Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Street Fighter IV

Game » consists of 9 releases. Released Jul 18, 2008

After nearly a decade in hiatus, Capcom's signature mainline fighting game series resurfaces with its fourth main installment, combining the traditional 2D gameplay with modern fully-3D graphics.

Third Strike HD Remix?

SpecialBuddy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By SpecialBuddy
    According to an interview on the front page over on eventhubs.com there was a question regarding a possible "remix" of Street Fighter 3: Third Strike.

"There's HD Remix, SFIV, and MVC2, just to name a few, and there may be some more good news for Capcom fighting fans in the future... who knows? 8)"

Lets hope this is a reality cause I want some Q action!

Edit: I know this isnt the Third Strike forums but i figure no one is on those and all the people that would be would be on these forums more often.
    Gambit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By Gambit

That would be awesome. I would also love to see a HD remix of capcom vs snk 2 also.

Kou_Leifoh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By Kou_Leifoh

Third Strike is the best in the Street Fighter series. I was disappointed that the cast from Street Fighter III was neglected from Street Fighter IV. Please - for the love of God -let Capcom remake Third Strike...

The_A_Drain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By The_A_Drain

Not going to happen.

Said it before practically all over the internet, guess i'll say it again, there is just too many frames of animation for it to be a sound business decision, I mean look how long HDRemix took, and theres barely (barely) half the frames of animation in that than there is in III.

It's the same reason we are seeing an MvC2 rerelease instead of remake (license issues aside) it's simply too much work for the money it would make. It's not a viable full priced retail product, and as a downloadable product it's not going to cover the costs of making it (not to mention even getting it on the services in the first place, HDRemix is HUGE file size and has 12 characters with next to no animation frames)

I'd love it as much as the next fan, but it is not going to happen, beleive me or don't it's your decision.

Capcom are a business like any other, and if they are going to lose money on it, or it's going to take such a long time to make it won't be out until the sun explodes, it won't happen.

slinky6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By slinky6

The game doesn't even need a remake.   It looks great as it is.   If they give it the the MvC2 treatment a while from now and make it downloadable with online, I'll be happy.

SpecialBuddy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By SpecialBuddy
    The_A_Drain said:
    "Not going to happen.Said it before practically all over the internet, guess i'll say it again, there is just too many frames of animation for it to be a sound business decision, I mean look how long HDRemix took, and theres barely (barely) half the frames of animation in that than there is in III.It's the same reason we are seeing an MvC2 rerelease instead of remake (license issues aside) it's simply too much work for the money it would make. It's not a viable full priced retail product, and as a downloadable product it's not going to cover the costs of making it (not to mention even getting it on the services in the first place, HDRemix is HUGE file size and has 12 characters with next to no animation frames)I'd love it as much as the next fan, but it is not going to happen, beleive me or don't it's your decision.Capcom are a business like any other, and if they are going to lose money on it, or it's going to take such a long time to make it won't be out until the sun explodes, it won't happen."
    Wow what a boner killer...
    The_A_Drain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By The_A_Drain

Don't blame me :\ I'm just the messenger, I want an HD remake as much as anyone else but someone has to dowse the fire before it burns someone.

Kou_Leifoh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Kou_Leifoh

Though it is possible for Capcom to bring the original Third Strike to PSN & XBLA - with some added content, like the stages and the theme music from the first two Street Fighter III games.

I say, Capcom should give it the same treatment like Marvel Vs Capcom 2, like give it some HD filters and a robust online modes; I'll be fine with that.

Also, if you remember, Capcom did redraw the backgrounds for Super Puzzle Fighter II Turbo, but not the sprites; Capcom could the same for Third Strike.

The_A_Drain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By The_A_Drain

It's possible I suppose, but with Puzzle Fighter the sprites were pretty much part of the background.

I'd fully support it coming to XBLA/PSN in a filtered (optional unfiltered) format (those aren't 'HD' filters, a filter gets applied to the entire screen, or specified image/area of image, regardless of resolution) and given the success of recent titles it's quite probable.

Don't expect them to many ANY changes to third strike however, but be hopefull that they do. Honestly though the online is bad enough in HDRemix and SFIV that if III is anything like that parrying becomes a no go area. My timing is way off in SFIV to the point I got beat by a Ryu simply because everytime I TAP'ed around his fireball, it mysteriously hit me. The way the game hides lag (drops frames) is absolutely disgusting as well, it shouldn't have even been a consideration.

ImperiousRix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 45

User Lists: 4

#10  Edited By ImperiousRix

I know it's been said a billion times already, but I agree on the giving it the MVC2 treatment.
    There're my two cents.

REDRUN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By REDRUN

SOme 3rd Stike with some MvC2 magic... that would be nice. I wouldn't mind buying some 3rd Strike themes either :) A leadershipboard and match making modes would be a great addisiotn for a PSN and XBLA version for that perfect arcade experience.

AgentJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 31

#12  Edited By AgentJ

Whether they HD it or not, I'd buy it

Linkyshinks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Linkyshinks

Strike and Impact merged, a wide array of competition modes and online features. two new characters., and I'm sold. Street Fighter 3 online has to happen one day, the sooner the better as far as i'm concerned.

Plasma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Plasma

YES YES YES! =D

GreasyTayTay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By GreasyTayTay

Someone already said it but 3rd strike really doesn't need to be redone in HD... It's a beautiful game as is, and the quality of the visuals still stands very well. Probably the second best looking 2D fighter I can think of... And I think I could debate that one with myself anyways... It's between SF3 and Guilty Gear XX....

However! Why not just go buy anniversary collection? It's pretty easy to find for less then $10. Harder to find for PS but worth while. 

Kou_Leifoh said:
    "Third Strike is the best in the Street Fighter series."
    I'd debate this one. Third Strike and SF4 have their strengths but I think the big thing for SF4 that makes it better is the comparrison of SF3s newly introduced tech vs. SF4s newly introduced tech (Parry vs. focus attacks).
    Now I am -not- going to debate that in the hands of a skilled player parrys win hands down. I would have to be a retard to say that focus attacks are technically superior. However I believe that focus attacks open the game up to more levels of play. Parrying was solely for those who -really- knew their shit. I played SF3 for years and the only things I am capable of consistantly parrying are jump-ins and projectiles (like basket balls!!! Speaking of which, I miss Sean.). 
    Focus attacks are just for everyone, you can just use them in a straightforward way, like an easy counter to a jump-in, or you can get a little more technical and do focus dash cancels. The entire game just promotes offensive play alot better and all levels of players can effectively use focus attacks... I just think it makes it a better game then 3.
    Diamond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Diamond

Yea I didn't like the SF3 games at all.  Hated most of the new characters, too weird.  Q is cool though and has a cool theme, but he doesn't seem to be a great fighter (at any level).

Not only would the animations of SF3 make it hard to remake, but the game has a much more narrow appeal, so you'd be spending way more money but getting a much smaller market.  It also goes against the wise direction Capcom took with SF4, returning the game to it's high quality roots.

sparky_buzzsaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

User Lists: 42

#17  Edited By sparky_buzzsaw

I agree with TayTay.  I'm not a great SF player, but I can recognize talent, and we're seeing whole new levels of expertise and gameplay possibilities with SFIV.  It's amazing watching people play who really know their shit, because they take the excellent parrying system and move beyond it to a whole new level.  Now, more than ever, it's a thinking man's fighter at its highest levels while still being entertaining for those of us who can't react and think as quickly as them.

Kou_Leifoh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Kou_Leifoh
    Diamond said:
    "Yea I didn't like the SF3 games at all.  Hated most of the new characters, too weird.  Q is cool though and has a cool theme, but he doesn't seem to be a great fighter (at any level).Not only would the animations of SF3 make it hard to remake, but the game has a much more narrow appeal, so you'd be spending way more money but getting a much smaller market.  It also goes against the wise direction Capcom took with SF4, returning the game to it's high quality roots."
    How the fuck are the characters -like Makoto - is "too weird"  even compare to Blanka? Only Street Fighter II fanboys are stupid enough to think that a superb fighting game like Street Fighter III is crap because of the characters. A true Street Fighter fan loves Street Fighter as a whole and not dislike a game because the characters are "too weird."

As for the gameplay, Street Fighter III is only perceived as technical because of percise timing, it has nothing to do with depth. Maybe the problem isn't Street Fighter III's gameplay, maybe it's you, you just suck at Street Fighter III.

As for only targeting a narrow market? Street Fighter III popularity has grown a lot since it's released and there's a lot fans of Street Fighter III. And for the people who haven't played the game, are curious about the game. Also, there are people who played Street Fighter III after they played Street Fighter IV and they ended up liking Street Fighter III more than Street Fighter IV.

And for Q not being a great fighter? Check this shit.

ImperiousRix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By ImperiousRix

I used to think the character designs in SFIII were weird, but I think it was because the animation was just so strangely fluid to me that I found it... bizarre when it first came out.  Only after I rediscovered the arcade scene did I really start digging some of the characters and the gameplay.  Don't get me wrong, I suck ass at SFIII, but I have a blast playing it.
    I miss Alex T__T.
    Alex, Dudley, Remy... where have you gone?

Diamond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Diamond
    Kou_Leifoh said:
    "Diamond said:
    "Yea I didn't like the SF3 games at all.  Hated most of the new characters, too weird.  Q is cool though and has a cool theme, but he doesn't seem to be a great fighter (at any level).Not only would the animations of SF3 make it hard to remake, but the game has a much more narrow appeal, so you'd be spending way more money but getting a much smaller market.  It also goes against the wise direction Capcom took with SF4, returning the game to it's high quality roots."
    How the fuck are the characters -like Makoto - is "too weird"  even compare to Blanka? Only Street Fighter II fanboys are stupid enough to think that a superb fighting game like Street Fighter III is crap because of the characters. A true Street Fighter fan loves Street Fighter as a whole and not dislike a game because the characters are "too weird."

As for the gameplay, Street Fighter III is only perceived as technical because of percise timing, it has nothing to do with depth. Maybe the problem isn't Street Fighter III's gameplay, maybe it's you, you just suck at Street Fighter III.

As for only targeting a narrow market? Street Fighter III popularity has grown a lot since it's released and there's a lot fans of Street Fighter III. And for the people who haven't played the game, are curious about the game. Also, there are people who played Street Fighter III after they played Street Fighter IV and they ended up liking Street Fighter III more than Street Fighter IV.

And for Q not being a great fighter? Check this shit.
    The weirdest characters in SF2 were Blanka and Dhalsim.  In SF3 you have Necro, Oro, Tweleve, Urien, and Gill.  However I guess I should have expressed myself a bit better, most of the characters in SF3 are just boring.  Sean, Alex, Hugo, Remy, Dudley, Yang and Yun.  However, Street Fighter 3 is crap for a lot more reasons than its fighters.

I agree, SF3 is not a deep game.  It's a game that a few people got really into, so they decided to become elistists about the game's quality.  Another problem I have with the game.  Why should I even want to become truly good at SF3?

Growing popularity?  Lots of fans?  People are curious about the game now?  I don't think so.  Once again, it's completely contrary to the direction of SF4.

"there are people who played Street Fighter III after they played Street Fighter IV and they ended up liking Street Fighter III more than Street Fighter IV."

Lol.  What people?  I mean sure, some people could enjoy SF3 more, even after playing SF4 and not already being devoted to SF3, but obviously you're talking about some very unique people.  What reason is there to like SF3 more?

Problem with Q is no matter what level of play, he's pretty disadvantaged.
    Kou_Leifoh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Kou_Leifoh

Well obviously you're a Street Fighter II fanboy who is trying to cover up your stupidity by going after Street Fighter III's gameplay - which there's nothing wrong with. It's also stupid that you're criticizing a game that you obvisously barely have any knowledge of.

As for the characters, Necro was kidnap by the Illumanti and experimented on so that's the reason why Necro is so unique - or as you like to call it "weird"  Oro? how the fuck is he weird? Oro is 140 years old who trained in a cave for fifty years and is consider to be the strongest fighter in the world. Ultimate solider - A.K.A Twelve - is a great character he can shap shift into almost anything and he has a great and original play style so how do you find that boring or even weird? Urien & Gill, my God, perfect example on how truly full carp you are. Urein has the power to manipulate electricity and metal while Gill has the power to manipulate fire and ice, their designs are base off of real Gods so how do you find that weird?

As for the rest of the characters, appearanly you don't know much about those characters cause obviously when you first saw the characters you were so focus on the fact that the Street Fighter III characters were not the Street Fighter II characters and you never gave those characters a REAL chance. Also, Dudley is consider by many - and that's includes casuals - as one of the finest characters ever created.

And what about the characters that were introduce in the Alpha series? I don't see people hating those characters and hell, even the fucking EX characters are not getting any hate. I think it's because the Street Fighter II appear along side them. If the Street Fighter II characters appear along side the Street Fighter III cast, you would be loving characters like Alex, Hugo, Remy, etc.

Street Fighter III popularity has grown a lot, you just don't want to beleive it because you still hate Street Fighter III -  and I'm pretty sure it's a stupid reason on why you hate the game. And just to let you know, Street Fighter IV is the reason why people are curious about the game. Maybe you're not much of a true Street Fighter fan to even know that.

Street Fighter III's gameplay is the pinnacle of the Street Fighter series, that's why the game always comes back in the tournament scene. And others who haven't played the game will love the game as well once they get a chance to play it.

Q may have some disadvantages but he does come out on top.

Q, the master
    Q, the master

Diamond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Diamond
    Kou_Leifoh said:
    "Well obviously you're a Street Fighter II fanboy who is trying to cover up your stupidity by going after Street Fighter III's gameplay - which there's nothing wrong with. It's also stupid that you're criticizing a game that you obvisously barely have any knowledge of.

As for the characters, Necro was kidnap by the Illumanti and experimented on so that's the reason why Necro is so unique - or as you like to call it "weird"  Oro? how the fuck is he weird? Oro is 140 years old who trained in a cave for fifty years and is consider to be the strongest fighter in the world. Ultimate solider - A.K.A Twelve - is a great character he can shap shift into almost anything and he has a great and original play style so how do you find that boring or even weird? Urien & Gill, my God, perfect example on how truly full carp you are. Urein has the power to manipulate electricity and metal while Gill has the power to manipulate fire and ice, their designs are base off of real Gods so how do you find that weird?

As for the rest of the characters, appearanly you don't know much about those characters cause obviously when you first saw the characters you were so focus on the fact that the Street Fighter III characters were not the Street Fighter II characters and you never gave those characters a REAL chance. Also, Dudley is consider by many - and that's includes casuals - as one of the finest characters ever created.

And what about the characters that were introduce in the Alpha series? I don't see people hating those characters and hell, even the fucking EX characters are not getting any hate. I think it's because the Street Fighter II appear along side them. If the Street Fighter II characters appear along side the Street Fighter III cast, you would be loving characters like Alex, Hugo, Remy, etc.

Street Fighter III popularity has grown a lot, you just don't want to beleive it because you still hate Street Fighter III -  and I'm pretty sure it's a stupid reason on why you hate the game. And just to let you know, Street Fighter IV is the reason why people are curious about the game. Maybe you're not much of a true Street Fighter fan to even know that.

Street Fighter III's gameplay is the pinnacle of the Street Fighter series, that's why the game always comes back in the tournament scene. And others who haven't played the game will love the game as well once they get a chance to play it.

Q may have some disadvantages but he does come out on top.

Q, the master

Would you mind not resorting to personal attacks (fanboy and stupid)?  I'm not calling you a Street Fighter 3 fanboy even though you have SF3 characters in your avatar.  If anything I'm a fan of SF4, since it's the most feature filled, refined, and best looking SF yet.  SF2 even has bad control compared to more modern SF games.  You're attacking ME rather than contradicting what I'm saying.  You say SF3's gameplay has nothing wrong with it.  If you really believe that, you're a fanboy by defintion.  Every game has faults.  I can tell you for a fact, I'm no fanboy.  I appreciate games for what they are, and I never become so tied down to a single game that I'll defend it irrationally.  I don't even focus on single genres like most gamers do, I'll play almost anything.  I choose SF4 because thinking objectively it's the best in the series.

You can tell the back stories of the characters all you like, but it's obvious they're more unrealistic, outlandish characters than most of the SF2 cast.  I can understand why someone might like the game for that reason, but SF3 felt like a major departure from the SF series thematically.

I most certainly gave SF3 more than enough chances, though.  Bought Third Strike for Dreamcast, bought it again in that anniversery collection.  I played it against the CPU and I played it against friends.  No arcade nearby ever got the game, on Dreamcast there was no online support.  My friends were always worse at games than me, they didn't want to play against me for long.

Dudley ones of the 'finest characters ever created'?  I know people like to meme him out on 4chan, but he's hardly a big name character.  What do you like about him anyways, what's the appeal?  Anyways, I don't spare hatred for some of the SFA or SFEX characters, but SFA at least retained a lot of the good characters.  Nothing would make me love Hugo, Remy, or Alex, but if it had included more of the good old SF2 characters, I would have liked SF3 that much more, sure.

Were you gaming when SF3 first came out?  Because personally I only see the SF3 fanbase shrinking over the years.  A small community is a damned good reason to not want to spend time learning a game, especially if the fanbase is compromised of a small group of obsessed gamers who've been playing it for years.

Anyways, I suppose it's pointless to continue arguing with someone as stubborn about their games of choice as you are.  I tend to get dragged down by being respectful and rational even when the person I'm debating is not.  I'll leave you with this : look at your own opinions on the game, question what 'truths' you have built up in your mind.  You haven't given me any reason why you even think SF3 is a better game than SF4, or why someone should want to play SF3 over SF4.  If you can't think of any reasons but still insist SF3 is a better game, then you have your issue right in front of you.
    Kou_Leifoh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Kou_Leifoh

...And your true issue is with Street Fighter III is the characters -  which is a stupid reason to hate the game (Your reason for hating the game is stupid not you.) and it's not the gameplay. And even though you called Street Fighter III itself "crap", you said you would like Street Fighter III if it had some more characters from Street Fighter II.

If you even remember, Street Fighter II was a major departure from the original Street Fighter. Capcom felt like they had to go more new with Street Fighter III seeing how they milk the whole Street Fighter II formula a lot.

You should take your ass over at Capcom Unity and you'll see tons of fans of the Street Fighter III characters.

And you calling me stubborn?looks who talking. I'm also not a Street Fighter III fanboy, I am a true Street Fighter fan who loves Street Fighter as a whole and would love for Street Fighter III to get repersented in Street Fighter IV. Street Fighter III is my favorite game in the series and I think it's better, but I don't call the other Street Fighters crap.

Diamond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Diamond
    Kou_Leifoh said:
    "...And your true issue is with Street Fighter III is the characters -  which is a stupid reason to hate the game (Your reason for hating the game is stupid not you.) and it's not the gameplay. And even though you called Street Fighter III itself "crap", you said you would like Street Fighter III if it had some more characters from Street Fighter II.If you even remember, Street Fighter II was a major departure from the original Street Fighter. Capcom felt like they had to go more new with Street Fighter III seeing how they milk the whole Street Fighter II formula a lot.You should take your ass over at Capcom Unity and you'll see tons of fans of the Street Fighter III characters. And you calling me stubborn?looks who talking. I'm also not a Street Fighter III fanboy, I am a true Street Fighter fan who loves Street Fighter as a whole and would love for Street Fighter III to get repersented in Street Fighter IV. Street Fighter III is my favorite game in the series and I think it's better, but I don't call the other Street Fighters crap."
    Why is it every person I get in internet arguments with has horrible reading comprehension?  Why do I even bother?  You misconstrue my opinion and then proceed to criticize it.  YES I don't like the SF3 characters, no that isn't my only complaint.  If you knew how to read, you wouldn't be saying what you just said.  For the record, I only said SF3 was crap because you used that hyperbole term in the first place, and I thought it'd be a bit of fun to go along with it.  You originally said I called it crap, when I never did, and I thought that was amusing.

Every game has their niche audience, but considering SF3 never even sold a million copies on consoles and the arcade distribution wasn't nearly as much as many other concurrent arcade games, it's safe to say it never had a very large community.  I don't think this is a relevant factor in the quality of a game of course, but fighting games need their communities (because the basis of the gameplay is competition).

How am I stubborn?  Please, tell me.  Even now you can't say why you like Street Fighter 3 so much.  There's characters I would have liked to be in SF4.  Hell, I'd replace Rose with Ibuki any day, even though I think Rose works out fairly well.  I'd rather have Karin in SF4 too.

I didn't enjoy Street Fighter 3, but my original point is the game is niche and it's contrary to Capcom's direction for the series, thus it won't get a port, IMO.
    The_A_Drain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By The_A_Drain

What the hell is the problem Kou, the dude doesn't like SFIII's character designs.... OH NO!!! We should force him to LOVE it against his will...

I love SFIII's gameplay but I avoided it because I didn't like the majority of it's characters, why the fuck should someone devote time and effort to playing a game they don't find visually appealing?

Bullshit, if anyones a fanboy here it's you, you're certainly throwing enough insults to fill a fanboys quota. Just accept the fact he doesn't like SFIII and move on... I do beleive he is allowed to dislike parts
    of a franchise, just as you are allowed to like the franchise as a whole. If he wants to call SFIII crappy, fine, in his mind that might well be true so how about you lay off telling people how to think?

Kou_Leifoh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Kou_Leifoh
    Diamond said:
     Street Fighter 3 is crap for a lot more reasons than its fighters
    Care to explain?
    Diamond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Diamond
    Kou_Leifoh said:
    "Diamond said:
    Care to explain?"
    Diamond said:
    For the record, I only said SF3 was crap because you used that hyperbole term in the first place, and I thought it'd be a bit of fun to go along with it.
    HURR.  If you still don't understand, press Ctrl+F and type 'crap' into Find.  See who said 'crap' first.
    Kou_Leifoh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Kou_Leifoh
    Diamond said:
    "Kou_Leifoh said:
    "Diamond said:
    Care to explain?"
    Diamond said:
    For the record, I only said SF3 was crap because you used that hyperbole term in the first place, and I thought it'd be a bit of fun to go along with it.
    HURR.  If you still don't understand, press Ctrl+F and type 'crap' into Find.  See who said 'crap' first."
    So the troll reveals his true form.

Anyways, Street Fighter III is part of the Street Fighter universe wither you like it or not. The Street Fighter III characters will never go away - like Street Fighter II and Alpha - and fans of those characters will keep pushing for them for future installments.
    Diamond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Diamond
    Kou_Leifoh said:
    More personal attacks?  Calling me a troll now?  This is going nowhere...
    SpecialBuddy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By SpecialBuddy

Wow i started something diabolical...

ImperiousRix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By ImperiousRix

Seriously.  I do not wish to be associated with this flame war!

Diagonol

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Diagonol
    Gambit said:
    "That would be awesome. I would also love to see a HD remix of capcom vs snk 2 also."
    That would be incredible! That and 3rd strike have given me the fondest street fighter memories. Hands down.
    Kou_Leifoh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Kou_Leifoh
    Diamond said:
    "Kou_Leifoh said:
    More personal attacks?  Calling me a troll now?  This is going nowhere..."
    You calling SFIII crap just to get me pissed off is clearly trolling.
    turbomonkey138

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#34  Edited By turbomonkey138

I never got into this game so id deffo buy this if it came out

Diamond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Diamond
    Kou_Leifoh said:
    "Diamond said:
    "Kou_Leifoh said:
    More personal attacks?  Calling me a troll now?  This is going nowhere..."
    You calling SFIII crap just to get me pissed off is clearly trolling."
    You pissed me off by putting words in my mouth, and you're clearly both the fanboy and troll here.  Not only did you ATTACK ME PERSONALLY for saying the game wouldn't get a port because it's niche, but you continue to harass me.
    Linkyshinks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Linkyshinks

Both of you should really not get wound up so easily... Kou, you are bound to come across opinions that are in stark contrast to yours, some that seem like trolling, there's no need to go in all aggressive with a fuck in the first sentence though, simply ask for a explanation, and expect no reply to sufficiently justify calling SF3 crap.

The vast majority of the fan ship know it's not "crap", far from it of course, so why seek any explanation in the first place?. Crap games do not get played at the very highest level of competition.

The fact is SF3 is much lovedand appreciatedamong the SF faithful. SF3 may have aspects that do not instantly appeal to those who have leanings to the SF2 style of gameplay, I can understand this, but at the same time I am confident such people have for the most part been totally converted now. 

If you spend ample time with the game you begin to see the games many merits. These merits went unnoticed in reviews when first released, disgruntled reviewers who had little time with the game had their negative say. While curious fans on the other hand were open enough spend  time with the game, enough time to firmly think in stark contrast.

I have spent  enough time with the game to know it's awesome. Character roster/design could have been better, but it's a non issue where there is so much quality elsewhere, and when the game feels so cohesive as product.

Noodles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By Noodles
    slinky6 said:
    "The game doesn't even need a remake.   It looks great as it is.   If they give it the the MvC2 treatment a while from now and make it downloadable with online, I'll be happy."

This. I play 3s religiously on GGPO and I would love to be able to switch over to playing it on 360. The graphics are fine, and the game is already on the original Xbox (SF Anniversary Collection) with Xbox Live multiplayer, so it really wouldn't be hard to bring it to XBLA. Hell, I would buy a $60 box copy of 3s if they made it for 360 =O
    Damotello

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By Damotello

Quick Diamond! Use your ultra combo!

AgentJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 31

#39  Edited By AgentJ

Yep, put it on the digital services, and MAKE ARCADE STICKS MORE READILY AVAILABLE!

Aljosa15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#40  Edited By Aljosa15

That...would be incredible. 3rd Strike is still my favourite fighting game of all-time.

JJOR64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#41  Edited By JJOR64

I'm down if they make it.  I just bought Street Fighter Anniversary Collection for Xbox and been playing 3rd Strike lately.  Would love to see it remade or re-released.

keyhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By keyhunter

Street fighter 3 has good graphics, but all the characters are stupid.

JJOR64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#43  Edited By JJOR64
    @keyhunter:   You don't like this sexy beast?

No Caption Provided

Avatar image for deactivated-5ffc9b0923f9f
    deactivated-5ffc9b0923f9f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

While a remake would be cool, I'd be 100% fine if they just ported it to the Live Arcade and added an online lobby system. That'd be awesome.

Ibuki & Makoto are sweet. So is Hugo, lol. Hugo is way better than Rufus.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.