prefer the SSFIV announcer. He sounds so insane. I love it.
#8 Posted by Zero_ (1976 posts) -

I like the SFA3 announcer more":

GO FOR BROKE!!!

#9 Posted by baelrrogg (126 posts) -
@Napalm said:
" @Scooper: I actually prefer the SSFIV announcer. He sounds so insane. I love it. "
I second that 

@HandsomeDead said:
" 'FISTS WILL FLY AT THIS LOCATION!' is the only thing I liked about the entire game. "
Not suprising from someone with a Jared Leto avatar...lol
#10 Posted by Jeffsekai (7042 posts) -

READY FIGHT!!!!

#11 Posted by Plasma (931 posts) -

Hey, how else would I know that im proving the old axium? That this could be it? Without him I may as well be playing blind. 

On a serious note, man up. 

#12 Edited by SpecialBuddy (1112 posts) -

How can you stop playing a game for a reason so trivial as the announcers voice? Thats like if you stopped playing Bioshock just because no one in that game is black.

Stupid reason / thread is stupid.

#13 Posted by Jeffsekai (7042 posts) -
@SpecialBuddy said:
" How can you stop playing a game for a reason so trivial as the announcers voice? Thats like if you stopped playing Bioshock just because no one in that game is black.  Stupid reason / thread is stupid. "
HOLY SHIT YOU JUST BLEW MY MIND, man fuck that game
#14 Posted by SuperfluousMoniker (2910 posts) -

'This fight will prove the old axiom...' I forget the rest.

#15 Posted by luce (4045 posts) -

I am not playing a Street fighter game till they change the announcer to the one from The Price is Right

#16 Posted by YetiAntics (1491 posts) -

I DON'T CARE WHAT THE CRITICS SAY, VIOLENCE IS A BEAUTIFUL THING!
#17 Posted by JJOR64 (19023 posts) -

I love the announcer.  He is the shit.  I want to play as him in SSFIV.

#18 Posted by thegoldencat7 (1497 posts) -

Announcers cheesy but fine.  

But: 
"MY FIGHT MONEEEY!!!" 
Thats annoying.
#19 Posted by Symphony (1912 posts) -
@Scooper said:
" He's better then the one that's going to be in SSFIV to be honest. "
Seconded. 

The new announcer just sounds silly.
#20 Posted by AniMoney (957 posts) -

I love the SF4 announcer, the super one sounds like a stupid robot. Hopefully he grows on me.

#21 Posted by Kumo (125 posts) -

The SSF4 announcer reminds me too much of the Killer Instinct one. I keep waiting to hear him say "ULTRAAA COMBOOOOO" or something.
#22 Posted by lordofultima (6255 posts) -

SSF4 announcer is even more sick than the SF4 one in my opinion. I think they just need to rip the announcer from Killer Instinct directly, just have the same sound clips and everything.

#23 Posted by Thrawn1 (1340 posts) -

i think the best solution is to get john madden to do the voice-over for ssfiv

#24 Posted by Fallen189 (5036 posts) -

Fighters ready. Triumph or die!

#25 Posted by Yukoei (1878 posts) -
@JJOR64 said:
"I love the announcer.  He is the shit.  I want to play as him in SSFIV. "
#26 Posted by AniMoney (957 posts) -
@Thrawn said:
" i think the best solution is to get john madden to do the voice-over for ssfiv "
Al Michaels: "Sagat drops back, throws a high tiger shot deep down the middle... aand it's good! Touchdown! Sagat wins! Perfect!"

John Madden: "See the reason that the Sagat player won is because he did more damage than the other guy."
#27 Posted by Driadon (3001 posts) -
@AniMoney said:
" @Thrawn said:
" i think the best solution is to get john madden to do the voice-over for ssfiv "
Al Michaels: "Sagat drops back, throws a high tiger shot deep down the middle... aand it's good! Touchdown! Sagat wins! Perfect!"  
  John Madden: "See the reason that-at-at the Sagat player won is because he did more-ore-ore damage than the other-r-r-r guy." "  

/fixed for stuttering.
#28 Posted by misterpope (379 posts) -
@Driadon said:
" @AniMoney said:
" @Thrawn said:
  John Madden: "See the reason that-at-at the Sagat player won is because he did more-ore-ore damage than the other-r-r-r guy." "  
 /fixed for stuttering. "

YES. Make this happen Capcom.
#29 Posted by sfighter21 (798 posts) -
@AniMoney said:
" @Thrawn said:
Al Michaels: "Sagat drops back, throws a high tiger shot deep down the middle... aand it's good! Touchdown! Sagat wins! Perfect!" John Madden: "See the reason that the Sagat player won is because he did more damage than the other guy." "
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!  Priceless.  That is what John Madden would say if he was the announcer.
#30 Posted by Icil (727 posts) -

What if SF4 had an intelligent (word's a stretch) announcer system like today's sports games?

#31 Posted by Jeffsekai (7042 posts) -
@Icil said:
" What if SF4 had an intelligent (word's a stretch) announcer system like today's sports games? "
Unless its Chris Hu or Magus1234 no
#32 Posted by ryuken (109 posts) -
@SpecialBuddy:
hahaha awesome. thanks for that.
#33 Posted by Sanj (2461 posts) -

Announcer doesn't bug me, BUT the main theme tune is really getting on my nerves.
#34 Posted by lordofultima (6255 posts) -
@Icil said:
" What if SF4 had an intelligent (word's a stretch) announcer system like today's sports games? "
I wouldn't call that intelligent at all, and play-by-play commentary in a fighting game is silly. 

"There's a fireball, oh there's another fireball, LOOK ANOTHER FIREBALL, WATCH OUT HE'S THROWN A FIREBALL, OH HE JUMPED UPPERCUT THAT SHIT!!"
#35 Edited by RipTheVeins (1546 posts) -
@AniMoney said:

" @Thrawn said:

Al Michaels: "Sagat drops back, throws a high tiger shot deep down the middle... aand it's good! Touchdown! Sagat wins! Perfect!" John Madden: "See the reason that the Sagat player won is because he did more damage than the other guy." "
Madden (continued): I thought Sagat was done for, but then came the Tiger Punch--BOOM! Tough-actin'-Tinactin!
#36 Posted by Shadow (4981 posts) -

Because you just hear his voice, I imagine that what most of you don't realize is

This is the announcer
#37 Posted by lordofultima (6255 posts) -
@Shadow said:
" Because you just hear his voice, I imagine that what most of you don't realize is
 This is the announcer
"
I wish the government bond/grant dude would be the announcer, he was full of charisma.
#38 Posted by Belonpopo (1823 posts) -

I'm pretty certain this thread is going to be "ONE HELL OF A SHOW!"

#39 Edited by Ninjalaw (26 posts) -

I don't mind the announcer, especially when he yells "FIGHT!!" It could be worse though... They could have brought back the announcer from SSFII: The new challengers. Now THAT announcer was annoying to listen to.

#40 Posted by lordofultima (6255 posts) -
@Ninjalaw said:
" I don't mind the announcer, especially when he yells "FIGHT!!" It could be worse though... They could have brought back the announcer from SSFII: The new challengers. Now THAT announcer was annoying to listen to. "
One of my favorites, he also voiced guile, which explained Guile's sudden girly "SONIC BEUM!"
#41 Posted by Ninjalaw (26 posts) -
@lordofultima said:
" @Ninjalaw said:
" I don't mind the announcer, especially when he yells "FIGHT!!" It could be worse though... They could have brought back the announcer from SSFII: The new challengers. Now THAT announcer was annoying to listen to. "
One of my favorites, he also voiced guile, which explained Guile's sudden girly "SONIC BEUM!" "

Oh yeah lol, I forgot about that. I remember thinking back then "What did they do to Guile?"

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.